Chapter 11

A'leah

"Baby stop crying, mommy will be there soon just stop giving daddy a hard time." I cooed.

Aiden was having a fit since I wasn't home yet. It was going on six o'clock and my work had yet to be done.

"Tay." He sniffed.

"If you be good, mommy will make you an icecream sundae with fudge." I bribed.

"Yaay!" He giggled.

Orlando knocked on my office door, asking if he could come in. I nodded and he took a seat in front of my desk.

"Alright baby boy, mommy has too go okay? I'll see you soon."

"Tay mommy, luh wou."

"I love you more."

I disconnected the call, tossing my phone into my bag giving Orlando my full attention.

"Who was that?" He asked.

"My son." I said simply.

"Oh."

"Look Orlando, whatever you need to say can it wait? I really need to get my kids." I said while gathering my belongings.

"No. Let me walk you to your car." He insisted.

I wasn't going to argue with him so I left my office, locking it behind me and we walked to my car. It was still humid outside.

"So what is it?" I asked.

"You know how I feel about you. How long are we going to act like we're feeling each other?"

"I don't act like anything."

"Yes you do and that's the problem. Your still stuck on this motherfucker who did nothing but hurt your ass."

I was taken back by his outburst. Orlando has never talked to me like this. It wasn't like him at all. I understand he's frustrated but he needs to understand that I'm just not ready to take things to a next level.

Was I feeling him? Yes, and I was wrong for trying to pursue him knowing that I was vulnerable and hurting.

"I apologize for leading you on the way I did Orlando. I'm just not ready for a relationship right now okay?" I explained as I got in my car, rolling the windows down.

"I'll wait for you as long as I have to A'leah." He said in a serious tone.

"Why do you want me so bad? You can have whatever female you want. I want you to be happy." I said while folding my arms.

"I can make you happy if you let me. What are you so scared of!?" He yelled.

I shook my head and turned away from him. I started to get teary eyed.

"I'm scared to love again! There I said it are you happy now!? I don't need this right now O just stay the hell away from me!" I snapped.

I got in my car and started it. He just walked away to his car cussing and yelling. I got myself together, cruised out of the school parking lot, and sped off down the street.

About five minutes later I arrived at August's house. He was outside with Mya, Chay and Kay-Kay.

"Tete!" They giggled as they ran to my car.

I killed the engine and hopped out, hugging them all at once. I was attacked with bear hugs and kisses. It's been a while since I seen them.

"How are my princesses?" I asked.

Kay-Kay and Chay grabbed my hand, walking me to the backyard with Mya in front of us.

"Good." They smiled.