A Vampire Among Us (Fred Weas...

By WeaselB3e

Alexandria Desmond was turned into a vampire two years ago during her years at Hogwarts. She is now a Seventh... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 1

13.2K 208 47
By WeaselB3e

Hufflepuffs....the loyal and the just, that's what defines them and separates them from the rest.  

Alexandria, or Lexi some would call her, a seventh year Hufflepuff at Hogwarts always questioned why she was sorted into the house of the true when she had something to hide. Every student who caught a glimpse of her and knew anything of the magical world, knew in a heartbeat that she was part Veela. But what no one knew, was that she was a vampire, at least a fledgling-a new born vampire. Brushing out her strawberry blonde hair and letting the soft curls fall into place before putting on pink lipstick and some eyeliner to heighten her brown eyes, Alexandria questioned herself. 

How could she be a Hufflepuff? There was no way, she was extremely loyal. But was she an honest person? Not at all. The other virtues the house valued most identified Alexandria, but to her, she wasn't sure why she was put in this house.  As Alexandria got dressed for her morning classes, she questioned her life. Her position. The damned sorting hat. 

"Good morning," her closest and basically only friend, Vic greeted when she appeared outside of her common room. 

"Morning, Vic," she greeted with a small smile. 

"Need a pick me up?" He questioned, he was the only student who knew about her secret. Not on purpose, but rather on accident, he had been walking the Forbidden Forest when he caught her biting into a rabbit. Ever since that moment, Vic was a shadow, never leaving her side and always monitoring her. 

"I'm perfectly fine," she nodded, "just need some extra sausage when we arrive for breakfast is all." She felt her fangs prodding her bottom lip slightly, wanting to jump out and sink into the nearest source.

"Can you believe this is our last year here?" Vic mused as they walked the halls that had become their home. The blonde tips of his hair flopping to the side as they walked down the flight of stairs, towards the Great Hall. 

"What will we do when we get out of here?!" Alexandria said with fake horror. "I know, you'll be off becoming a famous auror and I'll be...hiding from the world." 

"Don't think like that," Vic reprimanded her. "You have your ring on right?" She revealed a beautiful gold ring that had a spell enacted on it in order for her to walk in the daylight. The second it was taken off, she'd burn a painful death in a matter of minutes. "You'll be off finding a cure, and I'll be right by your side helping." 

"That cure doesn't exist," Alexandria sighed with defeat.

"No, not this again. Lexi! We've had this talk, we can make a cure. It's simple really!" 

"There are things for keeping it suppressed but not riding me of it!" Alexandria shook her head in frustration. "It won't be simple, not one bit! If it was simple, vampires wouldn't exist!" 

"We'll find something, I know we will," Vic nodded firmly. He was always so confident that there was a way to reverse vampirism, and as Alexandria watched her friend, she saw exactly why he was a Ravenclaw. He was calculating and smart, his mind already formulating plans and ideas...but she knew that none would work.  

"Won't be able to if Voldemort continues to seep through the Ministry." 

"You see it too, eh?" 

"Everytime I see that damned paper," they took a seat at the Hufflepuff table, Alexandria making sure to take a few more sausages. 

"You won't hate me...will you? When I turn into a full-blown vampire?" She looked at her dearest friend, the first person she'd ever met on the train to Hogwarts. The person who knew what she was and accepted her without a second thought, the person who was always going to be by her side through everything. 

He looked at her like she was mad, "hate you?! I'll be there to help you from killing all the innocent little animals," he prodded her arm. "But you're going to be one hell of a girl when you change," he shook his head and whistled before biting into some toast.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" 

"Well, you're part Veela already, and what do they always say about vampires and their beauty?" Alexandria shrugged, "they say they're the most beautiful, deadly creatures that have graced our presence....you're going to be the envy of every single girl and the fantasy of every guy." 

"Except you."

"Except me because I'm like your brother." 

"I am already like that though, aren't I?" Alexandria mused with a small smile. 

"True....so maybe nothing will change after all!"

 Vic handed over a few more pieces of sausage as they discussed classes for the day, "I'll see you for...herbology and lunch... you have free period after that right?" 

"Right," Alexandria nodded, "then defense and charms and then dinner!" 

"Is tonight your um..." Vic looked around as Alexandria nodded once. "Should I meet you at all?" 

"I'll be fine, but if you care to walk around the black lake with me before, I won't stop you." 

"I don't have to watch...do I?" Alexandria always said no, after watching the rabbit lose it's life the day Vic found out...he didn't want to see anything else have the same treatment. 

"Of course not! I'll be in and out in thirty minutes as always." She always hated this conversation, it made her feel sick and disgusted with herself. She was a monster and no matter how hard she'd try to hide it, she couldn't, it was a part of her. 

"Your fangs are sticking out," Vic commented. 

***

It was night, the moon was bright as the two figures walked across the grounds in silence, Vic paused by the lake and took a spot at the edge of it as Alexandria quietly walked into the dark forest with her wand held high. She closed her eyes, breathing deep and sensing the world around her. Quick steps, a fast heart...there was something about twenty yards away that caught her attention, their scent perking Alexandira's interest. 

