Fight For Love (COMPLETE)

By Amour_douce_

She looked at me with eyes of pure sadness and hate, "So you knew this whole time, and you didn't say anythin... More

Chapter One: First Sight
Chapter Two: Meeting her
Chapter Three: Part One
Chapter Three: Part Two
Chapter Four: Something good
Chapter Five: Finding out more....
Chapter Six: Say what?...
Chapter Seven: Where they do that at???
Chapter Eight: Confessions...
Chapter Nine: Clearing things up...
Chapter Ten: Clearing things up...Part 2
Chapter Eleven: Momma Knows Best...
Chapter Twelve: Without You/Caught up...
Chapter Thirteen: Here We Are...
Chapter Fourteen: That's A Trip...
Chapter Fifteen: Who Are We?...
Chapter Sixteen: Judgement...
Chapter Eighteen: Outcomes...
Chapter Nineteen: A New Day...
Chapter Twenty: The Only Exception...
Chapter Twenty-One: Did You Hear About...?
Chapter Twenty-Two: No Justice, No Peace...
Chapter Twenty-Three: As A Matter Of Fact...
Chapter Twenty-Four: All In Time...
Chapter Twenty - Five: Almost Doesn't Count...
Chapter Twenty-Six: For Your Love....

Chapter Seventeen: Accusations

8.3K 342 46
By Amour_douce_

What's up Peeps!! Thanks so much for coming by to read a new chapter of my story :))) Short and to the point, you all wanted more...so here you go! This one may be short, but I know you'll enjoy it!

Here we go! Chapter Seventeen: Accusations....

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES...READ/COMMENT/VOTE

****************************************************************

JASON'S POV:

Scenes of my favorite show Law & Order kept running through my head as I sat in court. I thought about all the evidence that the lawyers always seemed to find to convict the sucka that did the crime. My case had some form of evidence too; at least that's what I was told. If my plea and case goes anyway like it does on television, I may be shit out of luck. Once again, I never thought I would be the one in this hot seat waiting for judgment and possible punishment. Then again, these past few months has been drama caused by other people in my life. But, I did do the crime; if that's what you want to call getting revenge on a nigga that deserved it...I had to do the time. All I know, Avery better get off his ass and work some magic because prison is not for me.

Judge Moorehouse continued to look over the documents that were placed on the podium by the baliff after he heard my plea. I mean damn, by the way and time this was going you would think I was on trial for hurting Greg's bitchass. Juge Moorehouse cleared his throat out loud, "Mr. Williams, the court has heard your plea, but as you know by national law, you are innocent until proven guilty. I have been told that you were arrested this past Friday evening and have spent over fourty-eight hours behind bars. That being said, let's get this show on the road so that a proper verdict can be given on your behalf." What the hell? Judge up there is already having too much fun on my behalf. Judge Moorehouse looked up and over at Greg's lawyer on his right, "Mr. Spade, where is your client?"

Spade stood up and fixed his suit and tie before speaking, he looked scared as hell, "Ummm yes Your Honor, he has chosen to decline this invitation. He stated that he fears his life at the hands of Mr. Williams. I will be representing him of course in his absence." I smirked at this stupidity. Both Greg and his dumbass lawyer could kiss my ass!

"Mr. Spade, we all know that you will represent him. You client has the right to decline this invitation, but it would have been best for him to attend, as he states he was harmed by Mr. Williams, he himself is his own evidence." He shook his head, "Mr. Williams is a vet of the Armed Services, who of course may have been trained to harm others to fight for our country's freedom. There are particular steps and evidence that is needed to accuse him of such a crime, as his punishment may be greater of less than civilians. Let's hope you and your client have a silent case." I heard my mom say, "good try" under her breath after the judge spoke. The judge turned back down to his documents.

Avery grabbed my arms, signaling me to lean my ear over to him. "Jason, you have a good chance here now. We both know what you did, but if the evidence is not valid, Spade is going to have to have one hell of a solid case to get you convicted. Just let me do most of the talking okay?" I nodded my head. Avery was one hell of a lawyer, who charged one hell of price. I didn't mind paying him what he was indeed worth. He would take care of business, he always does.

Avery stood to honor and face the judge, "Your Honor, as my client has plead guilty of the crime against Mr. Gregory Lawerence, we are interested in a bargain of anger management and community service if it is possible. We know that the defendent is a respectful citizen of this nation. This crime or assault as mentioned by Counsellor Spade, was out of his character, clearly can be seen as self defense for his own safety."

"Self defense? Counsellor Avery, no accusations or pretenses can be made at this time until we are able to hear and see all evidence. This should be quick, so you and defendant Williams should be able to have a clear verdict." Avery sat back down once he heard this. It seemed like he was too excited to make things happen. Man I hope I get off from his. The juge looked back over at Spade before speaking again, "Counsellor, I suggest you present the evidence on the your client's bebalf os that this can go as smoothly as possible."

