You're Back! (Long)

CHapter 80

Mel’s POV

Still sitting up this morning, with only an hour of sleep in my belt, my head was in a million different places. Reading some of the letter’s from my father was crazy, and being locked up in my room wasn’t helping. Glancing at the clock that now read 6am, so after seeing that trying to force myself to go to sleep wasn’t helping, I rolled out of the bed and slowly made my way to the bathroom. Turning on the shower I stripped out of my pajamas and got in. Letting the warmth of the water wake me up I made the decision that I would go running. I stayed in the shower for 15 minutes, dried off, then put on a long sleeve jumper and a pair of joggers, with my running shoes. I pulled my wet hair into a tight high ponytail and grabbed Niall’s keys, my wallet and phone.

After talking to Niall a couple of days ago, and finding out he went back to Ireland to face ‘his demons’, he called me later that night and told me to stay at his place till he got back. I didn’t argue with him, it actually gave me a place to go so I could properly think about what the hell was going on, but me being me, I should have known, the worst thing about being alone is being alone with your own thoughts and trust me that shit tends to get scary.

Easing my way to the driveway, I started the car, pulled up to the gate, punched in the code and drove out of the gate. I had been driving all of 10 minutes when Harry text me.

Where in the hell are you going?

For a run.

By yourself?

I needed time to think about some things.

Things like?

Stuff I rather not discuss over texting.

There was a moment that passed in which he didn’t reply. Figuring since it was still early, that he went to sleep. I was surprise when his name flashed upon my screen.

“Just because I won’t discuss it over texting what makes you think that I would discuss it over the phone? Where someone could be listening?” I say answering.

“Melly we have track phones, nobody can listen onto our phone calls.” Says Harry sounding very raspy, his voice low, and thick with sleep.

“That’s what you think.” I laugh.

“Where are you running at?”

“The trail near the Hollywood sign.”

“Do you want some company?”

“Not really.”

“Too bad, I’ll meet you in 15 minutes. As soon as I find my pants.”

I laughed, “Stay there, I’ll be back in an hour.”

“I promised Niall that I wouldn’t let you out of my sight, you’re lucky I was asleep when you left, or I would have met you at the gate when you went to pull out.”

“How did you even know I was gone?”

“I went to take a piss, looked out the window and saw Niall’s car missing, and since the girls won’t be back in town till tomorrow, and all the other boys are in the living on the floor pissed out drunk, which left you to be my on candidate.”

I groaned, “Damn you and your active thinking, Styles.”

Harry laughs, “I’m on my way I’ll see you there.”

“Fine.” I say as I hang up the phone.

Parking in my usual spot I got out the car, did my stretches and then placed my earphones in my ear than I took off in a slow jog. I let the worries of the letters, of Ed, and of Niall drain from my body with each step I took. By the time I hit the first turn I took off in a full sprint rounding the area. The wind was freezing as it hit my body, stabbing it like little needles, but I didn’t car. I needed the rush, the wind in my face, and the adrenaline to pump within me.