The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)

By Jaee_101

Zaria is young girl with big dreams. Beginning her senior year in high school, she has to balance graduation... More

Cast Call.
My Typical Morning
The Day Goes On.
The Day Goes On Pt.2
"Relationship Status" P.1
Meet up.
Relationship Status Pt.2
Relationship Status Pt.3
FML
After The Fact .
After School Ends
Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)
Friends Pt. I
Friends (Part II)
New Beginning
Fired?
It's Over
It's Over (Part II)
The Name Game.
Run Away .
Run Away Pt.II
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A Small Piece Of Rebellion
Z's Rebellion
Fairy Godmother.
Suspicious Behavior
Making It Official Pt.1
Strike One
Suspicions
I Got Chu
Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)
Mall and Chill (Dewayne's Pov)
A New Outlook
Click Out
Caught
The Invite
Crunch Time
Busted
What Happens now?
Reconcile
The Dilemma.
First Day on the Job
Ugly Truths.
A/N (Not an Update)
Business And Such.
Date Night Pt.I
Startin Somethin' (Date Night Part II)
Before I Release This New Update..
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections (Part II)
Guess Who? (Pt I)
Guess Who (Part II)
Conclusion to the Beginning.
Conclusion to the Beginning Pt.II
A Slight Shift
Trying Again
Trying Again Pt. II
Let's Go
Old Memories Equals New Ideas
The Start of Big Things
Start of Big Things Pt.2
Catch up
Catch Up Pt.2
Game Day
I'm Glad You Came
Whoa.
Calculations
Calculations Pt.2
NEW NEW (A/N)
Out My House!
I'm Right Here
The Day Off Pt. 1
Meanwhile...
A Simple Conversation
What Goes Around...On the Other Side
Pressed
So About Tonight...
The Preparation
Something About The Night (Pt.1)
A/N & Face Reveal
Something About The Night (Pt.2)
Back to the Norm

Dinner?

51.8K 1.9K 314
By Jaee_101

(Restaurant in media - it actually is one the nicer restaurants in Houston)

Narrator's Pov

A look of shock settled over Zaria's features. As long as she been in high school she had never gt invited to any of the basketball players party. She got invited to parties relating to the game but never something as personal as birthday party, excluding her best friends. She wondered how all of sudden she was be sitting here and being invited first hand. Crazy the way things had changed.

She wondered if it would be her place to go to something so special, given that she knew once Tracey seen her it would be some automatic drama.

Zaria's Pov.

Should I go?

"I'm not sure if that would be a good idea." I said not even bothering to keep the uneasiness out of my voice.

"Why not? Dewayne asked for you to come so evidently he wants you there. Plus, I reallllly don't want to be stuck with him and OTHER people. " Tre said with unconcealed annoyance in his voice.

"Facts. " Dev said " And you won't be by yourself you'll have your bestfriends with you. All it is a nice dinner. There won't be any drama with you coming, trust me. And today I believe with all my boy is going through, he needs genuine friends around him."

"Come on Zaria I mean you were personally invited and it's his birthday! It's not like you are dropping in unannounced . And guh why would ever pass up free food?" Stacey replied.

She does have a point.

"Foreal like the opportunity to go somewhere, eat without having to cook or wash dishes is like heaven on earth ." Candace said dreamily.

I glanced over at the front of the classroom where I saw Tracey texting away on her phone. I looked to the seat next to her where Dewayne sat and noticed it was empty. Where is he?

I scan the whole classroom still unable to find him. Just as I was getting worried, the door to class opened and he walked in . His whole stance was rigid just as it had been for the past few days.

We locked eyes. His normal clear green eyes were clouded and a darken tint. As he strode across the room I felt time stop. His normal relaxed nature seemed to be absent. It was replaced with a harden glare and rigid posture. For a moment I thought he was going to sit back in his seat but got his backpack ignoring Tracey's pleas and came to sat in the chair in the middle of Dev and Tre.

Even when we stopped moving, our eyes were still trained on each other. I felt an emotion stir up in my stomach and my cheeks heated so I looked down at the paper on my desk.

"You idiot, say something to him!" my subconscious screamed, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I felt someone staring daggers at me and I knew i was probably Tracey.