Spade stood up again, "Yes Your Honor. The plaintiff would like to present evidence 256 to the court." He held out a VHS tape and handed it to the baliff he walked over to the desk where Spade was. He baliff then took the tape and handed it to the judge.

"Counsellor, who is evidence 256? Does it have a description at all?"

Spade looked confused for a moment before he spoke again..."Yes, yes Your Honor. The tape is the recording of defendant Williams and Mr. Lawerence near Jacksonville, Florida vacant loading dock where the attack on Mr. Lawerence took place. The VHS was taken from the state's officials office after Mr. Williams was arrested."

"Objection Your Honor!" Avery said as he stood up again, "Counsellor as no right to say that it is either Mr. Lawerence or Mr. Williams on this recording. Or that there was an attack on either until the court is able to properly see this taping."

"Sustained. Counsellor Spade, please tread lightly and in order." Spade cowarded under his command. "Baliff, please proceed in the playing of evidence 256 for the court please."

The baliff walked over to the court's television, which actually still had a VCR! I hadn't seen one of those in years, hell I'm sure that the court has had it for years too. The baliff pulled the tv and VCR over to corner of the court room. He turned on the television and VCR together. The VHS was then put inside..he pressed PLAY...and I began to pray.

There was static on the screen for about a minute, then a picture appeared. There was a still dark image in the middle of the screen standing near the loading dock. I guess that was Greg..then another figure appeared to the back and side of him...I guess that was my ass. The second figure moved closer and then you could both figured turn around to face each other. The quality was already bad on the recording, I knew I had a chance. My chance got even better when...yeah the tape stopped, froze, and begin to static again against the screen. The baliff took the tape out and tried to make it work again, but the same continued to happen, stop, freeze, and static over and over. Just like that, no evidence was found. The baliff finally turned the tape off and walked back to his post.

Judge Moorehourse looked at Spade, "Counsellor Spade, it looks like you have no evidence. Without your client being here to testify or at least show his injuries, we have nothing to hold against Mr. Williams but hearsay." He then turns to face me and Avery, "Defendant Williams, as you can see, what have nothing to hold you for this case. I do apologize that you had to spend time behind this jail's bars." I shook my head, "Now Mr. Williams, according to previous medical records and testamony by an anonymous source, the court does acknowledge that you were shot by Mr. Lawerence himself. We all the evidence for that in your case. The charge placed against you for the harm of Mr. Lawerence will be charged as self defense. Remember to thank your sources and be careful at all times." I smiled at the judge, but I did see him smile and nod past me. Was he looking at my mom? I turned aroud to face her and she was indeed looking his way. Well then, I guess I knew who the source was.

I stood in respect, "Your Honor, I thank you for your time and would still like to pursue Anger Management and Community Service for my charge, if that is fine with the courts. I did do the crime and both are something that I feel I need to better myself Your Honor."

"That is very honorable of you Mr. Williams. Both duties can be performed and completed at your own will. I hereby announce this case closed. You are free to go." With that, the court stood as the judge left his podium. All charges were dropped, but I was just happy to have my freedom again.

I thanked Avery for his work and promised his check to be mailed asap. "It's nothing Jason, you try out of trouble." He said while giving me a bro hug.

I turned to face my mom to hug her as well, but I paused when I saw her face, "Hey moms, what's up? Is something wrong? I was just set free and you looking like someone died."

She heard her phone and her hand and looked up at me again, "It's Kim baby, something is wrong. She was rushed to the hospital. That was her friend Camille on the phone...they said it was blood everywhere when they found her. The baby Jason, the baby..." Mom trailed off, but I couldn't really hear a word she said after I heard that she was found. Kim was alone, and I was in prison for hurting Greg.

"Moms, lets go..." We rushed out of the courtroom, the hallway, and down the stairs to her car. I just hoped that we weren't too late.

*****************************************************************

JASMINE'S POV:

It had been a while since I had seen my girl Kim. I really did miss here. This Friday Jack and I were just sitting at home watching a movie while the kids were away at my mom's. I turned to face him on the couch, "Babe, I think I want to go see Kim. It's been a while since I've seen her. I know that she had to come back from her and Jason's vacation suddenly, I want to make sure she's okay."

"That's fine Jazz, if you want to go you should. You want me to come with you to protect you?" He smiled at me.

"No Jack I don't need you to come. You're so silly! I'm going to go ahead and head over there okay. I'll be back soon. Maybe I'll get some dinner for her too."

"Take you time sweetheart. Let her know I said hi...call me if you need anything okay." He kissed my forehead and turned back to face his movie. He's so handsome, I'm glad I have such a good husband like him. I got up from the couch and went to get my shoes, phone, purse, and keys to head out.

I had tried to called and text Kim before I made it to her home, but no answer and no return text. I stopped by Chipotle on my way to her house to pick up her favorite chicken bowl just in case she was hungry. I made to her house about twenty minutes later.

