Senior Trip

By Geek_Goddess

Harry Styles and Jade Thirlwall have been best friends since their Freshman year at Blackwood Pines, and a co... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 1

408 10 3
By Geek_Goddess

The bell rang signalling all of the kids to head to their next destination for the day, throughout the halls of Blackwood Heights High School. Harry made his way to the cafeteria and through the line in order to obtain his lunch for the day, and made his way to the lunch table his friends normally occupied. He set his tray on the table and took his seat in front of his little sister, "I can not wait until this day is over with," Bella sighed out and continued to pick at her own food while her brother got as comfortable as he could get in those god awful metal school chairs.

"Rough day?" Harry chuckled as he leaned back in his chair and began to open his string cheese.

"Some people just need to grow up, that's all," Bella rolled her eyes and finally took a bite out of her cheeseburger. She took a drink of her water and sighed, "The dean claims that their is a zero-tolerance for bullying, yet they always defend the bully and make the victim feel like it is all their fault. I just, I don't know and I don't get it and I don't like it." Bella semi-ranted and sighed. Before Harry could ask her what the specific situation was that she was talking about, the tardy bell rang and signaled for all the students to either be in the cafeteria or in their respective classes. Bella grabbed her phone and placed all of her attention into scrolling through Twitter to see what her favorite celebrities were up to today. Harry sighed and scanned the rest of the table. He saw all of his friends in their usual seats except for one seat right next to him,

"Where is Jade?" He asked.

"You didn't hear?" Bella asked as she placed her phone on the table and sat up in her seat, fixing her posture unlike her brother. "That is why I went on my tirade about the Dean favoring the bully. The town bully accused her of cheating on a test, so she was pulled out of our class and questioned by the principle. They took her to the office and she has been in their for the last forty-five minutes. I bet they gave her an anxiety attack, which caused her to cry and they had to comfort her. It doesn't look good on Principle Evans if a young girl walks out of his office crying," Bella rolled her eyes before she continued, "but they didn't say anything when she was getting picked on before class."

"What do you mean? What happened before class?" Harry asked concerned.

"The usual," Bella sighed, "Jessica was picking on Jade and threw her books on the ground in the hallway near the lockers, but the dean didn't do anything about it. The second Jessica fakes an accusation like 'Jade cheated on her test,' the dean rushes to her aide." Bella took a few bites from her cheeseburger and another drink of her water.

"I wish she would just stop messing with Jade," he shook his head and clenched his jaw. "Things have been rocky between Jade and I since she moved into town a few months ago. She keeps trying to convince Jade that I have the hots for her." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Do you?" Bella raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"Absolutely fucking not." Harry took a bite out of his sandwich angrily. Harry believed that Jessica was hot, there was no doubt there, but he found the bond with Jade to be someone that could never be replaced or replicated. Jade was Harry's best friend since Freshman year from when he was nerdy and was bullied everyday, to when he became the bad boy at school that no one dared messed with. The thought of someone messing with her and bullying her with no consequences, was boiling his blood. He took a few deep breaths and began to ponder as Jessica made her way through the cafeteria to her table, late. She was wearing black boots, skinny jeans, a white shirt with a pink lace jacket on ask she strutted through the cafeteria to her table. She was the typical popular girl who would ignore everyone's existence unless you were part of her crew, or served a purpose for her. She didn't come from the richest family, but she knew how to take care of herself. Most of the time, she was blatantly disrespectful towards her peers and authority but due to her overwhelming popularity and involvement in most of the extra-curricular activities around school, she was untouchable. Harry's thoughts were clouded with all of the arguments he and Jade had over the new girl, and at the end of the day, it hurt Harry knowing how insecure Jessica made Jade feel - especially since Jade was the shining star of his show. However, his thoughts were broken in regards to the school bully when the school beauty made her entrance.

Jade walked over to the group and sat next to Harry with her lunch in hand. She sat her food in front of her on the table, but she couldn't work up the strength to eat it after the lecture she was given in the office. Harry analyzed her face and knew she had been in the girls washroom crying her eyes out over something she didn't do. He placed a comforting arm around her back and rested it on the back of her chair. Jade's eyes were red and puffy, matching her pale skin tone and depressed demeanor. "Are you alright, love?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"No," Jade whispered and sniffled, "but I will be."

"What happened?" Bella asked concerned.

