Older Hiccup x reader- moment...

By clarinetgirl301

Hiccup x reader oneshots More

Please send requests!
Not the Only Hiccup in Town
Not the Only Hiccup in Town Part Two
Fight
Happy anniversary
Words like knifes and words like roses part 1
Words like knifes and words like roses: part 2
Words like knifes and words like roses part 3
A healed relationship
Too late part 1
Happy snoggletog!
I was tagged
Dragon lady
Question & A/n
One last talk
Hey guys
Not sure what exactly this is
Time to vote!
The votes are in!
Wow I guess you really are that ticklish
I can't sleep without you here
I'm not okay
Sh...You're safe now
I never meant to hurt you
A/n - younow
Drunken confessions
New story!
live
DAPGO
Going live once again
Cynthia Special (Part 1)
Special authors note
For Forever
A/n - Important Information!

They're wrong

8.1K 159 146
By clarinetgirl301

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long! Being that my summer vacations almost up, my parents have gotten me stressed over school. And I just got some distressing news, that I'll be forced to have summer school next summer because my school doesn't have enough room in a required class of mine, and this is the last year they offer it. So, yeah, I'm not happy.

Anyways, sorry for that rant, I just had to get it off my chest.

This was a request from @SageBaxter

Disclaimer, I don't own anything
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your POV

"Come on, (D/n)! Slow down!"

You were running to catch up to your dragon, a (D/t), who had decided to go for a free run. He/she was a grown dragon, yet one of the most hyper ones you had seen.

You finally caught up to he/her, and stopped her from running any further. Once he/she was calmed down, you leaned against your knees, catching your breath.

"Geez, (d/n)...couldn't you have cut me some slack? You know I can't run as fast as you." You say in between pants.

(D/n) purrs, and nuzzles your face gently as an apology, making you smile.

"Alright, fine. I forgive you." You say, Petting him/her.

"Ha! Even her dragon wants to get away from her!"

You tense as the familiar voice of Snotlout rings through the air, followed by the sound of the gangs laughter.

(D/n) growls, getting in front of you as you turn to face the group.

"She was just going for a run." You say calmly, keeping your face emotionless.

Tuffnut tilts his head, "Isn't 'run' the term for trying to get away from something? Cause if not, I've been lied to."

Astrid rolls her eyes, turning to face you again, "No one here likes you,
(Y/n)."

Her words stung, but you knew better then to let it show on your face.

"So I've been told." You shrug.

"Then why don't you just leave berk? Seriously, no one wants you here." Snotlout pipes up.

You glance over at him, and astrid takes that moment to motion stomfly to shoot a few barbs at your feet.

You jump back, letting out a yelp as you fall backwards.

The groups laughs, before flying away. (D/n) walks over to you, whimpering worriedly.

You sigh, petting him/her, "It's alright, (d/n), I'm okay." You say sadly.

(D/n) looks at you sadly before nuzzling your face, hoping to help. You smile faintly, knowing at least he/she cared.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" A new voice asks.

You jump at the new voice, and turn to see Hiccup standing there with toothless by his side.

(D/n) smiles, and rushes to greet toothless, while Hiccup reached down to help you up.

"Are you alright?" He asks again.

You nod, knowing he was only asking because he was one of the many Vikings who only talked to you because they pitied you.

"Of course. (D/n) just got a bit excited, and knocked me down." You lie, forcing a fake smile on your face.

He gives you a look, "Really?" He asks, to which you nod again in response.

You could tell he was still curious, but he seemed to let it go for the moment.

"Well, what are you doing out here?" He asks, changing the subject.

"(D/n) decided to go for a joy run." You explain.

"Oh. Well, (D/t)'s are hyper dragons." He says.

You nod in agreement, "Well, (D/n) and I should probably get going." You say, and start to walk away when his voice stops you.

"Wait, are you sure you don't want to hang out? Maybe go on a walk?"

You turn to look at him, a skeptical look on your face.

"I thought you didn't like me." You say, face palming mentally after it exited your mouth.

He chuckles, "Of course I like you, (y/n). We've been friends for as long as I can remember."

You look down slightly as memories of the days where you were joined at the hip with him ran through your head. You were able to say those were the best days of your life. The days before he had become the popular dragon trainer he is today.

"What would make you think that I didn't like you?" He asks, tilting his head.

