Consequences of Falling in Lo...

By PrettyRandom

She has had her heart broken so many times, she can barely keep count…. He has broken so many girls hearts t... More

New Roommate
Catching Up
House Rules
Class Field Trip
Welcome Back Party !
The Aftermath
Avoidance is Never the Key
Always Expect the Unexpected
Do you Remember Summer of 09'?
I Think you Need to Calm Down
Frat boys in Knickers? (Bonus Edition)
Adjusting
Lunch with the Horan's
Don't Worry About Where We're Going, It's a Surprise
Welcome To Heaven (Or is it Hell?) Long Version
The Confession
I'm Not Jealous I Swear
Aren't You Being A Hypocrite?
I'm Doing The Right Thing Aren't I?
It's My Birthday! (Time To Get Arrested) Long
The Set Up
Before Anyone Else In The World Knew (Long)
Gym, Tan, Find Out What Niall Is Hiding
The Din
The Din (Niall's POV) Long
Just A Little Detective Work
We Need To Talk
20 Questions
The Break-In
Modern Day Taker's
What Do You Mean My Father Was Murdered?
The Reason Why He Thinks This Is Bad/Forbidden
Bring In The Payne !
Back To School! Yay? (Long)
Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow's a Mystery (Long)
Two Can Play That Game
Heart Killer (Long Version)
Do You Remember When ?
Blondes Have The Most Fun (CPW Part 1)
I Can't Find Niall (CPW Part 2)
Cold Coffee (CPW Part 3 Long)
That Girl (Long)
Date Night
A Not So Winter Wonderland (Long)
Where Am I?
A Shocking Surprise
Tracking and Questioning
So What If I'm Selfish? (Long)
I'll Be Dreaming Of You Tonight
Let's Make A Deal (Long)
The Meet (Long)
Operation Breakout!
"You Are So Beautiful" (Long)
Home Is Where The Heart Is (Long)
You're Joking Right? (Long)
Time To Meet 'The Unwanted' Bodyguards
Yeah, This Isn't Going To Work
The Boys Are Back and Here's Trouble (LONG)
Return of The Dead Exes
"I Just Need To Think"
'Get Your Shit Together'
"It Was Just A Movie, Nothing More."
What Is It Going To Be?
A Promise Is A Promise
Need You Now
Styles Is In Town!
Welcome To California ! (Long)
"She Isn't Ready For This"
Bad Girl (Long)
Mixed Signal's (Part 1)
2 of You (Part 2 of Mixed Signal's)(Long)
Family Time (Looks Like A Bonfire Night)
Our First Meet (Long)
Club Lure (Long)
All Over Again
And The Guest Star Is..........
Memory Lane
The Letter's
To Ireland I Go
Simon's Threat
Something Unexpected
Silence (Long)
Unwanted Visitors
I'm Not Doing This Again
Suspicious (Part 1 Of 2)
With Dark, Comes Drama (Part 2 of 2)
Storm Front
Sparklers!
Meet Tyler Oakley (Long)
"Fighting Won't Solve Anything!"
BathTime (Dark)
Back To England (Long)
"Why!"
What If.......
Two days Later
Trying To Hold It Together
It Was Planned (Long)
Krista Talk's (LONG)
No New Friends...

You're Back! (Long)

2.8K 89 20
By PrettyRandom

CHapter 80

Mel’s POV

Still sitting up this morning, with only an hour of sleep in my belt, my head was in a million different places. Reading some of the letter’s from my father was crazy, and being locked up in my room wasn’t helping. Glancing at the clock that now read 6am, so after seeing that trying to force myself to go to sleep wasn’t helping, I rolled out of the bed and slowly made my way to the bathroom. Turning on the shower I stripped out of my pajamas and got in. Letting the warmth of the water wake me up I made the decision that I would go running. I stayed in the shower for 15 minutes, dried off, then put on a long sleeve jumper and a pair of joggers, with my running shoes. I pulled my wet hair into a tight high ponytail and grabbed Niall’s keys, my wallet and phone.

