After 2

By imaginator1D

This is the sequel (continuation) of After. Hardin and Tessa's relationship will be tested in ways she never... More

Welcome to the After world 2.0!
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.
Chapter 106.
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 110
Chapter 111.
Chapter 112.
Chapter 113.
Chapter 114.
Chapter 115.
Chapter 116.
Chapter 117.
Chapter 118.
Chapter 119.
Chapter 120.
Chapter 121.
Chapter 122.
Chapter 123.
Chapter 124.
Chapter 125.
Chapter 126.
Chapter 127.
Chapter 128.
Chapter 129.
Chapter 130.
Chapter 131.
Chapter 132.
Chapter 133.
Chapter 134.
Chapter 135.
Chapter 136.
Chapter 137.
Chapter 138.
Chapter 139.
Chapter 140.
Chapter 141.
Chapter 142.
Chapter 143.
Chapter 144.
Chapter 145.
Chapter 146.
Chapter 147.
Chapter 148.
Chapter 149.
Chapter 150.
Chapter 151.
Chapter 152.
Chapter 153.
Chapter 154.
Chapter 155.
Chapter 156.
Chapter 157.
Chapter 158.
Chapter 159.
Chapter 160.
Chapter 161.
Chapter 162.
Chapter 163.
Chapter 164.
Chapter 165.
Chapter 166.
Chapter 167.
Chapter 168.
Chapter 169.
Chapter 170.
Chapter 171.
Chapter 172.
Chapter 173.
Chapter 174.
Chapter 175.
Chapter 176.
Chapter 177.
Chapter 178.
Chapter 179.
Chapter 180.
Chapter 181.
Chapter 182.
Chapter 183.
Chapter 184.
Chapter 185.
Chapter 186.
Chapter 187.
Chapter 188.
Chapter 189.
Chapter 190.
Chapter 191.
Chapter 192.
Chapter 193.
Chapter 194.
Chapter 195.
Chapter 196.
Chapter 197.
Chapter 198.
Chapter 199.

Chapter 109.

6.2M 91.4K 78.5K
By imaginator1D

(This chapter I will be going back and forth between Tessa and Hardin's POV, I want you to see what they are doing at the same time:) I hope you like it xo)

"I love that dress on you." Kimberly says as the car pulls out of the hotel lot.

"Thank you, this is the first time I have worn it." I tell her and she smiles.

"So what happened with your car?" She asks.

Trevor and Christian are in what appears to be a deep conversation about price per square foot on a new building in Seattle.

"I have no idea, it wouldn't start yesterday morning so I called someone to fix it but Hardin already had someone come get it." I explain and she smirks.

"Persistent isn't he?" She says.

"I guess so. I just wish he would give me a little time to process all of this." I sigh.

"Process what?" She asks. I forget that she doesn't know about the bet, she only knows that we broke up.

"I don't know, just everything. I have so much going on right now and I still don't have anywhere to live. I feel like he isn't taking this as seriously as he should. He thinks he can just play puppeteer with me and my life. He thinks he can just show up and say sorry and all will be forgiven but that's not how it works. Not anymore at least." I huff.

"Well I am happy you are standing up for yourself." She says. I am glad she isn't asking for details.

"Thank you. Me too." I tell her. I am proud of myself for standing up to him and not just giving in but at the same time I feel terrible for what I said to him today. I know he deserved it but I can't help but think what if he does care as much as he claims? I do know that somewhere deep down he cares for me, I just don't think its enough to ensure me that he won't hurt me again.

That's what he does, he hurts people.

"We should go out tonight night after the conference since Sunday those two will be in meetings all morning. We will do some shopping Sunday and go out tonight and maybe  Saturday night too. What do you think?" She asks me.

"Go out where? I'm only eighteen." I laugh.

"That doesn't matter, Christian knows a lot of people in Seattle. If you are with him you can get in anywhere." She says. I love the way her eyes light up when she speaks of him even though he is right next to her.

"Okay." I tell her. I have never been out before. I have been to the few parties at the frat house but I haven't ever been to a nightclub or anything even close.

"It will be fun, don't worry." She assures me.

"You should wear that dress." She adds and I laugh.

The rest of the drive is spent talking about work and Trevor ends up falling asleep leaning against the window. He looks so young in his sleep.

Hardin's POV.

"You will be alone for the rest of your life, and for that I feel sorry for you. I will move on, find a nice man who will treat me the way you should have, and we will get married and have children. I will be happy."

Her words keep playing over and over in my head. I know she is right but I don't want her to be. I had never minded being alone until now, now I know what I am missing.

"You in?" Jace's voice pushes breaks through my muddled thoughts.

"Uh, what?" I ask.  I almost forgot that I was driving.

He rolls his eyes and takes a hit from his joint.

"I asked if you were in, were going to Zed's." He repeats himself.

"I don't know.." I groan.

"Why not? You need to stop being such a pussy. You're moping around like a fucking baby." He tells me and I glare at him. If I had gotten any sleep last night I would reach across and choke him.

"I am not." I defend.

"You so are dude, you need to get wasted and laid tonight. I'm sure there will be some easy girls there."

"I don't need to get laid." I don't want anyone but her.

"Well come on, drive over to Zed's. If you don't want to get laid then at least come have some drinks." He says.

"Don't you ever want to do more?" I ask and he looks over at me like I have grown horns.

"What?"

"You know, doesn't it get old just partying and hooking up with different girls all the time?"

"Woah woah.. this is worse than I thought. You got it bad man."

