Chapter 15: Detective Skyy

A/N--I’m down with the semester! Now I’m back to writing full time. More chapters coming soon.

Chapter 15

        My night was filed with tossing and turning. I could not sleep no matter how hard I tired.

        I ended up going to the station at 5 in the morning. To pass the time I looked over the case file. I spent over 3 hours in my office looking over the file until my phone rung at 9.

        “Hey Chief,” I answered.

         “Where is Kingston!” Chief asked in a hard tone.

        How was I to know where Kingston was? Kingston is not my property. I decided to play nice with the captain so I simply said, “I don’t know.”

        “If you see Kingston tell him to give me a call.”

        The chief sounded angry, which is normal for him but this angry was more frightening. 

        “Ok”

        “I’m on my way back from a conference but I’m an hour away. I need you to get to the hospital now and take your evidence kit. Lilly only trusts you,” Chief ordered.

        Hospital and Lilly in one sentence worried me.

        “What the hell is going on Chief?”

        “Just get to Holy Cross hospital and look for my sister!”

        Before I could respond the Chief hung up with me. I did not question his authority especially since Lillianna was involved. I grabbed my evidence kit and rushed out the door where I ran into Kingston.

        “Call the Chief” I ordered as I walked down the hall. There was no time to explain. I had to make sure Lillianna was okay.

        As I drove to the hospital with my sirens on I heard reports over my police scanner of a shooting. Two police office and two fire fighters dead. One fire fighter was in critical condition. I was sure Lillianna was fine but I was still worried. I turned down the radio so I could call an associate and the hospital. Once I got what I needed I put my foot on the pedal.  In less than ten minutes I had illegally park and entered the hospital.

        The first person I ran into was Trina, who was an emotional wreck. She was crying and shaking uncontrollably. Immediately I was worried. 

        “What happened,” I asked her.

        “Trent is in critical condition and I can’t help Lilly right now because I’m too worried about my husband. She needs you. You are the only person’s she will let touch her. She won’t let anyone gather evidence from her. I don’t know what to do so I told Kent to send you,” Trina cried.

        “Do you need me to call their family,” I asked.

        Trina could barely get her words out and I wanted to help in any way I could.

        “They are on their way,” Trina cried.

        “Where is Lillianna?”

        Trina pointed down the hall. I nodded at her then headed in the direction Trina pointed out.

        Lillianna was standing outside of the examining room with her turnout bottoms on and a white tank top. Her white tank top was covered with blood and her bloody hands were trembling.

        “Lilly,” I said softly as I stood in front of her.

        Lillianna looked up and stared at me with tears stained checks. Before I could say anymore Lillianna drop to her knees and cried. I got down to her level. I wanted to hug her but I couldn’t or I would destroy evidence.

        “We have to get you to an examining room.” She nodded her head.

        I helped her to her feet and escorted her to an empty room that I obtained over the phone before I got to the hospital. Inside the room was Blake Smith. What the hell was he doing here?

        “Why are you here?” I asked.

        “Chief Hoffman asked me to be here.” Blake informed me. “I’m her brother in-law. I’m here to gather the evidence.”

        “No,” Lillianna called out. “You do it,” she said looking at me.

        I nodded my head. I dropped my evidence case by the door and helped her onto the end of the hospital bed.

        I pulled up a stool in front of her. “I have to take off your shirt,” I informed her.

        “I don’t want him in here,” She said lowly.

        “I’m not going anywhere.” Blake informed us arrogantly.

        “You’re not on this case Blake,” I informed him.

        “I need to know what happened Lilly,” Blake asked Lillianna.

        “I don’t want you here,” Lillianna cried.

        I looked back at Blake and ordered, “Get out!” He opened his mouth to protest but I cut in, “I am your superior.” Blake crossed is arms. “Get out or I will have your badge!” I yelled.

        Blake said noting more as he exited the room. I have never used my superiority on Blake. I try to be civil with him seems how we have to work together. But when it came to Lillianna I was willing to do anything thing. If Blake hadn’t left I would have forcibly put him out.

        I looked back to Lillianna to see she was still trembling.

        “Are you okay?” I asked.

        “let’s just get this over with,” was her response.

        I went to the door and pulled out gloves and evidence bags. I place the evidence bag on the bed next to her. I put on the latex gloves as Lillianna watched me.

        “I can step out while you take off your shirt and bra,” I informed her.

        “Just take it off,” she said lowly.

        The first thing I removed was her suspenders and placed them in an evidence bag. I used the scissors to remove her shirt. I bagged the shirt while she crossed her arms to cover her chest. I could tell she was uncomfortable. I removed my latex gloves and placed them in a bad then I removed my jacket and placed it on the on the hospital bed next to her. Then I removed my gun, then the gun holder and placed in on top of my jacket. I unbuttoned my oxford shirt and placed it around her shoulders. I retrieved a new pair of latex gloves and put them him. Then, I went under the back of the shirt and unhooked her bra. I pulled her bra through the front and closed the oxford shirt without her having to reveal anything. As I bag her bra she pulled her arms through the sleeve of my shirt and buttoned it up.

        “Thank you,” she whispered.

        I swapped the evidence from her hands then bagged it. Once I was finished I put it all back in the kit. I helped her wash her hands and face in the bathroom.

        “Where you hurt?” I asked.

        Her eyes went to her right thigh where I saw a tire.

        “Can I take these off,” I asked referring to her firefight pants.

        She nodded. I unstrapped her boots then pulled off her turnout. She had on firefighter sweat pants under. Before I could ask she pulled her pants halfway down so I could get a look at her wound. It was just a small graze. I cleaned it then wrapped it.

        As Lillianna pulled up her pants in walked my associate to retrieve the evidence and take it back to the lab