After talking to Niall a couple of days ago, and finding out he went back to Ireland to face ‘his demons’, he called me later that night and told me to stay at his place till he got back. I didn’t argue with him, it actually gave me a place to go so I could properly think about what the hell was going on, but me being me, I should have known, the worst thing about being alone is being alone with your own thoughts and trust me that shit tends to get scary.

Easing my way to the driveway, I started the car, pulled up to the gate, punched in the code and drove out of the gate. I had been driving all of 10 minutes when Harry text me.

Where in the hell are you going?

For a run.

By yourself?

I needed time to think about some things.

Things like?

Stuff I rather not discuss over texting.

There was a moment that passed in which he didn’t reply. Figuring since it was still early, that he went to sleep. I was surprise when his name flashed upon my screen.

“Just because I won’t discuss it over texting what makes you think that I would discuss it over the phone? Where someone could be listening?” I say answering.

“Melly we have track phones, nobody can listen onto our phone calls.” Says Harry sounding very raspy, his voice low, and thick with sleep.

“That’s what you think.” I laugh.

“Where are you running at?”

“The trail near the Hollywood sign.”

“Do you want some company?”

“Not really.”

“Too bad, I’ll meet you in 15 minutes. As soon as I find my pants.”

I laughed, “Stay there, I’ll be back in an hour.”

“I promised Niall that I wouldn’t let you out of my sight, you’re lucky I was asleep when you left, or I would have met you at the gate when you went to pull out.”

“How did you even know I was gone?”

“I went to take a piss, looked out the window and saw Niall’s car missing, and since the girls won’t be back in town till tomorrow, and all the other boys are in the living on the floor pissed out drunk, which left you to be my on candidate.”

I groaned, “Damn you and your active thinking, Styles.”

Harry laughs, “I’m on my way I’ll see you there.”

“Fine.” I say as I hang up the phone.

Parking in my usual spot I got out the car, did my stretches and then placed my earphones in my ear than I took off in a slow jog. I let the worries of the letters, of Ed, and of Niall drain from my body with each step I took. By the time I hit the first turn I took off in a full sprint rounding the area. The wind was freezing as it hit my body, stabbing it like little needles, but I didn’t car. I needed the rush, the wind in my face, and the adrenaline to pump within me.

-------------

I ran for at least the first 5 songs off of Demi Lovato’s album, as I made my way back to the car. Slowly down to a slow jog again I noticed Harry car was parked right behind mine. Wearing a beanie and a long sleeve Jumper, he sat with his window down, arms crossed over his chest, and his eyes closed. Looking at Harry sleep always reminded me of an innocent 5 year old, that was until his opened his eyes showing those grown piercing green eyes, and flashing those dimples that made all the innocents drain from him, turning him into that sexy hottie, you just had to meet, no matter what.

Leaning on Harry’s door, I laid my arm over the window seal as I say loudly, “You know,” Harry jumped smacking his knee against the steering wheel. “If all you were going to do was sleep, you could’ve stayed in bed.”

Harry rubbed blindly at his knee as he says sleepily, “I told you I promised Niall…”

“That you would watch out for me, I get it, but what exactly do you plan on doing at,” I glanced at my watch, “6:45 in the morning while you’re asleep in your car? Snore anyone who tries to attack me to death?”

Harry smiles, “Don’t make me run you over.”

“How can you do that? Your keys aren’t even in the ignition.” I say pointing down at the cup holder.

Harry looks at the cup holder as he turns back to me, “Have you always been a smart ass in the morning?”

I shrugged, “Maybe.”

Harry motioned me to back up as he opens the door and gets out.

“What’s up with the morning jog?” ask Harry.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean what’s on your mind that made you get up at 6 in the morning to run?”

“We always go running in the morning.”

“Not at 6, not unless were preparing for a run or something is eating away at us.” pushing his sleeves up around his elbows he says, “And last time I checked we didn’t have a job planned.”

