Chapter 11: Detective Skyy

Chapter 11

        The Chief had a warrant signed at 10 in the morning. After arranging for backup the chief and I approached the Dimmer residence around 11. The Chief knocked while I covered him. We didn’t know what to expect from this Dimmer guy so we were prepared for anything.

        I’ve only had the pleasure of meeting him once. He’s a classic sociopath. I showed him the pictures of those dead girls and he didn’t even flinch. Normal people would have some type of emotions shown on their face weather settle or not. This guy had none. Sociopaths are generally the ones I have a hard time reading or can’t read at all. Sociopath’s are very manipulative, which makes it hard for me to read them.

        We were armed and ready for anything.

        Kenton announced our arrival three times. There was no answer or sign of anyway one being home besides the sedan in the drive way. We already had a warrant so we did not need permission to enter the home.

        The chief and I stood back and allowed SWAT to break the door down.

        Once inside we cover the main floor and SWAT took the upstairs.

        “Clear,” Kent shout from the kitchen.

        “Clear,” I added as I exited the living room and entered the kitchen.

        “Basement,” Kent added as he aimed his gun at the door leading to the basement.

        I stood to the side and open the basement door. Once Kent cleared the stair leading to the basement I enter first with my gun drawn. Kent was right behind me.  He gestured with his hands that he would lead and I would cover his tail.

        I had a gut feeling something wasn’t right with this situation. There was an enormous amount of what looked like blood covering the floor and it was too silent. There was a car in the dive way so someone maybe home. I had the since he was waiting for us, which meant he maybe hiding somewhere. As we walked toward the back room, I started to look for small areas where a person could hide. That’s when I notice a small space between the washer and drying. Kneeling down was Dimmer with a rifle aim at Kent. I didn’t have enough time to shot or warn Kent.

        I tickled Kent to the ground taking three shots, one to the side and two to the back. Kent recovered quickly. He fired off one round wounding Dimmer in the knee. Before Dimmer could fire off another shot Kent dragged me by the collar to the corner by the steps for cover.

        “Please tell me you are wearing you vase?” Kent questioned as I slowly sat up.  

        “Never leave home without it,” I answered. “But it still hurts like hell,” I added.

        “Can you stand?”

        “Yea but we gotta get out of here I saw a bomb stabbed to his chest.”

        “Shit,” He shrieked.

        “You’re going to die today,” I heard Dimmer laugh as he fire off a couple of rounds.

        “I’ll cover and you get up stairs and get those men out of here.”

        Kent nodded as I rounded the corner and emptied my clip giving Kent time to run up the steps. As I changed my clip Dimmer used that time to empty his clip. I fired off two shots then ran up the stairs. I was right behind SWAT and Kent as they ran crossed the front yard when a loud expulsion erupted.