WE NEED EACH OTHER [DRARRY]

Oleh seriouslymeh

This must be a mistake... I scanned the crowd until I found the silver eyes. They looked back, blank. *** Wha... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Aesthetics + Playlist
CHAPTER ONE : DRAMA
CHAPTER TWO : AGREEMENTS
CHAPTER THREE : RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER FOUR : THE ROYAL GALA
CHAPTER FIVE : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 2)
CHAPTER SIX : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 3)
CHAPTER SEVEN : TRAIN GOSSIPS
CHAPTER EIGHT : ENROLLMENT
CHAPTER NINE : BACK TO HOGWARTS
CHAPTER TEN : BACK TO HOGWARTS (PART 2)
✨ BONUS CHAPTER ✨
CHAPTER ELEVEN : MORNING MISHAPS
CHAPTER TWELVE : SWITCH PLEASE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN : UPS AND DOWNS
CHAPTER FOURTEEN : NOT-SO-ENEMIES
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : EVENING AT HOGSMEADE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN : THE ACTUAL FIRST DAY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : MUTUAL FRIENDS
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : FIGHT IN FLIGHT
CHAPTER NINETEEN : STANDING UP
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS (PART 2)
✨BONUS CHAPTER TWO✨
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : WARNINGS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : PLOTTING THE PLANS
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: SEEKERS ASSEMBLE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : SECRETS ARE OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : SCARED, POTTAH?
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX : MALFOY VS. POTTER
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN : HIDE AND SEEK
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT : ACHOO!
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : DORMMATES?
CHAPTER THIRTY : LISTENER
✨BONUS CHAPTER THREE✨
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE : STUCK WITH WORK
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO : SNOGGING
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE : FROWNS AND SMILES
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR : SNEAKIN' IN AND OUT
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE : BONDING
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : APOLOGIES AND PRESENTS
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN : THE INVITATION
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT : THE PARTY

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE : THE KISS

96 10 45
Oleh seriouslymeh

//okay so before we get started on this new chapter, you should probably know that in chapter 38 I've added a new Harry and Draco POV in addition to the one that was already there. So if you haven't read those, you might get a bit confused on what is going on at the moment, so if you don't want to get confused you can read the last chapter again, if not, I'm sure you'll be fine, the title of this chapter kind of gives away what it is about

Anyways, happy reading regardless  :))//

***

Saturday, 26th September

Harry's POV

Drunk Malfoy could really be a mess. I got to know that only when I helped him walk from the Slytherin common room to our dorm. Judging from his state during the game, I had not imagined he would be able to speak at all. He could barely walk. But the second we stepped out in the hallway, Malfoy couldn't stop blabbering about illogical things.

Funnily enough, it made him look cute. The way he clung to my arm and spoke nonchalantly. And that's when my realisation took a second hit.

I have been finding Malfoy a little too cute nowadays.

I shook my head. Perhaps the little of what I had drunk was kicking in too.

"No, no, I completely agree with that—that girl... What was her name?" Malfoy asked me, squeezing his eyes shut like he was trying to remember something important.

Though I wasn't completely paying attention to whatever he was saying, I understood he was referring to, "Natalie?"

"Ah, that's right! Natalie! You're so good at remembering names," Malfoy complimented, and before I got a chance to roll my eyes, he pinched my cheek. He chuckled drunkenly to himself before continuing.

"Nat—Natalie was one hundred per cent right when she said there was no use in me playing the game," Malfoy stumbled, waggling his finger in front of him, "I don't know what I was thinking either! Of course, I knew Astoria wouldn't—wouldn't let me kiss anyone. I should have known better. And what was she doing playing the game? D—did she want to kiss someone else? But wait, she didn't, did she? She had the chance to, uh, kiss him... now...the—" He hiccuped, "the brother—?"

"Wilson?" I said, inhaling his scent when his shoulder pressed into the side of my neck.

"Right!" This time, Malfoy ruffled my already nest-like hair. "So good at remembering names," he turned to whisper to me. His nose brushed my cheek, before he turned away again. I let out a small breath and realised I was blushing.

That damn whisky!

"Astoria had the chance to kiss Wilson, but she didn't!" Malfoy continued, his words slurring. "Now, that's... that's just foolish. Why would she participate in a game without actually playing it? That's... that's just dumb. This whole party was dumb. But that's hardly surprising, isn't it?"