Pushing the loose hair’s that fell in my face back, as Harry says, “Is this about the letter’s for your dad?”

I looked at him.

“Max told us.”

Pulling at the jacket around my waist I say, “I was going to tell you,but,”

Harry waves his hand, “I’m not upset, if I had to go through and read anything that you have read, I probably would have waited to say something also.”

I nodded, happy that Harry knew me enough to know I wouldn’t just hide something on purpose.

Leaning up against the hood of his car he crosses his arms and says, “Wanna talk about it?”

I shrugged pulling myself upon the hood of the car as I say, “I wouldn’t even know where to begin.”

Harry looked at me for a moment before he says, “You’re still freaking out about the fact your father lied about your mum being your real mum?”

I laughed, “Freaking out? That’s an understatement.” I rubbed my hands together as I say, “He wrote entries, daily entries about me growing up, and about certain jobs he worked. And not once has he bought up that my mother wasn’t my biological mother.”

“How far did you get?”

“Up to when I turned about 3.”

“And when did he die?”

“A little after my 10th birthday.”

“Then maybe he’ll mention it before his last entry.”

I cringed. Just thinking that the words of my father could end with in 20 pages or more, made me sick. Harry noticed my reaction as he says, “Shit, I didn’t mean that.”

I shook my head, “It’s okay. I know the last page is coming soon, it is just hard to know that within a few pages I’ll finish it and…” I stopped as my voice cracked.

Harry got off the hood of his car and walked over to me. Wrapping his arms tightly around me, he pulled me to his chest, surprising me that he still was towering over me, as he brushes my hair with his hand. “It’s alright, I understand.”

Tears fell as I say, “This is the reason why I didn’t open this when I turned 18. I didn’t want to open the wounds that I got when I lost him. It’s like I’m losing him all over again.”

“I know Melly, I know.” Was all Harry said as he held onto me.

We stood like that for a few minutes before he pulled away and says, “Alright we need breakfast, you need a shower, and maybe you need to go back to sleep.” Tilting my face up to his he says, “Because I take it you haven’t slept much over the past few days since your starting to get dark rings.”

I pushed him from me and laughed, “Shut up.”

“I’m serious I give you a few more days before you look like you belong in a raccoon family.”

I laughed again as I hopped off the trunk, “Meeting you at the house for pancakes?”

“Only if you’re making them.” Smiles Harry.

“Fine.” I smile.

Getting back into our car’s we head back to the house where I reluctantly made breakfast for the house, before I took off heading back to Niall’s place. Once I showered and put on one of Niall’s shirt, my exhaustion from the run and my not sleeping earlier, sat in forcefully, to when as soon as I laid my head down the world blackened and I went to sleep.

-----------------------

I moved around in the bed hours later, to find an arm draped over my waist. Rubbing my eyes a voice behind me says, “Bout time you woke up, I’ve been laying here for hours.”

Jumping up I turned around to see Niall lying behind me. I rubbed my eyes again, making sure I wasn’t dreaming, but when I opened my eyes he was still lying there, with that devilish grin on his mouth.

“Miss me?” ask Niall.

Climbing on top of him, I straddled onto his lap as I leaned down pressing our chest together as I kissed him passionately. Letting his hands slid up my thighs, he grabbed my waist with one hand, letting the other glide up my back. Running his hand to the back of my head he pressed me down kissing me more deeply as he tongue entered my mouth exploring. Running his hand from my hair he runs both of his hands under my shirt grabbing my hip as his began grinding his against mine. A slight moan escaped my mouth as he smiled against my lips. We kissed like that for 5 to 10 minutes before we pulled apart. His hands still on my waist, mine on his chest propping myself up.

“Damn.” Says Niall as he caught his breath, “Maybe I should leave more often.”

Slapping him with my shaking arm I smiled, “You better not.”

I started to roll off of him when his hands tightened and held me in place, “Where are you going?”

