The Mobster's Daughter

De Katrena-Faddis

Nikki is a mobster's daughter and that was never a problem until she turns 4 and her father is killed. Now sh... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter One-
Chapter Two-
Chapter Three-
Chapter Four-
Authors note:
Chapter Five-
Chapter Six-
Chapter Seven-
Chapter Eight-
Chapter Nine-
Chapter Ten-
Chapter Eleven-
Chapter Twelve-
Author's note-
Chapter Thrirteen-
Chapter Fourteen-
Chapter Fifteen-
Chapter Sixteen-
Chapter Seventeen-
Chapter Eighteen-
Chapter Nineteen-
Changer Twenty-
Chapter Twenty One-
Chapter Twenty Two-
Chapter Twenty Three-
Chapter Twenty Four-
Chapter Twenty Five-
Chapter Twenty Six-
Chapter Twenty Seven-
Chapter Twenty Eight-
Chapter Twenty Nine-
Chapter Thirty One-
Chapter Thirty Two-
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty Four-
Chapter Thirty Five-
Chapter Thirty Six-
Chapter Thirty Seven-
Chapter Thirty Eight-
Chapter Thirty Nine -
Epilogue -
The Mobster's Wife-
Last update for this story!

Chapter Thirty-

422 24 3
De Katrena-Faddis

Thank you so much for all of the views!!!! My story is up to 11.4k! Thank you so much for reading my story, for voting and for commenting! The reason I write is for you guys. This chapter will be filled with just a few surprises and it tends to switch p.o.v.'s really often and I didn't realize that until I was done writing it.

Above is their entertainment room.
Love,
   Katrena_Faddis
-------------------------------------------------------------
Theo's p.o.v.-

           I had just barley sent Nikki into the entertainment room when I heard a blood curling scream.

           I dropped everything in my hands and ran to where she was. I found her standing frozen with one hand covering her mouth and the other holding her stomach. On the wall in front of her written in dark red paint it said "You better watch your back, no one around you is safe"

         I could tell how badly this had shaken her up. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her shaking body. "Come with me." I brought her upstairs and had her sit down on the bed. "Are you okay to sit here by yourself while I get the guards?"

        She slowly nodded her head. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and left her alone in the bedroom.

         I made my way over the guards cabin that wasn't that far away from ours. I burst inside, letting the door slam against the wall loudly. "What the hell!" I shouted loudly. "You are here to do your job, my wife just walked into the family room to find a threatening message written on the wall. How the hell did it get there if you guys are doing your job?"

          All the guards stood there with shocked expressions on their faces. Finally one stepped forward. "I know that you see this as a danger to your wife, but I promise you that I will not let something like this happen again."

          He was older, probably around the age of my father. Something about how he said it made me know he was sincere on his promise.

          "You understand that now if anything happens I am holding you accountable." I said looking directly into his eyes. Gramps always said this is the first way to know if someone is scared is how long they can hold your stare. The longer they hold, the less scared they are.

        Instead of cowering away, he stood strong and never shifted his eyes from mine. "I completely understand, sir. You are placing your wife's safety in our hands, as a married man myself I understand how scared you must have been to see her in that state of shock. I am promising to you that we will do everything in our power to insure that she is safe and that nothing like this will ever happen again."

          I nodded harshly and made my way back to the door, slamming in loudly behind me as I walked away.

           If anything like this happens again those men will have serious hell to pay.

            When I made it back into the house I walked around locking every door and window. I started walking upstairs when suddenly I heard a heart wrenching sob and suddenly it was as if I had no control over my body as I began sprinting up the stairs taking them two at a time.

        I found Nikki sitting on the bed in the exact same position that I had left her. I rushed over to her and placed my hands on both sides of her face making her look at me. "You are not placing anyone in more danger then they already were in." She tried to pull her face away from mine, but I held onto her tightly. "Don't you dare go thinking that this is your fault! Because it's not. It's not your fault this person has targeted you, just as it wasn't your father's fault that this guy targeted him. Sometimes we just can't have control even when we wish we could."

       I heard a soft sigh leave her lips. "But what if it is? What is this whole thing is my fault, or was my father's fault? Then what?" She shoved my hands away from her face. "Then it's our fault that the world around us is crumbling down."

          I could feel my anger at her words, how can she be so okay with living in fear. "You can't base everything in life on the what if's. That will one day get you killed. I can't have my wife, the wife of a mobster, walking around being afraid of the what if's." I leaned in close, but continued to keep my voice harsh. "Either shape up or get out. I am already trying to keep hundreds of people in order, I don't need my own wife making me look weak."

