Chapter 6: Lillianna

Authors Note: Sorry it took so long. I’m very busy with gradschool work. I wrote this chapter in less than an hour so I hope you guys enjoy it and I promise to have at least 2 more chapter written by Sunday.

Chapter six

                I don’t know if I’m supposed to be happy that I’m alive or pissed off that another one of my colleges is died. It’s a miracle I’m alive but what about Gerald and his family. He has a wife, who’s pregnant and three other children. I think the wrong person lived. My siblings would miss me but trust me they would get over it. Gerald had kids and a wife that needed him but he was taken just like Conner. Why do I keep surviving? I don't want to die but why did they have to die?

                I only went into work because they were shorthanded. I don’t regret going to work I just wish I could save Gerald. I can barely remember what happened in that house. Flashbacks hunt me and keep me from sleeping but I still can’t wrap my head around what happened. The only thing I remember clearly is Gerald throwing me to the ground and shielding my body with his. Then I woke up in this hospital to my family who informed me that Gerald dead. They found Gerald's body onto of me. Apparently, his body shielded me from the debris and saved my life.

                I can’t seem to understand why I’m still alive. Why didn’t I die?

                My sisters keep telling me to be thankful right after they tell me to leave my job.

                Don’t get me wrong I am thankful. I just wish Conner and Gerald could be thankful with me. I wish none of this was happening. We took an oath to save people and we put our lives in danger. What do we get for that...a psychopath lunatic. That just doesn’t seem right.

                Maybe my sisters are right and I should quit. They only want me to quit so I can play housewife someday soon. I’m not like that though. Saving lives makes me feel like I’m doing something good in the world. Cooking, cleaning, and tending to a husband will only make me feel selfish and miserable. If Conner was in my position he would never give up the firefighter lifestyle, so he called it. I keep thinking, what would Conner do? I miss him so much.

                I was thankful that visiting hours were over because I was tired of my family. All they did was fight about why I should quit my job and who’s single that would be interested in me. They would never tell Kenton or Trenton to quit their jobs. Let’s face facts; Kenton's job is far more dangerous than mines. He's the chief of police, which has to be dangerous.

                They tell me because it’s a man’s job to protect us and a woman’s job to let her man be the protector.

                I love my sisters but they are fools. Their whole lives are wrapped around making their husbands happy. I watch Pamela with Blake and I realize you can’t make a man happy unless he wants to be happy. Pamela does everything and more for Blake. Blake repays her by cheating with any women with breast. I feel like everyone knows he’s cheating but no one wants to say it. They act like it’s not happening. Pamela wants all of us to believe she has a perfect marriage but we know the truth. Let me not get started on Tatyana and her husband. Her husband doesn’t even touch her or their adopted daughter.  I'm sure they haven't been intimate in over a year. As a matter of fact he maybe is cheating on her. I'm not even going to get on Dracula. She’s just a money hungry gold digger. I think Derrick is honestly faithful to her but she just after what’s in his wallet.  Keith is trapped in a loveless marriage. We barely hear from Keith who I'm sure is having an affair or two. Kenton spends most of his time in the office. To be 100 percent honest I've walked in on Kent with another woman. Trent's marriage is not perfect either. He did loss all of their hard earned money and it can't feel good to be living with your sister. However, I can say they do love each other.