Dark Rider Atem

By scrletfyre

Yugi Moto was your average teenager until he witnessed a horrific event that is going to forever change his l... More

1- the spirit of vengeance rides again
2- be afraid of the dark
3- enter the Caretaker
4- battle at Valentine enterprises
5- a friend's death
6- on a journey in Egypt
8- Atem's awakening
9- discovering new allies
10- playing with fire
11- revelations
12- encounter with a vampire hunter
13- blood bath
14- elder meeting
15- the mutant Wolverine
16- snowblinded
17- battle of ice and snow
18- Yugi's death?
19- an old friend
20- Seto's promise
21- the opposing soul
22- the truth of the past
23- time together
24- old enemies
25- Atemu's darkness
26- Zanathos strikes
27- good vs evil
28- the prophecy completed
29- the final journey

7- truth be told

381 16 1
By scrletfyre

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think. Thanks!

7- truth be told

Doctor Strange drove Atem's hellcycle hard and fast through the pyramid putting as much distance he could between himself and the chasing demon horde. Suddenly a secret passage opened up before the sorcerer as he turned hard holding tightly onto the unconscious teen that laid in front of him. Doctor Strange drove into the passage as it closed behind him protecting its two occupants. Finally the hellcycle came to a stop transforming into an ordinary looking motorcycle. The sorcerer breathed a sigh of relief as he got a better look at the teen in front of him. The teen had spiked up tri-color with golden bangs, black back drop, and crimson trim. The teen looked no older than eighteen years old. In all of the years that he has been a sorcerer, Doctor Strange has heard stories about the spirit of vengeance but he never thought that he would actually meet one. Doctor Strange wanted to learn more about the teen and how he came into contact with the spirit of vengeance.

When Yugi awoke he felt so sore as his entire body felt like it had been hit by an eighteen wheeler semi truck at high speed. His head throbbed as it felt like a jackhammer was dancing across his brain. He noticed that he was in a well lit chamber. Yugi wanted to move despite his bodies protests.

"So you finally woke up. How are you feeling?" asked Doctor Strange.

"You honestly don't want to know." Yugi replied as he managed to get a better look at his surroundings. "Where on Earth are we?" Yugi asked.

"I am not certain. It seems like this secret chamber hasn't been discovered yet. So we should be safe here. I guess that I haven't fully introduced myself yet. My name is Merik Ishtar but most people know me as Doctor Strange." the sorcerer stated.

"Nice to meet you Merik, I am Yugi Moto. You have all ready meet the spirit of vengeance Atem." replied Yugi as he finally managed to sit up.

"Yugi may I ask how is it that you manage to come into contact with the spirit of vengeance?" Merik asked.

*Go ahead and tell him Yugi. Find out what you can learn about our mysterious new friend. I have a feeling that we are going to need each other's help.* Atem whispered mentally. Yugi told Merik the whole story from start to finish.

"We came to Egypt in order for me to find the answers that I needed to discover about Atem. So what's your story Merik?" Yugi asked as he realized that the young Egyptian was probably a little bit older or about the same age as him. Merik told his story to the teen telling Yugi that he was a brilliant young child progeny who became a doctor, that is where he earned his nickname which he now uses as a codename of Doctor Strange. While driving home late from a stressful day at work, Merik was in a terrible car accident where he lost the use of his hands. Merik had learned of a man whom could heal his hands as he went to find this man. When he found this person told Merik was destined to become the sorcerer supreme. After several months of intense training, Merik was handed the title that used to belong to the man he had found of the sorcerer supreme.

"I was summoned to Egypt to examine this pyramid. I know that somewhere within this crypt lies a necromancer. They are the one whom are summoning the demonic mummies. I can also sense strong dark magic here as well. It is strange though it feels familiar to the magic that Atem used." replied Merik. Yugi did admit that it did sound strange as it felt like his strength and power were returning back to him. Yugi slowly made it to his feet taking a look around.

*This place feels strangely familiar to me.* Yugi thought to himself as he walked over to the closest wall to read the hieroglyphics that were on the wall.

"Do you need me to translate those for you Yugi?" asked Merik.

"There is no need, I had learned to read, write, and speak Egyptian when I was a child. My grandfather is an archaeologist taught me how to read hieroglyphics." replied Yugi. The hieroglyphics told of a young pharaoh whom was named Atemu whom was unlike any pharaoh before him as he managed to seal away a dark forbidden power within himself before he passed away. It also said that this pharaoh had a unique power but it didn't say what kind of power he possessed.

"We should get going Yugi. I have to stop that necromancer before he causes any real damage. I have a feeling that I may need Atem's help." stated Merik. Both Merik and Yugi mounted the mystical motorcycle as the two drove deeper into the pyramid.

As they drove through the pyramid, Merik felt that it was strange that none of the traps sprung as they haven't encountered any more of those demonic mummies. It also felt strange that Yugi seemed to know where he was going. Yugi began to notice that the gas cap on the motorcycle was glowing once again.

