Fighting Fire

By DakedaShanay

Lillianna: All I could think about was what happened in he's office. He kissed me and I didn't freak out. I a... More

Chapter 1: Lillianna
Chapter 2: Detective Skyy
Chapter 3: Lillianna
Chapter 4: Detective Skyy
Chapter 5: Detective Skyy
Chapter 6: Lillianna
Chapter 7: Lillianna
Chapter 8: Lillianna
Chapter 9: Lillianna
Chapter 10: Lillianna
Chapter 11: Detective Skyy
Chapter 12: Lillianna
Chapter 13: Detective Skyy
Chapter 14: Lillianna
Chapter 15: Detective Skyy
Chapter 16: Lillianna
Chapter 17: Detective Skyy
Chapter 18: Detective Skyy
Chapter 19: Lillianna
Chapter 20 Detective Skyy
Chapter 21: Lillianna
Chapter 22: Lillianna
Chapter 23: Lillianna
Chapter 24: Lillianna
Chapter 26: Lillianna
Part II
Chapter 1: Lillianna
Chapter 2: Lillianna
Chapter 3: Detective Skyy
chapter 4: Lillianna
Chapter 5: Lillianna
Chapter 6: Lillianna
chapter 7: Detective Skyy
chapter 8: Lillianna
Chapter 9: Detective Skyy
Chapter 10: Detective Skyy
Chapter 11: Detective Skyy
Chapter 12 Lillianna

chapter 25: Detective Skyy

41 1 0
By DakedaShanay

Chapter 25

        I was startled from my sleep by my morning alarm. I quickly slammed my hand down on the alarm to shut it up before it woke Lillianna. When the alarm was silence I turned over to find Lillianna peacefully sleeping next to me. Clearly the alarm hadn’t bothered her much. I’ve noticed she can sleep through almost anything. Before I got myself together I stop and watched her sleep for a while.  

        Besides the fact that we were hiding our relationship everything in my life was great. I’ve never felt so alive or so at home. I’ve even unpacked some of my boxes. Unless Lillianna decided she no longer wants to see me, I’m staying here. I’ve finally found my home and it was here with her.

        After a few minutes I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for work. I was moving around the room and in and out of the bathroom getting ready. Lillianna didn’t move a muscle. She didn’t wake up until I was completely done with my morning routine.

        “You’re up,” I said to lillianna as I walked out the bathroom.

        “And you look sexy in a suit,” she flirted.

        “You look sexy naked,” I said has I admired her breast that was poking out from under the sheets.

        “I look ugly. I probably have bad hair and breath.” She joked. “I’ll make breakfast or something”

        “Don’t worry about that,” I informed her.

        Lillianna was no cook. Last night she almost burnt down my house trying to make hamburgers. For some reason she’s been trying to cook for me.

        “I’ve been practicing making eggs,” she informed me. “I can’t really make bacon yet but baby steps.”

        “You don’t need to cook for me.”

        “Trina says the way to a man heart is through his stomach.”

        “You don’t have to get to my heart when you already have it.” I informed her then gave her kiss on the forehead.

        “I have an appointment with the good doctor today,” Lillianna informed me.

        She’s been talking to me for a while about seeing a therapist. Mainly, because she wants to work through her issues and be able work as a firefighter again. I’ve been encouraging her. I think it would be a good thing.

        “That’s good just don’t chicken out.”

        She laughed then said, “I’m stopping by the station first so maybe I’ll see you before I go.”

        “Are you going to go see your brother?”

        “Yea I’ve been avoiding the family big time”

        She’s even been staying at my house more often so she doesn’t run into Trent. She feels like she’s damaged her family but I think they’ll pick up the pieces. She can’t always be the one to hold the family together.

        “I never asked you why you freaked out at the New Year’s Eve party.”

        “Your partner is kind of creepy,” she explained.

        “Did he do something?” I pushed.

        “Yea he touched me but you know me I freak out often so just forget about it, it was nothing.”

        “Okay. Just let me know how your therapy session goes,” I informed her before I kissed her good bye.

        I arrived at the station 20 minutes later. For the past two weeks nothing new has happened with the firefighter case. I was at a dead end. I’m good at figuring things out but this time I couldn’t. I have no suspect in custody or potential suspects. I don’t even have a motive. This is unusual for me.

        “Hey Kyle I got your mail,” Kingston said as he dropped my mail on my desk.

        “Hey man what happen with you and Lillianna at her sister’s party?”

        Kingston was the first friend I’ve made in a long time. I trust him fully so I find it odd when Lillianna calls him a creep. I had to question him.

