History equals dates

By MrsLeoMessi

"I'm an adult and I should act like one," he admitted. "I was so angry when I heard you talk to your friend i... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Fifteen

4.2K 129 21
By MrsLeoMessi

Yay, I've finally published this chapter. I know the story line by heart, I swear, but it's getting so hard not to spoil things up for you earlier than I should! Do you have any suggestions I could consider for this story? No, I'm not killing Drew, ok? Please vote for this chapter if you like it and comment your feedback. Thank you <3

"So, last night I was having some drinks with the girls," started Emma as she giggled through Sadie's webcam. "And we could see these two guys dressed in black staring at us from outside the place - well, we couldn't really see them because they were wearing sunglasses which is weird because people don't wear sunglasses in the dark." 

Emma waited for Sadie to comment and, when she saw that there was no response, she took this as an invitation to carry on with her story. "It was strange though - almost creepy." As soon as she realised that Sadie was not listening, she raised her voice and inquired, "Sadie, are you even listening to me?"

Sadie looked up at the laptop screen. She had been fidgeting with her fingers from underneath her laptop. In fact, Sadie had been listening to what Emma was talking about, however she did not think it to be of great importance. What was so scary about two guys wearing black outfits and staring at them? Well, after picturing it in her head, she did feel a bit uneasy. It could have been a prank.

"Sorry," she sighed. "It's just - it's been a tough weekend, Emma, that's all.

Emma smiled and asked whether their father had been giving her a hard time.

"Oh, no Dad's great," replied Sadie, looking away from the camera. "I'm having boy trouble."

Sadie could see Emma's broad grin on the chatting window, making her blush and regret she had ever mentioned the word 'boy'; Emma was interested in anything that consisted the word boy. "Oh my giddy gosh," grinned Emma, perhaps showing a little too much enthusiasm. Sadie moved uncomfortably on her fuzzy carpet. Lying on her carpets always made her cheer up. "Is it the teacher?" Emma blurted out, after which she covered her mouth as Sadie raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I didn't mean - "

"I wish," smiled Sadie, doing her best to hide her sadness. "It's Drew," she confessed.

"Drew?" repeated Emma all astonishment. "Hold on, what do you mean you wish?"

Sadie shrugged, "He kissed me and I had to give him a chance."

Emma was confused and she had to make sure that she was understanding well, so she asked, scratching her forehead, "Who? The teacher?"

"No! - yes - but no," she replied. However, she regretted everything she said immediately. Someone else could have been listening for all she knew.

"Oh my gosh," exclaimed Emma, covering her mouth. She could not believe her own ears. "Has your teacher kissed you?"

Sadie looked away and lowered her voice, "It will never work out with him."

"Wait," interrupted Emma. "Are we talking about Drew or the teacher here?"

"Both," sighed Sadie. 

"I can't believe you kissed your teacher," wondered Emma out loud. "I mean, he probably stuck his tongue in your mouth and now you're in the same class with him without the other student's knowing your dirty little secret."

Sadie wanted to slap her sister through her laptop screen but rolled her eyes instead. "It wasn't so intense, Emma. At the moment I am more worried about being in a relationship with Drew."

Emma raised her eyebrow once again, "Wait, you're in a relationship with Drew?" Then she grinned and joked, "What a sl*ut!"

"Yeah," sighed Sadie, obviously not referring to the sl*ut part. "Stop fooling around and focus. I felt sorry for Drew. He said he loved me and I couldn't break his heart."

Emma looked thoughtful for a minute and said, "Oh, the l word - I hate it."

"Yep," replied Sadie, popping the p. She looked around her bedroom and realised that it was getting dark and she needed to put some lights on. Sighing, she reached for her lampshade and switched it on, lighting up her room. Oh, how she wished she had not felt sorry for Drew. And, being Monday night, she was not looking forward to the next morning at all. But she was glad that Mr Cooper had missed their lesson that day.