"the principle lectured me on how cheating and plagiarism is against school policy. I tried to tell him it was a lie and Jess was the one who cheated, but he took Jessica's side and now I have to write an essay on why what I did was wrong," Jade rolled her eyes, "Jessica wasn't punished for cheating at all. If anything, she was given a pat on the back for getting away with it."

"That really pisses me off," Harry's jaw clenched and he picked at his food.

"It's fine, Hazza," Jade sighed, "I'm used to this kind of treatment. Freshman year, remember?" She chuckled lowly.

"I remember Freshman year; why do you think I'm so persistent on protecting you? You have to start standing up for yourself, babe. I can knock Michael's lights out for you behalf, but I can't touch Jessica." He half joked, bringing up Jessica's boyfriend. Michael was the president of the student council and a shooin' for valedictorian.

"Actually you could, it just wouldn't be in the same context th-" Bella was cut off by a slightly tempered Harry,

"Shut up, Bella," he rolled his eyes.

"I tried, but I can't win against her." Jade bowed her head and closed her eyes, "Can we please move on?" she sighed.

"Fine, but only for now." Harry points out.

"On that note, are you guys excited about spring break?" Bella pointed out which spiralled a conversations amongst the table, but Jade just remained quiet.

"Why haven't you dug into your lunch pale?" Harry asked softly, whispering so no one else hears.

"I'm not in the mood to eat at the moment." She put her hands on her lap and played with the bracelet on her wrist.

"I know, but you still need to eat, love." Harry stated and unzipped her lunch pale, releasing the items inside. Jade gave a ghost of smile, and Harry could tell that he was going to have to knock down some pretty heavy walls to get to the truth. There was something wrong; something bigger than the Jessica problem, and Harry was going to find out what.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jade sat in her assigned seat for her last class of the day; English. The teacher began to lecture the class on how the last 9 weeks of school will be after Spring Break, and reminded the class how important it was to apply for scholarships and finally settle on a few colleges they would like to attend. Ms. Madsen was very consistent on preventing senioritis, but it was inevitable. Once the lecture was completed, she encouraged the class to read form their respective books until the bell rang.

Jade absolutely loved reading, and she jumped on the opportunity to continue the book she was immersed in at the moment: The Darkest Minds. It was a beautifully written story that began an incredible trilogy. This particular book was about a girl named Ruby who was sent to a Camp Thurmond when she was only 10 years old, she is now 16. It followed her story which included special powers, abuse, and friendship along the way. While reading Ruby's intriguing story, Jade couldn't help but identify with her throughout her journey. It was overall a story about a scared and frightened girl slowly turning into a warrior - turning into her own hero. Along the way she gained a love interest named Liam who reminded her a lot of Harry - he was fiercely protective over the people he loved. Jade was getting to the climax of the book when she was passed a folded up piece of paper, placed on her desk. She looked around to see who would have passed her the note and saw Jessica in the back corner, smirking while she twirled her hair. Jade took a the note and unfolded it slowly - she alreayd had an idea of what it said.

"Hey Jade. That was a very lovely effort you made in the principles office earlier. I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way that I'm untouchable. If you would have just asked me, I would have said 'don't even try.' We are going to have so much fun together on the senior trip ;) xoxo - Jessica Styles."

Jade sighed a bit out of relief, as she had thought the words would be more vile. She bit her bottom lip while reading the signature - Jessica knew exactly where to hit her where it would hurt the most: her friends. Jade was a very insecure person, especially when it came to her friends and loved ones. She was always worried that she will say the wrong thing and cause her friends to either stop talking to her or avoid her altogether. The bell rang which indicated that school was over. Jade stood up and walked out of the classroom and towards her locker. Jade's journey to her locker was halted when Jessica bumped into her and caused her to drop her books in the middle of the hallway. Jessica continued to walk to her locker with her newly made friends: Hannah and Beth Washington. Jade sighed as she knelt down to retrieve her books and she reached for her English book but someone beat her to it. 

Jade's POV:

 I look across to be met with dark, chocolate brown eyes: Theo James. He was one of Harry's best friends but I wasn't too fond of him. He was the one to enlighten Harry on becoming a Ladies man and loving the attention for other women. He's been trying to convince Harry that he's allowed to see AND touch other girls as long as I don't know about it which makes me question Theo's relationship with Bella. I just hope that Harry hasn't been listening to him. "Here," He handed me my book.

"Thank you but I don't need your help, Theo. I could have picked it up myself." I stood up, trying to gain a since of confidence.