"I guess it isn't," I replied, trying to hold him steady when he suddenly tripped over his own feet. I couldn't be less bothered about the topic of conversation, I was more focused on getting Malfoy back to our dorm in one piece.

And also trying not to be distracted by the way his fingers kept flexing around my arm. And how his whole body was pressed into my side.

"It is, it definitely is! Astoria is pretty smart. You saw how she stopped uh... Natalie from kissing me, right?"

I nodded.

"See? She is a pretty smart girl. And it seems unusual of her to play a game with no intention of actually playing it. Or was there?" Malfoy went silent for a moment, thinking of something. "Do you think there was... was someone else she might have wanted to kiss?"

I shrugged. "There could be."

"Oh," was all Malfoy said, as if it didn't bother him that his girlfriend might have wanted to kiss anyone else besides him. He trailed into a silence, with only the sound of his uneven, staggering steps echoing in the hallway.

"What about you? Hmmm? Who did you want to kiss?" he suddenly said, playfully.

"Me?" I asked. I had not wanted to kiss anyone when I had decided to play the game. "Nobody. I joined because you asked me to."

"Sure, but I didn't force you," Malfoy adjusted himself on my arm, swinging tipsily to the side. "You should've said no."

I shrugged. "I just wanted to get away from the loud music."

"Oh, the music," he said, dreamily. "I love music. But I don't like forced dancing. Astoria... Astoria made me do that, you know? She forced me to— to dance with her before you arrived."

I replied with a single hum. Malfoy went silent for another moment, and I looked at him, trying to understand what he must be thinking about. Unknowingly, my gaze travelled to his chest, onto the unbuttoned part of his shirt. The shirt made an extremely alluring V shape, exposing a brief area of his chest. The light in the hallway seemed to reflect on his pale skin. I gulped and looked away as soon as I could.
"You know..." Malfoy grinned, suddenly coming to a halt, forcing me to stop with him. "We should dance."

"What?!" I said with a snort. "That is ridiculous. You can barely stay on your feet right now. I don't believe you can dance."

"I— I have the grace of a Malfoy!" he declared loudly, waving his hand around quite ungracefully. "No drink can take that from me!"

"Shhh!" I whispered, unable to hide my grin. "You're being too loud!"

"Oh yeah?" Malfoy stepped away from me, swaying dangerously, looking like he was about to fall. His hair fell into his eyes. I didn't think I had ever seen Malfoy look so dishevelled.

"Well, I don't think you've seen a man in action!" Malfoy spun around, teetering, almost losing balance.

"Hey, get back here!" I grabbed his arm before he could topple over. "You can dance whenever you like, just not right now. Yeah?"

Malfoy slumped against me again, laughing lowly. "Oh, oh, you should see my dance. I know how to do ballroom dancing... I know every waltz there is..."

"I'm sure," I wheezed. Malfoy weighed a ton.

Clumsily, we started walking again.

"When we return to our dorm, you're going to drink water, yeah? That will help you loads."

Malfoy nodded, blinking slowly. He started to hum under his breath, a tune that stuttered and cut off with his every step. But still managed to sound beautiful. It was low and soft. Melodious.

"What's that?" I whispered.

Malfoy didn't seem to have heard me. His fingers tapped rhythmically on my arm, and he trailed off with a light hiccup.

"What song was that?" I repeated louder this time. Malfoy blinked, like waking out of a trance.

"Hmm? Oh, well... it was a tune my mother taught me on... the piano. It was... her favourite thing to play..."

He stopped tapping his fingers, instead frowning contemplatively. "I can't... I can't remember the name— It was something... Potter, you're good at remembering names— don't you know the name?"

I shook my head. "No, sorry. I've never heard of that tune before."

"Shame..." Malfoy muttered softly.

When we arrived at the common room, I quickly muttered the password and heaved Malfoy inside. The common room was completely empty, everyone was still at the party, dancing or playing a new game.

It was obvious to say that this party was a complete flop for me. Spin the bottle wasn't as fun when you didn't have the proper people, and when certain people didn't allow kisses to happen. It was a game, for heaven's sake! One kiss wouldn't make anyone fall in love.

Now all I had to do was get drunk Draco Malfoy into our dorm.

Sounds simple.

Tightening my grip around Malfoy, I slowly walked up the winding staircase leading to our dorm.

"Come on," I muttered, exasperated, when Malfoy stumbled on a step, letting out a string of colourful words.

