chapter 25: Detective Skyy

Chapter 25

        I was startled from my sleep by my morning alarm. I quickly slammed my hand down on the alarm to shut it up before it woke Lillianna. When the alarm was silence I turned over to find Lillianna peacefully sleeping next to me. Clearly the alarm hadn’t bothered her much. I’ve noticed she can sleep through almost anything. Before I got myself together I stop and watched her sleep for a while.  

        Besides the fact that we were hiding our relationship everything in my life was great. I’ve never felt so alive or so at home. I’ve even unpacked some of my boxes. Unless Lillianna decided she no longer wants to see me, I’m staying here. I’ve finally found my home and it was here with her.

        After a few minutes I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for work. I was moving around the room and in and out of the bathroom getting ready. Lillianna didn’t move a muscle. She didn’t wake up until I was completely done with my morning routine.

        “You’re up,” I said to lillianna as I walked out the bathroom.

        “And you look sexy in a suit,” she flirted.

        “You look sexy naked,” I said has I admired her breast that was poking out from under the sheets.

        “I look ugly. I probably have bad hair and breath.” She joked. “I’ll make breakfast or something”

        “Don’t worry about that,” I informed her.

        Lillianna was no cook. Last night she almost burnt down my house trying to make hamburgers. For some reason she’s been trying to cook for me.

        “I’ve been practicing making eggs,” she informed me. “I can’t really make bacon yet but baby steps.”

        “You don’t need to cook for me.”

        “Trina says the way to a man heart is through his stomach.”

        “You don’t have to get to my heart when you already have it.” I informed her then gave her kiss on the forehead.

        “I have an appointment with the good doctor today,” Lillianna informed me.

        She’s been talking to me for a while about seeing a therapist. Mainly, because she wants to work through her issues and be able work as a firefighter again. I’ve been encouraging her. I think it would be a good thing.

        “That’s good just don’t chicken out.”

        She laughed then said, “I’m stopping by the station first so maybe I’ll see you before I go.”

        “Are you going to go see your brother?”

        “Yea I’ve been avoiding the family big time”

        She’s even been staying at my house more often so she doesn’t run into Trent. She feels like she’s damaged her family but I think they’ll pick up the pieces. She can’t always be the one to hold the family together.

        “I never asked you why you freaked out at the New Year’s Eve party.”

        “Your partner is kind of creepy,” she explained.

        “Did he do something?” I pushed.

        “Yea he touched me but you know me I freak out often so just forget about it, it was nothing.”