"Well, then next time I won't help." He smirked before walking away into the crowd. I walked over to my locker to find Harry already standing next to it.

"What took you so long, babe?"

"Nothing, I just had to talk to Ms. Johnson about something," I lied. If I told Harry what really happened, he would do something he would regret. I placed my books in my book bag, placed it on my shoulder and shut my locker. Harry held his hand out for me to take, which I gladly did. We walked to the student parking lot and got into his Range Rover.

"Are you excited for the trip?" Harry said, trying to sparking a conversation.

"Of course, I could use a break from studying and tests." I half smiled. I was happy for the trip, I really was, but I was having a bad day and I just wanted to go home.

"It's a well deserved break, especially for you. You've been working your ass off to get straight A's," I cringed at his curse world and he noticed. "I'm sorry, I know you hate it when I cuss, but it's true. You deserve this, Jade." He looked at me at the stop sign with sincerity in his eyes.

"We both do." I said while he began to drive again. He pulled into my drive way and I turned towards him, taking my seat belt off. "Are you coming over for dinner?" He usually comes over for dinner every other Friday and I eat as his house the Friday's he doesn't eat at mine.

"Of course. I might be a little late because my mom wants to make sure I get every single thing I need packed tonight so we don't have to worry about it Monday morning."

"Ok," I smiled, "I'll see you later." He smiled with his signature dimply smile and kissed me gently. I got out of his car and walked up to my front door. He made sure I was in the house before he drove off.

I walked upstairs to my room and placed my book bag in the corner. "I won't have to worry about you for the next week." I said with a smile. I went through my closet and started to pack some clothes that would be stylish yet comfortable on the Senior trip. I made sure to pack all of my Disney stuff because after all, our trip was to Disney World!

After I was done packing my clothes, I packed my traveling tooth brush and tooth paste. I finished off packing with a few things that I didn't necessarily need but I wanted. When I was finished, I looked at the clock to see that it was only 5 so I had a couple more hours to kill.

I laid on my bed and began to scroll through my phone. I liked a few posts on Facebook, saved a few pictures from Tumblr, Snapchatted Leigh-Anne, and loved a few pictures on Instagram. I killed an hour just on social media until I received a text from Perrie

Pez!

Hey Jadie! How is packing come along! This trip is going to be so fun. I'm hoping to find me some new man candy after Zayn broke up with me. I heard something happened at school today, you ok?

I smiled as I read her text. Perrie was one of those friends that will cheer you up whenever you're down even if she's in a bad mood. She just lights up a room when she walks through the door while I am the kind of girl to walk into the door.

Me

Great! I just finished packing but I might put in a few things before Monday. Don't worry, we will get you a hunk and Zayn is going to wish he never broke your heart ;) Yea, Kendall problems but I'm alright now. Can't wait to go to Disney!

Pez!

Me neither!!! Leigh-Anne and I are wanting a picture with Mickey and all the other Disney Characters!

Me:

Me too! I'm kind of going through a Beauty and the Beast phase so I really want a picture with Belle, Beast, and Gaston!

Pez!

OMG! Phase??? Honey, You made Harry be Beast for Halloween so you could be Belle! I am pretty sure it has been longer than a phase. Haha!

Me:

Lol. Maybe, I just can't betray Aladdin and Jasmine. Jasmine is my favorite.

Pez!

Well, Belle is a very close second.

Me:

Lol!

Pez!

Speaking of Harry, What did you wanna tell me?

I bit my lip at her text. I have been wanting to talk to her about my dilemma for a few days now but I've been so shy and timid, it's a pretty personal conversation to have but I trust Perrie.

Me:

Well, I wanted to run an idea by you but I'm not sure anymore. Harry and I have been dating for about 3 years now and I...well...I kind of want to make Prom Night THE night...but I'm not sure. I love Harry so much, and I feel like intimacy is the next step but I don't know If I'm still going to be his girlfriend by then. Theo has been putting ideas in his head and I have a feeling that Harry...I have a feeling Harry won't be a virgin by the time I'm ready to give him my V-Card.

Pez!

That is an absolutely beautiful idea, Jade! So you are afraid he will cheat on you? I don't think Harry would do that, sweetie.

Me:

It's just...Harry and I were completely fine before Kendall started going here. I feel like he has the hots for her and if he were to ask her, I know for a fact that she wouldn't deny him just to spite me.

Pez!

Do you want me to talk to Harry? See if he does have the hots for her?

