Chapter 8

August

"As we're ending our tour, you can see a basketball court, a pool to accommodate adults and the little ones as well." The realtor explained.

"I'll take it." I grinned.

The realtor drew up the paperwork and I signed on the dotted line. She handed me the keys and was on her way.

I walked inside ta' see A'leah giving the kids their snacks. She was pissed about me leaving the house but ion't give a fuck honestly.

"Your really moving out?" She asked.

"What it look like?" I replied smartly.

"Let me stop before I say something I regret." She mumbled.

"I thought you did all of that yesterday? You kno' what? Get out."

"Excuse me? Don't you dare t-"

"Get the fuck out A'leah!" I yelled.

Her bottom lip started to quiver as she grabbed her keys and left. I never raised my voice at her like that, but she was pissing me off.

Us living under one roof isn't gonna work. I'm under enough stress as it is and I'a think I made a smart decision on my behalf.

Jus' cause I got my own place don't mean I'll stop seeing the kids. I only live fifteen minutes away which ain't bad.

"August what is going on?" My mama asked.

I ran my hands over my face and sat on a bar stool. I forgot she was coming over ta' see my new place. She kissed me cheek and shook her head.

"Ion't kno' whatchu talkin' bout mama."

"Boy don't you play wit' me. A'leah walked out of this house in tears. What did you say?"

"I told her ta' get the fuck out. She was actin' so damn surprised about me movin' out."

"Both of you are wrong and your too stubborn ta' see it." She said.

"I'm chillin'. How you like my new place?" I said while wrappin' my arm around her. She smiled.

"It's nice. How many rooms you got?"

"Five and six baths. It feels good ta' have my own shit. You kno' it's been a while."

It took me being a house as a fresh start for myself. I'm tryna move on from the bullshit and become a better man fa' myself and my kids.

I'm scheduled to rehearse for my upcoming tour wit' Breezy and Trigga this weekend. As of right na', it's all about my kids and this bread.

"I'm proud of my baybeh boy." She pinched my cheeks and headed into the kitchen.

"I 'preciate it mama. So wassup witchu' today?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm on vacation."

"Das' wassup."

"Wea' my grandbabies at?"

"Sleep."

She washed her hands and opened up the fridge clutterin' my counter wit' all this food.

"Well I'm gone cook. Go wake up my grandbabies." She instructed.

"Aight."

I jogged up the stairs heading down the hall ta' Miracle's room first. She was up watching Spongebob, giggling her ass off.

"Daddy!"

"Wuzzam mamas?" I asked while picking her up. She kissed my cheek and wrapped her arms around my neck.