Our First Meet (Long)

Chapter 73

Back In Time

“Max come on we're going to be late.” I say as I grabbed Max’s arm pulling him to the auditorium where they were having freshman orientations at. 

Starting college life is something that I’ve always dreamt of doing. Moving away, making new friends, living on my own, has always excited me, but with the way I grew up it kind of took away some of my excitement. Growing up my parents died when I was younger and I ended up having to live with my best friend who’ve I’ve known since I was really little. Around of teenage years, he lost his mom due to a car crash, leaving both of us on our own. Our parents were wealthy people so the money that we got after their death was a lot. Luckily we were both responsible with our money that everything was looking fine. We were able to have our own place in high school, buy our own cars, and pay for our college funds. We resided in L.A till after high school then decided that L.A was a too much reminded of or childhood so we headed out of state for a new school. Max was like peanut butter to my jelly, we made the perfect sandwich. He was the only person who was there whenever I needed him, the only guy figure in my life, and my only family (besides my not so present uncle).  

“Melon will you calm down, we’re going to make it.” says Max as he jogs along with me.

“I want good sits.” I say as I continued to speed walk.

“I swear you’re the only person I know who is actually excited about school.”

I beamed, “It’s the start of a new life, and a new beginning. This is going to be amazing just you watch.”

Coming to a slow stop we filled into the auditorium with the other hundreds of kids. Grabbing seats in the middle we sat there looking through a paper that was being handed out at the door when I bump Max arm and say, “How was your APG thingy yesterday?”

Max shrugs, “It was cool, and we got a few late recruits.”

“I thought they weren’t accepting people late?”

“Apparently they made an exception.” Says Max looking down at his paper.

Just them the speakers around the room buzzed as a lady walks onto the stage, I notice that it was none other than the school’s new headmistress Caroline Flack.

“Good Morning students!” says Caroline into the microphone. The students around us all started cheering as she motions them to quiet down.

“As you all have already received, your class schedules this morning I just wanted to say a few things about our UNI…” Caroline rambled on and on for damn there an hour, she was a pretty lady, but since she talked so much, I just wanted to throw a damn brick at her.

-----------

The clock now read noon as Caroline finally wrapped up her speech, “Tonight we will be having an get together for anyone who wants to join down at the carnival tonight. It is strictly for students so to enter you will need you campus ID. I’m excited for you all to start school in the following week! So have fun and hopefully I’ll see you all tonight.”

The students cheered again as she walks off the stage. Getting up with all of the other students, me and Max fall into the crowd as we made our way to our cars.

“Are you excited?” ask Max.

“For what?” I say rereading my class schedule.

“For the carnival tonight?”

“I thought you didn’t do carnivals.”

“I don’t, but since you want to start off new and fresh tonight then why not?”