Chapter 3: Detective Skyy

        I sat steel in bed watching the rain drops hit the glass ceiling of my new home. I felt empty and emotionless as I laid next to yet another beautiful girl. I don’t remember her name just like I don’t remember the name of the girl from last night.

        I’ve never been one to just sleep around but since I’ve been in Seattle I’ve been trying to fill this void. There is only one person who can fill the void but I was hoping late nights would distract me. But these late nights were night helping and I thought about her consistently. It made me feel guilty. The only way I will get her back was to focus on the case. What was I doing with a woman in my bed? It was stupid of me. Before the women could wake I grabbed my stuff and headed out the front door.

        I went to my office at the Station. I’m off the case involving Lillianna and its officially closed with no suspect in custody but I was not giving up. Just because the firefighter case was close does not mean Lillianna was safe. Being away from Lillianna did give me perspective. I was able to get in contact with the origin and cause investigator who was working the Firefighter case. I should have contacted him in the beginning but my judgment was clouded. Each fire started in the kitchen with a bottle of whiskey and a match.

        Many things could start a fire. Gasoline or methyl and they would have burned quicker. However our fire started with a bottle of whiskey, same brand every time. That let me know it was personal. Each of the homes support columns were rigged with explosives so the house would collapse. It takes skills to collapse a building, lucky our arsonist wasn’t skilled.

        I spent 5 hours looking at newspaper articles after newspaper article. I looked into every firer dated back 30 years ago that started with a bottle of whiskey. I narrowed it down to five.

        I gave Trenton Hoffman a call. Trent has connections that could help us in this case.

        “What’s going on,” he answered.

        “You alone?” I asked.

        “Yea man your good,” Chief Hoffman informed me.

        “I think I’m on to something but I need your help.”

        “Anything.”

        “I send you five fires that match what I’m looking for. I need you to tell me which fire started with Bellerhof.”

        “Whiskey?” Chief Hoffman questioned.

        “Not just any whiskey, it has to be bellerhof,” I informed him.

        “Okay this may take a while but I will get back to you as soon as possible.”

        Before Chief Hoffman could hang up I couldn’t resist asking, “how is she?”

        “I wouldn’t know she’s not talking to me,” with that the chief hung up and I was left to wonder about Lillianna, which I do daily.

        Even if I do solve this case what are the chances she would forgive me. There was no way I was getting the love of my life back but I was going to make sure she was safe. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if something happened to her. That’s why I’m here in Seattle without her.