If the Sky Falls ➳ Hal Mason

By just--me--

[Falling Skies Fanfic ➳ Hal Mason] At first, we all thought they were coming in peace, but that wasn'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 24

1.2K 28 13
By just--me--

This chapter is for not updating two weeks ago. I hope you like it! 

 A drop of sweat moved down my forehead. My legs began to shake, but I tried my best to keep steady, not wanting to make any sudden movements. A stinky smell filled my nose, it smelled like a rat had peed all over itself. I soon realized Pope was a few inches next to me and he was the one emanating that terrible scent. I couldn't die this horrible way.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Em is a nice and attractive young lady, she has a long future ahead of her," Pope talked after a couple seconds.

I dared to open my eyes and what I saw made me gasped even harder for air.  Weaver and Hal were standing firmly and ready to shoot Pope with their guns. Hal's face was red and he looked like was about to explode, while Weaver was calm yet steady.

"Hal!" I screamed and tried to get out of Pope's grip, but he was faster and placed his stinky hand over my mouth.

"Her name is Emily," Hal said between his teeth, rage taking power over him.

"Emily... Huh, nice name," Pope laughed and continued, "Neither of you has a clear shot and you know it, so why don't we-"

"I have a good shot," Anthony's voice could be heard from behind us.

Thank god!  

"Anthony, you're a disappointment, I thought I was having a positive influence on you." 

After Pope spoke, he let me go.   

Hal was still pointing at Pope, but Weaver lowered Hal's gun and walked towards him.

I tried to recover my breath as I walked towards Hal, tripping with my own feet. 

My first instinct was to hug him, I didn't care if someone saw us. I was scared and I needed him, I needed him to hold me and whisper to my ear that everything was going to be fine. 

Hal hold me in his arms and all I could do was cry, I needed to get it out and he was the only one I could do it with.

"I got you, I got you, ..." Hal repeated again and again while I sobbed against his chest.

______

After my... episode, we were giving the news we were going to move and cross the bridge. I had to pack our belongings and get Colton and Avery ready for the ride. 

As Colton and I walked around looking for our ride, Colton pushed me gently to my side. 

"Yes, Colton?"

"Can I have a piggy-back ride? Pleeease!"

I chuckled and kissed his head. I was about to get him up, but something made me stop.

Not far from where I was, Hal was walking side by side with Maggie. He looked so happy with her, he laughed so hard with her. Maggie was strong and defend others, I couldn't even defend myself. 

Does he like to hang with me as much as he does with Maggie? Does Hal laugh more with her? She is very pretty, does he think she's prettier than me?   Does he think I'm useless?

"Em? Are you okay?"

"Uh? What?" I moved my gaze away and focus on Colton.

I don't have time to think these simple things. I'm not in high school, I don't get to think these nonsenses over the necessities of my family - I answered my own questions.

Colton extended his arms and smiled. 

His little and innocent smile makes everything better - I thought.

"Sorry. Yes, I'm fine Colton," I faked a smile.

I held him up off the ground. Colton put his legs on my hips and set his arms around my neck.

My feet continue moving. Our bus was nowhere, but we continue looking for it. Our search was interrupted my a pricing voice.

"Hi, Emily. Hi, Colton."

"Avery, where have you been? You said you were going to back in ten minutes and that was half an hour ago."

"I know, I'm sorry. I was just going to say goodbye to Matt, but we kept talking."

I sighed, "It's okay, let's get going."

"Can I ride with Matt in the medbus? Pleeease?"

"Alright, alright. Just be careful and behave."

Avery nodded her head and ran towards the bus. 

"And do whatever Lourdes and Anne says!" I said, but Avery was far behind.

That girl - I smiled to myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by Colton.

"Ewww!" Colton yelled with everything he had.

 He pointed his little finger to Lourdes and Jamil. They were kissing kind of awkwardly in the open, where everyone could see them. 

They make a cute couple. I wish I could kiss Hal like that, anywhere I want and not caring who sees us... Stop thinking about Hal!

"Colton, they're just kissing," I laughed at his expression.

"It's gross!" Colton covered both of his eyes.

"When you're older you'll like it," I said with a chuckle and started walking once again.

"Do you like it? You used to kiss Jeremy when we were at-" 

My eyes became wide open, I couldn't believe he remembered what happened there. Thankfully, someone interrupted him mid-sentences.

"Hey buddy, can I steal your sister for a minute."

Colton nodded his head, "Just for a minute."

Hal laughed briefly and stared at me with a smirk placed on his face.

"What?" The words got out of my mouth more harshly than I intended.

Jeremy was now on my mind and I couldn't think straight.

 "Woah,  something's wrong?"

"No."

Lie.

"I just wanted to say goodbye."

