Consequences of Falling in Lo...

By PrettyRandom

She has had her heart broken so many times, she can barely keep count…. He has broken so many girls hearts t... More

New Roommate
Catching Up
House Rules
Class Field Trip
Welcome Back Party !
The Aftermath
Avoidance is Never the Key
Always Expect the Unexpected
Do you Remember Summer of 09'?
I Think you Need to Calm Down
Frat boys in Knickers? (Bonus Edition)
Adjusting
Lunch with the Horan's
Don't Worry About Where We're Going, It's a Surprise
Welcome To Heaven (Or is it Hell?) Long Version
The Confession
I'm Not Jealous I Swear
Aren't You Being A Hypocrite?
I'm Doing The Right Thing Aren't I?
It's My Birthday! (Time To Get Arrested) Long
The Set Up
Before Anyone Else In The World Knew (Long)
Gym, Tan, Find Out What Niall Is Hiding
The Din
The Din (Niall's POV) Long
Just A Little Detective Work
We Need To Talk
20 Questions
The Break-In
Modern Day Taker's
What Do You Mean My Father Was Murdered?
The Reason Why He Thinks This Is Bad/Forbidden
Bring In The Payne !
Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow's a Mystery (Long)
Two Can Play That Game
Heart Killer (Long Version)
Do You Remember When ?
Blondes Have The Most Fun (CPW Part 1)
I Can't Find Niall (CPW Part 2)
Cold Coffee (CPW Part 3 Long)
That Girl (Long)
Date Night
A Not So Winter Wonderland (Long)
Where Am I?
A Shocking Surprise
Tracking and Questioning
So What If I'm Selfish? (Long)
I'll Be Dreaming Of You Tonight
Let's Make A Deal (Long)
The Meet (Long)
Operation Breakout!
"You Are So Beautiful" (Long)
Home Is Where The Heart Is (Long)
You're Joking Right? (Long)
Time To Meet 'The Unwanted' Bodyguards
Yeah, This Isn't Going To Work
The Boys Are Back and Here's Trouble (LONG)
Return of The Dead Exes
"I Just Need To Think"
'Get Your Shit Together'
"It Was Just A Movie, Nothing More."
What Is It Going To Be?
A Promise Is A Promise
Need You Now
Styles Is In Town!
Welcome To California ! (Long)
"She Isn't Ready For This"
Bad Girl (Long)
Mixed Signal's (Part 1)
2 of You (Part 2 of Mixed Signal's)(Long)
Family Time (Looks Like A Bonfire Night)
Our First Meet (Long)
Club Lure (Long)
All Over Again
And The Guest Star Is..........
Memory Lane
The Letter's
To Ireland I Go
You're Back! (Long)
Simon's Threat
Something Unexpected
Silence (Long)
Unwanted Visitors
I'm Not Doing This Again
Suspicious (Part 1 Of 2)
With Dark, Comes Drama (Part 2 of 2)
Storm Front
Sparklers!
Meet Tyler Oakley (Long)
"Fighting Won't Solve Anything!"
BathTime (Dark)
Back To England (Long)
"Why!"
What If.......
Two days Later
Trying To Hold It Together
It Was Planned (Long)
Krista Talk's (LONG)
No New Friends...

Back To School! Yay? (Long)

3.5K 89 13
By PrettyRandom

Chapter 34

Melissa POV

“I don’t get it; you have a perfect set up here. You don’t have to worry about anything and you can come and go as you please. Why do you want to go back to school?” asked Niall as he picks up our plates taking them to the kitchen.

“I do get tired of hanging with you guys all the time, I would like to be around some girls to level out all this testosterone that I’m surrounded by daily.” I explained.

“Then put Haz in a dress and some heels and go shopping.”

“It wouldn’t be the same.”

“Why not?”

“Look Max is already sick of me dragging him shopping, Louis refuses to go shoe shopping with me after that one time he told that lady peach was not her color and she almost cut him.”

Niall laughs, “I remember that, funny shite.”

Rolling my eyes I continued, “Harry says he doesn’t like going to Barnes and Noble, and you have banned chick flicks in this place.”

“That’s not my fault you should have picked another movie.”

“You was the one who said you wanted to watch ‘Beastly’.”

“No I said we could watch that movie ‘A walk to memories’”

“It’s called A walk to remember.”

“No it’s called never being played in my flat again. You want chick flick night you go ask Sasha from next door. I’ll bet she’d be thrilled to watch it with you.”

