Fight For Love (COMPLETE)

By Amour_douce_

She looked at me with eyes of pure sadness and hate, "So you knew this whole time, and you didn't say anythin... More

Chapter One: First Sight
Chapter Two: Meeting her
Chapter Three: Part One
Chapter Three: Part Two
Chapter Four: Something good
Chapter Five: Finding out more....
Chapter Six: Say what?...
Chapter Seven: Where they do that at???
Chapter Eight: Confessions...
Chapter Nine: Clearing things up...
Chapter Ten: Clearing things up...Part 2
Chapter Eleven: Momma Knows Best...
Chapter Twelve: Without You/Caught up...
Chapter Thirteen: Here We Are...
Chapter Fourteen: That's A Trip...
Chapter Fifteen: Who Are We?...
Chapter Seventeen: Accusations
Chapter Eighteen: Outcomes...
Chapter Nineteen: A New Day...
Chapter Twenty: The Only Exception...
Chapter Twenty-One: Did You Hear About...?
Chapter Twenty-Two: No Justice, No Peace...
Chapter Twenty-Three: As A Matter Of Fact...
Chapter Twenty-Four: All In Time...
Chapter Twenty - Five: Almost Doesn't Count...
Chapter Twenty-Six: For Your Love....

Chapter Sixteen: Judgement...

8.3K 288 42
By Amour_douce_

Thanks for stopping by to read my story!! What's up to my Faithfuls and New Fans!!! Don't won't to say too much, just want to jump right in. Hope this will be a good read for y'all. 

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES...will edit later on.

Chapter Sixteen: Judgement...

****************************************************

JASON'S POV:

Believe it or not, despite my lifestyle and career this was my first time being in the backseat of a police car. I stayed as professional as I could with my dealings so I would never get caught up. I found out that the officer that arrested me was named Miller from the dispatcher calls. Officer Miller seemed like a respectful guy, unlike the other crooked cops I know. He tried to talk a little bit with me on the ride over to Lew Sterrett Justice Center for booking, but I didn't respond at all. Anything I said would more than likely be used against me. I had only heard about Lew Sterrett, and you know I hated prison so I never wanted to be up in there. I hoped and prayed I wouldn't be there long enough for them to hand me that orange jumpsuit!

The ride over was quick because Lew Sterrett was just Downtown, not far from me at all. Officer Miller parked the car in the back of the building and came around to my side to open the door and  walk me in. As soon as I walked in the stench of dirty people, urine, and vomit hit my nose. To make matters worst, I had to sit on a bench smelling all that shit and wait for booking to call my name. After about half an hour, "Jason Tremaine Williams please step forward to the counter" a female officer called from the office in front of the bench. I walked over to booking where a male officer, Hernandez, and female officer Jackson directed me through a metal detector, removing any metals I had on my body. That meant the piece I carried in my back and the one from my leg, my chain, keys, watch, and ring that my grandmother have me when I was a kid. They took my fingerprints, mugshots, and read my Miranda rights again. I turned to Hernandez when they were done, "Can I get my phone call please?" I said. "Yeah you can. Go wait in line over there by the phone." I walked over to the line still in handcuffs.

I didn't mind waiting to use the phone because that meant it would take me longer to get behind bars. Once my turn came I contemplated who I was going to call. They only gave me five minutes for the call so I had to be quick. I decided to make two calls in that time. I dialed my attorney James Avery. He answered after one ring as usual, "Hello this is James Avery." He said. "Avery it's me Jason Williams. I need you to come down to Lew Sterrett. I got charged for assault and I need your help." He paused before speaking, "I'll be there . Don't speak or answer any questions until I get there." He disconnected the call before I could speak again.

I still had about four minutes left for my phone call since Avery spoke so damn quick all the time. There was only one person I wanted to call, although I may regret it later. Hell I might have all night to sit and think about her and what just went down between us anyway, I might as well give my conscious a break! I dialed the number as quickly as I could, hoping she would not answer...I heard the phone get picked up and swallowed my pride.

"Hello, who is this?" She answered in confusion. 

