Why Me?(Third book of Call me...

By percabethforever0414

After everything, things looked liked they were destinied to go right. Unfortuantely, they went left. Annab... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Happy B-Day Percy
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
.... The Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Holiday Special
Epilogue
Wow.

Chapter 85

405 20 18
By percabethforever0414

Percy's POV

I stared at Annabeth's hand.

It was frustrating, having her in front of me, unmoving and asleep. I wish I could shake her awake. She was beautiful, with her blonde curls spread around her face.

"Percy."

I held Annabeth's hand close to my face.
"Yes?"

"... Go and rest. I'll watch over her."

I didn't know how to react. I was shocked by what he had said to Apollo.

Then it meant...

But I still was angry at him.

Honestly, I just wanted to lie down and sleep for forever, but I wanted to stay next to Annabeth. If I slept alone, I felt like I would freeze to death. I wished my heart would heat me up from inside. I wished I could still feel that hot passion- the passion to love, live, and enjoy life.

The passion that had lighted my way ad a hero.

What was I now, without the passion to keep me alive?

"... I'm not tired."

"... You think I'll believe it?"

I was silent for a moment.

"Just.... Can't I stay with Annabeth for a moment?"

He let out a long sigh. "I'll pull that sofa over here and you can sleep next to her. Good enough?"

I nodded slowly.

He started pulling the sofa and I stood up abruptly.

"I can do it-"

"Move." he grunted.

I moved myself and the chair out of the way and Victor unfolded the sofa. He tossed a few blankets on it and grabbed his scarf and wrapped it around my neck. I looked down at it.

"You can't catch a cold." he said stiffly, making it a bit tighter.

"... You're going to choke me."

He scowled. He took his hands away.

"The nymphs say you're handsome."

"... Thats why they were staring at me."

He sighed. "Go to sleep."

"... Are you leaving?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"... Stay."

He glanced at me. "You sure?"

I paused. "Yes."

"Don't ask me to tuck you in."

"I'm not a kid." I scoffed.

"You are to me."

I laid down on the sofa and slipped under the blankets. Victor turned off the lights and I heard him sit on the the other couch.

I didn't have the heat from inside, but I had enough heat from the outside to keep me alive.

~

Of course I caught a cold.

Victor gleefully tossed me in my cabin so the other campers wouldn't be infected. But about half of the camp was sniffling and coughing. I still had the scarf around ny neck. I loosened it slightly.
I wanted to see Annabeth again. I tried to draw her face in my head, but all I could see was her sleeping face. I wanted to see her laugh. Talk. Get angry at me. I wished her emotionless face could change soon. I felt sore. I wondered if I could sleep again. I could eat. I sat up. I could go out to eat. Victor couldn't say anything about that. I swung my legs off the bed and pulled on my coat. What would I have for dinner? I actually felt hungry. It felt odd.
I thought about BBQ, spicy and sweet.

Yes.

I got a plate of the BBQ and dug in. I couldn't remember the last time I had a proper meal.

"Percy!"

Victor clasped his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm pretty sure I told you to stay in your cabin."

I wiped my mouth. "I was hungry."

He softed. "Really?" he sighed. "Alright. Don't stay out though. Your cold could get worse." He stared at the scarf and unwrapped it.

"You forgot to take this off."

I hadn't noticed because it had been around my neck for so long. I saw a biy of BBQ sauce.

"Oh, I'm sorry-"

"It's alright." He said, folding it. "Do you have a decent scarf?"

I shook my head slowly.

"I'll give one to you." he patted me on the shoulder. "Eat up. You need it."

I watched him take away the scarf and I looked around. There were many campers. Since I had been known as the Son of Posiedon, I was always alone. I was used to it.

But after a long time had passed, the counsilers got busier. We couldn't always match our time for lunch, so we left it to other campers. I sighed and looked at Malcom, who was at the head of the table staring over his blonde haired siblings. Their hair reminded me of how Annabeth's hair had spread around her face like a halo. Like rays of sun. I sighed. I didn't feel full at all, even when I had ate. Probably because I hadn't ate in a long time. I got three slices of pizza and a clump of grapes.

"Hey."

"Don't you have to go to your table?"

"I'm hurt Perce."

I glanced at Frank. "Hi." I said flatly.

He frowned. "I thought you would be glad to see me!"

I chuckled. "I am. I am, but...." I sighed and forced a smile. "No. I was just... Worried."

He nodded, though I could see that he wasn't over it. "I haven't seen you eat in a long time."

"... I guess we came at different times."

He smiled. "Actually, I haven't seen you in a long time. You know, we were both busy and all...."

I nodded. "How's the Roman Camp?"

"Alright. Our army has grown much larger. Our city too."

"Thats nice."

"Is everything all right in the Chaos army?"

I nodded, swallowing. "Everything's under control now."

"Thats nice."

I stood up. "I need to go now."

"Nice talking with you."

"Ditto."

I truged back to my cabin. I wanted to head to the arena. I wanted to forget. I shook my head.

Not in that way.

I flopped on my bed. I was now feeling uncomfortably full. I could skip breakfast tommorow. I remembered there was capture the flag tonight. I sighed. Of course I couldn't do it. I felt to sore. I streched. Sleep.... I grabbed the bottle of sleeping pills and rattled one into my palm. Atleast my insomnia had gotten better. I didn't need it all the time.

Happy thoughts.

I sighed and flopped back on my bed.

Happy thoughts.

Ugggg...

This chapter had nothing in it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 1.1K 35
❛ I had a feeling so peculiar, this pain wouldn't be for 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆. ❜ ⎯⎯ ⠀ㅤִㅤ ୨⠀♡⠀୧ ㅤִ...
159K 4.1K 56
Five years after Percy Jackson's disappearance, Olympus is falling, and their enemies are at a new height of power. Camp Jupiter has been destroyed a...
807 20 19
A Percy Jackson AU in which some gods' children live on Olympus with them. What will happen when a misunderstanding leads to a fallout between one of...
42.9K 733 20
Percy and the seven have just defeated Gaea and were summoned to Olympus. The gods wanted to thank them for their bravery and loyalty, and offer each...