When I looked back up, everyone in the group smirking at us. Dev and Tre had kool-aid smiles. Still feeling the blush on my cheeks I hoped someone broke the silence before I do anything stupid.

"You straight?" Dev asked Dewayne with a smile plastered on his face.

Dewayne broke eye contact to focus his attention on Devon. I felt my heart skip a beat when a slow smile took over his features. "Yea I'm straight." He said sounding almost like normal self.

"Are you sure? " I said, finally after what seemed like forever finding my voice.

"I'm positive. Besides, it's a young nigga's birthday, I'm just tryna make the most of it."He said shrugging.

"Speaking of your birthday, I was just telling them about that dinner you planned." Dev said proudly.

"Y'all coming out or what?" Wayne said asked looking at us expectantly.

"Hell yea! I'll be there bringing my appetite. " Stacey said excitedly. Candace and I giggled.

Candace nodded her head, earning a big goofy smile from Tre.

And everyone looked at me. " I'll go as long as I am invited. " I said finally, pushing all doubt out my head.

"I thought I might of had to pay yo ass to come." I heard Stacey whisper loudly making me smack my lips.

It was Dewayne's turn to smirk, "Of course you're invited, I wouldn't have it any other way. It will start around 6. Y'all should have plenty on time to dress up. It's gon be pretty laid back so you don't need a ball gown or some shit, but it is a nice restaurant." he said simply, "Z I'll text you the location so y'all can know exactly where it is." He said glancing at me again.

"Okay." I said simply sending him a small smile.

He chuckled, before pulling out his phone.

Dev decided to add in his extra, bold opinion. "I'm glad we only gon have a few folks coming out. Because some people don't understand there a fine line between class and overdoing shit. And don't order no 1000$ steaks and except somebody to pay for you. Nigga we black you better take yo' I was booooorn by the riva' head ass in there and get to sweeping them floors. " he said making us all laugh.

We just sat there and finished up our work when the bell rung signally the end of the day.

Me, Candy and Stace all hugged the boys telling them we would see them later. When I hugged Dewayne he said, "Don't make have to come find you hiding somewhere on the other side of town. I wanna see you there. Iight?" he said seriously.

I blushed because part of me was thinking of using fleeing as a second option. " Yes sir." I said playfully.

He just shook his head.

But a thought hit me. Should I get him a present?????

"Okay so are we all getting ready together or what?" Candy asked as we walked into the parking lot.

"Man I wish, but I kind of don't have an outfit for tonight yet soo, after I go pick up my check I'm going probably run to the Fashion house by Greenspoint to find an outfit."
Stace got in her car and decided to go to her house and get dressed for tonight. "I love y'all! Just text me the address and I'll meet y'all there." She said before driving off.

Me and Candy decided to just get dressed at my place.

We get out the car and head up to my loft. I finally got my sectional and had it set up in the living room. As soon as I unlocked the door Candace ran in and plotted on the chair. "I don't think I could every get used to you livng here." she said happily.

"I don't think I will be able to either. But now that I think about what are you gonna wear?" I questioned.

She just smiled went upstairs into my room. I followed behind, curious. She walked into my closet and just as I was about to tell her we weren't the same size, she pulled out the bag she had left here yesterday.

"Always keep clothing at your bestfrans house for emergencies. " She chirped happily pulling out a mocha colored strapless bodycon dress and some heels.

I just shook my head. " Damn I got got the place now you already leaving stuff here like, can I get settled first. "

"Mhm. Sure you can and by then , me and Stace will be spending the might faithfully." she said matter of factly.

She grabbed her other Victoria Secret bag and gave me pleading look. "Can I pwease use your shower first.?" she asked in a baby voice. Even though I had the guest bathroom, my shower was closer.

"Sure. That way I can start on homework and get caught up on Scandal. ' I said.

"Yay!!!! I won't take that long because I want to help you pick the perfect outfit." she said hppily before rushing into the bathroom and shutting the door.

I sat in my chair and pulled out my math binder. But when I went to grab it a paper flew out. It was an unfinished drawing . Then all of a sudden a light bulb went off in my head and I decided I would finish it and give to Dewayne. I mentioned that I sketch from time to time before and he said he wanted to see my next piece.

