The Alpha's Young Mate

By thebittergreatness

19 year old Alpha Clayton finally comes home from being away for 5 years at Alpha Training, and when he is fi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Want to be part of the Story?
Now in the Story
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 37 | Part 2
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39 | Part 2
Chapter 40
Q & A
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49 | Part 2
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 55 | Part 2
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 23

432K 15.2K 1.4K
By thebittergreatness

Rosalind's POV

Today I am leaving the pack hospital, the pain in my back started to vanish very quickly because of that mate bond thing.

"You sure you're alright?" Clay asks while helping me off the bed.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine." I laugh at him, he's always so protective and it gets kind of annoying.

"I know, I know. I just want to make sure you're alright."

"I'm fine." I tell him. He smiles and leans in to kiss me, but I pull away. I don't feel like kissing right now, I just feel like getting out of this horrible room.

He frowns and kisses my cheek instead before he grabs my hand and leads me out of the hospital. As we walk down the hall to the main pack house area, a couple of pack members stare at me.

I ignore them and walk with Clay. When we reach the main room of the house, a few girls stare at me.

I turn to Clay, "I feel awkward.." I tell him as I look around at all the pack members that are looking me.

He chuckles and heads outside.
I try to ignore the members as I walk outside following Clay. When we get outside I see my dad talking with all the trackers, and Ace.

I forgot all about Ace. I haven't seen him since the day I went into a coma, which means I haven't broke things off with him yet.

Clay walks over to them, "Were did the rogue's scent end?"
They all turn to him as my dad answers, "Along the Southern Border."

My dad then sniffs the air and snaps his eyes to my neck. He growls slightly.

He looks back at Clay and they look at each other as if they are mind-linking. Ace looks at me and I give him a nervous smile, rage fills his eyes and he looks away immediately.

Okay, so I guess he knows Clay is my mate.

My dad turns to me, "Rose, can you leave us so we can discuss issues involving rogues."

I nod my head and walk away, back into the house. When I enter the house I see Alexa in the living room. "Whatcha doing lex?" I ask plopping down on the couch next to her.

She sniffs the air and looks at me with wide eyes.
"YOU'RE MARKED BY THE ALPHA!" She yells excitedly, even though she didn't have to yell because I am sitting right beside her.

"Yea, he's my mate." It feels weird to call him my mate, but yet it feels right.

"OH MY GOD! wait how'd you know he is your mate? You haven't shifted yet? Or did I sleep through your birthday somehow!"

I laugh at her, "He told me."

"You know what this makes you!"

"Um, no?"

"You're the Luna now!" She says while she rolls her eyes at me as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I forgot that when a Alpha to a pack marks his mate it makes their mate Luna.  How could I forget that? I'm too young to help control and protect a pack though. I'm not even 16 yet.

"It seems weird to think of myself as a high ranking like that." I laugh while Alexa gets up and starts jumping up and down.

"My best friend is the Luna! This is so awesome!"

"Calm down you over excited kangaroo." I tell her while standing up and heading to the kitchen.

She follows behind me, "Who you calling a kangaroo, you hippo."

After I put popcorn in the microwave I turn around to face her and raise an eyebrow, "You calling me fat?"

She thinks about it for a moment before saying, "Yea, whatcha gonna do about it? You hippo."

I turn my back to her so I can grab my popcorn out of the microwave before opening it.

"Is hippo to scared to answer? Poor crybaby." As she says that I dump a whole bag of buttery popcorn on her head. She stands in shock with her mouth open forming an 'O'.

"You did not just do that."

I smirk, "Oh, but I did kangaroo."
"Oh, it. Is. On." She says as she opens the fridge behind her and grabs out the jug of milk. She walks over to me as I back up and get cornered. She pours the milk on my head, smiles, and turn around to leave the kitchen but before she leaves, I grab the bag of flour out of the cupboard and dump it on her.

She freezes and looks at me. She runs to the fridge and pulls out a couple of eggs and throws them at me.

We start throwing so much food at each other, I don't even know what all I was throwing.

We laugh as we chase each other around the kitchen. I chase her all the way outside and tackle her to the ground.

"Get off me hippo!" She laughs while she looks like a crazy cook with flour covering her whole face. "Sorry fat assed kangaroo!" I laugh. She finally pushes me off and she starts chasing after me.

I run behind the house just as Clayton, my dad, and the trackers were coming out of the woods. They all stop what they are doing and watch Alexa and I.

Alexa pins me down to the ground, "You hippo!" It must look like we are fighting about something because Aiden, Alexa's mate, comes running and hurries over to us before pulling Alexa off me.

Clayton runs over to me and helps me off the ground while Alexa and I look at each other. We both smile and turn to our mates before wiping the food that is on us all over them.

Clayton looks down at his shirt that is now covered in egg yolk and some flour along with other foods. He looks back up at me, "Oh, you're going to get it!"

I scream and take off running towards the house with him following behind. I quickly open the door and hurry in without shutting it. I run past the living room and kitchen, laughing.

Everyone in the house watch me run past them with Clayton following after me, which makes me laugh even more.

I turn quickly and head up the stairs, when I reach the top I stop running and look down at Clayton to see how far ahead of him - and apparently I'm not to far, so I shouldn't have stopped.

I turn back around and start running again but I feel Clayton grab me by the waist and pick me up over his shoulder.

I start hitting his back with my fists and kicking my feet, "Aye! Put me down!"

He doesn't answer as he carries me down the stairs and into the kitchen, my struggling seems to not be helping me here. I stop kicking my feet and cross my arms.

He finally reaches the kitchen and goes to the fridge, he grabs out a egg - oh great not him too!
He puts me down and cracks it on my head.

I glare at him, "I'll wipe that smirk right off your face if you do that again." I turn to walk away but I feel another egg on my head.

I turn on my heel to face him while he raises an eyebrow at me. I smile and go in to give him a kiss, but without him knowing I grab an egg. Before our lips connect I smash the egg on his head.

I pull away and smile, he growls playfully and pulls me back to him by my wrist and kisses me.

It's weird to kiss him.

When he releases me he laughs, "You really should go shower, you smell like old milk." I hit his chest with my hand, "What a loving mate."

He smiles and I run upstairs to shower off.

When he chased after me and we goofed off it felt like I was young again and he wasn't known to me as my mate - he was just the guy that I had a childhood crush on. It also reminded me of how close we were before he left. I hope we can get close like that again, I really miss it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7M 219K 64
MATURE BOOK! MEANING MATURE THEMES, TOPICS SUCH AS SA, S*ICIDE, ETC... If ur definition of mature was just smut this book doesn't have it-BUT BEFORE...
350K 8.7K 43
After her pack was attacked by Rogues, Lucinda had to take over the pack as her parents died during. She is only 16. With the help of everyone in the...
17.1K 314 23
"Please sir it was a mistake, I didn't-" "I'll show you a mistake!" The Alpha said as he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me all across the floor he...
3.3M 117K 86
Mates are found before you turn 22 - that's the rule. If you don't, you are branded. Being branded as an Unfortunate isn't easy, and you can't come...