"Hold on tight Merik!" Yugi yelled out before he slammed his hand down onto the cap. Both the bike and rider were surrounded by mystical flames as they began to transform into Atem and his hellcycle. The mystical flames never touched or harmed Merik in any was as the bike revved harder and faster than before once the flames had dispersed. Atem drove his hellcycle down the corridors as it seemed that the spirit of vengeance knew where he was going. Merik knew that innocent blood must have been spilled as it was the duty of the spirit of vengeance to avenge the innocent. Atem drove his motorcycle up to what looked like a burial chambers. A huge statue stood before the chamber doors as the statue bore a remarkable appearance to both Yugi and Atem combined. Atem and Merik dismounted the hellcycle as the sorcerer stared at the statue wide eyed.

"Atem is it possible?" the sorcerer asked pointing to the statue. The spirit of vengeance didn't answer him as he opened the chamber doors.

The doors opened wide as in the center of the chambers stood a human dressed almost in vampiric clothing as he stood inside of a summoning spell circle. He slightly turned his head smiling at the two whom entered the chamber. A loud low snarl escaped from Atem's lips as his fangs lengthened and his eyes began to glow. Evil laughter erupted from the man as it seemed that both the rider and the necromancer recognize each other.

"Well this is definitely an unwelcomed sight to see you here once again. How long has it been Lord Atemu?" asked the man.

"Centurious, how dare you break into my resting place! What on Earth are you up to Centurious?" Atem snarled.

"You should know full well pharaoh. It seems that you have also brought the sorcerer supreme with you. Now I can get two birds with one stone." replied Centurious. It seemed by now Merik recongized what Centurious was up to.

"Are you crazy? You are tempering with forces that shouldn't be tempered with." replied Doctor Strange as Centurious just laughed.

"No I am not crazy my dear doctor, I only believe that I am taking what should be rightfully mine in the first place. Ask Atemu, he knows more about this than anyone." replied Centurious.

*Atem what is he talking about?* Yugi asked mentally. The rider never answered the teens question as Atem lept for Centurious just as the summoning spell circle began to glow. Whatever was happening was affecting the spirit of vengeance as the rider collapsed just short of the summoning spell circle. Atem let out ghostly howls of screams in pain as dark power erupted from his body

"NO...STOP CENTURIOUS..." Atem howled thrashing on the ground. Doctor Strange was feeling the same affects as Atem but not as badly as his own power threated to release as the sorcerer managed to keep it somewhat supressed.

Within the back of Yugi's mind, inside of the void that he and Atem shared depending on whom had control over the body. Atem was in the void along with Yugi.

"Atem what on Earth is happening?" Yugi asked.

"Something that I tired to prevent many years ago. Remember the statue, the name Centurious called me, and what you have read?" Atem asked as Yugi nodded his head yes. "Atemu is my true name. I was once a pharaoh whom ruled over all of Egypt. I was unlike most humans alive, I was cursed with abnormal vampirism since I was born and a strange power dealing with dark magic. To satisfy my blood hunger I would often feed on the evil and wicked. Because of my reputation, I would be often asked to ease some innocent people of their suffering. I only did this when they asked me too. It was around this time that a man named Centurious started trying to invoke the dark magics, claiming that he was the rightful pharaoh not me. I put a stop to his evil ambitions sealing the dark power with me before my death. When I died an angel named Uriel came to me making me a deal. If I would consider continue using my powers to help those as I did when I was alive...then he would allow me to become the spirit of vengeance seeing how I had never willing harmed an innocent life when I was alive. In order for me to become whole separate my spirit from my body as my body would be reincarnated later on in life when a new powerful threat arises. You, Yugi Moto are that body. It would explain why you have been feeling a strong connection between us." Atem replied as Yugi stared at him almost wide eyed. "Now Centurious is trying to start what he had begun all of those years ago. As a result he is trying to get me to take on my true form which has changed greatly since I had become the spirit of vengeance. I need your help Yugi. With your innocence and light, I shall fully awaken. Our bodies shall become whole as it was meant to be but our consciousnesses shall remain separate. This is only a small step to what is bound to happen to us eventually. The descision is up to you Yugi." Atem stated. Yugi looked at the spirit of vengeance knowing that Atem was speaking the truth as finally everything had become crystal clear to him.

"All right then let's do this Atem. If this is truly what I am destined to do then, I have to do what is right in my heart." Yugi replied as Atem smiled weakly.

"Thank you Yugi!" he replied merging his body with the young teen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1K 20
Danny Fenton is a full time student and part time ghost hunter/superhero whim is about to meet a new student named Yugi Moto. Danny can sense that th...
70.3K 945 49
Charlie Johnson: Hell's already walking the Earth... but not if I can bring it back! Two demons were summoned to Earth for nefarious reasons. As a ne...
13.7K 397 37
(Y/N): "Vengeance." A young man name (Y/N) who lost his parent that he make the deal with the devil and turn out it was trick to turn him into a powe...
500 9 4
Kamen Rider Isan. The singularity point where kamen riders, along with their power and a bit of their personality, flows through a singular entity th...