“Um, to get coffee.”

“Stay, I just got here and I’m quite fond with you being on top.”

I raised a brow at him, “You are one sex driven kid.”

“With the way you just attacked me, I think I have the right to be sex driven.”

“I didn’t attack you.”

Niall laughed, “Then what did you call, you’re straddling?”

“A 'welcome back, I missed you', kiss?”

Niall laughed again, “I’ve missed you Princess.”

I smiled as I leaned down laying my head next to his, as he kept me on top of him, “I missed you too. Don’t leave like that again okay?”

“I won’t.”

--------------------

We laid there for 20 minutes when my and Niall’s stomach started growling. Walking to the kitchen I grabbed a pair of joggers as Niall made up fajitas and rice, as I told him about what happened with the box and everything.

Cooking the meat Niall shakes his head as he says,
“Damn Princess, I can’t leave you alone for 5 days and you go and find shit?”

“Technically I didn’t go find it. It was never lost.” I say as I placed spoonful of rice onto our plates as I return to my barstool.

“But still, you couldn’t have waited till I got back to go through it?” says Niall as he places the meat into the tortilla shells.

“I didn’t even know that you left, nonetheless did I even know that you left to Ireland.”

Grabbing our plates Niall sat them on the counter as he takes up a seat next to me on the barstool.

“Sorry, it was short notice.” Says Niall as he picks up his fajitas and takes a bite.

I waited a moment as I ate. After swallowing my food I ask, “Was it about what Ed said, about him bringing up your past?”

Niall nodded as he takes another bite.

I paused waiting for him to say something, anything. So when he didn’t I cleared my throat as I say, “After Harry walked you out that night Ed stopped me and told me to ask you, who you talked to the days prior to our break up.”

Niall wiped his mouth and looked at me, “He what?”

Running my hand through my hair I took a breath and said, “He told me to ask you who you talked to days before we broke up, for me to make sure you tell me everything.” I took another breath, “I sat here for a few days thinking about it when in all reality the only time I knew you talked to somebody was when we were at the beach and you left after on 15 minutes, due to a phone call. Now I’m not sure, but I think he was referring to that.”

Niall looks at me then turns away. Looking at his plate for a few minutes, he clutched his fist and unclutched them a few times before he stood and grabbed his keys.

“Where are you going?” I ask as watching him as he grabs his shoes.

“I need to go do something.”

“What’s going on?” I ask jumping out of my seat.

“Nothing.” says Niall as grabs his phone.

“Niall…”

“I’ll be back.” says Niall as he reaches the door.

“Niall!” I yell as he opens the door and stops. “I’m not doing this again! This ‘secrecy’ and this random rage you have. Tell me what’s going on?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said no!” snaps Niall.

Taking a step back from the base in his voice he looks at me and says, “Does it look like that I want to keep things from you? I’m not doing this to be rude or because I don’t trust you, I’m doing this because I don’t want to lose you!”

“But I’m not going anywhere!” I yell.

“Princess I told you from the jump I was bad news, and that this wouldn’t work.”

“That was when I didn’t know about what you and the boys do for a living, and as you can see I’m still here.”

Niall slams his things on the counter as he says, “This isn’t about my job! The things that has happened to me, the things that has happened to the people who I’ve even remotely began to care about,” he pauses as he says, “You wouldn’t still be here if you knew everything about me! I’m bad luck.”

Stepping towards Niall I say, “You think just because you have some dark past that I’m just going to up and leave, because you’re ‘bad luck’? We made a promise that we were in this together, so that means I’m not going any damn where!” Taking Niall’s face into my hand I forced him to make eye contact with me as I lower my voice and I say, “I’m here, I promise I’m always going to be here just,” I pause, “Please let me know what in the hell is going on?”

Searching Niall eyes, It finally made official sense of what Ed whispered to me as I was leaving out the room. Taking a breath, I added softly, “Tell me what happened the day you left me at the beach.”

