Chapter 46

A'leah

"Baybeh come home. Ion't need any medication." August whined.

"You needed some pain medicine. While I'm here I mines well pick up Aiden's treatment refill and some snacks." I said, as I roamed through the aisles of Walmart.

"Jus' hurry back. We not finished." He huskily whispered.

"You are not about to get me hot and bothered in this damn store, goodbye August." I laughed.

"Aight, bye." He chuckled.

I hung up my phone and walked around the store, not really paying attention to everyone around me. I couldn't find the candy section to save my life.

I checked my phone, seeing that a few people tweeted me. I continued to walk to the candy aisle until something knocked into me, knocking my phone out my hands. The screen shattered completely and my home button popped off.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I hissed.

"My bad ma, I ain't see you thea'." A familiar voice said.

I rolled my eyes to see Quamir standing in front of me. I picked up my phone and held it carefully. The screen was not only shattered but it was black too.

"Your paying to get my damn phone fixed Quamir." I spat.

"Ion't have a problem wit' that. I apologize fa' knockin' into you. That was my fault." He apologized.

"Mhm. Can you get out of my way now? I have things to do."

"Nah. Not til you accept my apology."

"Just give me the money for my phone so I can go."

"I got a home boy that can hook you up wit' a brand new phone ma. Why don't we leave here and I'll take you to him."

What does this nigga not understand? I just want the money for my phone and we can continue to go our separate ways.

"You already pissed me off by breaking my damn phone, can you just give me the money to get it fixed?" I asked.

"Of course, but under one condition."

"And what would that be?" I questioned, shifting all my weight onto my left side.

"Go to dinner wit' me. Ain't nun special, jus' a dinner ma." He grinned.

"My fiancé wouldn't like that and you know it." I replied, flashing my engagement ring.

"You act like I'm tryna fuck you Leah. Trust, if I'a wanted you, I'ca have you. But, you chose him over me." He said honestly.

I rubbed my stomach and chewed on my bottom lip, looking at the candy behind him. I walked around him and picked up a king size pack of Kit Kats.

"This pregnancy lookin' sexy on you A'leah." He smirked.

"How do you know I'm pregnant?"

"You got pickles, a big ass pack of candy you droolin' over. Some brownies and whip cream. Not ta' mention you glowing too." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes.

"I can just pay for my own phone. I have to go."

I threw some more candy into the basket and walked around him. He gently grabbed my arm, pulling me to him.

"I jus' wanna see wassup witchu'. Das' it. I respect yo' lil engagement or whatever but come to dinner with me."

"Will you stop bothering me?" I asked, growing impatient.