"She Isn't Ready For This"

Chapter 68

This past week was, how can I put this? Interesting. Niall had this, hot and cold, attitude this whole week were when he saw me, it was like his eyes would light up, but then he would just turn in the opposite direction. Whenever we would run into each other either it be walking through the kitchen or me spotting him leaving his ‘little apartment’ in the not so small, huge ass, looks like a damn cattle ranch for horses, backyard, he would just keep moving or go back inside. No full sentences had been made between us, since that night at the bar.

And ever since that morning when I dreamt of Niall lying next to me, it happen a couple of more times, but with me being so exhausted from training it wouldn’t registered into my brain until I woke up the next morning, with his faint scent on my pillow behind me. I wanted to question him and ask him was it really him sneaking in my room, but I didn’t want to upset him nor did I want him to stop coming. I’d rather have him sneak, cuddles with me at night then me not having no contact whatsoever.

For a straight week with me being back in town my week literally went like this. Mornings I had boxing with Liam, Afternoons I had tech support with Louis followed by bomb mischief with Harry, Evening I had shooting practice with Max and Nights I paraded around town with the girls. With it being just Friday, I knew the meeting regarding the plan for the job was in a few hours and everything was set to go in motion Saturday night, during a huge Hollywood Mansion party. Considering this would be the first time in a week that Niall and I have actually stood in a room for the longer then needed, the girls figured that they should take me out to get a bite to eat.

I must’ve been dragging it, since Jesy looped her arm with mine and says, “Come on love, smile, we’re in one of the most fascinating cities and you have gloomy look on your face.”

“I know I’m sorry.” I say as Perrie loops her arm with mine.

“Does this have something to do with that Irish lad, Hiall?”

I laughed, “It’s Niall, and kind of.” Steering me to a late night diner Jesy grabs a table outside as a waitress come and takes our order.

“Okay so spill, what’s going on with you and James Bond?” ask Jesy.

“James Bond?” I ask.

“You’re 007 of a boyfriend.” Says Jesy.

“I told you we aren’t even dating anymore, he broke up with me.” I say.

“Oh tell that to a wee lass, I’m not stupid you guys are far from over.” Says Jesy.

“Well that’s what he keeps saying.” I say.

“If you’re supposed to be over why does he keep requesting to have that milkshake sent up to your room after you get back from training with Liam.” Ask Perrie.

“Wait he has been having that lady bring them up?” I ask.

Jesy and Perrie nodded as Perrie says, “Yeah, I thought you knew.”

“No I thought they were from Max.” I say as I leaned my head onto the table, “Gosh this just complicates things even more.”

“Why did you even break up?” ask Jesy.

“It was something stupid. I found out that he kissed his not so dead ex and after a small argument he said that maybe we should take a break, but I honestly think that he is just doing that because he has this strange sense that it will protect me if we weren’t together.”

Clutching her hands together Perrie says, “Well isn’t that sweet? But wouldn’t it be best if he was with you if you needed protection?”

“Same thing I said.” I say as the Waitress brings out our food.