Me:

No, he will know somethings up if you ask. It has to be one of his guy friends; someone he thinks won't tell me...

Pez!

I know the perfect guy!

Me:

Who?

Pez!

Niall!

Me:

Pez, you are a genius.

Pez!

I know. I gotta pack. Ttyl! xx

Me:

Ttyl xx

I smiled as I looked at the time. I put my phone on the charger and stood up, making my way to the hallway and the staircase. I walked downstairs and into the dining room. My mom had dinner ready and my dad was at the dinner table...but no sign of Harry. I sat in my usual spot and my mom placed food on the table. "Where is Harry, dear?" My mom asked.

"His mom wanted him to pack. He said he might be a little late." I smiled at her as I started to eat. 15 minutes passed until the doorbell rang and my nerves settled. "I'll get it." I smiled, stood up and walked to the door to open it. I looked at Harry and something was off;there was something wrong. He had his head down while his hands in his pockets, he refused to meet my gaze. "Is everything ok?"

"Uh...uhm...Do your parents mind if I crash here tonight? I'll sleep on the couch or the floor. Anything." His voice cracked.

"Come in." I moved and he walked in. I shut the door, turned around and he instantly clung to me, pulling me into his embrace. I was surprised at the gesture but I didn't resist as I hugged him back, rubbing his back. I heard sniffles on my shoulder and that's when I connected the dots; he had been crying. I walked him to the dining room and he sat next to me. My mom went into the kitchen and I followed her. "Hey, mom. Is it alright if Haz stays the night? He said he would sleep on the couch or flo-" she cut me off, gently.

"Of course he can stay. If you want, he can sleep in your room with you. I trust you, Jade. I know you two wouldn't do anything." She smiled weakly.

"Do you know what is going on?" I knew there had to be a reason. My mom wouldn't just let him stay here without an explanation or rules.

"Yes, I know why he is here but I think that is something Harry should share with you. Gemma, Bella and Anne are staying at a Hotel, that is all I'm going to tell you. Harry will tell you the rest, sweetheart." She kissed my forehead and had a look of sympathy that made me worry more. She walked into the dining room and gave Harry his food. She told him he could stay as long as he needed to. I walked back in and sat next to my boyfriend. He had a red rim around his eyes and they were puffy. He ate slowly. I did as well.

After dinner, I helped clean up and walked to my room with Harry. "Just..stay here, ok?" He nodded confusingly and I walked to the bathroom then closed the door. I looked at myself in the mirror for a while...Not liking what I saw.

I have been feeling very insecure, as I thought about before in my English class. As much as we shouldn't, we always compare ourselves to other and I found myself comparing to others. My mind drifted to Kendall and I began comparing myself to her.

She is skinnier than you.

Her hair is silkier than yours.

Her legs are longer.

Nasty thoughts, running through my mind. I bit my lip and knelt down near the toilet. I started to throw up what I hand just eaten. A month ago, I would have never felt the urge to do this kind of thing. I was healthy except for one habit. I tried to keep my habit a secret, no one ever found out except for Perrie when she found my razor. As far as she knows, I am a year clean and it is going to stay that way. I tape my razor under my sink; no one would ever think to look under there, but Cutting was something that I never thought was a big deal; I did it was 4 years so I've made it a habit. It never feels wrong... But throwing up my dinner did...

I never, ever had an eating disorder before. I would normally eat and then work out the next day. I never thought I would ever do this...I stood up and flushed the toilet. I looked into the mirror again and cleaned myself up. Harry had a lot on his plate already, he doesn't need to know about this or anything else.

I walked back to my room and found Harry looking through the channels to find something to watch. When he noticed me, he scooted over to the right side of my bed and patted the left side. I closed the door and laid next to him.

"I need to talk to you." Harry said, with tears beginning to form.

"I'm here for you, Hazza...Lets talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.9K 2.9K 58
Meet Jade Thirlwall, a simple girl yet a jolly person and a pro of being an introvert. She's been falling for Harry for years because there's just on...
34K 939 50
It's the last year for the seniors at Wormswood High and things change throughout the days of that one last year. Jade Thirlwall, aka the loser at sc...
4.7K 58 22
Harry Styles is the world most wanted young man. He is talented, hot and the fifth member of the hottest boy band sensation in the world. Harry is kn...
9.2K 443 20
What we had was amazing but he just left me for no reason. No reason but just for fame. 01/01/2019 - 15/09/2019 ( i sometimes edit soooooo don't judg...