Niall looks at me and nods his head, leaning his forehead with mine as he whispers, “I’m sorry I’m so sorry.” Pulling back from me he takes my hand and pulls me to the table as he sits in a chair motioning me to sit next to him. Holding my hands as he searched for the words to say I sat there, not moving not saying a word.

“Princess,” he started, “Ever since I was little, nobody around me, that I cared about was safe. Every girl that I even started to remotely like or show any kind of interest with died from some bizarre death. At first I thought it was just ill timing, but as I grew older it started to look like it was only girls I started to grow feelings for.”

Taking a breath he says, “When I was 6 this girl name Lisa was killed in a house fire by her mental unstable cousin, and for years I blamed myself for it. As I grew older other girlfriends or females I were with started getting killed in crazy accidents that began to look more like a set up then an accident. For years I didn’t allow myself to be happy with a girl, or for me to even begin to grow feelings for one until I met Zoe. Yeah she was cute and fun to be around, but I never loved her, cared for her yes, loved? No. She was the only girl that I was with for beyond a few months and nothing happened to her. I thought she was the only girl who could survive with me, but I guess that was wrong. After her ‘death’ that’s when I threw myself into the jobs for your uncle. Becoming a ‘male whore’ a ‘player’ was the only way I could get by without hurting anyone. Until I met you,”

Squeezing my hand he says, “You made it impossible for me to do the job without falling in love with you. Once I met you, I knew I couldn’t just be your friend, I knew that I couldn’t just be you’re watcher. I had to have you. The moment I laid my eyes on you that night in the parking lot at the ice cream parlor, I looked at you, Princess, and I wanted you so badly. I wanted to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I wanted to hear you laugh, and hold you when you cried. I wanted to sit next to you, breathe the same air, share the same life. I wanted to wake up next to you in my arms every day. I wanted you and after I had you, let the world be damned if I let anything happened to you,”

Looking down at his hands he says, “That’s why I started to pull away, I thought that if I did, the bad luck with girls getting killed after the fact of me getting attached, that I would be able to save you. Little did I know that saving you, would kill me inside, and I couldn’t have that.”

Drinking some water, there was a moment of silence before Niall says, “I’ve done things that I’m not proud of and yes I still do think I’m responsible for those girls death. Even though I’m told over and over that I’m not, a part of me still thinks that I am partially responsible. I say all that to explain why the day I left you at the beach I,” he pauses, “I went and had a talk with Simon.”

“Simon? Why?” I ask shaking my head.

Niall let go of my hand, as he runs his hands threw his hair, just as he lowers his head down, “Princess I’m so sorry, I didn’t have much of a choice, he…” Niall stops, anger building inside of him.

Taking his hand, he looks up at me as my voice cracks. Swallowing hard my voice slightly horsed with fear as I asked, “Niall what happen?”

The look in Niall eye screamed that he wanted to murder someone and for the first time, I really didn’t want him to answer, but intertwining his hand with mine Niall closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he opened his mouth, ready to tell the story about his meeting with my Uncle Simon.

Soooo almost 4 months ago I came up with this idea about a not so average One direction fanfic, and after sending her a few quotes, my best friend insisted on me posting the story here. I never thought people would like it, it mainly was something that I would write or post when I was bored. But now to sit here with damn there 40,000 reads and 2,000+ votes, its unreal. So thank you so much for reading it really means the world to me when i get tweets, messages here or on IG, saying how much you all like this, or asking when I am posting again. So again thank you and can't wait to post the next chapter! <3  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 48.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
124K 4.6K 23
Selene is a hunter. A hunter with a mission. A mission to obtain information whilst undercover and report back. But what if everything she has been...
3M 53K 70
In Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, Kendall Woods and Harry Styles were the best of friends. Best friends fall in love, right? That's exactly what happened w...
14K 411 15
Rimuru vanishes through an odd portal, waking up to find a strange girl at his side. The girl says her name is Marinette, and she found him unconsiou...