When I pulled into her driveway, I noticed the house was a little dark. I could see one lamp on in the living room, but that was all. I got food and my belongings and headed to the front door. I knocked and rang the doorbell about five times, but still no answer. Kim was here, her Jeep was sitting in the driveway and I could hear the tv playing. Good thing I knew where she kept the front door key at. She had only told me that it was taped to the inside of the mailbox that near the front door. I had to place the food down and reached for the key at the same time.

I found the key and quickly placed it in the door to open it. I didn't want anyone thinking I was breaking and entering. I walked in and shut the door behind me, "Kim, it's me Jasmine, I came to check on you. I got brought food too.." I called out through the house but no answer.

I began to walk towards the light that was the living room, making sure to walk slowly so I wouldn't scare her just in case she was busy or something. The closet I got to the light, the more uncertain I became. Then, I saw her, in the hall, she was laying in a puddle of her own blood. The blood was coming from between her legs I could tell. My bags and everything I had fell to the fall before I ran to her side. "Kim, Kimberly, can you hear me? Please answer me! Oh my God! Don't let her be dead God! The baby, the baby!" I picked up the phone that was laying near her and dialed 911. I stayed by Kim's side until the paramedics came. Kim was unconscious, bleeding, and not in good shape.

The ambulance took Kimberly to John Riley Memorial Hospital where Camille was the Administrator. Kim was taken out the ambulance and rushed into the ER, Camille came running down to her side. She looked over at me, "Jasmine what happened? Was it Jason?"

"Camille, no it wasn't Jason, he wasn't there. I found her like this unconscious at her home. I think she may have lost the baby!' Both Camille and my face turned down in sadness.

Camille looked over at the paramedics, "Take Ms. Johnson to Trauma room 3, quickly! Be sure that Dr. Anthony is there!" The paramedics and nurses all obeyed her command, rushing Kim away.

"Camille, we have to let Jason know. I know you help her with the paternity test weeks ago, she told me. That is child, and we both know it. We have to call him." You see, Kim worked with children and families everyday, she knew all about how to get paternity tests before a child was born to make sure he or she knew who their parents where. She had taken one of Jason's brushes from his home and brought it into Camille a few days before her and Jason's vacation. Camille was able to do the test with his DNA and a blood sampling from Kim's womb. The baby was indeed Jason's...99.9%.

Camille looked at me, "I will try to call him now." She reached into her pocket and pulled out her cell. She dialed Jason's phone. She said hello and looked confused, so I'm guessing Jason didn't answer his own phone.

"Um, yes maam, my name is Camille. I'm a friend of Kimberly Johnson, and Hospital Administrator here at John Riley Memorial...yes maam, I need to speak with Jason. Oh okay, I didn't know he was in court. But its about Kim, she's in the hospital right now. Yes, she was rushed her, she's having a miscarriage maam. Yes, if you can please tell him to come as quick as he can. Thank you maam."

I looked at her, "Who was that? Is he coming?"

"That was his mom, he's in court...but he will be here as soon as possible."

"So what do we do now Camille? Do we just sit here? Should we call her mom, go check on her or what? I'm so scared right now."

Camille walked over to me and hugged me tightly, "She's going to be alright, you know how strong she is. We will be right here when she wakes up and she will wake up, don't worry!' She ushered me over to the waiting room and helped me into a sit. "Call Jack and let him know you're okay and come out here okay. We have to stay strong for her Jasmine."

I sat there in that waiting room for about an hour, alone, waiting for some type of news about Kim's condition. Just then I looked up from the door as I heard footsteps coming towards me...it was Jason and an older woman. I figured it was his mom. He ran to me and wrapped me in a hug. "Jasmine, is she okay? What happened?"

"I went to her house to see about her, bring her food, and I found her in the hallway covered in blood. She was unconscious Jason, I had to call 911 for an ambulance to come and get her. She's been in there in about an hour now. I haven't heard anything."

I could see tears form in his eyes before he spoke, "Oh God, Kim!" he paused, "The baby, have they said anything about the baby? are they alright?"

"No Jason, they haven't told me anything. Camille is in there with the team working on her. But the blood, the blood was coming from between her legs...more than likely her womb."

"That's her baby Jasmine, she might want to die if something happen to it!"

I paused and looked at him, "Jason, that's your baby too. She already ran a paternity test. It came back 99.9% sure. That baby she is hopefully still carrying is yours. I know she made a bad mistake and hurt you, but she is indeed carrying your seed."

Jason fell into the chair that was right behind him. He began to cry now, he looked defeated. "She told me it may not be my baby..I'm so sorry Kim." His mom wrapped her arms around him. He and Kim had some problems going on right now...I hoped that she would make it because it would kill him too if she didn't.

**********************************************************

THAT'S THE END OF CHAPTER 17!!! I really hope you guys enjoyed it!! Let me know what you think okay. This wasn't too bad of a cliffhanger either :) PLEASE COMMENT/VOTE/FAN/SHARE!!

I look forward to hearing back from you! :) ~Brit

Continue Reading