The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)

By Jaee_101

Zaria is young girl with big dreams. Beginning her senior year in high school, she has to balance graduation... More

Cast Call.
My Typical Morning
The Day Goes On.
The Day Goes On Pt.2
"Relationship Status" P.1
Meet up.
Relationship Status Pt.2
Relationship Status Pt.3
FML
After The Fact .
After School Ends
Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)
Friends Pt. I
Friends (Part II)
New Beginning
Fired?
It's Over
It's Over (Part II)
The Name Game.
Run Away .
Run Away Pt.II
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A Small Piece Of Rebellion
Z's Rebellion
Fairy Godmother.
Suspicious Behavior
Making It Official Pt.1
Strike One
Suspicions
I Got Chu
Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)
Mall and Chill (Dewayne's Pov)
A New Outlook
Click Out
Caught
The Invite
Dinner?
Crunch Time
Busted
What Happens now?
Reconcile
The Dilemma.
First Day on the Job
Ugly Truths.
A/N (Not an Update)
Business And Such.
Date Night Pt.I
Startin Somethin' (Date Night Part II)
Before I Release This New Update..
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections (Part II)
Guess Who? (Pt I)
Guess Who (Part II)
Conclusion to the Beginning Pt.II
A Slight Shift
Trying Again
Trying Again Pt. II
Let's Go
Old Memories Equals New Ideas
The Start of Big Things
Start of Big Things Pt.2
Catch up
Catch Up Pt.2
Game Day
I'm Glad You Came
Whoa.
Calculations
Calculations Pt.2
NEW NEW (A/N)
Out My House!
I'm Right Here
The Day Off Pt. 1
Meanwhile...
A Simple Conversation
What Goes Around...On the Other Side
Pressed
So About Tonight...
The Preparation
Something About The Night (Pt.1)
A/N & Face Reveal
Something About The Night (Pt.2)
Back to the Norm

Conclusion to the Beginning.

43.4K 1.7K 407
By Jaee_101

*Tracey in the media and her outfit*

In the Cafeteria

Zaria's Pov

After I had my little heart to heart we made it to the lunch room. Instantly the atmosphere changed. Before we even sat down I wanted to hear a summary of how their dates went.

As we waiting in line I decided to ask them. "So how were y'all dates?"

Stacey coughed awkwardly and grabbed some fruit while Candy just blushed and looked at everything but me.

"I know y'all heard me, unless you want me to ask Tre and Dev what happened," I said smirking at them waiting expectantly , "Trust me I know they went well because y'all couldn't stop smiling and shit . Especially this morning in the hallway so, come on with it."

"Okay , okay fine. I'll go first." Candy said quickly, but as soon as she began telling me I saw a dreamy look cloud her eyes.

Oh you got it , you got it bad...*Usher Voice*

"Well I told him a long time ago my favorite place is Dave & Buster's" Candy said happily, with a glittering look in her eyes." And basically we went on a casual date. Crazy thing is it didn't even feel like a date, it was fun . I even got to whoop his ass in bowling upstairs after going around and playing games for forever! "

"Awwww." Me and Stacey said in unison.

"But he did in fact make sure he did small things to make sure I was comfortable, at least that was until we got on the subject of mee going on another date with him. I insisted that it wasn't a real date and he was like , girl quit playin know damn well this a date. But he was a gentleman for the night for the most part, and of course he said there will be another date soon. Not like he took anything I said trying to dispute that idea seriously." Candy said , resembling a boy-crazy school girl.

"Aww look at y'all so cute." I cooed.

"Girl if you don't get you sprung ass on. Fuck you talkin bout?..Ion wanna do a second date..head ass."Stace said mugging Candy."Lying ass . Know you over their in lovee."

I was gon laugh but I covered it up with a cough.

"Shut that shit up . Like you were not acting all hard when it came down to going out with Dev. A blind person could see he trying to get at you. Hell you know he tryna get at you, yet you wanted to act uninterested." Candy said clapping back at Stace's previous comment.

"Mhmm so tell me about your little outing with Devon." I said cheesing at Stacey with a hint of amusement in my tone.

She cleared her throat awkwardly and I could of sworn I saw her blush slightly . Aww that's cute.

"Well not much to say we went to Jade's downtown. It was amazing because it isn't everyday I get to go there , and afterwards he went took to me to dinner afterwards. It was really nice." She said smiling extra hard.

"Why y'all skipping out on details, that is not fair bro." I said annoyed. I fake mugged them. "Bet I guess it isn't meant to be spoken of.

"Aww hun don't be like that, the only real reason that I didn't give you all the details because one there isn't enough time to tell you before we get to the table and two , it's just details." Candy said casting a look a Tre who was staring at her with absolutely no shame.

We moved up in line and paid for our stuff. As I walked off and finally looked up I was captivated by the alluring , yet intense gaze Dewayne was giving me . I felt my face flush remembering what happened earlier. It was so weird to have him that close to me . It made my stomach erupt with butterflies. But I told myself that I would try not to get too close to him and not let my feelings get involved simply because I'm not setting myself up for failure. Also since that comment he said in History saying he was going to get me back stuff, I've found myself even more nervous than usual around him. I wonder what he meant, and also knew I would have to keep my guard up.

