THE OMEGA | ✓

By TayNew_2030

Suddenly presenting as an omega, attacked and claimed by a stranger while celebrating the end of exam season... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - A Typical Student Life
Chapter 3 - The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 4 - The Beginning
Chapter 5 - The Aftermath
Chapter 6- World Crumbling
Chapter 7 - Crashing Deeper
Chapter 8 - Picking Up Pieces
Chapter 9 - Things Will Never Be The Same
Chapter 10 - The Lake Guy
Chapter 11 - The Game
Chapter 12 - Panic Attack
Chapter 13 - His fear
Chapter 14 - Camping Trip
Chapter 15 - New Changes
Chapter 16 - One Closes Another Opens
Chapter 17 - Running Away
Chapter 18 - First Heat
Chapter 19 - Hurricane New
Chapter 20 - Repercussion
Chapter 21 - Acceptance
Chapter 22 - Getting Better
Chapter 23 - Beginning Of Summer
Chapter 24 - The Brief Happiness
Chapter 25 - Wake Up Call
Chapter 26 - Showdown
Chapter 27 - Dreadful Curiousity
Chapter 28 - That Night
Chapter 29 - Mending Things
Chapter 30 - Second Chance
Chapter 31 - Confrontation
Chapter 33 - The Trauma Remains
Bonus: Winter Trip
Chapter 34 - Figuring Things Out
Chapter 35 - A Step Forward
Chapter 36 - New Lifestyle
Chapter 37 - New Challenges
Chapter 38 - Unsolved Issues
Chapter 39 - Hard Truth
Chapter 40 - Fighting Back
Chapter 41 - Life-Changing Decision
Chapter 42 - Moving On
Epilogue : Starting Over

Chapter 32 - Meeting The Parents

433 35 2
By TayNew_2030

"Is this really your favourite food here?" Tay stares at the greasy crab stick they just bought from the stall with big '#1' signs written all over. He wonders why anybody would line up to buy this junk which doesn't even look appetizing to begin with. Looking back at his omega who seems to ignore him while enjoying his own with a blissful look, Tay takes a bite.

Nope. Meh. Number 1 his ass.

He doesn't know what has gotten into New, but the older one has been in a good mood ever since they got out of Bangkok. Right now, New is screaming along with the songs playing in the radio, annoying Tay once in a while by changing the lyrics to insult him. Nothing too severe, just the occasional "Te is an idiot" and "Te got no jams." God knows what the second one means. He wants to do the same to the omega but unfortunately, he doesn't know enough Thai songs playing on the radio to do so. Tay prefers English songs over his native ones since he grew up with it. The only Thai songs he knows are the old ones from his parent's collection, which he doubts will be playing unless they tune to the oldies. So now, Tay just accepts the playful joke his partner is doing to him. At least it keeps New entertained, and that is enough to make him feel good as well.

"Hey. Aren't you going to stop?" He pretends to be annoyed as New keeps headbanging along the rock song while repeating some stupid words over and over, just like the lyrics. Except, New is screaming 'slave'. Sometime Tay wonders whether his mate is actually a sadist.

"Aren't you supposed to love me? Aw, is the bond broken?"

Tay turns towards the man and tries to look at the scar from their bonding before feeling his head being pushed away. Pouting, Tay clicks his tongue while turning his attention back towards the road. He hears New laughing beside him and smiles to himself.

As long as New's having fun.

****

"Let's stop somewhere first…" Tay suggests as they finally reach New's hometown. The latter had calmed down since he first noticed the places he grew up in and started to point it out to his mate. And a few minutes before, New suddenly suggested they take a detour so he could guide Tay around town. Not failing to notice the change in his tone, Tay realizes that New is anxious, just like him, and he keeps dragging the time outside as a result. Unfortunately, they will have to go back sooner or later, and Tay prefers soon.

Parking the car near a shopping street, Tay pulls his mate towards the nearest restaurant. They aren't going to eat anything; they just need to relax and there are just no cafes in sight. Ordering their drinks, both the males sit down silently, each with his own thoughts.

New told Tay the reason why he wanted the alpha to come back with him, and it is not because he wants to officially introduce Tay as his mate. It is because his bond is still not broken, and he cannot face his parents alone. Though Tay is disappointed to learn about that, he realized that he is partially at fault. First, for claiming New, and second, for keeping the bond intact. Twice. Even though he didn't do it on purpose.

He is scared, oh he is. But he knows New is even more nervous than he is. He knows how much New loves his parents, and how weak he gets in front of them. When New told him that Inn had to be the one who spilled what happened that night in his place, Tay realized how much this visit meant for him. Which is why he couldn't refuse it despite his own fear.

Not saying a word, Tay feels a hand on his own, and puts his other one on New's. His mate's hands are really cold. He tugs on that hand a bit towards him, and reading his mind, New gets up and moves to sit beside him, allowing Tay to drape his arm around his shoulder. "It'll be alright."

★★★

New stands in front of the door, regretting his decision to come back. He still has his hands in his pockets, he cannot find the courage to twist the knob to get inside. And funnily, he even hides his scent, to his own family.