As I heard Candy singing a slightly off- key redemption of Persian Rugs the Quemix , I pulled out my pencil and finished my drawing. I hope he likes it..

After some time passed, Candy came strolling out the bathroom with her dress on . It hugged her figure so nicely.

She carried herself with confidence and there was no doubting why, it was simply because she had the body for it.

"Okay you turn to cleanse yourself," she began in a very bad British-accent, " When you finish and you leave the chambers, there will be set of garments waiting on you. Off along you go, chop, chop."

I knew if I said no I would end up getting argued down. But since I was beginning to get nervous and still had no idea what I wanted to wear, I knew she would help me save time. I grabbed my stuff and went to go take a blissful, stress-relieving shower.

*45 minutes later*

I hopped out the shower smelling like strawberries and cream. I put on my underwear and bra, lotioned up and brushed my teeth. I looked at my wet and slicked down hair. It clung wet and untamed down my back. I decided I wanted to straighten it.

I applied some heat protection as well as some straightener to speed up the process. About 30 minutes later I had just finished straightening up my hair when I heard a knock o the bathroom door.

"Zbear Dewayne texted you." Candy sung from the other side of the door. I checked the time it was 4:30. Okay time to get dressed.

I quickly rushed out the bathroom and into my room where I saw Candy putting on some eyeliner and lashes. I grabbed my phone and forwarded Stace the address so she could meet us. I saw the outfit on the bed a got a little self conscious. It was a black mesh crop top, and a black high waisted maxi skirt with a side slit. Hesitantly, I slid into the skirt. It was a little snug in my hips and thighs area but it was a comfortable fabric. I slipped on the shirt and put on my heels. Finally, I sprayed some "Moonlight Path " body mist on me.

I looked myself over in the mirror. It's felt to be dressed up like this, I just hope I don't look too bad.

I heard Candy whistle behind me "Damn ma you look fine as hell. I knew that would be perfect," she said, looking over me with approval, "But come on curls and eyeliner awaits." she said going into the bathroom.

-----

We walk into the living room around 5:20 and I feel my curls bounce as I walked. I am not gonna lie I felt overall cute. And my bestfrand was looking fly with her curls and bomb ass lipstick.

"Come on chica we don't wanna be late." she said grabbing her purse and keys. I made sure I grabbed my bag, phone, and most importantly his gift.

We left and made our way to the restaurant. Nerves settled in my stomach. I was so nervous of what could happen tonight. I just have a feeling is about to go down .

"Let's go before you get to scared and run off somewhere. " Candy joked.

I swallowed hard and followed her. We walked into the restaurant. It was beautiful and upscale the opposite of what I would have expected. I saw Stacey sitting at a table by the elevator. She heard the clack of our heels and looked our direction she smiled and got up. Man she looked bomb too.

She hugged us both and her eyes got big when she saw me "Wow you look bomb aaf girl . Thickness in full effect." she said happily .

"I could say the same to you." I said laughing. We took the elevator since the dinner is on the middle floor.

"Are you sure you aren't gon turn and run away." Stacey said jokingly.

I shook my head no but felt my stomach doing somersaults. We went up to our floor only and began walking towards the room . As soon as we walked in we were met by a very pissed off looking Tracey.

Oh lord here we go.

----

TBC.

Okay guys sorry for the cliffy, but I wated to separate the two since the next chapter is very important. Be sure to vote , comment, and share. I love you guys . ;* thanks for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 5.3K 15
Ray's world comes crashing down at the young age of 16. Her brother, her protector, gone. Shot and killed. Her mother, her bestfriend. Gone loosing h...
644K 24.1K 67
"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "Talk down on yourself. Every time you get frustrated with yourself you resort to talking bad about yourself." "Thos...
1.2K 14 12
Dreams a party animal to say the least, a wild card, someone that's always down for whatever whenever. But she's also the queen of getting her get ba...
483 68 24
Troy Myers has known Steven Moran since they were kids in elementary school. However, the two part ways when they graduate, and she doesn't see him a...