The Older Potter // HP Older...

By Ilvermornist

Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Mag... More

Part 1
TRAILER
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121

2

39.1K 1.2K 1K
By Ilvermornist

C H A P T E R 2

"One more push Lily, c'mon hon', you're almost there!" James cried out next to his wife trying to calm her and hopefully taking away as much pain as he could for her, knowing it probably wasn't much.

Lily cried out in pain as the sound of a baby's cry could be heard from the healer's arms.

"And we have our baby boy," Healer Mary said happily as she took the baby to the crib and set him down checking to see if there were any problems.

James kissed Lily's head and walked over to Mary ready to tell her their new baby boy's name.

"His name is Harry. Harry James Potter," James said to another healer standing close by who nodded and wrote it on the birth certificate.

"Go get Samantha, Sirius, and Remus, James," Lily said as she sat back and rested her head on the pillow exhausted from another tiring but well worth it birth.

James nodded and swiftly walked out of the room and down the hall to the waiting area.

He saw Samantha sitting on Sirius' lap sleeping against his chest and Remus reading a book. His parents were currently on Order business that, sadly had to wait until it was finished, and Lily's parents were with Petunia helping out her and her newborn baby, Dudley.

"Who wants to meet the new Marauder?" James announced to them with a cheeky smile.

Sirius immediately looked over to James and nodded excitedly. "Yes, my Godson!" he exclaimed throwing his arm into the air, and obviously not caring that he woke up Samantha who had just turned two last October.

Remus looked up from his book and nodded as well just as excited though he didn't show it in any dramatic ways.

Samantha stirred awake as Sirius set her down and started to wake her up.

"Where we going Siri?" she asked as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"To meet your new baby brother," Sirius said taking her small hand and walking with her over to James.

"Ok!" she said excitedly and clung James' leg.

"Let's go princess," James said as Samantha sat down on his foot and held on to his leg.

He began to walk as Sirius and Remus laughed behind him loving their father daughter bond.

"Here he is," James announced as they walked into the room.

Samantha let go of James' leg and scurried over to Lily who was holding Harry in her arms.

"Hi mama!" she said happily and stood at the edge of her bed.

"Hi sweetie, meet baby Harry," Lily said and moved so she could see Harry. He looked just like James though with Lily's bright green eyes hidden underneath a tuft of jet black hair that stood up in every which way.

They spent the next few hours talking and spending time with each other. Samantha enjoyed watching James and Sirius play Exploding Snap and even played a round though being closely watched by her mother. Harry was a quieter baby and wasn't woken as easily as Samantha was. He yawned every now and then and didn't seem to have the exuberance that Samantha had.

Lily was pleased that her new son was a little quieter since she wanted her two kids to have balance, just like her and James.

After dinner, they received a guest who they were not expecting. They also were not expecting the words that were going to come out of the guests' mouth.

Albus Dumbledore walked into the room and didn't look too happy. He held a grim expression which is very rare on Dumbledore. Remus picked up on Albus' expression and was apprehensive about what he was going to say next.

"Professor, what are you doing here?" James asked standing up and greeting their former Headmaster.

Dumbledore sighed and showed no emotion, just like when he walked in.

"Take a seat James. I have some...news regarding your newest son, Harry,"

James looked at Lily who immediately sat up and looked at Dumbledore warily not knowing what to think about what he was going to say next.

• • • • •

The sun rose the morning of November 1st, not a cloud in sight. The early morning sun was already well risen and the spring grass shone like it had its own gentle glow from within. The birds were chirping, however not in a good way, or in a good mood for that matter.

A new flush of every kind of owl were occupying the trees, more specifically birds' nests.

The owls must have been a living definition of beauty in life. If a picture is a thousand words these creatures would have been novels. Its once soul-full eyes had been replaced with black glass and the feathers were dull without the oils of a living bird. It had been transformed from something that would happily take its time delivering messages to hastily delivering these dark-ending messages.

Owls were stopping along their long journeys for a little snack and quickly flew back into the sky to deliver the important message tied to their legs.

Moreover, these messages were much more important than any other letters written. These letters contained important information. Information that would bring families joy and happiness, emotions that haven't been expressed in quite some time.

A light crack went off and so did another. People, certain people, were still celebrating. Celebrating as though they haven't slept a wink that night.

But why would they sleep when they've heard the best news in over twelve years?