"It's me Kimberly, Jason."

"Why are you calling me? Better yet, why the hell are you calling me from jail? How did you get there?"

"Look I don't have time for all these questions. I wanted to speak with you okay, that's why I called you damn. I made a mistake and I need you to call my mom. Just let her know that the book is in the cabinet turning brown and she needs to bring it out."

She paused, "What the hell does that mean? The book is in the cabinet turning brown and she needs to bring it out?"

"Just call and tell her want I said Kimberly, she will understand it." I paused for a moment when the recording let us know we only had one minute remaining. "Please do this for me alright. My lawyer will be here soon...so I shouldn't have to stay to long. I still love you no matter what. Take care of yourself."

"I'll talk to your mom as soon as I can. Be careful please." She disconnected the call. I didn't know what I was expecting when I spoke with Kim. Maybe that she would sound more apologetic, be eager to speak with me, or just happy. But she sounded pissed. I only hoped she would get in contact with my mom like I asked her to.

I stepped out of line from the phone and followed office Hernandez back towards booking, only this time I was placed in a cell with about ten other people. I didn't take the time to look anyone in the eyes, probably because I couldn't get over the fact that there was only one damn toilet for everyone to use. I had already planned to hold my shit in, I didn't won't to guess germs from anybody up in this place. I found a free bench inside and decided to take a seat. There was already a big husky black guy there mugging the hell out of me. I gave him that, "try if you want to bitchass nigga and I will put my foot up yo ass" look and you slid down further away from me. Avery's ass couldn't get here fast enough; ten minutes in this place felt like ten hours and I was ready to go. Still couldn't believe that Greg's punk as filed charges. Like what the fuck? He shot me, but I took it like a man and came back for his ass. I would respect him more as a man if he had done the same.

I was sitting there in that cell for about forty-five minutes when Officer Hernandez came back over. "Williams, your lawyer is here. Come on." I quickly got up and walked to the front of the cell where he opened it to let me out. He placed the handcuffs back on me and escorted me back to the interrogation room. I saw Avery sitting there looking sleepy as hell, but ready to take care of business. Avery was geeky looking white guy with blue blue, brown hair, and tall stature. He was a nerd for sure, but I trusted him and he always had my back. He stood up as soon as I walked in the room, "I hope you didn't say anything to anyone Jason" he said to me.

"Naw man I didn't. I just made my phone call to you and my girl."

"Your mom, is she going to get what you need?" I had always told him that my mom would be in charge of finances if anything went down.

"Yeah, I told Kim to call her for me. I know she'll come through."

Avery looked down at the tablet before speaking and motioned me over to the seat that was in front of him. "They have evidence of what you did to Greg. There was a camera in the port and lot recording everything. It shows you clear as day hurting him. You going to have to see the judge, but not until Monday morning."

I couldn't believe this shit. "Are you fucking serious Avery? So I gotta stay in this hell hole until Monday morning to see the judge. That nigga shot me and he gets to get off scott-free? This is some bullshit!" I slammed my foot of the floor.

"He did shot you, we both know that, but you didn't file any charges, he did. Since he did the justice system is going to make sure you pay for something, you know that. We're going to have you plead guilty and yes, you will have to spend a few months in prison, but its better than years. The judge may be more lenient on you since you a an Army vet. However, being an Army vet could make it worst. We will have to wait and see."

"Well, I guess I did the crime and I have to do the time right? So the bail money my mom is bringing is not going to do any good? I have to wait?"

"Yes you have to wait until Monday no matter what. This is because they have evidence. If you plead guilty, no matter what his lawyer throws at us you will only get a short sentence. I know you don't want to stay in here any longer than you have to Jason, so let's do what we have to do."

I shook my head in agreeance with him, but I was pissed as hell. "Alright Avery, I'm gonna let you do your job. Call my mom and let her know what's up. I'll see you Monday, and know later right?"

"That's right you'll see me Monday, but I'm working on getting you out of here. I don't want you to spend any time away, but if you have to it will be for a short time." Avery got up, cleared the table of his files, and walked over to the door.

