THE OMEGA | ✓

By TayNew_2030

Suddenly presenting as an omega, attacked and claimed by a stranger while celebrating the end of exam season... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - A Typical Student Life
Chapter 3 - The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 4 - The Beginning
Chapter 5 - The Aftermath
Chapter 6- World Crumbling
Chapter 7 - Crashing Deeper
Chapter 8 - Picking Up Pieces
Chapter 9 - Things Will Never Be The Same
Chapter 10 - The Lake Guy
Chapter 11 - The Game
Chapter 12 - Panic Attack
Chapter 13 - His fear
Chapter 14 - Camping Trip
Chapter 15 - New Changes
Chapter 16 - One Closes Another Opens
Chapter 17 - Running Away
Chapter 18 - First Heat
Chapter 19 - Hurricane New
Chapter 20 - Repercussion
Chapter 21 - Acceptance
Chapter 22 - Getting Better
Chapter 23 - Beginning Of Summer
Chapter 24 - The Brief Happiness
Chapter 25 - Wake Up Call
Chapter 26 - Showdown
Chapter 27 - Dreadful Curiousity
Chapter 28 - That Night
Chapter 29 - Mending Things
Chapter 30 - Second Chance
Chapter 31 - Confrontation
Chapter 32 - Meeting The Parents
Chapter 33 - The Trauma Remains
Bonus: Winter Trip
Chapter 34 - Figuring Things Out
Chapter 35 - A Step Forward
Chapter 36 - New Lifestyle
Chapter 37 - New Challenges
Chapter 38 - Unsolved Issues
Chapter 39 - Hard Truth
Chapter 40 - Fighting Back
Chapter 41 - Life-Changing Decision
Epilogue : Starting Over

Chapter 42 - Moving On

400 33 4
By TayNew_2030

(This is random but listen to the song 'Us, Again' by Seventeen and enjoy the feels. The lyrics and the music really fits the chapter :3)

****

It is finally September. In the past five months, New had been preparing himself to migrate to a new country and start his new life. He took English classes, some beginner French, learned how to cook, how to use software related to his work, and even bought new clothes more suitable for the weather. His visa application went smoothly. He even took the time to get to know his new colleagues through emails and Facebooks. All the while, Tay was with him every step of the way.

It is time to leave.

Everyone surrounds New who just checked in, hugging him goodbyes and giving him words of encouragement. His mother keeps asking if everything is ready for him in Paris and for the umpteenth time, he has to assure her it is.

Tay had already found him a small apartment in a safe neighbourhood, fully furnished. The alpha already paid a year's rent as a farewell gift as well. He promised to take care of New until their bond break, and so he insisted on paying for everything for New's first year there, the time needed for them to be free again. And though he felt bad for it, New is thankful because it would give him enough time to adapt to his new life without any concern. Not to mention, the alpha's beta friend will also be welcoming him at the airport and show him around town, so basically, he has nothing to worry about.

All he has to do now is get on his own two feet as soon as possible.

And, surviving his heat without his alpha.

New looks around the group of people, trying to find the man. Thinking about his heat always scare him so he usually tries to distract himself, but the thought just came up, and with the fact that he is hours away from leaving his mate, New wanted to see Tay. So he can be comforted for the last time.

But there is still no sign of the alpha.

New smiles to himself, trying not to show his disappointment. He looks at the clock, noting that he still has some time before leaving. It will be alright, Tay will get here.

Choosing to ignore the disappointment in him, New focuses on his friends and family instead. He will miss them too, and he knows they will too. He may regret not bidding a proper goodbye.

"P'New…" A sob is heard coming from his left and New glances over to see his little sister starting to bawl. There is a short silence before everyone bursts into laughter. And then the laugh starts to get mixed with tears and sobs. Finding it absurd, they laugh louder again, chuckling at their pathetic state.

"Hey, you guys! Stop it! Are you tryna make me cry?" New pushes his friends, hitting them. "I can't cry now. You wanna make me stay?"

As if knowing that he may tear up soon, both his parents and Inn, as well as his siblings hug him tightly, so tightly they start to suffocate him. New distorts his face, trying so hard not to break down. Because he will. He is weak for them. He is only putting up a strong front. But the longer they do this to him, the more he feels like giving up on leaving and stay, where he belongs.

"I think we need to leave…" Inn breaks the silence as he lets go of his hold. He softly pats on both the old folks' back to signal them to do the same. Grateful, New flashes him a smile, thanking him for it.

Will he be able to find someone as understanding as his best friend in France? How will he survive everyday without hearing the man's voice? How will he survive his days without his friends?

Without Tay?

"Good luck Newwiee! Don't forget to call!"

"We love you!"

"Oh~ I love you guys too!!" The voices breaks him down from his devastating thoughts. New waves them goodbye, forcing himself to grin happily until he cannot see them anymore.

Then he sighs, not knowing what else to do. He doesn't want to go in just yet. Not before he sees Tay. He knows that is why his friends and family left early – so he can spend one last time with his mate.

But his mate is not here.

Kicking the floor a few times, New checks his watch and scans around him briefly, somehow still hoping for Tay's arrival. There is still two hours before his flight, but he needs to be inside at least an hour prior. Now anxious, he takes out his phone and clicks on the messages from the alpha.

No matter how much he reads their messages, it always shows the same thing - Tay promised to be here. And yet, he isn't.

Maybe, after all this time, he decided he doesn't want to see New after all? He did say he was disappointed in this decision, albeit that was said a long time ago…

Biting his lips, New stares lifelessly at his suitcase.

Maybe going to France is a bad idea after all. No one will be there for him. Neither his family, nor his friends, nor his mate. He cannot speak English or French. He can only cook basic dishes. He probably won't get any mental help there due to the language barrier.