The news that meant no more worrying and no more fear of losing loved ones.

For he was gone. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has vanished. Disappeared.

That gave everyone something to celebrate over. No doubt about that.

Though it wasn't a happy time for a handful of people. These people were at the core of the war and things did not turn out what they were hoping for.

However one person, who they thought was a part of the group, was the happiest out of them all. He had accomplished his mission, though his master has disappeared in the process which he was not expecting.

The whole day of November 1st was filled with mass amounts of owls flying around to deliver and discuss the splendid news, plenty of shooting stars to add to the celebrations, and of course the celebrations themselves.

Muggles noticed the odd behavior and started to pick up on it. They were confused about the wave of owls and the strange people dressed in funny cloaks happily walking about the streets of London cheering and even greeting them with such exuberance and excitement.

The strange people didn't even think to be careful around the Muggles, making sure their world was still hidden and not judged.

The day went on just as it started. The sun set and celebrations were still going on to the Ministry of Magic's dismay.

One neighborhood, one street in particular, was probably the most quiet and most normal out of them all.

Not for long though.

A simple cat trotted along Privet Drive stopping at a certain house waiting for the arrival of a dear friend hoping the sum of news that she heard was not true.

Out in the distance, the lamp lights slowly disappeared and darkened the street making sure no one saw the upcoming events. In the dead of night even the city lights ebbed to a mere inkling. The city lights dwindled to a smattering of stubborn night owls.

An old man wearing an unusual outfit walked swiftly down the road, his blue eyes looking at nothing but a certain house that looked like all the others in the neighborhood of Little Whinging.

His blue eyes sparkled behind a pair of half-moon spectacles as he approached the front of the house and waited for the arrival of three very important people.

He stood there scanning the house contemplating its appearance when something unusual caught his attention, however as soon as he saw it, the old man chuckled and instantly understood.

A cat was sitting so stiffly on the edge of the driveway and made no notice to the man watching it.

• • • • •

"But just Harry? Not Samantha?" Professor McGonagall asked looking at Albus.

He nodded.

"How? Why?" the stern looking woman asked.

"I don't know Minerva. We may never know," he answered.

"Well what's going to happen to them?" she asked after putting away her lace handkerchief.

"I've come to bring Harry to his aunt and uncle," the old man answered.

"Why? Albus he can't live here with these Muggles. They're so unlike us and they have this son...Harry Potter cannot live here!" Professor McGonagall cried, her face scrunching up in disgust as she thought about how these Muggles acted. She was by no means prejudiced against them but Harry's well being was a main priority and she felt that this family was unsuitable.

"It's the best place for him, Minerva. He'll be away from all of the fame. In time, everything will be explained to him," Dumbledore said looking at her from his half moon spectacles. He had written a letter explaining everything and if Lily's sister was anything like her then she would take Harry in and treat him like her own. The Hogwarts Headmaster had no doubt that placing him with his aunt and uncle was the best decision for his safety.

"I see your reasoning, Albus, but what about Samantha? You don't suppose they'll take on two children let alone one?" McGonagall asked warily. They certainly didn't want to be a hindrance on the Muggles and give them more than they could handle.

"She won't be living here with them. I have other arrangements for her," Albus said in his usual mysterious tone that implied that a plan was already in motion.

McGonagall opened her mouth to ask where but she just shook her head and closed it. She trusted Professor Dumbledore and knew he had the older Potter's best interests in mind, just as Harry's. "So how are they getting here?" she asked.

"Hagrid is bringing them," Dumbledore stated smiling lightly.

McGonagall let out a breath but agreed with him. "Oh very well," she sighed and then jerked her head when she noticed a low rumbling noise.

A small light in the night sky grew as it got closer and closer.

A flying motorcycle reached the street and though it looked huge as it ride down the street, it wasn't as big as the person who was riding it.

Getting off of the motorcycle was a giant, literally. A ten foot tall man towered over the two wizards as he held a tiny bundle in his left hand and carried a little sleeping girl in his right.

"Got em' both out jus' in time Professors. The Muggles were startin' to crowd and get suspicious," the giant, named Rubeus Hagrid, said as he handed the girl to Professor McGonagall and the tiny bundle to Professor Dumbledore.

"I see. Thank you Hagrid. Was there any other trouble?" Dumbledore asked as he took out an envelope from his cloak pocket.