Alexandria moved with such grace across the floor until she spotted a few field mice at her feet. They weren't much....she frowned as she scooped them up. 

"I am sorry, I am so very sorry," she whispered before baring her fangs and sinking them into the first mouse. The blood tasted warm and salty as she felt the first mouse's heartbeat slow and finally stop in her hand; when both were still, she laid them on the forest floor and moved on. Hagrid said there were chickens nearby but she couldn't will herself to do that; even with permission...it felt wrong, she continued to move, when a fluttering of wings caught her eye. A rather small tawny owl. She'd seen it before, it had delivered a few packages over to the Gryffindor table. 

Biting her lip Alexandria paused before stalking the poor bird. She swore to not attack owls, but she had no choice at the moment, there was nothing else around. With a leap and bound, Alexandria caught the owl. It screeched and tried to escape but she coaxed it into submission by petting its head before sighing and releasing it. What else was there? 

Then she smelled it, it was sweet and alluring as she followed the scent. Within a few moments she was standing beside Vic who gazed up at her and nodded. 

"Still hungry, I see," he commented and capped a small vial. 

"Why do you have that?" She questioned, her throat dry and rough as she studied the alluring vial. 

"Emergencies," he noted. "Are you alright?"  

"I need one more thing..." she muttered, a voice in the back of her head was demanding the vial, knowing that source would be the perfect thing. "But there's nothing in the vicinity, I attacked an owl, but I let it go..." 

Alexandria fell to the ground and pressed her palms to her eyes, holding back hot tears, frustration rising through her body. "I hate this, I hate all of this....why can't I just be normal? Why am I such a monster?" 

"It was your fate, now calm down," Vic soothed. 

"You don't get it! You don't understand the pain I'm going through!" She lashed out. "Having to hide things from people, having to drink disgusting blood! I hate it, I hate it all!"

"You're right, I don't get it. But I'm here to help, now get your arse up and go find something to drink. Now." Vic was not one for bullshit, especially anything that involved crying. When Alexandira began to cry Vic's easy going personality was replaced with a strict pain in the ass. Alexandria quickly got to her feet and shook her head. "And enough of your sobbing, you need to get over what you are. It's been two years."

"There's nothing in there..."  Alexandria sniffed slightly, looking over her shoulder.

"Then do you-" 

"No, I will not bite you!" She hissed, Vic had offered more than once but Alexandria had turned it down. If she drank human blood she was afraid of what would happen to her, she knew of all the myths, all the stories of what happens when a vampire drinks human blood. They can go crazy from the taste and kill the victim, they can go in a blood induced rage, never quenching their thirst. 

Vic rolled his eyes and sighed, "then summon something, you're also a witch." 

Alexandria looked at her best friend and noticed he was laughing slightly, she smiled and took a deep breath. Closing her eyes and listening to the vibrations of the ground until she felt something strong enough, without another word she moved silently through the forest onto her prey.

Two minutes later, she was biting the neck of a young faun. It was a familiar one and as she let it go, she realized that she felt she was going to be sick. 

'How do you feel?" 

"I'm not hungry anymore....should last a week." 

"That's becoming a shorter and shorter period....have you brought it up to the professors yet?" 

Alexandria was quiet, sensing Vic give a roll of his eyes and muttering under his breath about how insufferable Alexandria was. 

They walked silently to the castle and up the stairs and through the corridors, separating only to go to their separate common rooms. When Alexandria entered hers, all eyes stopped and stared. Girls glared, especially seventh years while boys gawked at her beauty; the usual response to Alexandria entering a room. 

Alexandria had curves, Maryln Monroe kind of curves-big chest and a beautiful hourglass figure that many girls sought the perfect combination to. Her Veela looks also gave her the upper hand in beauty, she didn't even have to try. Which ticked every girl off. 

 As she laid in bed, her thoughts drifted to a life that was simple...no fear of being a vampire and found out, having maybe a few more friends. But that didn't concern her as much, friends and relationships were the last thing she wanted. Vic was a happy accident that could not be rewritten no matter how much Alexandria could try, and even if she went back in time, she wouldn't change their meeting for a second. 

 **** 

 As Vic walked the halls a first year Gryffindor turned into a wall, Vic suppressed a laugh as he continued on his way to the library. 

"You shouldn't laugh, it's not funny," Alexandria scowled at him. 

"It's funny to me!" Vic laughed, "let's start with that we're intimidating seventh years who walk with purpose and add the fact that you're part Veela and I'm just naturally gorgeous. When you add all of that together you get...well, us! and we're very fetching, don't you agree? So when you see us walking down the hall, doesn't that make it funny when smaller students make a fool of themselves trying to run away?" 

Alexandria shook her head while smirking, Vic noticed her natural gait change and her spine get slightly straighter. 

"I suppose it's a tiny bit funny," she muttered as they entered the library. 