Things are better off if he stays here.

Why would he even consider exposing himself to such a challenge? Did he really think he can overcome it?

He should just go home.

He should head back to Tay's right now, sleep and pretend this is all a dream too good to be true.

"Is that tears?" New jumps a bit at the voice right beside his left ear, caught off-guard. Staring straight at the beautiful brown orbs, he quickly rubs underneath his eyes for tears, before realizing it is dry. He then hears a laugh and stares at the alpha who looks messy, as if he just ran here.

Tay probably did, judging from his sweat. "Sorry Nu. I wanted to come earlier."

"It's okay. You're here now." New shakes his head softly and shifts closer, hugging the man. Rather than feeling angry, he is actually grateful that the man kept his promise and came just at the right time to get him out of his dark place. For the last time.

As if everything is normal, both males snuggle close to each other, enjoying their last time as a couple.

On the other hand, Tay feels slightly regretful; if not for the small problem he encountered at the fragrance shop, he would have at least half an hour more with his omega. Of course he could just desert the idea in exchange for the time, but he couldn't. Because this is more important to New than their mere minutes together.

"Nu, here." He hands a box to the confused omega. New looks at the box, shakes it a little then opens it.

"Perfume?" New looks back at him, head tilted in more confusion. Of all the things the alpha can give, he wonders why the man chose to give him a mere perfume. Even taking a long while to come here for it.

"I custom-made it based on my scent." New's heart beats faster, "Not sure if it's similar but that's the closest they could get. Never thought I could smell this good."

He cannot help but chuckle at that boastful joke, loving that confidence as always. Just as he was about to tear up from being touched.

Yeah, Tay always smells so good. In fact, he always wonders what kind of scent the alpha possesses because it is so unfamiliar. He can never pinpoint it, no matter how hard he tries. Well, not that he is an expert in the first place, he barely even wear perfumes.

'The percentage's written inside. Complicated mixture of all sorts but mostly wood sage if you're wondering." New takes out the white paper, curious.

"And look. There's a little jasmine inside. I guess I always had a bit of you with me after all." Tay cracks a joke, feeling a bit lonely the moment the words came out of his mouth. The same expression can be seen on the omega.

Before they would both cry from the loneliness, Tay quickly tries to close the subject. "For whenever you need me around. Especially during your heat. Maybe you can spray a bit on the pillow and hug it like you always do."

New forces a smile, feeling a bit flushed at the mention of his habits. "I can't bring this on the flight."

"Oh please. This much liquid?" Tay looks at New, raising an eyebrow "Have you ever been on a flight?"

"Duh."

"Ever brought liquid?" The look on New suggests he never. Tay smirks in satisfaction. He knows New will be the type who puts every kind of liquid in his trunk, too afraid of breaking the rule. "Thought so."

"Tsk." New feels his cheek being pinched and bites the big hand. Looking at the perfume for the last time before putting it in his bag, he feels a bit disappointed with himself. He should have done something for Tay one last time. It had always been the alpha taking care of him, even until the end. He wishes he had at least cooked a meal, or draw a painting of the man. Whatever he could. Though they promised not to do anything special, Tay decided to break the deal and presented him with this important gift of his scent anyway.

Even until the very end, Tay thought about his wellbeing.

"Hey, your phone." Tay holds out his hand to get the smartphone from the omega. He searches his name, but none is found. He also tries other pet names but again, nothing comes up. Slightly disappointed, the alpha forces himself a smile. New already did what he wanted to do. Feeling a bit hurt, he tries the call history, wanting to reconfirm, for the last time, that his contacts are completely deleted.

Clicking on the phone icon, Tay bites his lips.

No wonder he couldn't find his name. New registered him as 'My Alpha'. The last time he teasingly changed the contact name, the latter retaliated by changing it to 'Tay Tawan'. It makes him curious as to when the title is bestowed upon him. Smiling to himself, glancing at New who is playing with his bag, Tay clicks on his name and another surprise awaits him.

The icon is them both laughing at each other while hugging, taken during one of their trips with the pack to the beach. They were having playful fights and Tay broke it by cracking a joke. He doesn't remember what he said, but New burst out laughing loudly, clapping his hands as his nose scrunched. He started punching Tay to make him stop, the alpha stopping his attacks by pulling him for a hug. Someone must have taken their picture then at that moment.

He wishes he knew about this photo sooner. It would have been a good addition to their framed pictures at home.

Fighting the urge to cry, he scrolls down until he sees the red button, and before he can change his mind, clicks 'Delete Contact'.

"There." He hands the phone to New who puts it back in his pocket without a word. Turning his head around to look at the clock, the latter faces Tay, "I need to go now."

"Do you want me to send you to the gate?" the alpha hastily asks, still reluctant to let go.

This is it.

This is their end.

New gives him a weak shake of the head and he mouths a silent "Oh."

"Ca-can I kiss you?" Tay shocks himself at his shaky voice, feeling himself getting red. Weird tingles can be felt on his cheeks, he doesn't know whether it is due to embarrassment or tears threatening to fall. To his delight, New nods, "I'm still your mate."

Pulling the omega close, he gives the man a long, deep kiss.

Their last kiss.

Before his feelings take over, Tay pulls away, resting their heads together. "I love you, New Thitipoom."

"I love you too, Te Tawan." He pecks the taller man's nose.

"You're the best."

-The End-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 2.5K 21
Mew Suppasit is a famous singer,with his handsome face,and angelic voice...He surely can steal any girls heart. Being the most positive and happy go...
219K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 38.1K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
16.9K 982 18
Mix had done everything for the Heir of Watthanasetsiri's from the day he was appointed in the company. And today the father of the spoiled brat has...