Hagrid shook his head. "None sir, though young Sirius Black was pretty adamant about wantin' to take the two but I couldn' under your orders so he said that he had other business to attend to and let me use his motorbike to get here," Hagrid finished explaining.

Dumbledore nodded and then he walked up the driveway of number 4 and to the front door step. He set down the little bundle and placed the envelope on top.

"Now that that's settled, I need to set off with Samantha," he said taking her from Minerva's arms. "I'll see you soon as well Hagrid. Thank you for bringing them to me," Dumbledore added facing Hagrid who was still upset about Harry and Samantha leaving.

"Of course Professor," Hagrid answered and swung his leg over the motorcycle and rode off into the night sky.

"Now, let's go," Dumbledore whispered as he emptied the balls of light out of his Deluminator and set off down the road after saying goodbye to Professor McGonagall who had Disapparated.

• • • • •

Aberforth Dumbledore heard the loud cry of the tea kettle and graced over to take the pot off of the burner.

He slowly poured the tea into his mug when a strange feeling came over him. The old man couldn't describe it. It felt like something mysterious or dangerous just happened.

He pondered over this feeling while scratching his chin which was hidden beneath a long silver beard. Aberforth was wearing long black robes with a deep purple cloak cascading behind him although not covering up his black boots.

He cleared his throat, took his mug, and walked back into his living room to read the Daily Prophet.

As his eyes glanced at the new headline, which was about a Muggle family being murdered by the Death Eaters, Aberforth heard a noise coming from outside. His thoughts of the poor Muggle family instantly left and went straight to possibilities of what that noise could be.

He reached into his robe pocket and clutched his wand with his right hand. He knew these were dark times and couldn't risk anything.

Aberforth slowly crept up to the door to his cottage and peaked through the tiny peephole. He was anticipating a dark figure with a frightening black cloak, but that was not the sight.

In front of the door was nothing. Not a thing besides his garden of daisies. Tear drop petals of sun-burnt orange fanned out better than a lion's mane. To the end of each petal the orange hue deepened to such an intensity that it became almost red. To the centre, where the true flowers lay, tiny and yellow in their perfect circle, was a bee. Every few seconds there would be a buzz from the wings that lay transparent over the body of black and yellow fuzz... He admired daisies and loved the smell of them right as you walk outside.

'Hmm,' he thought raising an eyebrow.

Instead of going back to the newspaper, he cautiously opened up the door. Aberforth peaked though the crack and laughed at the sight that was causing him a bit of grief.

Scratching the doormat and immediately looking up when the door opened was a simple cat. A medium sized brown striped cat to be exact.

"Oh Ari, I should have known it was you when you didn't come racing to the kitchen when the tea kettle went off," Aberforth chuckled.

The cat purred and trotted over to his boots, nestling against them.

"Now now, let's get you inside," he said and led the cat into the cottage.

Suddenly a loud bang came from outside and Aberforth jumped.

"What now?" he asked and hastily walked over to the window in the kitchen.

Off into the distance, bright lights appeared in the sky. A series of lights shot across the clear navy blue sky and exploded into balls of color. Fireworks cut through the black like they're super-imposed on the night, like the stars behind are only a backdrop brought in for the occasion. Every streak bares a curve of sorts, brilliant lines with a living feel, organic in the way they grow.

'What is going on?' Aberforth thought as Ari nestled against his leg.

"Probably Diggle and his obsessive Quidditch friends," he breathed and sat down on his couch.

Ari meowed and curled up into a ball on the couch across the room.

Aberforth yawned as he continued reading the Daily Prophet. He should be asleep, but with Kingsley Shacklebolt sending out a memo about a week ago that Death Eaters are on the move, he decided to stay awake for most of the past few nights.

Another bang went off and he knew for sure that he wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon.

As he got through about half of the Prophet, a soft light knock came from outside his door.

Aberforth sighed and got up once more wand in hand.

He peaked through the peephole and saw the last person he'd ever think would turn up at his doorstep.

He cracked open the door and faced the silver bearded man. What honestly shocked him the most was what he was carrying in his arms. A little girl no more than three was sleeping against his shoulder and he could barely see her small face beneath her hands that were being used as a pillow. Her curly brown hair was tied back in a loose pony tail and it was hanging just off of her tiny shoulder.

"Good evening Aberforth," the man addressed.

"Albus," Aberforth nodded.

"How are you?" Albus questioned walking in and leading the girl towards the living room.

