His Miracle 2 (Completed)

By nijaspencer

After being broken up for two years, A'leah and August decide it's best to co-parent but under the same roof... More

Copyright 2017
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
I updated!
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Her Miracle Trivia (Part 1)
Chapter 41
Filler Chapter
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
You Now
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
HIS MIRACLE 3
His Miracle REMAKE

Chapter 49

36.5K 1.7K 754
By nijaspencer

August

"Will you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?" The officer asked, recitin' the oath.

"Yes." I replied.

"Mr. Alsina, this is the second time you've appeared in this very courtroom. Why were you here the first time?" Jamal's lawyer, Keith questioned.

"Why is that relevant?" I fired back.

"Objection your honor. Mr. Alsina's prior court appearance is irrelevant to today's hearing." My lawyer, Priscilla said.

"Mr. Alsina please answer the question." The judge said.

"I was here for a custody hearing of my son."

"Interesting. So could you tell the court why your hear today."

"My own flesh and blood tried ta' kill me." I spat.

"When you say your own flesh and blood are you referring to my client Mr. LaBranch?" He asked.

"Yes."

"How did he try to kill you?"

"He shot me outside of the Atlanta police station. My fiancé and other officers witnessed it."

"How could you identify my client if you were on the ground after being shot?"

"An officer shouted LaBranch man down. I automatically knew it was him."

"No further questions your honor." Keith said.

Priscilla got up from the table and walked towards me.

"Mr. Alsina, you were shot by Mr. LaBranch correct?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." I replied.

"Could you please tell the court what events lead up to you being shot by Mr. LaBranch."

"He wants my fiancé and can't have her. Everything I have he wants. Not tryna sound conceited or anything but I've always worked hard fa' what I have. Ion knock anybody's hustle or nothin'. I've always told him he could come to me if he needed somethin' but he never did. It's always been a competition wit' him and I guess him tryna kill me would put an end ta' this 'competition'." I explained.

"No further questions."

She took her seat and Keith got up again.

"So the reason why my client allegedly shot you is because of your fiancé?" He questioned.

"Mhm."

"Is she here in this room today?"

"Yes."

I pointed to Leah in the seat behind Priscilla. She looked a little nervous. Her facial expression was unreadable. She was probably worried that Jamal would get off the hook.

"No further questions."

"The court would like to call Jamal LaBranch to the stand." The officer said.

I took my seat beside Leah and held her hand. She didn't grab my hand or lean on me, nothing. She wouldn't even look at me.

"Do you promise to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?" The officer asked.

"Mhm."

"Mr. LaBranch, what is your relationship with my client?" Priscilla questioned.

"He's my brother but I don't see him as one."

"Why not?"

"He stole my girl."

"Nigga she was never yours!" I yelled, as I stood up.

"Sit the fuck down." Leah whispered harshly, yankin' my hand to sit down.

"One more outburst like that Mr. Alsina, I'll have you escorted out of here and rule this as a mistrial do you understand?" The judge threatened.

"Yes." I mumbled, takin' my seat.

"When you say he took your 'girl' are you referring to my client's fiancé?"

"Yes." He smirked.

"Care to explain?"

"Aleah was mines first. She cheated on me wit' my brother and had his kids. Then she tried ta' come back ta' me so I let her. We had sex and now she's pregnant wit' my baybeh." He grinned.

"Did you shoot my client on August 21st?" She asked.

"Nah."

"But your finger prints were on this Smith and Wesson gun." She said, as she held up a ziplock baggie with the gun inside of it.

"Not to mention Mr. Alsina's blood splattered onto it. Officer roll the footage."

The tv was turned on and it showed Leah and I leaving the police station. Jamal got out his car and shot me. Leah started screamin' and another officer shot at him.

"No further questions."

Keith didn't bother gettin' up. I smirked and watch Jamal leave the witness stand.

Leah rubbed her stomach and sighed.

"It is now time for our jurors to deliberate. We will meet again in a half hour." The judge said, hittin' the gavel onto the platform.

Leah and I got up, exitin' the courtroom. Cha held Callie in her arms. My mama was readin' a book and Travis was layin' his head on her lap.

"How was it?" Travis asked.

"It was aight. He tried ta' lie and say Leah was pregnant wit' his baby and they was together." I laughed.

"We all know that's not true. Leah wouldn't give Jamal the time of day."

None of them knew about Leah messin' around wit' Jamal in the past so I'a jus' sat down beside my mama.

"I really don't understand what got into him. How he could do such horrible things. Mel is probably turning in his grave." She sighed.

"Don't blame ya self mama. It's not yo fault." I said.

Leah stayed quiet and held Callie. She touched her nose and started bouncin' on her lap.

"Eeaaahh!" She cheesed.

"Leah are you alright?" My mama asked.

"Mhm. I just don't feel good that's all."

I could tell she was lyin'. Her body language said it all. She'd been actin' funny since last night. I felt like I had somethin' ta' do wit' her actin' strange but I'a couldn't tell.