“Your neighbor is 83 years old!”

“See and that would make it a perfect play date, you can talk with her through the first 15 minutes and by the time they introduce the main character’s love interest she’ll be fast asleep snoring.” Says Niall laughing as he puts the dishes in the dishwasher.

“That’s not funny Niall! I need interactions with people other than you, Max, Harry, and Louis.”

“What about Liam have you even tried asking him to hang?”

“I asked that asshole if he could take me to the pharmacy and he had the nerve to ask me was I going to pick up condoms to come hang out with him, and if I was, to make sure to get the extra-large, he said and I quote, ‘I don’t want nothing breaking since I’m a big guy. Well big where it counts.’”

Me and Niall shuddered at the same time as Niall says, “Okay you could have kept that to yourself, I didn’t not need that visual.”

“Since I had to hear it and he is your friend, you are going to suffer along with me.”

Grabbing his phone Niall says, “Why can’t you just do online classes?”

“Because I need human interaction Niall and don’t you dare say that there are plenty of humans around here, because your neighbors are creepy as hell.”

“They are not.”

“Are so! Mr. Jefferson asked me to give him a sponge bath last week.”

Standing at the table Niall says, “What can I say, Mr. Jefferson loves sponge baths. He probably thought you was his nurse.”

“Then what about Mr. Keenly asking me every day to help him to his car.”

“He is an older person who likes assistants.”

“Bullshit 3 days in a row he asked me can I drive him to that brothel on Main.”

“The man loves his women.”

“He thought I worked there Niall!”

Niall smiled and said, “I wonder what you would like in one of those skimpy outfits.” Tilting his head to the ceiling like he was lost in thought I picked up a pillow and tossed it at him as he starts laughing, “I’m sorry kind of forgot what we were talking about for a second.”

“Niall school starts back in a few days please can I go back? I’ll cut down my class schedules if that will make you happy.”

Niall shakes his head, “My answer is still no.”

Getting up I walked to Niall standing right in front of him as I took his hands. Looking up at Niall I said, “I haven’t asked you for anything since the day I moved in, and all I’m asking for now is for you to let me go back to school when it starts. You can pick the classes that you and the boys can keep tabs on me at, and I’ll even ride to class with you guys. Just please let me go back. I miss my friends, and I know you miss your friends.”

Niall looks at me and bites the bottom of his lip. Closing his eyes he sighs as he leans his head back letting go of my hands, rubbing them over his face he groans and says, “Something’s telling me I’m going to hate this.”

Jumping up and down I wrap my arms around Niall as I yell, “Thank you!”

“Yeah, yeah whatever.” Says Niall as he smiles.

----------------------------

3 weeks with no classes, was torturous but being back at school for 2 weeks it felt like I never left. I dropped dance class so I could spend it training inbetween studying. Me and Nicole were attached at the hip when I got back, I never thought I would miss her as much as I did, but during the first day back we had this huge scream and run to each other, hugging while we did that dramatic crying where we couldn’t form words just awkward mumbles.

So like ever Wednesday I headed to the library to study, the only thing different this time around was that the boys took turns dropping me off since they didn’t trust me driving my car back around town, just in case who ever broke the condo windows, was still looking for me.

“Alright what time is Niall picking you up? asked Harry as we pulled into the library parking lot.

“I think 7:00, because he was meeting up with some girl after your frat meeting. God I can’t wait to get my car.” I said as I grabbed my books from the backseat.

“What you don’t like having a personal car service?”

“You aren’t a car service because last time I check, car services don’t leave their customer sitting outside the biology room for 4 hours.”

“I said I was sorry.”

“I know, I just miss being able to go places whenever I felt like it and not having to worry about if I’m conflicting with your plans or not.”

“You don’t bother us Melly.”

“So you say.” Grabbing my books I opened the door, getting out the car, “I’ll call you later.” I say as I close the door.

“Alright have a nice study session love.”

Turning around I start laughing as I said, “Will do dad.” Harry smiles as he presses on the gas, causing a loud roar with his engine, as he shifts gear speeding out the parking lot. Him and the Audi are going to get into an accident one day you just watch.

Meeting up with a few friends from Biology we sat discussing our test for next week.

-------------------------------

We worked for about a few hours when they all started leaving. Glancing at my phone I seen I had an incoming text from Niall.

Wrapping up my stuff now, I’ll be omw in 20 minutes.

‘Wrapping up your stuff’ do I even want to know that means? I replied.