What if they don't like Tay? Or worse, what if they blame New for not being strong enough to reject him? The thoughts scare him. Turning back to look at the alpha who is waiting a few steps away, he suggests, "Let's go back."

"Where?"

"Campus." He answers as he makes his way towards the gate. But before he could go past his alpha, the man stops him. New sighs.

New pushes the doorbell and bites his lips, waiting for someone to open it. Deep inside, he wishes that nobody is home so they can call it a day and blame it on luck. Seeing his anxious condition, Tay finally asks, "Don't you have a key?"

"I do." With that, Tay nods and keeps his silence, understanding the omega's intention.

Before long, both males hear footsteps from inside and cross their hearts. Tay literally feels his heart threatening to jump out, seeing the knob turns and automatically, he recites the introduction he has been practicing in his head. Even then, he manages to mess it up. Now, he wishes he had taken New's offer earlier to run away.

"P'New!" New releases his breath at the sight of his sister, accepting her bear hug. She is heavy. Getting a well-deserved hit for his comment, New releases the hug.

"Oh my." She comments when she finally notices Tay's presence, looking at both of them in confusion. It is obvious that she recognizes the stranger's scent, based on the horror in her face and that only adds to New's worry. "Can you call mum and dad?"

"Sure." She gives the alpha one last look before turning to her brother, concerned, and runs back inside to call the two owners.

Glancing back at his mate, New invites him inside and shows him the living room. He takes a seat beside Tay with their backs facing the door so they can see his parents the moment they come out from wherever they are.

New wants to offer his partner some water, but decides against it, afraid that his parents might show up while he is in the kitchen. So, they both just sit, looking around the house New grew up in. Before long, they see Love again, but she is heading out. "I'm going to the gym."

New forces a smile towards Tay, hiding his anxiety. The only time Love goes to the gym is when she wants to get out of the house, for whatever reason besides working out. And he can guess why.

"Newwiee, is this your new mate?"

His father is the first to break the silence after they both sat down opposite the young couple. Mr. Techaapaikhun is smiling, but he can sense the tension. Mrs. Techaapaikhun, on the other hand keeps her eyes on Tay, not even trying to hide her distaste. Based on this situation, New can only conclude that his mother hasn't told his father about this yet. And god, he wishes she did.

No, he wishes that both of them are betas so he can just lie his way through this. But he couldn't. "He's th-"

"I'm-"

"He's the old one." New answers quickly to avoid Tay taking the lead. He knows how badly Tay wants to prove himself, but this is not the time. He sees the anger in his father as the man looks at his wife for confirmation, which she gives him. And to both the younger men's shock, the old beta stands up and goes to the back, almost stomping his legs. His father looks greatly agitated, and New bites his already dry lips as he glances at Tay, looking for assurance which the latter cannot give because he too, is scared.

"Alpha, you should leave."

"Mum, he's not-"

"Ma'am-"

"Didn't you hear me? Leave."

Tay swallows hard at the threat, quickly noticing the anger around him. It shocks him how he can sense it, he thought he could with New's because they are mates, but apparently his mother can do it too. New holds his hand tightly while he asks her to calm down, stating things such as the fact that they just got here, and Tay doesn't have anywhere to go, but somehow that angers her more. "You have the balls to bite my son but you're afraid of going out for a few minutes without him? What kinda messed up alpha are you?"

"A-a few minutes?"

"Until the old man calms down. Now leave." Looking at his omega one last time to see New half-begging him not to, Tay walks out as quickly as possible after caressing his cheek, no longer than needed because the mother is watching. "I'll be back soon."

He feels guilty for leaving New when he promised to protect him, but he is with his parents. This is the safest place he can ever be. Starting the car, Tay drives towards the nearest park which New showed him a few minutes prior. Finally feeling safe enough, he lays on his back and closes his eyes, taking deep breaths to relax.

That was intense. He thought they would at least give him the chance to introduce himself, but he couldn't even say anything. Heck, he didn't even get to say his name! Damn, who knew an old beta and an omega could be that threatening, enough to make a noble like him shake in fear. What the hell? He almost wet his pants!

★★★

New keeps looking at the coffee table, playing with the fabric of his sweater, waiting for his father to return from the back. He hears shuffling and clinking of metals so he knows the man is still in the house, but he doesn't want to think of what the sound meant. Then he hears his mother's voice, muffled by the walls, his father replying in an agitated manner, and so on so forth until only the woman's voice can be heard. A creaking sound of the door and New takes a deep breath, preparing himself.

"Newwiee, is that boy really the one that did that to you?" New instinctively put a hand over his scar before looking back at his father - he is still angry. As the man closes his eyes in disappointment, his wife guides him to sit in front of their son while she takes the one beside him. "Why is he here? You're still bonded?"

"Tawan did this to save me." He states quickly, straight to the point, fearing the interrogation.

"Is he threatening you to say that?" It takes New a second to understand the reasoning behind that question. He completely forgot about the incident still being a police matter which can be the why his father came up with that speculation.

