20 Questions

Chapter 28

“Alright here’s the deal.” Said Harry as he walked around and sat in front of me. “I’m not letting you out this room until you two settle whatever crap there is between you two.”

Crossing my legs I said, “Like I told you over the phone there’s nothing going on.”

“Bullshit, there’s something going on. You two have been refusing to be in the same room at the same time, and you don’t acknowledge each other’s presences.” Sitting back in his chair Harry brings his hands together and says, “This has been going on since the day after we came back from New York. I thought it was something that would end after thanksgiving, but you two still haven’t said anything to each other. Now since you won’t tell me what it is, I’m going to leave you two to discuss this like civil people.”

Harry glances at Niall who sat on the couch opposite of me and said, “Do you understand?”

Niall crosses his arm and says, “Yes, but I think it’s stupid.”

“Well it’s a good thing I didn’t ask you what you thought.” Said Harry as he stood, “Now I’ll give you an hour, I have the keys and you two will not be able to leave until I feel that everything is settled.”

I jump up, “You can’t lock us in our on condo!”

Harry twirls the keys in his hands and says, “I can therefore I will. Have fun kids and play nice.” Harry flashes one more smile as he walks out the condo and locks the door.

-------------

I look at Niall as he is starring out the window. I couldn’t believe Harry would go through the trouble of staging an intervention just because me and Niall haven’t talked in almost a week. This wasn’t the first time that me and Niall had the silent treatment towards each other and I’m pretty sure this wouldn't be the last, so I didn’t know why it was so important to settle things now when I was still upset.

We sat for 10 minutes not saying anything. I had to be at the library in an hour to go pick up some school books and with Harry locking us in, I knew silence wasn’t going to get me out the house faster. So sucking up my pride I said, “So are you going to tell me why you ‘have’ to protect me?” Niall looked at his fingernails like they were suddenly interesting to stare at.

“Can you at least tell me why I need protection in the first place?” Still ignoring me Niall picked up a sports magazine and started flipping through the pages. “Look I have things to do, so can you at least try and act like you want to settle this.” I asked crossing my legs up under me.

“Who said I want to settle this?” said Niall not looking up from the magazine.

I rolled my eyes, “Look I really don’t have time for your games I have to go pick up books for school.”

“Then go.” Said Niall.

“I can’t and you know that.” taking a deep breath I said, “Can you please just work with me? The sooner this is over the faster I can leave and you can run to your tramps house.”

Niall smiles, “What makes you think I have tramps?”

“Why wouldn’t I think you have tramps?”

Niall shrugs and looks up from the magazine, “I don’t know you tell me.”

Laying my head on the back of the couch I groaned, “Okay listen to me, all I want is answers so let’s just do 20 questions.”

Niall closes the magazine and tosses it on the table, “What’s that?”

“I’ll ask you 10 questions, you ask me 10 questions, it could be about anything, but we have to be completely honest.”