Chapter 1

A'leah

"Mwommy stay home." Aiden whined. He pouted and sat on my bed holding his teddy bear.

Every time I try to go out or even leave for work he'll try and stop me. But tonight I was celebrating because earlier today I received my bachelor's degree.

After going back to school online about a year ago, I got my associates's degree in science. Of course I went back and just got my bachelor's.

"Baby you do this every time mommy wants to go out. Don't you want mommy to have fun?" I pouted.

"Yesh, fun with me Aiden." He giggled.

Part of me wanted to leave and another part of me didn't want to leave at all. Aiden's asthma has been acting up lately and he's been sick. I hope he grows out of it when he gets older.

His asthma doesn't stop him from playing soccer though. All you'll see is curly hair and legs when he plays. He scored the winning goal his last game.

"Mommy is just going out tonight that's all. Daddy and Miracle will be here with you." He stood by my vanity and pouted.

"No boys mommy?" I shook my head no.

"No boys."

"Otay."

"Give mommy a kiss." He leaned in and pecked my lips.

"Your lips pink mommy."

"I had too much pink lemonade that's why, let's go downstairs."

He took my hand in his and we walked downstairs together. When I hit the bottom step I saw Miracle sleeping on August's chest and he was sleep too with her favorite book on his face.

"Daddy." Aiden whispered.

"Wussam?" He mumbled.

"Mommy leaving."

He stretched a little before taking the book off his face. His eyes widened at my outfit but I paid him no mind. We weren't together therefore I could wear what I pleased.

"Where you going dressed like that?" He asked eyeing me.

"Out." I said simply.

"Oh."

"Mhm."

Miracle slowly opened up her eyes as she stretched her little body. I always gave into those big brown eyes of hers. She made me feel so bad the first time I went out.

"Mommmmyyy." She whined.

"Yessssssss." I laughed.

"Why you go out?" She crossed her arms. August chuckled.

"You kno' ya moms was going out tonight."

"Be my side dwaddy my side shh."

I texted Gio letting him know I was ready and he texted back saying he was on his way. I met him at a photoshoot and we've been inseparable ever since. I'm surprised Mr Stylez, let him out the house.

The kids were watching bubble guppies not paying me any attention anymore thank goodness. I did feel August staring at me and I just ignored him It's been like that for two years now.

After losing our baby, I really distanced myself from him. I just couldn't handle the news of him being a father to Giselle's baby and losing my own. It was just too much for me.

"A'leah you really finna step out the house wearin' that?" He asked.

"Pretty much." I shrugged.