Emma interrupted her complicated thoughts by saying, "Sadie, darling," she sighed. "You can't be with someone you're not attracted to." Sadie smiled sadly. "I mean, you don't have to think your date is the hottest guy around because that's probably impossible," Emma rested her chin on the palm of her hand and smiled tenderly, "But you have to at least think he's good looking or, at least, be drawn to the guy. What happens when he wants to move forward with the intimacy of your relationship?"

Sadie's eyes shot up towards the laptop screen and she almost fell out of her bed. "Emma, I'm never gonna sleep with Drew - uh uh, no way," she warned her through clenched teeth, as she raised her index finger.

"Then explain that to him - nicely, of course."

Sadie gulped as tears filled her eyes. "He's my best friend, Emma, my only friend," she wiped the tears which filled her cheeks. "I don't want to hurt him and end up losing him."

Emma smiled, wishing she could hold her younger sister the way she used to as a toddler. "Then give it a chance, Sadie, don't let your feelings for a teacher get in the way of what might turn into an amazing relationship."

"You're right," smiled Sadie, swallowing her tears. "It's not fair for him or myself." Sadie shook her head and giggled, saying, "Emma, we've been talking about me all evening: tell me about you and Mike. How is it going with him?"

***

When Sadie woke up for school the next morning, she could feel a headache coming. Hesitantly, she put on a clean pair of classic blue jeans and a woolen teal sweater after which she tried to do something with her hair. When she looked at the mirror in her ensuite bathroom, Sadie noticed how pale her face looked. She sighed and applied some anti-frizz cream to her curly hair as she recalled her video call with Emma the previous night.

She wondered who the guys in black were. It must be a prank, she thought. Or maybe some journalists who wanted pictures of the Mayor of Yorkwood's daughter having a drink with her girlfriends. Sadie also thought what Emma had said about her being with Drew. Was it a good idea giving him a chance? Maybe I should talk to him about my doubts about our future, she sighed.

As soon as she reached the dining room, she could hear a familiar voice talking to her father. Sadie rolled her eyes, realising that it was Drew. Why can't he give me some space?  she sighed as she walked into the kitchen to grab her breakfast.

"Hey sweetheart," greeted her Drew. As he kissed her cheek, Sadie noticed that he had been conversing with her father and the cook.

Sadie blushed, as Mr Wilson raised an eyebrow at her. She had not mentioned anything about getting with Drew and was certainly not planning to anytime soon. As she walked to the dining room, Sadie thought about how angry at Drew she was. He had no right to show her family that there was something between the two of them - she had not given him that permission. And why was he at her house, anyway?

"Hurry up, Sadie, I have to drive you to school earlier this morning because I have a meeting," said Mr Wilson, who followed her into the dining room and leaned against the arch which led to the living room.

Sadie munched on some milky cereal as Drew and Mr Wilson watched her from a distance. Feeling uncomfortable, she stood up, leaving half of her breakfast untouched.

Drew and Sadie entered the canteen holding hands. It seemed as if Drew wanted to show the whole world that he was dating Sadie Wilson. Random students eyed them and squinted their eyes at their direction. "Someone has a bed buddy," laughed one of the girls who always bullied Sadie. "She's used to it," she continued saying to her friends who sat down with her at the table.

Sadie looked away, hurt, while Drew did not utter a word. To show her anger towards him, Sadie dropped his hand and walked forward, ordering her coffee. Drew sighed and remained quiet. Sipping her black coffee, Sadie searched the canteen for Mr Cooper. She needed to see him. Drew was sitting opposite to her, still without his coffee since Sadie was too angry to get one for him. As he fidgeted with his scarf, he noticed Sadie's distraction. Resting his hand on hers on the table to get her attention, he smiled and said, "What are you thinking?"

Sadie raised an eyebrow but decided to lie. Mr Cooper had to be left out of their conversations at all costs. Focusing on Drew's hand which held hers, she asserted, "You had no right to kiss me in front of my father - didn't we agree on taking things easy?"

Drew stared at her in disbelief and gripped her hand stronger, "I kissed your cheek, Sadie, there's nothing wrong with that."