You look back up at him, "Well, you sorta stopped talking to me after you started hanging out with the gang." You say quietly.

He laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his neck, "Yeah...sorry about that. I know that just saying that won't do anything, but I never meant to just leave you alone like that." He explains.

You tilt your head, but don't say anything that would make him continue rambling.

"Okay. Well, I guess I understand." You say, not sure what else to say to that.

He gives you a smile, and you force a fake smile back.

"So, how's about that walk?" He asks, grinning.

You think about it, only thinking of two things that could go wrong. One, this could all be a big set up, and you were just getting your hopes up to be crushed again. Or two, the gang could see you two together and get the wrong idea. You had already seen the bad side of astrid, and you definitely didn't want to see the jealous side of astrid.

After a minute, you sigh, "I guess." You say.

You both start walking back towards the village slowly, the dragons following behind you.

"So, how's life been for you lately?" He asks after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"The usual." You say simply, shrugging.

'Yeah, except for the fact that your whole group of friends has been treating me like garbage for the past two years, and not telling you. But yeah, thanks for your concern' you think to yourself.

"That's good." He says, "Being the 'dragon trainer', the chief, and a normal person to all my friends is getting to be a bit much for me."

You look at him, "You do realize that since you're the chief, and the guy who taught us all that dragons can be our friends, they won't ever look at you like a normal person again, right?" You ask.

He tilts his head, "What do you mean?" He asks.

"Well, you went from being a complete no body to all of a sudden popular big shot. No one looks at you the same anymore. I mean, people only started talking to you after you did the unthinkable, and only after that. Before that they didn't even know you existed." You explain.

You notice that he still had a slightly confused look on his face, and you sigh.

"Okay, all I meant to say was those people aren't always the best people to hang around." You say.

He tilts his head, a confused look still on his face.

You roll your eyes, 'still the same Hiccup I guess.' You think.

"You know what? Just forget I said anything." You say dismissively, crossing your arms as you walked.

He still had a confused look on his face, though now it was joined with a small smile, one that you failed to notice.

"I should be getting home, and I'm sure you have chiefly duties you need to attend to." You say once your house comes into view.

"Yeah, I do." He says distractedly.

You tilt your head, but shrug his behavior off.

"Nice talking to you again, Hiccup." You say, waving slightly before you and (d/n) made your way to your house.

"Yeah...you too." You hear him say before you walked inside your house, shutting it after you and (d/n) were both inside.

<time skip>

"(Y/n)! Hurry up! They're serving lunch at the mead hall!"

"Coming dad!" You call down the stairs.

You quickly put your hair up, and you and (d/n) walk downstairs.

You give your dad a look, "Seriously dad, I'm twenty, I think I know when lunch is served." You say, crossing your arms.

"Just go already." He says, smiling at you.

You smile back, "meet ya there, okay?" You ask.

He nods, and you look up the stairs, "Meet you at the mead hall, mom!" You call up.

"Bye (Y/n)!" Her voice rang down the stairs.

You walk out of your house, and towards the mead hall.

You walk inside, (d/n) following. You quickly get your food, and went to sit down.

"Oh great. It's bad enough she takes up a house on our island, now we have to see her while we eat?" Snotlout's voice rang out again.

You look to your left to see the gang sitting a few seats down from you. You had failed to notice that you had sat by them.

"Great, I'm not hungry anymore." Tuffnut says, "Thanks (y/n)." He adds sarcastically.

You roll your eyes, and continue to eat as (d/n) gave a warning growl to the gang.

"Um, didn't you hear a word we just said? It was our nice way of saying leave." Astrid says, crossing her arms.

You grin in amusement, "That was your nice way? I'd hate to see the mean way."

"Don't get smart with us, (y/n)." Astrid says, narrowing her eyes at you.

"Then don't give any comments that I could be smart with." You say, glaring back at her.

"I hate it when she does that! Oh, my head hurts!" Ruffnut exclaims, holding her head.

"(Y/n), leave right now." Astrid says.

"No chance. I have just as much a right to eat here as you do." You say, turning back to your food.

"When will you get this tiny message through your thick brain? No one likes you, so just beat it!" She exclaims, standing up.

"It's gonna take a lot more then that to get me to go." You say, standing up as well.