Um probably not. Haha

I swear you are just a sick individual.

If the shoe fits princess, and they do ;)

Just hurry the place is closing early and it looks like it’s going to rain.

Leaving in 10

Locking my phone I drop it back in my purse, as I went to go over the last of my notes again to kill time.

----------------------

Niall ended up taking longer than 20 minutes so with the library locking up I went and stood at the student center near the parking lot. There weren’t many cars around so I stood rubbing my arms, regretting the fact that I left my jacket in Max’s car this morning. I stood there for a few moments when I heard approaching footsteps. Turning around I took in the figure as it walked towards me. Stepping back bracing myself to run I stopped and squinted against the dark to see the person walking up was Tyler. As he steps into the parking lots, light post I smiled and took a breath, “Holy shit you scared me.” I said placing my hand over my now fast beating heart.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.” Says Tyler.

“It’s okay. What are you doing here? I thought you left town.”

“I did, but I came back to handle some business.” Glancing around he says, “You by yourself?”

Something about the way he just came out of know where like he knew I was here flashed red flags in my head. So doing what I was taught I lied, “No my friend just went to get her car she should be pulling up in a minute.”

Tyler looks at me and says, “My car is just around the corner I’ll drop you off, if you like.”

Shaking my head I said, “No that’s fine.”

“Oh come on, I’m going in that direction anyways.” Said Tyler sticking his hands in his pocket as he takes a step towards me.

Taking a mimicking step back I said, “No I’m okay, but thank you.”

Tyler rolled his neck as he took his hands out of his pocket, “I really had hoped you just came with no problem, but now it looks like I’m going to have to force you.”

“What are you…?” I stopped looking at Tyler’s face as it changed into something more sinister. As if it was an instinct I dropped my books and backpack as I took off running. I thought maybe I was being jumpy and probably assuming that he was trying to come after me. That was until I heard heavy footsteps approaching quickly behind me.

Pushing myself to run faster I was just about to round corner of the science building when a hand grabbed my arm yanking me back as they spun me around pushing me into a wall. Flinching at the pain that was starting to ache in my head I opened my eyes to see Tyler hovering over me with one of his hands propped up on one side of me, while another held a gun that he pressed up to the bottom of my chin, “Now love why did you run? I’m not going to hurt you. I know that your alone, that there isn’t any 'friend' coming back.”

Closing my eyes at the coldness of the gun I asked, “Why are you following me?”

“Because I need you to deliver a message.”

“Deliver a message to who?”

“To your little frat boys. Tell them that if I don’t get my money that they owe me,” raising his hand as he slightly stroke my cheek, he says, “Something bad is going to happen. And I would really hate to hurt a sweet little arse like you, but I will if they don’t comply with what I ask for.”

A pair of Headlight flashes from the side of the parking lot as Tyler says, “Tell them I’ll make contact with them first, and if they don’t go with I ask, you’re going to regret it.” Leaning down as his lips brush near my ear Tyler says, “I’ll be seeing you real soon love.”

A car comes to an errupt stop in the parking lot as I start hearing, “Mel! Mel!” Looking back down Tyler winks at me as he takes off running in the opposite direction. The sound of Niall’s voice drew in closer as I started yelling, “I’m here!”

Walking to the edge of the lot Niall turns around and ran towards me. Grabbing my face with both of his hands Niall looks at me and says, “What happen?” Shaking my head as it starts to rain, I just stepped closer to him as he wrapped his arms around me. Trembling with fear I start to cry. “Come on let get you out of here.” Says Niall as he leads me to his truck.

------------------------------

2 hours later we were sitting in the warehouse,away from the rain, as I finally  calm down enough to tell the boys what happen. Niall was the first to react, standing up he walked over to the steel wall as he punched it, making me flinch as he made a dint. “I’m going to kill him.” says Niall.

“Not yet, you need to call down.” says Liam.

“Calm down? He fucking put a gun on her, he could have killed her right then and there!” snapped Niall.

“But he didn’t and won’t get the chance to.” Says Harry.

“Yeah he won’t because the next time I see him, he’ll be lying 6 feet underground.” Says Niall as he opens and closes his fist. Niall stood in one spot for a second bouncing up and down as he works his neck side to side, for some reason he reminded me of a boxer getting ready to walk into the ring. Then as if that wasn't helping Niall says, “Fuck this.” As he walks to the table grabbing a gun, as he turns to head out the door.

“Niall!” yells Louis.