"No I don't. I'm just saying. Doing the same old shit all the time gets old." He doesn't know how enjoyable it is to lay in bed and make Tessa laugh, he doesn't know how fun it is to hear her ramble on about her favorite novels, to have her swat at me when I try to grope her. It is much better than any party that he has ever been or will ever go to.

"She really did a number on you. That's some shit isn't it?" He laughs.

"No she didn't." I lie.

"Sure.." He throws the remainder of his joint out of my car window.

"She's single though right?" He asks and I grip the wheel.

"I'm just fucking around." He laughs. "I just wanted to see how pissed you would get." He laughs even harder.

"Fuck off." I grumble and head to Zed's.

Tessa's POV.

"Your room is right down the hall from our suite." Kimberly tells me when we arrive at the hotel.

The Four Seasons in Seattle is the nicest hotel I have ever seen. Kimberly practically drags me down the hall while I try to take in all the beautiful details.

"Here is your room, after you unpack we will meet in our suite to go over the itinerary for this weekend even though I already know you have. You should change because I really think you should wear that dress tonight when we go out." She winks and leaves me alone in my hotel room.

The differences between the hotel I have been staying in and this one are vast. One of the paintings in the lobby here probably cost more than the entire hotel where I stayed last night. The view from my window is incredible, Seattle is such a beautiful city. I can imagine myself living here, in a high rise apartment with a job at Seattle Publishing or even Vance Publishing now that they are opening an office here. That would be amazing. I wish I could fast forward.

I change into a black pencil skirt and a lilac purple shirt after I hang up my clothes for the weekend. I am excited for the conference this evening and tomorrow but nervous to go out. I know I need to have some fun but I still feel empty from the damage Hardin has caused in my life.

By the time I get to Kimberly and Christian's suite, it is five o'clock. I know we have to be downstairs in the banquet room by six.

"This room is.. wow." I say as Kimberly leads me inside.

Their hotel suite has it's own living room and a separate sitting room. It looks bigger than my mother's entire house.

"It's okay." Christian laughs and pours himself a glass of what looks like water.

"We ordered some room service so we can all eat in here before we head downstairs, it should be here any minute." She says and I smile and thank her. I didn't realize how hungry I am until she mentioned food. I haven't eaten at all today.

"You ready to be bored out of your mind?" Trevor asks as he appears from the sitting room.

"It won't be boring to me." I smile and he laughs.

"I may not want to leave this place." I add and he smiles.

"Me either." He says.

"Same." Kim says and Christian shakes his head.

"That could be arranged love." He puts his hand on her back and I look away from the intimate gesture.

"We should just move the main office here and all move." Kimberly jokes, I think she is joking at least.

"Smith would love Seattle." Christian says.

"Smith?" I ask then I remember Christian has a son.

"My son, it's an odd name I know." He laughs and leans into Kimberly. It must be so nice to be in a loving, trusting relationship.

"It's lovely." I smile. It really is a nice name, different but not too crazy.

"We may just have to look into it." He tells her and she smiles before kissing him on the cheek.

Trevor has the same look of adoration on his face  that I feel inside for them. I also envy Kimberly, a harmful envy but envy none the less. She has a man in her life that obviously cares for her and will do anything to make her happy. She is lucky.

After we eat we head downstairs and I am thrown into a large conference room full of people who love books, it's heaven. I meet a lot of interesting people and take a lot of notes.

"Network. Network. Network. It's all about networking." Christian tells me and introduces me to almost every single person in the room. The best part is that he doesn't introduce me as his intern and he treats me like an adult, they all do.

...

Hardin's POV.

"Well well well, look who it is." Molly rolls her eyes when Jace and I walk into Zed's apartment.

"Drunk already?" I say to her.

"So? It's past five." She says and I shake my head at her.

"Have a shot with me." She suggests and grabs a bottle of brown liquor off of the counter and two shot glasses.

"Fine. Only one." I groan and she smiles before filling the small glasses up.

Ten  minutes later I find myself looking through the gallery on my phone. I wish I would have let her take more pictures of us together so I would have more to look at now. I do have it bad, like Jace said. I feel like I am slowly losing my mind over her and the most fucked up part is, I don't care how crazy I am being as  long as it helps me get closer to her again.

"I will be happy." She said. I know I didn't make her happy but I could. At the same time, it isn't fair for her for me to keep bothering her. I got her car fixed for her because I didn't want her to have to worry about doing it herself. I am glad that I did because I wouldn't have known she was going to Seattle if I wouldn't have called Vance to make sure she would have a ride to work. Why wouldn't she tell me? That prick Trevor is with her right now when I should be. I know he likes her and I could see her falling for him. He is exactly what she needs, they are a lot alike. Unlike her and I. He could make her happy. The thought pisses me off and makes me want to slam his head through a window but maybe I need to give her space and give her a chance to be happy. She made it clear yesterday that she can't forgive me.

"Molly!" I call from the couch.

"What?"

"Bring me another shot." I tell her and she smiles.

(Hessa or Tressa?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790M 9.4M 99
The passionate story of Tessa and Hardin continues as family secrets, deep betrayals, and career opportunities threaten to tear them apart.
2.8K 55 15
Sequel to You Want Me. I suggest reading You Want Me before but you don't have to.
410 32 12
They say if you love something, let it go and if it comes back its yours. What if when it comes back it isn't what you expected? Friendships reunite...
153K 5K 14
The Sequel to When Hate Turns To Love. Follow Niall and Kaylee's story deeper through all the drama and happiness as they try to have a normal life w...