      I walked quickly to the door and slammed it behind me, just as I did at the guards home.

                                  ***
Nikki's p.o.v.-

       I watched him walk out and slammed the door behind him.

        I could feel my heartbreaking, he had spoken to me rudely before, but never like this.

         Never so rough.

       "Never put others onto a high pedestal, that way they can never disappoint you." The book The End of Summer, has always been one of my favorite books, the words often go through my mind when things like this happen with Theo.

        In that moment I knew that I had done just that. I had placed Theo on a high petestal, knowing that he could hurt me, knowing that he would hurt me.

       "I allowed him to hurt me." I said softly to myself.

      With that I raced over to the door and turned the small lock to keep him out.

       I shut off the light and jumped into the bed, I rearranged the pillows around me to create a sort of lump beside me. If I cuddle up against that it will feel like Theo is in the bed beside me.

      I quickly changed into one of the dreadfully revealing nightgowns and laid down resting my head against the pillow Theo.

         "Lord, I pray this works." I say to myself as I close my eyes.

                                ***
Theo's p.o.v.-

        It was well past when Nikki would normally go to bed, yet I still couldn't bring myself to go upstairs. After I had yelled at her I washed down the wall and had successfully completed in erasing the words. Afterwards I had taken to a bottle or Jack Daniel's whisky that I had found in the pantry.

       I looked up at the clock again watching as the seconds hand quickly circled around and around, until I had been watching the clock for five minutes. I knew that I had to go upstairs to Nikki, I also knew that the longer she is away from me the harder it would be for her to calm down once I did manage to wake her up.

       I am yet to understand how that worked, maybe I am just not supposed to understand it. How did my being there change how she slept, also how good of a sleep she gets. She was able to sleep so much better in my arms.

       I finally was able to pull myself together enough to place the bottle of whiskey inside the pantry and make my way up the stairs, with each door that I passed I could just imagine the children that could one day be sleeping inside each room.

         The children Nikki and I will one day have.

         I made my way to the door and placed my head against the door, but heard no sounds. I tried the lock, but it didn't move. Next I softly knocked on the door. "Nikki?" When she didn't answer I knocked a little harder. "Nikki, please let me inside."

        I could then hear her move around, but she still didn't open the door or make a noise. I leaned my head against the door, feeling the effects of the alcohol. "Nikki, will you please open the door for me?"

          I could hear her moving around in the bedroom, then I saw the light come on from under the door. "Why should I let you in?"

          The expression on my face was one of pure shock. Why wouldn't she let me in? "Because you have nightmares, and I need to be with you to stop them. Please unlock the door and let me inside." I reached out to try the lock again, but it still refused to budge.

          "I can't do that." She said harshly and in a matter-of-fact tone.

          "Why can't you do that?" I asked while sitting down on the floor, leaning my back against the door.

          "Because like you said, you can't have a weak wife. This is one of the ways I am weak, once I can fall and stay asleep by myself then I no longer will have to rely on you being there." She explained. "This way you will be able to come and go whenever the mob needs you. And I will also not need to rely on you for everything."

        I could actually hear the emptiness that her words held. She had actually believed my words, believed the lies I had told in the heat of the moment.

        "Nikki, I-" I started, but she cut me short.

         "I get it. You can't have a weak wife, the weaker I am the weaker you look. A mobster can't have that image behind him, he needs someone strong at his side and I need to learn how to be strong." I saw the light being turned off. "I need to be strong."

-------------------------------------------------------------Can I just say ouch! I didn't mean for that to come out so harshly, but I kinda love how it ended. I feel as though it was time that Nikki found her fight. Please tell me your thoughts and/or feelings on this chapter, I would love to hear them! BTW this chapter ended at 1689 words.

Love,
    Katrena-Faddis

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

102 49 14
This is a story that unfolds as you read it. It revolves around a girl named Bella Hart whose father steals from the notorious mafia leader, Daniel P...
1.3K 44 42
Anna's father is a mafia leader, she has been trained her entire life to be able to defend herself. Marcus is the leader of another mafia Familia. An...
201K 12.6K 50
"The less you know about the family business, the safer you will be." The small coastal town of adel Mare had three simple rules for the notoriously...
727 84 37
How far are you willing to go for revenge? When Adina's mom is murdered she is determined to solve the case on her own. Coincidentally she happens to...