Sadie sighed. She had already lost a battle before it had even began. She was upset with him because he had kissed her that night. She was angry at him for loving her. But, most of all, she was angry because her feelings for Mr Cooper were so strong. But that was not his fault.

"Alright," sighed Drew. "I'm sorry about that. It's just that -" But he decided to stop making things worse. "I'll get myself some coffee. Wait for me here, will you?"

Sadie smiled. As she saw him leave the table and walk away towards the counter, she drummed her cold fingers on the table and waited patiently.

Suddenly, a voice which was so familiar to her ears bundled up her nerves, "Good morning, Miss Wilson." Although she knew who to expect, Sadie slowly raised her head to see Mr Cooper right before her eyes. She could not help but smile. Looking at his eyes, she realised they were sparkling and he exhibited a handsome smirk.

"Hi," she replied. Sadie swallowed her nerves and continued, "Um, we missed your lesson yesterday, Mr Cooper. I hope you're alright."

Mr Cooper's eyes were focused on Sadie, and her only. He did not realise that Drew was walking back towards them with his cup of coffee. "I'm better now," Mr Cooper smiled.

Sadie's smile faded as soon as she saw Drew. "Um, I should go get my books ready."

Mr Cooper studied her concerned face, and soon realised that Drew was standing right behind him. "Morning," he muttered to Drew as he turned round and left the canteen.

Sadie crossed her arms and looked away as Drew smirked, "I can't believe I scared that jerk away. What did he want, anyway?"

"Nothing," she muttered, rolling her eyes.

For the first time in her life, Sadie was not looking forward to her History lesson with Mr Cooper. She could sense that Drew would be a jerk. The whole time she kept thinking why Mr Cooper was so scared of Drew. What had happened when she had skipped school?

Sadie entered the classroom all thoughtful and concerned. Not realising that Mr Cooper was already in the classroom, she found a vacant desk and took it while Mr Cooper's eyes followed her every move as he prepared his books.

Soon after, Drew entered the classroom and sat down next to Sadie. At that moment, Sadie noticed Mr Cooper only a few meters away from her. Their eyes locked for a few moments, but Sadie looked away at Drew fearing her eyes would start tearing up. Trying to make the teacher jealous, Drew attempted to kiss Sadie's lips, but failed as she turned away her face so his lips ended up pecking her cheek.

Mr Cooper was overwhelmed. He had almost witnessed Sadie being kissed by Drew. But she had looked away. He tried to catch a glimpse of her eyes to study her feelings.

If only he knew how much I want to be with him, thought Sadie as a tear escaped her eyes.

If only she would be mine, sighed Mr Cooper.

Suddenly, Mr Cooper spoke out to Drew, "Uh, Drew you're gonna have to stay at the back of the class. Romance is not tolerated in my class. Sorry, but you and Sadie will have to separate."

A couple of other students laughed while others did not care about what was going on in the class. Some could feel the tension between Drew and the teacher. Drew, on the other hand, understood Mr Cooper's statement well.

Of course he knew what his teacher had meant. Mr Cooper was not talking about the classroom seating. Instead of losing time arguing with him, Drew gathered his things and walked towards Mr Cooper. Everyone was mesmerised by this scene. That was why high school was so amazing - such a thing would not happen in college and the rest of the students decided to enjoy this. Sadie, however, was scared to death. She dared not utter a word, fearing her secret would be spilled and her father's reputation would be ruined.

Mr Cooper gulped and avoided looking at Drew's sarcastic smile. His chest ached and he wished that he had never moved to Yorkwood.

"See you after class," Drew stated to Mr Cooper, fearlessly.

Mr Cooper was speechless.

Drew smirked and left the classroom instantly.

Sadie feared her abnormal amount of heart beats could be heard by the rest of the class. She was scared. Scared for Mr Cooper; scared for her father; and scared for herself. Mr Cooper glanced at Sadie and their eyes met. I'm sorry, she mouthed to him.

I love you, he wanted to reply. But he could never do that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...