A Handsome Tale (Handsome Jac...

By niconice123

Rhys was curious, why did a small, Hyperion girl like me care about owing Jack a debt? Why did she want to he... More

We Meet
Arguing
Real Talk
Hospitable
Crashing on Elpis
Jacks Sweet
Uncomfortable
A/N
Ten
Youre Perfect
Another Stupid Note From Your Shit-iot Author - Jack
Handsome so Handsome
Athena
Saving Ten
Tied Wrists
Shoutout!
P.S.
Ambers Crew
Echo Eye
Howdy!
Readers!!!!
The Training Room
Her Death
Lost Friends
XXXMAS
We'll Make it Out Alive
Quinns Bandit Camp
Unrelated/sort of related
His Master Plan
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Frozen Jack
Keep me Happy
Touch
President Rhys
Escape
See ya Later, Kiddo
The Rebuild
Anything for Gortys
Destroying The Traveler
Treasure
A/N to other A/N about an A/N A/N

Placebos

1.4K 60 1
By niconice123

I woke up, still curled in the fetal position with my arms tied behind my back.

"What the..." I sigh, then realizing I was roped.

"Morning, cupcake. How's the wrists?" Jack asks, coming up to me and removing the ropes.

"The more you loosen the ropes, the more prone I am to strangle you until your eyeballs pop out of your sockets."

"You know how to dirty talk, don't you?" Jack winks as I feel my hands break free.

Jacks shoving more pills into my mouth and this time I bite him, so much force into his skin that I can taste his blood. Even his blood was delectable.

"She really had a thing for me, didn't she?" Jack sighs dreamily.

"Would you shut up!" Rhys shouts.

"Rhys?" I ask chuckling.

"Awww, is someone jealous?" Fiona quizzes, making me blush.

"I... We.. He..." I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I am NOT jealous I just... I need some... Air." Rhys tries to get up yet again but is being pulled back, his arm latching onto his seat.

"Let go!" He yells, smacking his robotic arm.

I walk up to him and pry his fingers off of the leather, smiling at him as I hold his hand in mine.

"You okay?" I question, curling my lip.

Rhys gives me a warm smile back and it made me feel familiar butterflies.

"Thank you." He says quietly and gently rubs the top of my hand with his cool metal fingers.

Suddenly, his robotic arm slaps himself in the face.

"What the-" I jump slightly at the sound and Rhys' hand grabs right back onto his seat.

"Don't look at her like that."

"Clingy much?"

"WHO are you talking to?!" I shout, my hand on my hip.

"Oh.. Just... Myself."

I raise a brow at him and shake my head.

"If you could all just shut UP! We have about 20 minutes until we get to that deserted place so please, let her continue!" Sasha barks from the drivers seat.

"Someone's a little eager." I chuckle.

"She's getting to the reeeeeally good part."

"Do you... Miss her?" Rhys mumbles.

"Sometimes. A lot of times. Doesn't change the fact that this hooker betrayed me."

"Hooker?" Rhys asks. What the hell is he talking about?

"I'm just... God are you really that dumb?! I'm just being insulting!"

"Alrighty. Well..."

"Why. You little bi-" Jack stops himself, quite literally, probably, biting his tongue, and then he pops his lips.

"I'm not stooping to your stupid little level today, kiddo. No. No. I've got big plans for today!"

"You mean another plan that will miserably fail?" I ask with a smirk.

"No. Lilith thinks she's found a vault. That little idiot. I'm going to be spending almost all day shooting moon shots!"

"What did they do to you, Jack? Why are you trying to kill them?" I ask, Jack coming up to me with a band aid.

I carefully wrap it around his finger for him and he shrugs.

"Well, everyone who betrayed me, I want to kill because you don't betray a hero. You help the hero! You help them change lives! For the better, I swear. Lilith is... Personal." Jack sighs.

"Personal?" I ask, like no shit it's personal, you've made that clear. But why?

"Are we done here, kiddo?"

"What did she do to you?" I ask again.