"Good afternoon, Miss Desmond," a sixth year Gryffindor said with a stutter. 

Alexandria gave a warm smile, watching the boy quiver slightly, "hello, Seamus." 

"Excuse us," Vic said from beside her, shaking his head at the boy's antics. "See? You have them drooling over you." 

Alexandria shrugged, she didn't like special treatment, but she was Veela. There was no stopping the spectical that she caused, why let it go to waste? "I just don't like it." 

"Oh stop, you know you love it when a boy looks at you and shakes in fear and awe," Vic prodded her ribs with his wand. 

To be honest, Alexandria didn't. She hated that boys were afraid of her, Vic was the only one immune to her stunning looks, the girls despised her which only left her to confide in Vic for any and everything. Not that it mattered really. They were attached to the hip in reality and she loved it. Alexandria sighed slightly, the only other boys she'd met that hadn't shaken with awe were the Weasley twins, but they were gone now. Besides, she was more awestruck than they were, they had been a year ahead of her and she had always wanted to tell them how she liked hanging out with them, they made her feel normal and forget that she was actually a monster...she never got a chance in the end. 

"I know that look...you're thinking about a boy," Vic commented which brought her back to the moment. 

"I am not!" Alexandria hissed. 

"I've known you for several years now, no use in lying, Lex." 

Alexandria shook her head and rolled her eyes as Vic got up and grabbed books for their assignments. "Why am I even friends with you?" 

"Let's start with how you make all other boys nervous and all girls hate you," Vic wagged his eyebrows with a smirk. 

"Oh..yes...that," Alexandria wrinkled her nose as she opened a dusty textbook and flipped through pages. "I hate you for making me take divination all these years. It's pointless!" Vic pulled out a glass ball from his bag, "have you...been carrying that around all day?" Her eyebrow raising and giving Vic a scowl.

"Just after breakfast, I asked to borrow it." 

"This is stupid." 

"You're stupid." 

"You're immature." 

"Shut up and practice already!" Vic swatted at her hands and placed the orb in front of her, "I want a passing from you so you need to learn how to use this properly. Our N.E.W.T.S. are soon and you need to prepare for them." 

Alexandira huffed, "can't I work on Charms instead?" 

"No, now go!" Vic said as he leaned into his seat. 

Alexandria muttered a few insults his way before looking into the clouded orb, nothing happened as they sat there in silence for a few moments. Nothing would ever happen, Alexandria thought. It was a stupid old orb for a stupid class that didn't matter at all. She was about to tell Vic off for wasting her time when the smoke formed and shimmered, images appearing before her. 

Looking closer, Alexandria could make out an image. It was dark but there was a light flickering, all that shown was a hand dripping blood...the blood dripped from the person's arm across its hand and over the fingers. Well manicured fingers with a gold band on the middle finger. the band had a moon surrounded by two stars. 

With a jump Alexandria jumped to her feet, causing the ball to roll away and Vic to shout at her, Alexandria clasped her hands over her mouth as her breathing hitched.

"What was that for?! Just because I made you practice?!" Vic whispered harshly. 

"I saw something," Alexandria said, panic was coursing through her, looking to Vic with big eyes. 

"That's the point, Lexi. What's the big deal?" Vic rolled his eyes at her. 

Alexandria looked down at her left hand, on her middle finger sat the gold band that allowed her to walk comfortably during the day. It had a crescent moon with a star on either side of it, it had been a gift from Vic in their third year, and when she was asked to make something valuable into a day walking ring she'd chosen it on the spot. Alexandria held up her hand, showing the ring off to Vic. 

"I saw a hand covered in blood." 

Vic looked shocked but shrugged, "okay....but why did you freak out so badly then?" 

"Because," she shook her hand in his face, "because it was this hand I saw. It was my hand covered in blood." 

"Impossible," Vic shook his head, sweat prickling the back of his neck. 

"The ring, I saw the ring on my finger-just like this! Vic..." she took a deep breath, "what does it mean?" 

Vic was quiet as he studied his best friend, not knowing exactly what to say. It could be a vision of the future, it could be nothing but either way it froze Vic down to his core. 

"Vic. Say something," Alexandria said urgently, she didn't like to be kept waiting especially on an important matter. 

"I think we need to see Dumbledore right away," Vic said calmly, his heart racing and thoughts swirling rapidly in his mind. 

~*~*~

Welcome, Welcome to another story of mine! I hope you find it interesting! if you do leave a comment :)  I want thoughts and predictions and all the likes! 

so please do! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.3K 80
Diana Dursley turned 12 and her whole life flipped as she knew it once that Hogwarts letter arrived at her parent's doorsteps. After her family was f...
116K 3.1K 20
Charlotte Hale's 7th and final year of Hogwarts has arrived but with this year, her past has come to find her while she experiences an internship in...
44.7K 1.5K 35
George Weasley x Original Character When Olivia joins Hogwarts in her fourth year it takes a while for her to settle in, the chemistry between her an...
56.5K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...