Officer Hernandez was right outside the door, and he was ready to take me back to my cell once Avery and I were done talking. I would have to stay here until Monday to plead my case. It would be something I would have to do, I can't go pass it at this point. I made a promise to myself that night as I sat in the cold cell, Greg was going to pay for this shit. 

Saturday night and Sunday came and went by quickly. Every hour that passed by was filled with thoughts of Kim. Maybe I did overreact, but damn so had she! I don't understand how we planned to leave things in the past if was kept lying to each other and keeping secrets. She didn't have to cheat on me though. That shit was cold and really broke me down. I know I would forgive her eventually, but I needed my space for now. 

Monday morning came and was able to go in and meet the judge first thing. It was around eight in the morning when I was called to meet Judge Morehouse, a black, bald, older man with a salt and pepper beard. He looked he didn't take shit from anyone, so I knew that Avery had better be on his game to pull this off. The baliff entered the court, "Everyone please rise for the Honorable Judge Vincent Morehouse." The judge entered and took his seat, motioning us to have a seat as well. The court room was not filled with people, just Avery, myself, the baliff, the judge, Greg's lawyer, and my mom. I wasn't surprised that Greg's ass didn't show, but I was surprised not to see Kimberly's face there. Something must be wrong.

Judge Morehouse looked over his paperwork before speaking, "Defendent Jason Tremaine Williams, you are being charged with the assault against Gregory Lawrence. I am also told that we have evidence on the crime committed. How do you plead?"

I looked at Avery before speaking, he nodded his head in approval. "Guilty your honor, I plead guilty."

"Good choice Mr. Williams, that may help you in this case. You may be seated sir." As I took my seat the only thing I could that was how this could or could not go in my favor.....

********************************************************************

KIM'S POV: 

The call from jail with Jason on the other side was a complete surprise to me. I could think for the life of me why he would have been arrested, in jail, and calling me for help. I did as he asked though and called his mom. Good thing I had saved her number from the time Jason was in the hospital. As soon as I hung up with Jason, I dialed her number. She answered after two rings, "Hi sweetheart. Are you doing okay." she spoke with a smile.

"Hi Ms. Lisa, I'm doing good. I just spoke with Jason. He told me to tell you this... The book is in the cabinet turning brown and you needs to bring it out? I believe that's what he said."

"He's in trouble I see. It means that the money he has stashed needs to be taken out to take care of his bail. I will take care of it sweetie. Are you sure you're okay. I heard what happened, and although you hurt my son, I hope that you and the baby are fine."

"I'm okay Ms. Lisa, just a little down. Hopefully Jason will forgive me one day. Just so you know, it is his baby"

"You don't have too tell me that child, I already know. Let me go take care of this business to help my son. Let me know if you need something okay."

"Yes Ms. Lisa. Please let me know good or bad if you hear something from him, good or bad. Goodbye."

"I will Kim, Goodbye sweetheart." She disconnected the line. I hope that whatever Jason did it wasn't too bad, that he would be out in no time. I needed him back and he needed to be okay, we needed to be okay.

I was walking back to my bedroom when I felt a pain, a really sharp pain come from my abdomen. I bent forward in pain, holding my stomach to ease the pressure I began to feel. I began to try and take small steps towards my bathroom, that's when I saw it. The blood began to run down my leg onto the floor. This was my first pregnancy, but I knew that if a woman began to bleed while pregnant that could only mean one thing...miscarriage. 

I was already alone and without the man I love. Now I had to go through this alone too. I fell to the ground praying for the pain to stop. My phone had fallen to the ground as well because I still had it in my hand from talking to Ms. Lisa. Still holding my stomach, I reached for my phone. I needed to call someone, but I never got to make that call, I blacked out there on the floor.

****************************************************

That's the end of Chapter Sixteen! I hope the length was okay and that you all enjoyed it! Yes, I left you with another cliffhanger because I want you come back and see what happens!

Let me know what you think :) COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE and FAN!!! ~BRIT

Continue Reading