“What?” yells Niall.

“You need to sit and take a second to think about this.” Says Louis.

Niall stood there for a second as he said, “Thought about it. Now if you don’t mind.”

Cocking his gun back Niall turns for the door again making Harry jump up and yell, “You’re going to get yourself killed! You can’t just go in guns blazing into a situation where you don't know what to expect! I get that you’re upset, we are all pissed, but did you forget that the girl who had the gun on her is sitting in a damn ball scared!”

Niall looks at Harry then looks at me. Hugging my knees to my chest, I finally stopped crying which gave me the annoying expectation that had every nerve on my body shaking making me all jittery. Niall face seemed to calm a bit as he looks at me and says softly, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not the fact of being sorry Niall. It’s the fact that you need to use your brain. Running into a fight halfcocked won’t help the situation, it’ll make it worst. Hell you taught me that.” yells Harry.

Niall uncocks the gun as he slides it across the table with it stopping in front of Liam. Taking the gun Liam says, “Look it’s been a long night, why don’t we all head home and out of this rain. We can talk about this in the morning after a long nights rest.”

Everyone nods in agreement when Max looks at Niall and says, “You okay to drive back to your place?”

“Yeah.” Says Niall.

Standing up Max gives me a huge as he says, “If you need anything just call.”

Nodding I said, “Okay.” As I said goodbye while walking to Niall’s trucks as I got in.

-----------------------------------

I hadn’t really remember the ride home, since I feel asleep jumping up every now and then because of the roar of thunder, I didn’t even remember Niall picking me up and taking up his apartment laying me down in his bed. Rolling over in the bed I jumped up when a huge light from the thunder shined into the room. Sitting up in bed I took ragged breaths, as I patted around to turn on the light switch. Knocking over a bottle Niall came rushing in on alert, wearing navy blue sweats and no shirt as he asked, “Are you okay?”

Nodding I said, “Yeah I can’t find the light switch.”

Niall hit the switch on the wall as the lights came on blinding me. “It’s 4:30 what are you doing up?” asked Niall as he came and sat next to me on the bed.

“Thunder woke me up.”

“Oh I see.” Says Niall running a hand through his messy bed hair, “Well I should probably go back to sleep. I have a few errands to run in the morning.” Turning to leave I hurried and said, “Niall?”

“Yeah?” said Niall as he stops and turns back towards me. 

"Do you think you can stay in here. Just until I fall back asleep.”

Niall looks down at his feet as he says, “Yeah I can do that.” Walking over to the other side of the bed Niall pulls the cover back and sits next to me.

I sat there for a second staring down the hall to the living room when Niall says, “You still worried about what Tyler said?” Pulling my knees to my chest I nodded. “I won’t let anything happen to you. We'll work it out.”

“Do you think he would really hurt me?” I asked.

Niall shrugs, “Tyler must be off his rockers since he came after you. So to be honest I think he probably would.” I hugged my legs tighter as Niall places a hand on my back, “It’s late, so why don’t you just lay down and get some rest.”

I sat up for another few minutes as my eye started to feel heavy again. Laying back down I laid facing Niall as he sat up against the head board. “Niall?”

“What’s up?”

“Do you think this thing with the chip will ever end?”

Niall looks down as me for a second not saying anything. Moving closer to me, Niall slides down into the bed a little more as he pulls me into his arms, laying my head on his chest. Running his hands through my hair he takes a long deep breath as he says, “I hope so Princess. I hope so.”

Quickly relaxing against Niall's warm body, I shut out the rain, the thunder, and my worries as I thought only about the steadiness of Niall’s heartbeat, picking up the rhythm of his chest rising and falling every time he took a breath and the way he ran his hand through my hair. And luckily within minutes I was back fast asleep.

{Next Chapter is by far my favorite! Sooooo vote vote vote and I'll post today ^_^ eppp can't wait !}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 352 19
lauren goes on tour with her ex-lover. started: October 23, 2017 ended: February 27, 2018
247K 4.4K 35
hi. Im Sammi Kinnish. I'm from Miami, Florida, USA. I just recently moved to Holmes Chapel, England. I'm the new American girl. who knows what will h...
100K 2.6K 86
"There's just something about the bad boys that make the good girls fall in love." * He's cold,bitter,and dangerous. She's smart,witty and sarcastic...
14.3K 421 16
Rimuru vanishes through an odd portal, waking up to find a strange girl at his side. The girl says her name is Marinette, and she found him unconsiou...