"Sit here Samantha, you can play with Ari," he said softly and the girl nodded in agreement.

She hopped on the couch and Ari jerked awake.

She looked at Samantha for a few moments before trotting up to her and licking her cheek.

Samantha giggled and squirmed then lied down on the couch her head resting on the pillow.

Aberforth raised an eyebrow and looked shocked.

"What is it, Aberforth?" Albus asked looking at him.

Aberforth shook his head slightly before proceeding into the kitchen to get Albus a cup of tea.

"It's just that Ari isn't open to new people, she only tolerates me," he explained pouring the tea into the mug then handing it to Albus.

Albus nodded then smiled at Aberforth's generosity. He knew he was still upset for what happened all those years ago but he never thought that Aberforth would treat him like an old friend.

"So what brings you here, Albus?" Aberforth asked as they sat down in the foyer trying not to disturb Samantha who had fallen asleep on the couch next to Ari.

Albus sighed. "You have heard about the Dark Lord disappearing, I presume?" he asked.

Aberforth nodded slowly. He heard the news from Kingsley Shacklebolt earlier when he visited his pub 'The Hog's Head.' Aberforth didn't know what to think about it. He heard about little Harry Potter defeating him but he knew that something wasn't adding up.

"And you know how he has disappeared? The rumors about Lily and James' son Harry?" Albus asked.

Aberforth nodded again remembering what Kingsley had told him.

"Well Aberforth, they are true. Voldemort," Aberforth did not flinch, "has killed James and Lily and something about Harry stopped Voldemort and now he has vanished. Samantha was also in the room but was unharmed. I know what you're thinking. I know by the look upon your face. This is very unusual but I have a few theories as to how this has come to be," he explained taking a few sips of his tea.

Aberforth listed intently to what Albus was saying. "So where's Harry?" Aberforth asked noticing that the baby boy was not with him.

"He is going to stay with his Aunt and Uncle so he won't have to deal with the fame that he will get. Now Samantha, I would like her to grow up around magic. I want her to know the story once she is old enough, so I would like her to stay here," he explained.

Aberforth raised an eyebrow. "For a few days?" he questioned.

Albus shook his head. "No Aberforth, until she is ready to go off to Hogwarts," he clarified.

Aberforth froze for a moment. Take care of Samantha? He couldn't. He couldn't take care of a little girl. Not after what happened with his sister Ariana.

Ariana.

He thought about her. He then realized that taking care of Samantha could be sort of a way he could give back to Ariana.

"Please, Aberforth? I would greatly appreciate it and there's no one else I'd trust with this responsibility," Albus added trying to kill Aberforth with kindness.

Aberforth sighed at Albus' words. He knew he was killing him with kindness and it was working.

"Ok Albus, I'll do it," Aberforth answered smiling at Samantha and already thinking about how he was going to take care of her.

"Splendid. Minerva and I will come back around lunch to discuss further details," Albus said standing up and walking over to where Samantha lay asleep.

"You'll be fine Samantha. I trust Aberforth," he whispered patting her head.

She stirred and layed back down.

"I will also tell you about some theories I have about the circumstance," Albus added making his way to the door.

Aberforth nodded and watched Albus leave his house and then Disapparating.

Aberforth turned back around and smiled at Samantha and Ari sleeping on the couch. He thought about her future. Her and Harry's. Being famous for something they will probably not even remember. Even so, he knew that's how he should raise Samantha. To not care about the fame. To be strong and not let it get to her.

He smiled to himself and sat down on his chair falling into a peaceful sleep.

• • • • •

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Don't forget to vote and comment!

*Updates are every 5 days*

Also don't forget to check out my main story Siriusly Coled!

Thanks!

<3 Sam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.1K 51
❝I was just looking for an empty compartment and what do I do? I get pulled into the biggest shit show of my life.❞ ❝Sorry.❞ ❝It's okay, I...
12.8K 376 112
(FRED WEASLEY LOVE STORY) (Y/n) Black, a beautiful girl and has a lot of secrets from her past, will she be able to over come the challenges with bei...
310K 13K 39
Like always, please turn away from this if you haven't read the previous books! Since Harry and Anna had gone to Hogwarts, it's been crazy. From the...
81.9K 3K 33
"Nothing was ever given to me. I've had to fight my way to survive. I was thrown to the wolves, yet I came back leading the pack. I'm as smart as the...