I was so nervous I almost didn't want to sit at their table but I knew I had no choice. But I don't think it's...safe to sit by Dewayne. "Aye guys." I said lowly as we approached the table .

"Yes?" Stace said focusing on me.

"Imma sit with you."I said quietly.

"What you mean? We sitting at the same table , we always do." Candy said confused

"Nah like I legit mean imma sit-

"Right here with me." I heard a deep voice cut in swiftly. I felt goosebumps rise on my skin as I felt Dewayne's warm hands grip my arm. As soon I reached the table I was pulled right next to a smirking Dewayne whose eyes dared me to attempt to move.

I was sitting there feeling a type of way, I looked up to see Candy and Stace looking at me and Dewayne looking at with a brow raised.

It was then and only then when I realized how close I was to him . Literally if I was any closer he might as well pulled me into his lap. I could feel his body heat radiating off him as he gazed down at me making me feel so much smaller than him.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, breaking our intense staring fest and gazed back away from him and towards the other people at the table.

Dev broke the silence ." Wassup Z?" He said amused looking between me and Dewayne.

"Hi Dev." I said politely, hoping my voice didn't come out squeaky, or crack.

"Oh so we just gon forget the lightskin nigga." Tre said defensively, fake pouting.

I giggled and responded. "Aww don't be like that Tre. Oh course I didn't forget about you. Heeey there."

He just gave a big ole smile and then decided to go back to talking to Candy.

I focused on eating my food knowing damn well , I most likely was going to have to face Dewayne.

"You know Z, attempting to ignore me isn't going to help anything at all." He teased , making me look up.

I tried to look as neutral as possible, and hoped he couldn't tell my heart was hammering in my chest.

"I'm not ignoring you." I said simply, not trusting my pitch, especially since I kept taking secret glances at his biceps flexing ever so slightly underneath the long sleeved sweater he was sporting at the moment.

He chuckled, and I swear I had to squeeze my thighs together. "So your aren't ignoring me?" he said putting a thumb underneath my chin to make me look at him.

I shivered , feeling like I was going to melt into a little puddle. "Nope." I said quietly.

He moved his hand after a while and I quickly looked away munching on some m&ms.

"If you weren't ignoring me we would be talking and you wouldn't be tryna look at everything but me. By the way you aren't that good at lying." He said after a while.

I just kept eating my snack and then I felt my backpack being moved, I knew it was him.

"Hey !" I said attempting to snatch it when he moved it quickly to the other side of him.

"Oh look you almost had it." He smirked down at me .I tried to get it again when he decided to move it quicker this time.

He shook his head chuckling "You gotta be quicker than that."

I let out a huff of air in frustration. "That isn't fair."

Quickly I pinched him and grabbed the bag putting back on the other side of me.

He looked at me and raised a brow. Then I saw his demeanor shift. His eyes darkened and he smirked.

Feeling like it was now time to get the hell away I smoothly yet surely moved away from him.I didn't get far though because I got slid right back towards him.

As I was chewing on my last few handfuls of M&MS I felt a hand graze my thigh gently. I was so unprepared for that sudden movement I almost choked on my M&MS. And all of a sudden I felt I stinging sensation in the middle of my thigh. This nigga pinched me.

I was debating whether or not to get him back when all of a sudden he spoke in a low , seemily huskier voice."Z , don't start a war you can't finish." He warned.

I had to collect myself for a moment. He sounded ........lawd. Okay Okay back to the real world. I just drunk some water and nibbled on my lunch.

Not that much long after I did so all of us started talking about random shit as normal . We all blended together laughing most of the time, but having just good conversations about school and life.

But I couldn't help but look at Dewayne. I would sneak glances here and there careful not to get caught, knowing I would just wanted to go home and cry if he caught me.

He looked at me and opened his mouth to speak , when all of a sudden I heard a annoying voice cut him off.

"Dewayne, baby can I please talk to you?" Tracey said pleading with glossy eyes.

I felt Dewayne go rigid next to me . Oh shit. And when I looked up I saw his jaw clenched I knew this wasn't going to go well.

"What the fuck you want Tracey?" he said with pure venom linking though his attempted controlled tone.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Oooooooooooo. No Tracey didn't.

I just wanted to say I'm sooo sorry for the delay and I promise it wasn't purposely. I was sick and plus I had finals all last week. :( But I'm back writing and I hope y'all forgive me. Let me know what you thought about this chappie and be sure to vote, comment, and share.

I love you guys so much and I'm sorry for the wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257 14 9
Senior Year is the hardest. Yet, when that time comes around, everyone is beyond excited to leave behind their life of drama! But no one is more thri...
135 0 12
Zariah has tried something new. She tried something domestic. Now she is in a good place. Happy with herself. Happy with her family. And very happy w...
52.9K 923 43
19 year old Zaijah missed love and affection as a child, what happens when she seeks it from a hood gangsta? Will she stay with trouble? The story wi...
48.5K 1.1K 42
𝒲𝑒'𝓋𝑒 π’Άπ“π“Œπ’Άπ“Žπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 π“ˆπ‘œ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή 𝒢𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔. β™‘β™‘ 𝐍𝐒𝐜𝐑𝐨π₯𝐚𝐬 π†π«πšπ²π¬π¨π§ grew up with the finest things money coul...