Chapter 10: Lillianna

Chapter 10

                Once I left Tatyana's house I went to the police station to find Blake. I had some words for his lying ass but he wasn't in his office.  Since I was there I stop by Kent's office to say hi. I actually just wanted to past the time, hoping Blake just stepped out to the bathroom or something. I barely got to speak to Kent because he was on the phone handling business.  So I waved hi and bye all at once.

                I was going to stop pass Blake's office again when I passed an office door that read Detective Kyle Skyy. The door was shut and I was pretty sure he wasn’t there. I just wanted to know what his office looked like so I pushed the door open slowly. I was surprised to see Skyy standing in front of his desk holding his shirt up with his teeth.

                “What...” my eyes followed his hand to the side where he was trying to change his gauze dressing but it looked like he was struggling. “Let me help,” I said as I walked over to him.

                Skyy held his shirt up while I changed his dressing getting a nice look at his toned. 

                “Thanks,” Skyy said showing off his dimples with a smile.

                I couldn’t keep my eyes off him. His smile actually made my hands sweaty. He’s broad shoulders took up plenty of space and his body towered over me. I had a thought of standing on my tippy toes and leaning in to kiss him. That would never happen but I girl could dream.

                I wasn’t sure what was happening to me. I was feeling emotions I’ve never felt before. I’m attracted to Skyy but I desired to deny the attraction.

                “What are you doing here,” I asked as he took a seat in his leather desk chair.

                “Trying to get some work done.”

                Kyle Skyy strikes me as the type of guy who never followed anyone’s orders. I'm sure he should be on bed rest. Here he is working.

                He looked very fatigued and drained. His color was lighter than I remember and his eyes hung low. Yet he was still in his office.

                “You look like you haven’t slept in days,” I informed him.

                “I haven’t” he answered with a smirk. “Why are you here?” he added.

                “I was visiting my brother,” I informed him as I took a seat in the stool next to his desk.

                Skyy twisted in his chair so he could face me. “Something tells me there is more to that story.”

                There was more to my story but I was not going to tell a complete stranger about my family life. The dynamics of my dysfunctional family was none of his business. I don't think Kenton would want him knowing our family business either.

                “I can't just tell a stranger my personal life,” I explained to him.

                “Stranger?” He questioned.

                Skyy actually looked hurt and I didn't understand why. We are strangers who have causal conversations sometimes. Why would he be hurt? It's not like we’re friends or in a relationship.

                “I wouldn't say we are strangers. You spent hours in my hospital room. You’re the only person who actually likes hospital food and you enjoy watching reruns of I love Lucy. Would a complete stranger know that?” Before I could open my mouth to answer he added, “Or maybe our definition of strangers is completely different.”