Chapter 6: Lillianna

Chapter 6

        I spent an hour in Tatyana’s office talking about sisterly things and how we are going to help Dre. Dre is in desperate need of some help. The girl is not confirming who the father of her child is and she still chasing after Derrick.

        I would have to deal with Dre later because I had to go to work and talk to the chief. That I was not looking forward too.

        As soon as I walk into Chief Kelley’s office Sonny was standing there. I couldn’t even look him in the face. What was I going to say to him… ‘hey guess what I’m pregnant’. We aren’t even dating but I feel like he should know.

        “I’m sorry if I’m interrupting anything,” I said lowly. “I just wanted to talk to the chief but I can come back.”

        “We’re done,” Sonny informed me. “I’ll be around,” Sonny informed me before he exited the office.

        “What’s up Hoffman?”

        Was I supposed to blurt it all out or was I supposed to gently break it too him. Either way the Chief was going to be pissed to lose another man, well in my case woman.

        “Well I’ve gone and done the unexpected.” I figured a joked would be better. “I got pregnant who would have guessed,” I joked.

        Unfortunately, the chief was not laughing.

        “I’m not going to lie and say I’m happy that I’m losing another person but congratulations.” Chief said in a hard tone.  “We are still down one in paramedics so you can fill that slot. Your last shift is tonight.”

        Without another word I exited the chief’s office to find Sonny standing against the door frame. He probably just heard everything I just said and that was just great.

        I didn’t even stop to talk to him. I was a little pissed that he was listening to a private conversation. I walked to the ladies room which is also the men’s room without a word to him. Of course he followed me. I went into the stool to tinkle and came out to find him leaning against the sink with his arms crossed. Again I said nothing I just went to wash my hands.

        “I sensed something was wrong when you walked into the chief’s office so I stood outside the door and I heard your conversation. I was wrong for listening in but how come you didn’t tell me you were pregnant? Shouldn’t I be the first to know?” I said nothing as I dried my hands. “I am here for you Lilly. I will help you anyway I can. If you want me around I’ll be around but if you don’t then I won’t.”

        “I was pissed that you were listening.” I turned and leaned up against the sink next Sonny. “I went to the doctors today and saw the baby’s heartbeat.”

        “This changes nothing and I will help you in any way I can. Next time I will go with you. This changes nothing between us.”

        I knew Sonny wouldn’t turn the other way and walk away from me. That’s just who he is, an all-around nice guy. I thought Skyy was my nice guy but apparently not. Sometimes you can really be wrong about people.

        “I’m still not ready for a serious relationship but we could work on it,” I blurted out.

        “I’m not trying to marry you,” He joked causing me to laugh. “On the seriousness I’m just trying to be a part of your life and your child’s life.”