        “Seriously man.” Kingston was pissed. “I only told your girlfriend what I’ve been telling you that your relationship is a bad idea.” Before I could add anything Kingston informed “I’ll be in my office,” then walked off.

        I get Kingston is trying to look out for me. I would do the same for him. Maybe Lillianna miss interrupted his words. She can be a little sensitive sometimes.

        I tried to forget about it by opening my mail but I was interrupted by the chief.

        “We need to talk,” the chief informed me in hard tone as he entered my office.

        I was sure he knew about Lillian and I. I was going to stay away from her until the case was solved but I just couldn’t. Now the chief was going to have my ass. This was not my day.

        “Look chief I know I’m wrong for dating your sister behind your back but….”

        “Your dating my sister,” the chief practically yelled.

        “Damn,” I said under my breath.

        So it wasn’t his sister he wanted to talk about and now I was really about to get it. Damn this was not my dad.  

        “I have no problem with you dating my sister after this case is solved. How the hell are you going to date her from Seattle? You are my best detective. I pay you well and gave you an office….”

        “What the hell are you talking about Chief,” I cut in loudly.

        “You applied for a job in Seattle; I just got the transfer request.” The chief hollered.

        I applied for that detective job in Seattle months ago and since forgotten about it. Months ago I was planning on moving again because that’s what I do best. Since then I’ve found my home.

        “What about Lillianna. This would hurt my sister.”

        “What is going on?” I heard Lillianna’s voice say behind her brother. “I can hear you guys arguing from down the hall.”

        This situation had just gotten worse.

        “Your boyfriend is moving to Seattle,” Chief shoved the transfer papers into Lillianna’s hand then exited my office slamming the door behind him.

        “He know’s?” Before I could answer her she added, “You’re leaving?”

        “Let me explain…”

        “I thought we had or have something good going on. I know you don’t stay long in one place but really,” Lillianna hollered.

        I honestly didn’t like seeing her angry at me. I felt like this was about to be our first couples fight and I would like to avoid it.

        “Lillianna…”

        “How could you not tell me!” she cut in as she tossed the transfer papers. “We said we loved each other and you’re just going to leave. Screw you!” She turned on her heels.

        “Lilly stop,” I called out before she could make it out of the door. “I sent that request the day before I even met you. It was a long time ago. I’ve long since forgot about it until today. I’m not leaving.” I explained.

        Lillianna turned to face me, “you promise.”

        I walked over to her. “I promise.”

        I kissed her on the lips and she smiled.

        “I’m sorry for going crazy. It’s just the thought of you leaving…”

        “I’m not going anywhere,” I cut in.

        “How did my brother find out about us?” she questioned.

        “Yea that was my fault.”

        She looked at her watch. “I could stay and miss my appointment or go”

        “Get out of here,” I pushed.

        She gave me one last kissed than left my office. I was going to have a chat with the chief but I decided to open the rest of my mail before that. I was in no hurry to talk with the chief about Seattle or his sister. However, that talk with chief came sooner than I thought once I got to the manila envelope labeled For Kyle Skyy. As soon as I got a good look at the picture I rushed to the chief’s office.

        “What do you want to detective?” he asked.

        “Look just listen.” Chief leaned back in his chair which meant I had his attention for the moment. “For my entire life I’ve moved from one home to another. I never made attachments as a child because I was in and out of foster homes. I never settle down or make friends. Until I came here.”

        “Why are you telling me this?” Chief cut in.

        “I turned in the transfer almost 6 months ago and I have…had no intention of leaving,” I explained.

        “Had what’s changed?”

        I handed him the manila envelope. He slowly opened it and pulled out the picture. He dropped the picture on the table and banged his fist on the desk. He was beyond pissed now.

        “As you see things have changed.”

        “How serious do you think this is?” chief asked.

        “According to the profile this person or persons mean business. What you see is serious.”

        “This will hurt my sister but she cannot know. But I’m behind you, you do what you have to do.”

        What I had to do would not sit right with me. I finally find my home and now I would have to leave it. Lillianna would be hurt, the pain I was about to cause her. However, my first priority was keeping her safe and this was the only way to do it.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 19K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
270K 6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
20.8K 2.2K 40
"Brothers ?" "Yeah" "Nah ! I will choose my boyfriend over my rude ass brothers" "Wow ! You hate your brothers that much, Olivia ?" "I despise them...
10.8K 121 22
In a world where everyone has a mark somewhere on their body where their soulmate will touch them, all is nice. Except for Naomi Lee, a Blasian woman...