"We're almost there," I murmured, more to myself.

It was a good thing Malfoy hadn't thrown up by now. If I were in his shoes, I would have been hurling my guts out.

I could see the door to our dorm now. Encouraged, I pushed Malfoy a little bit harder up the stairs. Then, we arrived at the doors I had almost thought were impossible to reach. Releasing one arm, I fumbled for the doorknob, swinging it open to reveal our dorm.

Finally, we entered the room, exhausted from our journey. I could feel the sweat gathering around my forehead, but I took no notice. Now all I had to do was get Malfoy into bed.

Malfoy was panting. He was also covered in a slight sheen of sweat, but it made him glow rather than look ridiculous, which was how I probably looked.

I walked towards the bed, but before I could do anything to get Malfoy into it, he stopped.

"Potter," he grumbled, "Sssssshhhurely you don't think I can't manage to get into a... a bed, now, do you?"

He stepped away, feet wobbling, but still plastering on a confident grin, "I'm not a kid— I'm a man, I am a mature adult."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "And where was this maturity when you decided to chug an entire bottle?"

"Potter—" He gave a dopey grin in my direction, making my heart stutter. "I've been taking care of myself for a long time now. I know how to do it. I bet... I bet I could wrestle you right and still win."

"Oh, shut up, you can't beat me at anything, drunk or sober," I replied, lips twitching. This boy, or man— should I say — was really making a spectacle of himself, randomly blurting things without any context.

"I...! I challenge you, then!" Malfoy proclaimed, pointing a shaky finger at me. "You. Me. Wrestle...now!"

Before I could reply, he was hurling himself at me, grabbing me by the arms and staggering back into the bed. The backs of my leg met the bed before I was pushed over, with surprising force.

"Who's the winner now?" Malfoy grinned.

I rolled my eyes, fixing my glasses. "I wasn't ready!"

"Okay, then get ready," he smirked. "Three... two... one... go!"

I was prepared this time, rolling away when he tried to grab me, forcing him to jump into the bed to hold me back.

If I couldn't get him into bed through persuasion, perhaps this 'wrestling' might do the trick.

Laughing, I dodged his attempt to grab my ankle, pushing him back so I could get further away from him. Malfoy tried to reach for my leg again, but I grabbed his forearm and yanked it away. He smirked up at me, such a familiar thing from years of rivalry, that it made me laugh harder. It was childish, the way he unsteadily crawled, the way he would stretch for my arms and miss.

It was so predictable. Predictable— the way he rolled over to fist at my shirt, which I quickly untwisted from and grabbed his shoulders. Predictable— the way he attempted to grab my elbows, which I used to jab into his sides. Predictable— the way he twisted his body to hold onto my stomach, which I managed to wriggle out of.

What wasn't predictable was the way Malfoy grabbed my wrists, with extremely unforeseeable agility, and pulled me towards him.

What wasn't predictable was the way he jumped over me and pinned my entire body down with his.

What wasn't predictable was the way he sat up, thighs bracketing mine, and grinned victoriously.

I struggled against him. It didn't hurt, but I couldn't move a single muscle.

"Fine, you win I guess," I said, trying my best to sound annoyed when all I felt was my heart hammering in my chest. His face was inches from mine.

Malfoy's fingers flexed against my wrists, tightening, then loosening.

His smile faded slowly, his own chest rising and falling rapidly, as his silver eyes pierced my own. He looked oddly sober now, all traces of the drunk boy gone.

My breathing slowly returned to its normal pace, and a new kind of heat began to fill the room. I watched the Slytherin's eyes move across my face. My heart stuttered to a halt, almost like it was compressed with the sudden tension, unable to beat.

I could suddenly feel every single inch of Malfoy that was pressed against me.

"Potter," Malfoy whispered, and my heart kick-started, beating wildly, feeling like it was about to explode out of my chest.

Malfoy's lips parted wordlessly, before he repeated, "Potter..."

"What?" I replied faintly.

Malfoy's fingers twitched around my wrists again.

"What if... what if we really had kissed during the game?"

My eyes widened, "I— that would have been absurd."

"Does it really sound so absurd?" His eyes had me pinned down. I watched him swallow, a shaky breath escaping his lips. "I... I actually considered it... for a moment. I hadn't done that for any of the others. I considered— how it would be... to kiss you."

I did too.

