It Was Planned (Long)

Chapter 97

I woke up the following morning to the warehouse empty, with only me and Harry around. After I talked, more like cried, to Max I felt like a little one on one with Harry was something that was much needed. We sat, and drank, as I poured my tears in the coffee cup that I was holding. Harry knew, as the rest of them did, that I was taking this the hardest because deep down, I knew that this was really my fault. Niall would have never had to go to any meets if I wasn’t in the picture.

There were times, like always, that I wished that our paths never crossed, times where I wished that I had just stayed in L.A and went to school instead of moving out of the states to attend school, but like Harry said, even though I might wish it, I don’t really mean it. One way or another, our paths would have crossed because of my father and my connection to this chip. Meeting Niall was never by mistake, he told me that numerous of times into which I replied that he was off his rockers, but as the time passed I knew that he was right. Niall getting recruited and being assigned to my case wasn’t by accident of dumb luck, it was meant to happen. Niall was meant to save me, and I’m meant to give him hope. Hope for a brighter future. Niall has already saved me more than necessary and it’s my turn to save him.

As the weeks passed and there was no signs of Josh and Matthew anywhere in the U.K I started to lose hope. Max had Perrie and Jesy flown in because we figured that with Jesy acting as a caregiver to me for my brief stay there, that she would know something, but all she knew was all that we already had on file. The boys came to the conclusion that Niall was no longer in the UK but that he was now in the US, the only thing that we didn’t know was where.  Flying from the UK back to Pennsylvania I kept to myself. The guys never had this much trouble trying to find people before, and that made me only believe that after I left, Josh went and made a few calls to his connections, way above our heads and I hated that.

Once our flight landed Harry made plans that I would go with him, since his place was the only place that was off the radar from everyone. Simon, Josh, the government. There were no legal documents saying that Harry’s place was in anyway shape or form connected to him or the group, so with us still being on look out from Simon it was consider the best place for me to hold up at.

The house was a one bedroom condo. It was far from town and far from the UNI so nobody knew anything of it. Jesy decided that she would stay with me while the boys went back to their places to grab more things to move to Louis place that was not too far from me. With it only being me and Jesy, Perrie went to stay with Zayn to ‘Catch Up’, we decided that we were long overdue for a heart to heart conversation.

We sat up for hours talking until Jesy passed out and I went reading in the files I had again. Somewhere between 5am and 7am, I drove Harry’s Audi to the warehouse and began research again. By around 8 I headed back to Harry’s place and ended up falling to sleep, waking up at 12pm to the smell of bacon. Walking out the back room I stopped at the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face as I walked to the kitchen, and to my surprise I saw Harry standing at the stove sporting a shirt that he had ripped the arms out of, a headband, and jeans.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I stumbled to the counter.

“Uh I live here?” he says as he takes a sip from his tea cup. Handing it to me I take a sip as I took in the strong scent.

“God I love the way you make tea.” I smiled.

He winks, “I know.”

Rolling my eyes he says, “How did you sleep?”

“Ugh, what is this thing called sleep?”

“Late night?”

I nodded.