"Why do you stick around? Everyone hates you! And it's not like you'll have any family left soon!" She says.

You felt a lump form in your throat, knowing where she was heading.

"Astrid stop." You say, your voice cracking slightly, your glare increasing.

It was then you noticed that your fight with Astrid had gotten the attention of many people in the hall.

"Since your dad is leaving berk for a month, and your mom is incredibly sick! You'll soon have no one here who loves you!" she yells.

You try to keep your glare, but you knew she was right. Before you can stop yourself, you feel tears start to stream down your cheek. You quickly rush towards the door of the hall, covering your face.

You feel yourself bump into someone, but just keep running.

"(Y/n?)"

You run faster as you hear the new voice. You run until you reach the cove. You collapse to your knees, the sobs consuming you.

(D/n) whimpers, and nudges your arm lightly. You don't respond, only let out more sobs, making her whimper again.

"(Y/n)...?" The same voice from before rang through your ears.

You hold your knees tighter to your chest, not looking up, "G-go a-away." You stammer, your voice hoarse.

You didn't want anyone to see you like this, especially him.

"(Y/n), it's okay." You hear him say, and hear him plop down on the ground next to you.

You shake your head, "N-no...I-I'm not supposed t-to show this s-side of me." You say, another sob escaping your mouth.

"Sometimes you have to." He says, wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

You tense at the touch that seemed vaguely familiar. The fact that it barely was familiar to you now just broke your heart.

You bite your lip before giving in. You let out the sobs you had been holding back while he was here, grabbing him in a hug.

He hugs back quickly, whispering comforting things quietly.

You bury your face in his shoulder, tears streaming down your face.

After a while of repeating this, you slowly stop crying. He didn't let go of you, only held you tighter. You weren't complaining though.

"They're wrong, (y/n)."

You blink, and look up into his forest green eyes with confusion, "What?"

"What they said, they're wrong. About everything." He repeats.

You sigh, "No...they're right. No one likes me, and the only people who do I'm going to loose soon, I-"

"I like you." He interrupts you.

You look at him in slightly shock, but quickly shake it off, "Hiccup, you didn't talk to me for years."

"I apologized for that. I really do feel bad, but I figure I can make up for it now." He says.

You give him another confused look, and he smiles.

"Remember yesterday, how you said the gang weren't the best people to be hanging around with?" He asks.

You nod slightly, "I didn't say the gang directly." You mumble, making him chuckle.

"I got your drift though." He says, "but anyway, the reason I was so confused was because if I hadn't have known any better, I would've thought that you were telling me I should've been hanging around you."

You blush lightly, "That might've been something I was trying to get into your head." You say quietly.

"Don't be embarrassed, (y/n), I understand." He says.

You bite your lip, was he saying what you thought he was saying?

"(Y/n), I really do like you. I realized this after our walk yesterday, and after astrid's little stunt just now... I love you, (y/n)."

You look at him with shock, before smiling, "I-I love you too!" You exclaim.

He hugs you tightly, and you didn't hesitate to return the favor.

"After what Astrid said to you, I broke up with her. I realized you were right, that they weren't the group I should be hanging out with." He says.

You smile, shutting your eyes.

"But see? She was wrong anyway. You have me, (d/n), and toothless." He says.

You pull away, "Yeah yeah, I get it. She was wrong." You smile before pulling him into a kiss.

It was like nothing you had ever imagined, yet also just how you had pictured it.

You both pull away after a minute, your forehead leaning on his.

"I love you, (y/n)." He whispers.

You smile, "I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So so sorry this took so long! I really hope this makes up for keeping you waiting!

I hope you enjoyed, @SageBaxter . I feel like it wasn't as good as it could be, but I did my best.

I hope you enjoyed, and please leave requests! I always enjoy getting new ones!

Thanks for reading! See ya guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 6.2K 33
The reader is a female. I'm making one because I love these, I might include a Plagg x reader because he counts. Please request
138K 2K 18
Just a few Hiccstrid One-shots. Mainly consisting of fluffy fluff. *super slow updates*
381K 7.7K 55
Just some Sherlock x Reader oneshots written by me!
121K 2.6K 45
Oneshots! Oneshots! Get your Foolsamponk oneshots here! Fluff Angst Lemon YOU NAME IT I am taking some request so bring it onnnn