Chapter 20 Detective Skyy

Chapter 20

        I think Lillianna and I spent 30 minutes in the bathroom making out like we were teenagers. I can’t remember the last time I actually acted like a teenager.

        I’m sure we would have stayed in there all night just kissing if Trina hadn’t interrupted us to tell us dinner was ready.

        “Coming,” Lillianna said softly against my lips.

        “We should go,” I informed her.

        “Do we have to,” she said flirtatiously.

        I don’t know how she could go from being pissed off at me to wanting to make out but I wasn’t questioning her. As long as we could make out.

        I unlocked the door as she leaped of the bathroom counter. I exited the bathroom first to find Trina against the wall with a smirk. I gave her a shy weave as Lillianna exited the bathroom.

        “You guys make up,” Trina whispered to Lillianna but I could hear her loud and clear.

        “Yea he’s my boyfriend,” Lillianna joked.

        “Really,”

        “You were not supposed to hear that,” Lillianna laughed. “I was just joking.”

        “Sure,” I said as I lead the way down the stairs.

        I could hear Lillianna and Trina talking behind my back but I couldn’t make out their words.

        Once we reached the dining room everyone was sitting down and there was tons of food around the table. The little kids were already eating at their own table adjacent to the dining room table.

        I took the seat across from Lillianna and regrettably next to Blake, who gave me an evil glare. He was not happy to see me at one of his family gatherings.

        He even whispered to me, “Why are you here?”

        “The chief invited me.” Was my answer and that was the end of it.

        The chief said grace then everyone started passing dishes. As the corn was being passed my way I felt a foot go up my thigh and I nearly dropped the dish. Lillianna laughed as I gave her a hard look. I couldn’t concentrate on putting corn on my plate so I quickly passed it to Blake while Lillianna foot touched my foot.

        I wanted to jump across the table and kiss her but I remained calm.

        “So detective...”

        “Just call me Skyy,” I cut in.

        Pam, who I’d met earlier nodded her head then continued. “You here with my sister,” she asked as she pointed to Lillianna.

        “The Chief invited me,” I explained.

        “O it’s just looks like my sister is very fond of you.” She added. “Are you married?”

        “No.”

        “O well than maybe she’s not. Lilly over her only likes married men.”

        I could feel Lillianna tense up.

        “It’s Thanksgiving could you chill the fuck out,” Trina hollered.

        Trina strikes me as the type of girl who could chew you up and spit you out, literally. She probably got into a lot of fights as a kid.

        “Control your wife,” Pam hollered at Trent.

        “No Pam control your slut husband,” Trina hollered some more. “I’m pregnant and my harmonies are all over the place you do not want to mess with me today.”

        “Trina just let it go,” Trent said.

        “You always defend her. She’s talking shit about your sister. You know the one who took you in when you gambled away all of our money while Pam here talked shit about you,” Trina hollered. “You know the sister you took a bullet for not too long ago.”

        “I see we’re bringing up my gambling problem again!” Trent hollered.

        “No! We are bringing up your lack of defending your sister. The one you claim always holds you do and does anything for you. The sister you would die for. You sit her and let Pam disrespect her.” Trina hollered.

        “Maybe Pam has the right to,” Trent hollered back.

        “What!” Lillianna shrieked.

        “I’m sorry I love you and I’m not judging you but you tried to take your clothes off in front of Blake.”

        Tears were pouring from Lillianna’s eyes.

        “That is enough!” Chief hollered. “Pam Lilly did not try to sleep with your husband. Ask Blake why he would lie because I don’t know. Drop it!”

        Blake open is mouth to speak but Lillianna sobs interrupted him.

        “I expected everyone at this table to defend Pam but not you,” Lillianna cried as she looked at Trent. “I can’t believe you just said that to me.” She tossed the napkin in her lap on the table and stood to her feet. “For the record I did not try to sleep with Blake but someone at this table did sleep with Blake and it wasn’t Pam or me.” With that Lillianna stormed off.

        “Lilly,” Trina called.

        “I got it,” I informed her as I stood to my feet and followed her out the door.

        “Hey Lilly!” I called out.

        “I thought you only called me Lillianna?”

        “I wanted to hear how it sounded,” I joked as she continued to walk. “Hey slow down,” I said as she walked to the end of the drive way.

        She stopped and turned around to face me. “I road over her with Trent and Trina. Can you give me a lift?” She asked.