Chapter 22

August

"I'm jus' glad you's alright baybeh. Ion't kno' why you Alsina and LaBranch men so damn hard headed." She chuckled.

"Me eitha'. How'd you like hea' in New York Maw-Maw?" I asked.

"It was lovely. I love my electric scoota' baybeh, thank ya."

"You welcome, I kno' you needed it."

"Yeah, I'm gettin' old baybeh. I kno' your busy so I'll let chu go. Please be safe August. I will follow ya narrow behind throughout every city you stop at. Try me." She warned.

"Ain't no need fa' that Maw-Maw, I'm straight. I love you."

"Love you more baybeh."

I hung up the phone and finished eatin' breakfast. I jus' whipped up some grits, bacon, hashbrowns and eggs. A nigga was eatin' like it was my last supper.

I was too pissed off ta' eat dinner after last night's show. I made sure ta' stay hydrated at least.

"August when your ready we'll escort you to your car. Your publicist Monique is there waiting for you." Trent said.

I finished my breakfast and put some cologne on. I'a grabbed my phone, key card and wallet befo' headin' out the door.

Since T got shot, my management gave me more security. Ta' be honest, ion't kno' why I'a only had two muhfuckin' bodyguards anyway.

Trent and them escorted me ta' the tour bus. The brakes was fucked up and needed ta' be fixed, so we took a car ta' my last two shows.

"Wassup Mo?" I asked while givin' her a side hug.

"Well I was just on the phone with the promotors for this afternoon's Summer Jam concert. Your performing after Young Thug. Terrance's doctor touched base with me this morning, he's in stable condition. The surgery went well and he's currently resting. He has to wear a sling on his arms for a few weeks as well." She informed.

"I'a owe it all ta' Melly B." I smiled.

"Aw. Well kick ass this afternoon. I also think it's best to see T after the concert. I don't want you to lose focus or blame yourself for last night's events."

"Aight, I'm jus' glad he's okay das' all. Whea' Candace and Des at?" I asked.

"We are picking everyone up now. I still don't understand why everyone isn't in the same hotel but that's none of my business." She replied.

I nodded and laid back on a seat, while proppin' my feet up. The tour bus came ta' a stop and everyone got on. My band, backup dancers and more bodyguards.

"August your not hot?" Candace questioned.

"Mind yo bidness." I chuckled.

Des waved ta' me as she sat next ta' Candace. I waved back and closed my eyes. A nigga was tired, but I had ta' make this paper.

When you got three mouths ta' feed, and a family ta' give back too you'd do everything you can ta' make sho' they all straight.

"August your phone is ringing." Des said.

I looked at the caller ID. It was Leah callin' me. I hit answer and put the phone ta' my ear.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Daddy wea wou?" Miracle asked.

"I'm still in New York baybeh girl. You bein' good fa' ya mom?"

"Mhm. Mommy twake us ta iHip daddy. It gwood." She giggled.

I chuckled. "It's iHop princess."

"Tay. Wuv wou. Ainen and Mwason talk now."