A'leah

I was questioned and so were a few witnesses. I was extremely nervous for the judge's ruling.

A few witnesses stories sounded strange. I know for a fact some of them lied and they were under oath.

We needed to convince twelve jurors that Jamal was guilty. I felt sick to my stomach at this point. The jury couldn't agree on a verdict so they were given additional time to deliberate.

"Juror how do you plead?" The judge asked.

"We couldn't come to a decision your honor." A juror said.

"I'm declaring this a mistrial. The prosecutor will try this case again in thirty days since the jury could not come to a decision today. LaBranch will remain in custody til then. Court is adjourned." The judge announced.

My eyes began to water. Jamal smirked at me as he was escorted out of the court room by police officers. I shook my head and waddled out the room.

"Baybeh c'mere." August said.

"No. I don't wanna be bothered." I mumbled.

I was still upset that he had called me a bitch last night. And the jury couldn't come to a fucking decision. I want Jamal behind bars forever.

He needs to become somebody's bitch in prison and suffer. He raped all those women and tried to kill August, he deserves everything that comes to him.

"What happened?" Mama Sheila asked.

"It's a mistrial for thirty days because the stupid ass jury couldn't rule a verdict." I sniffed.

Travis handed me some tissues and rubbed my back. Cha pouted, moving Travis out the way. She wiped my tears away and sighed.

"Will he remain in custody?" She asked.

"Yeah. We had solid evidence against him and they ruled a fuckin' mistrial." August spat.

"Let's get out of here. Now I'm starting to get upset." Mama Sheila sighed.

I waddled out of the courthouse, heading straight to the car. I hit the keyless entry, letting myself in and putting my seatbelt on.

I tossed the keys onto his seat and rested my head on the window, letting the tears fall. Every time we four steps forward it's like we take eight steps back.

Lying to August was wrong. I should have told him the truth. He didn't have to call me a lying ass bitch.

"I ain't kno' pregnant people could walk that fast." He joked.

I rolled my eyes and rested my hand on my baby bump. I just wanted to stuff my face and lay down.

"What's wrong witchu'? What I'a do now?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said, as my eyes started watering again.

"Talk ta' me Leah. Stop cryin'." He cooed.

I wiped my face with my hand and sighed.

"You hurt my feelings August. Every time you get angry you always call me out my name. The last time you put your hands on me. What if I piss you off again, am I gonna go flying down the steps?" I asked.

"I would never harm you or my unborn baybeh you kno' that." He said.

"August you say that but when your upset your a different person and it scares me. I just want us to get married and be happy with our family. We deserve to be happy." I sniffed.

"I'll get some help Leah aight? I promise."

"I'm not perfect either. I need to work on owning up to my mistakes and thinking before I decide to make them."

"My lil drama queen." He chuckled.

"I don't like you." I pouted.

"You love me."

"Nope."

"Yes you do."

He pecked my neck and kissed my hand.

"I know." I smiled.

"We gone get through this baybeh, you jus' need ta' have faith. God and Mel watchin' over us. We're in good hands. I'on need you stressin' bout shit aight?"

"Yes."

"Aight."

Once he started the car up, he drove off. I held his head and turned over to face him.

"I still can't believe it's a mistrial for thirty days." I sighed.

"Me either. That trial dumb as hell."

"At least he stays in custody. I'd lose my damn mind if they let him go."

"They have video footage of him shootin' me. They can't let him go. Our justice system ain't that fucked up."

"I guess so babe."

He parked the car and got out, carrying me bridal style into the house.

"Mommy! Daddy!" The kids squealed.

He put me down and they hugged our thighs.

"Baby?" Miracle asked.

"Yes it's a baby in mommy's stomach." I smiled.

"I cooked fa' y'all. Your mama called me and told me what happened. Don't een sweat it. See y'all in church tomorrow." Maw-Maw said.

She kissed my cheeks and August's before leaving.

"Call us when you get home Maw-Maw. We love you." I smiled.

"I love you more baybeh." She grinned.

I watched her get in her car and drive off. I shut the door, and locked it turning on the security system.

"I'm sleepy and hungry." I yawned.

"Go lay down babe." August said.

"Can we seep wif wou mommy?"
Aiden asked.

"Pwease?" Miracle asked.

"Pretty pwease?" Mason asked.

"Yes."

"C'mon."

We all walked upstairs into our room. August shut the door behind me. I got in bed laying on my side. Aiden and Mason snuggled close to me. August laid down and Miracle snuggled close to him.

August threw the covers over us and pecked my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

--

I'm proud that I was able to update twice this weekend. Just another update for y'all (:

1) Is what Jamal said true?

2) What are your thoughts on the trial?

3) Will justice be served?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

687 31 11
Karissa and August have been through hell together, but will they make it?
7.7K 612 44
August Alsina 2023 ღ
3.3M 125K 55
When August's rise to fame tests his relationship with his girlfriend of three years.
1.9K 119 30
Gia and August are back and living their best life. Now happily married and expecting their second child together, things couldn't be any better for...