"Malfoy—" I managed to say, but he cut me off.

"What if we had?" He seemed to be reaching a decision, then focused in his eyes shifting downwards. "Would that be so bad?"

Would it?

My mouth was dry.

Would it be so bad?

His face was so close, his breath shakily shuttering against my face.

So close, and so warm.

My hands trembled under Malfoy's hold.

Would it really be so bad?

As if reading my thoughts, Malfoy closed the space between us and lowered himself until his lips lightly brushed against mine. But he did not kiss me just yet. I could tell that he found it amusing —watching me.

"Kiss me," he whispered on my lips, so quiet I could barely hear him.

Kiss me. Kiss me.

Kiss. Me.

I leaned in, closing the non-existent distance that remained between us.

Our lips brushed, and my eyes fluttered shut.

Malfoy exhaled against my lips, before surging forward to connect them in a soft kiss.

It was... it was...

Fire bloomed deep inside my chest. I could feel Malfoy's fingers shake against me before he moved to fist them in my hair instead.

Kissing.

Kissing.

This was kissing.

Not like those kisses Ginny gave me, which always seemed too demanding, too heavy to hold, like a mountain piled up on my chest.

Malfoy tasted like freedom, he felt like falling, like I was scaling those mountains, reaching up into the sky.

Malfoy parted his lips and closed his teeth around my bottom lip, tugging softly before, pulling away, kissing the corner of my mouth, then my jaw, trailing all the way down my neck.

I gasped when he tugged on my hair.

And then, I came to my senses...

He is drunk. The realisation was so loud. So painfully loud that it hurt.

He is drunk!

What are you fucking doing!?

I pulled away, heaving. My stomach was turning and tumbling.

If Malfoy cared that I pulled away, he didn't show it. He was panting slightly, fingers moving to trail down to my lips.

He softly traced my bottom lip. "Potter..." he sighed. "That was so... that was..."

He placed a sweet kiss on the corner of my mouth.

"Why can't I have this with Astoria?" he asked, quietly.

I tensed. But Malfoy now seemed to be deep in thought.

"I've only kissed you once, but it was already a hundred times better than my kisses with Astoria." His finger ran along my lip again, eyes burning.

Same here.

Malfoy closed his eyes, looking so miserable. His body slumped onto mine, and my hands automatically curled around him.

"Astoria never felt like this..."

He lay on my chest, head buried in my neck. I could feel him whispering things, but it was getting fainter and fainter. He trailed off into silence. It festered, grew and twisted into an ugly feeling in my stomach.

After a few minutes of silence, I realised that Malfoy wouldn't move because he had fallen asleep on top of me.

What am I going to do now?

Malfoy's breath tickled my neck, and I shivered, feeling goosebumps spread across me.

If only it would be so easy.

This kiss had been a mistake.

Malfoy was way out of his mind. There was no way he shared the same attraction that I did to him.

It was a mistake.

Mistake.

A mistake.

That's all it was.

Mistake...

//THEY KISSED 

THEY ACTUALLY KISSED AHHHHH

HARRY AND DRACO KISSED

I don't even know what I'm saying anymore 

THEY FUCKING KISSED?!?! 

Also drunk Draco has my entire heart, he's just too adorable. (Sometimes I wish I was Harry... shhh) 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I certainly did. Hopefully the kiss wasn't too weird. I didn't want to make it a huge thing because obviously Draco is drunk as hell and Harry isn't stupid to just let Draco just make out with him for an hour or something, as much as he wants to. So yeah, this is what we got, a kind of short kiss, but still a kiss haha

(Am I making any sense?)

Updates will be regular now!! I promise there will no more ghosting for months at a time

See you in the next chapter you wonderful people, have a great day I love you all <333//

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

25.4K 393 48
"You know this is just whilst they're all away, don't you?" ** What happens when a Half-blood Hufflepuff sweetheart and a Pureblood Slytherin bully a...
463 17 1
On a night in their seventh year, Draco gives Harry a kiss, but the next day he acts as if it never happened. A couple of years later, Harry feels lo...
215K 10.2K 29
"It's one of the commandments after all Harry, love thy enemy." "I'm pretty sure that's not one of the commandments Ginny." "Oh whatever, he knows w...
54.6K 587 30
"𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱." "𝗧𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?" "𝑻𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖." Gracie Owen hates him, with her whole heart. But she is stuck with him in the same friend...