Jack then takes my hand, placing my finger tips to his lips, when I watch as the mask unclasps.

"What are yo-"

"Hush, kitten." Jack whispers.

He closes my fingers to grab his mask and in the palm of my hand, I'm wielding it, I'm wielding his everything.

"Set it on your lap." He demands softly.

When I look back up, at first it's truly shocking. I wasn't afraid though, or grossed out. I finally understood part of him, and to me that was beautiful. He was opening up.

He takes my hand back and holds my fingers onto his scar.

"That doesn't hurt?"

"Nah. Not really. Well, unless you claw into it or something. DONT do that, by the way, ever, that's immediate death. In fact, showing you is kind of asking to get murdered but hey, I like- you're a good kid."

I trace along the crevices of his scar, it was in an odd shape.

"What is it?"

"A vault. I really can't explain it. Mask." He says, and I quickly pick it up and place it against him, my hand still gently touching his mouth.

"That's why it's personal."

"She? Did THAT?" I ask in disbelief.

"She could've killed you..." I whisper.

I suddenly felt sad. Of course she could've, she tried, many times before and she's trying to again.

In a weird urge, I wrap my arms around his neck quickly and embrace him as if it were over life and death.

"Oh god..." Jack grunts.

"Why? WHY are you hugging me?!"

"I can't stand the thought of you dead." I whisper, letting go and realizing what I had just said.

We both push each other away slightly, my eyes wide and Jacks lips playing a smile.

"You like me." Jack says with his smile growing.

"I-I..."

"I- I- I! Hahahaha! You LIKE ME!" Jack stands up and laughs, hunched over with his hands on his knees. He was so hysterical, wiping tears away as he gawked.

"What's so funny?!" I ask, standing up and putting my hands on my hips.

His face goes from happiness to seriousness, all in a matter of seconds.

Jack grabs my wrists and doesn't let my hands move from my hips, backing me into the wall.

"It's just funny." He whispers before letting go. As if he were truly contemplating exactly what to do with me.

"I'm glad! It'll make keeping you around a hell of a lot easier! But sweetheart, the feeling is...  Later!" He shouts, leaving me with a shit ton of... Mixed feelings.

His computer begins glitching on again.

"He's gone? Good. Good." Angel.

"You are going to be the death of me." I say to her, rolling my eyes.

"If Jack knows you're talking to me..."

"Look, Nisha wants you dead, and everyone else wants Jack dead. He's making me help him with some plan to destroy Pandora and build from the ground up. Your chances of survival regardless are slim. Nisha is sending her goons to Helios to find you and- just... Why are you still here?!"

"I can't leave Jack."

"You're free! You're not tied up like me, you can leave whenever you pl-"

"Let me rephrase that then, I won't leave Jack. He needs me. And if anyone is going to try and kill him then they'll have to go through me."

"You? Some measly, tiny, human?"

I smirk at Angel, picking up one of the iron chairs Jack had across his desk for personal meetings.

I go back over to the screen and begin to bend it in front of her, turning it into an iron ball.

"How do you even-"

"Holy shit that worked. His pills aren't working." I mumble.

"What?" Angel asks.

"His pills aren't working on me someone switched them with placebos." I whispered.

"I gotta go."

"Wait! No, I-" I shut off the computer and go to the cabinet where Jack was hiding my meds.

I pop off the lock effortlessly and dig around for the pills... All I found were smarties. He was never drugging me, he was fucking with me.

He knew I would stay...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 382 18
My name is Rue. Ex-Hyperion. I've been hiding out on Pandora for a while now since Jack... since Jack met his end. So you think that it wouldn't be d...
22.9K 798 27
Rhys has created an A.I. named Chase. She has a personality like a normal human being and has a human body. She can also turn into a hologram at will...
35.9K 1.3K 16
She heard about him all over Pandora. Most call him a "hero", others could say he's a "psychotic dictator". It all depended whether they met or know...
8K 289 10
"You were dead, Jack! What was I supposed to do?"