"Goodbye," I said and looked at the ground, not wanting to confront him.

"Why don't you want to tell me what's wrong?"

"How's Maggie doing?" I tried my best not to sound jealous of her.

"About what?"

Sometimes he's just so clueless

"Nevermind."

"Okay...?" Hal turned around and was about to start walking the opposite direction.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled and Hal turned around, "I'm sorry." 

"You already said that," Hal smiled.

"It has been a long day," I said and smiled back.

"Tell me about it. Pope will pay for that."

"I don't care about Pope, just promise me you'll be careful," I got closer to where he was standing.

"Always," He pecked me on the cheek quickly and whisper in my ear, "Bye beautiful."

Bye, Hal

_______

It was a long and tiring ride. The bus had stopped about fifteen minutes ago, it had already crossed the bridge.

Colton and I were assigned to the bus full of children, everyone wanted something different at the same time. Some kids cried, others laughed and most of them slept. 

After a couple more minutes of silence, gun shots were heard from outside. Most kids started to freak out and begin to cry because they knew what that terrible sound meant. A lady was there, trying to console them, but it was of no help.

"Stay down Colton, don't move," I moved Colton to the floor and peeked out the window.

The medbus was stuck and that was not all, mechs and Skitters followed behind. People started to attack and covered my view. I tried to move to the front, but I stopped as soon as I saw it. Matt was running out of the bus with a gun in hand. 

He's crazy! Matt is just a kid, he is going to get himself killed

Not thinking it twice, I got out of my own bus and started running behind him.

"Matt! Matt!" I repeated over and over as I tried to keep up with him.

He finally stopped and started shooting at Skitters. 

"Matt! You can't be here, move!" 

"I'm helping my dad."

I looked at Tom, he smiled at me. Chaos was going on and I couldn't hear him, but I knew what he meant, "Thank you."

I didn't think it was necessary for me to respond, I took Matt and started running the opposite direction. 

We finally got out of the bridge and I saw Lourdes hand in hand with Avery not so far from where we were. I sighed happily and turned my head around, Tom wasn't there, he was still fighting the Skitters on the bridge.

Everyone started yelling for him to run and he did. He ran, you could see he was trying his best, but Skitters were close, very close.

Matt started screaming and trying to run towards him. I kept my arms around his body, preventing him from doing anything stupid. 

It suddenly happened, boom, as simple as that. An explosion erupted and blew the entire bridge.

Matt got out of my grip, but I didn't react. Thankfully, Ben was nearby and hold him. 

I couldn't make my mind around it, Tom was dead. 

"Dad!" Hal yelled desperately and started walking near the bridge. 

Weaver stopped him said there was no time and that they needed to keep moving.

Everyone started walking away, but I couldn't. I stand there, not daring to move, even though my whole body was shaking uncontrollably. Tears began to stream down my face and I wasn't going to stop them. I had lost so many people, I wasn't ready to loose my fake dad too.

"Emily lets go," Anne placed his hand on my shoulder.

"O-okay..." My voice was so weak, I wasn't sure Anne had heard me.

I turned on my heels and started walking towards the vehicles.

Hal was there, looking like hell.

I didn't say anything, I just gave him a tight hug. He responded and let out a deep sighed. We stayed like that a minute or so and he backed away. 

"I-I-I," He paused and took a deep breath, "Thank you," He said and started walking towards Matt. 

I knew he needed time and he also didn't want to feel weak in front of their younger brothers.

My gaze fell on Pope, who was slowly walking to where the two brothers were sitting. 

Son of a bitch 

I heard a boy cry and as an instinct I turn around. I saw a little kid crying in arms of his mother, it wasn't Colton. 

I looked back to where Hal was and the next thing I know is that Hal's fist is colliding against Pope's jaw.

Dai instantly stopped Hal as everyone started noticing a fight was about to start.

Dai is always there when needed

"Hal!" I started walking towards him.

"Em, I just, I-"

"Dad!" Ben ran towards Tom, who was getting out of the river.

Tom is a tough man, it's very hard to put him down. Thank God, he is 

Please vote and comment! Comments are my favorite ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 668 22
Skylar was in school when it all happened, aliens were attacking earth. Everyone was panicking, how could this have happened? Shouldn't the gouvernme...
19 1 5
Fatal Attraction is my second fan fiction I've written! This one is much shorter, and meant to be left on kind of a cliff hanger. It's fully complete...
4.9K 129 28
Ben Mason is a survivor , the second son of Tom Mason, the most important person in this whole revolution against the aliens. Ben is angry, and he...
123 35 18
Preview: Falling, I am falling, Whether I fall, Up, or down, I am incapable of telling. *~* Imagine waking up in a world, stripped of a...