The Original Four

By jackgeeee

"Promise?" "Promise." Kate Mitchell, Daniel Mayer, Olivia Taylor, and Nick Howard: the original four. A lot... More

Prologue
Book 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue
Book 2: Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue
Book 3: Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 2

70 3 1
By jackgeeee

Kate's POV

Wearing a black dress with a matching pair of heels, I walk over to Nick's house and knock on his front door.

If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I'd be in the comfort of my new couch in my new home- away from this dinner, and a house away from Daniel.

"Coming!" I hear Nick yell. He opens it up and smiles at me. "You came."

"Wouldn't miss it," I reply. The two of us walk in, and he hands me a drink. "Thanks."

"So how do you like your new place?" Nick asks. I look around and notice that our houses are very similar in color and design.

I smile at him. "I'm in love with it. It looks a lot like this actually."

He leads me to their dining room, and we take a seat. "I'm really sorry," he apologizes. "I thought Daniel would be here tonight but he's out with his girlfriend."

"That's fine," I say and look down at my necklace.

What happened to Forever & Always?

Thinking that Daniel would have actually waited eight years for me, is quite ridiculous. I guess, I just hoped it would be true.

Was I wrong or what?

"Be right back," Nick tells me and stands up. He comes out with trays of food.

"Oh my god," I say laughing. "Nick, I really appreciate this, but it's just too much."

He chuckles. "I know, I know. Daniel was supposed to come."

I shake my head, laughing at all of this food. "How long have him and his girlfriend been going out?" I ask, taking a bite of my lasagna.

Nick shrugs. "It's complicated. They have this on-again, off-again relationship," he tells me. "I think you might know her."

"Oh, really. What's her name?" I raise the glass to my lips, taking a sip from it.

"Olivia Taylor."

My eyes widening, I try my hardest not to spit out the wine. "Oh my god," I say surprised. "She was my best friend in grammar school." I look at Nick and give him a stern look. "Is that why the three of you ignored me?"

He looks down and I bite my lip, not wanting to believe what I'm hearing. I could care less that the two of them are dating. What bothers me is that their relationship happens to be the reason why the four of us lost touch.

"I'm sorry," he whispers.

I roll my eyes. "I guess it just goes to show who my true friends are."

The two of us continue eating in awkward silence until the front door slams, and loud footsteps come toward us.

"I'm home," a deep voice yells from the front room.

"In here," Nick says.

A young, attractive man walks in with his arm wrapped around a girl's waist. His dark brown hair, deep brown eyes, and evident dimples make him look irresistible. Aside from this, the man looks awfully familiar.

He looks over at me and nods his head approvingly. "Nice job, Nick."

Nick rolls his eyes in response and smirks. "Perhaps we should all get to know each other. Daniel and Olivia, this is Kate."

"Nice to meet you," Daniel says, extending his hand toward me.

I laugh. "Maybe I should do the the introducing." I take off my necklace and put it in his hand. "I'm Kate Mitchell."

.

Daniel looks down at his hand and picks up the necklace with his other one. "Forever and always," he whispers. He lifts his head up and makes eye contact with me. "Why are you here?"

"I live next door," I reply, taken back by his rudeness.

Nick chuckles, and the two of us look over at him. "Looks like you guys have some catching up to do," he jokes.

"You think," I snap, rolling my eyes.

Daniel puts his hand out, signaling for me to take back my necklace. I shake my head no and watch as he puts it in his pocket. I'm never wearing that again.

The girl standing in the corner coughs, making her presence known, and walks toward us. "Hey, Kate. Remember me?"

I turn toward her. "Olivia?" She nods her head, leaving me to stand there speechless. I mean, what are you supposed to say to a person who has ignored you for the past eight years?

Olivia wraps her arms around me and pulls me in for a hug. I stiffen, but soon give in and hug her back.

"How are you?" she asks, ending the embrace.

"Good," I reply with a smile.

And I meant it, because for once it seems as if everything is finally going back to normal.

"We were just having dinner. You guys want to join?" Nick asks them.

Olivia nods her head and drags Daniel by the hand to the table. "When did you get here?" she asks me.

"A couple hours ago," I shrug. "Nick and I were on the same flight."

She nods her head. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"I think so," I reply. "I don't really have any plans."

"Good. We have a lot to talk about."

"I'm sure you do," Daniel scoffs. "When someone leaves you for eight years, there must be lots to share."

My mouth drops open after I hear those words. "You guys were the ones who stopped talking to me."

He looks down. "I know, I'm sorry."

I roll my eyes at him. "How long have you guys been going out?" I ask.

Olivia looks back and forth between Daniel and I. "We took a break for awhile," she says and smiles at him. "But things are finally starting to get better."

Daniel stares at me, and I look away from his direction. "I'm happy for you guys."

"You are?" Nick says, clueless to the glaring looks Daniel is giving him. "I mean, you went out with the guy, and now he's dating your best friend. Isn't that awkward for you? If it were me-"

"Nick?" Daniel says.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

As Olivia and Nick were talking about high school, I took this as an opportunity to slip out of the room and grab another drink.

I turn around and run straight into Daniel.

"Sorry," I apologize, looking at the stain on his shirt. I grab a napkin and wet it.

"It's fine," he says, biting his lip. "How was LA?"

"It was really nice," I reply as I dab his shirt.

He frowns. "Did you miss me?"

"Of course," I reply.

Daniel looks into my eyes, smiling. "I missed you too."

I go back to cleaning his shirt and look up to find his face just centimeters away from mine.

"This isn't coming out. You might want to change," I say, moving away from him.

"Yeah. I should uh, go do that now." He clears his throat and runs up to his room.

So much for a fresh start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.4K 32
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
93.2K 326 13
As the title says
13.1M 435K 40
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...