"What happened? Is this why you didn't want to come home?" His mother askes after he shakes his head to deny the first question. Unfortunately, they don't seem convinced. "Honey, he's not here. You can tell us. He can't hurt you."

"He didn't-" New exhales deeply, trying to gain enough courage to speak about what happened. But he can't. He cannot mention what happened to him. He cannot speak the cursed word. Closing his eyes to find other words to replace the nightmare, he frowns as he forces himself, "-attack me."

"Where is Inn?" Mr. Techaapaikhun inquires, ignoring what his son just said. Being a beta with four omega children, he knows about how bond affects an omega's behaviour. He knows that omegas put their trust in their alphas blindly. Which is why he cannot believe New right now. And not having Inn, his best friend with him seems too strange. For all he know, that alpha might be threatening his son right now. Or this can be a case of Stockholm syndrome.

"He's not with me."

"Does he know about that alpha?"

"Poh, please. He's not one of them." New looks at his mother who he can tell, also finds it hard to believe him. New knows they are asking questions because they are concerned about him, but he cannot help but feel surrounded. He is starting to get depressed. He really wants to be with Tay right now.

"Mum…" He begs.

"He saved you?" She questions, finally giving him the opening he needs to convince them about his mate. However, though he wants to answer it confidently, he can only manage a weak nod. He can feel the muscles in his face starting to contract, signaling the arrival of tears. Thinking about that incident always affects him this way, he is still not strong enough to react differently. Frowning as deeply as he can to distract himself, New tries opening his mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"How?" She encourages him to tell them. She still cannot understand how claiming her son can be considered as saving him.

"He bit me to stop them fro-" New feels himself choke on his own word. He cannot say it. He doesn't want to say what they did to him. But he has to, he needs to explain what happened to his parents. It is hard. He wants Tay to be with him right now. Tay would know what to do. Tay would tell them for him. He wants Te-

"Shh… it's alright." New feels a warm embrace enveloping him and another pair of hands wiping his tears. He feels a bump on the seat next to him and looks to see his father patting his head. "Aw, my baby."

"You don't have to say it. It's okay." His father gives him an assuring smile, but he can see the little hint of sadness in his eyes. "Aw, our Newwiee. You look so pale. Honey, he's probably hungry."

Completely trying to forget the bad welcome, the old Techaapaikhun's decided to start it all over again. Serving New's favourite cocoa as their beverage of choice, the family took their time to catch up with New's life on campus and how he is doing, trying not to touch on the important matter just yet.

It took a while, but when New was finally relaxed enough to speak normally without distress almost an hour later, he could finally tell them what happened, based on what Tay told him. He even showed them the test result he bought with him just in case. His old folks' anger and suspicion subsided a lot seeing the piece of paper, but there was still some distrust in their expression which New doesn't really mind. He knows it will take a while, even he himself needed time to accept it.

"I still don't like him." His father comments, and New sighs. They only met for a few seconds before the old man made a scene, that is not enough time to judge someone. "You don't know him yet. He's nice."

"And you know this Tawan kid?" That question comes as a shock to New. Of course he knows Tay, they came here together for god's sake. He also knows that Tay's a noble, and a medic student who can cook, and… he is nice. "Honey, do you know Tawan?"

"I am… getting to know him." He realizes he doesn't know much about Tay after all, especially about his family and his past. He only knows about the alpha's two sisters and their cats, his stepmother and what Tay likes to do in his past time. He knows this is not enough information to even consider someone to be their mates, but he is not in the position where he is free to choose anyway. But at least Tay is willing to come with him today despite knowing what might happen to him, and he even tried to made peace with his friend despite how unfair he thought they treated him. New wants to believe this is prove enough of his sincerity.

He needs to believe it. Because it is all he has.

"And you like him?"

"I don't dislike him." That is an awkward question. To admit that he likes someone in front of his parents when they are sitting very close to him. Gosh, can't they just accept Tay so he can escape this embarrassing situation??

"Is that the bond talking, or is that you?"

New frowns. Again, he is not expecting that question. Him liking Tay shouldn't be related to the bond. Trust and like are two different things, he should be able to tell the difference… Right?

"Are you sure you wanna be with him?"

"I'm bonded to him…" That is the only reason he can think of right now of why he wants to try being with Tay. He cannot say that he is sure of it, but right now, he knows he wants to give them a chance. Tay promised to take care of him, and he likes being with Tay, that should be enough.

"Newwiee, you know he's a free alpha, right? You're the only one bound to him." This time, Mr. Techaapaikhun stares at his wife in confusion. New, on the other hand, starts to pale.

Yes, everyone had been talking about Tay not having his scent on him, but he always thought that is because the bond was not done correctly. He has his questions, but he never doubts the fact that they are mates. But what his mother just said - Tay being a free alpha - that is the first time someone ever told him straight to his face.

That is impossible, right? Mates are called mates because they involve two individuals, right?

"Newwiee, is that true? What mum just said?"

He doesn't know. He is not confident anymore.

"What bout you and dad? You guys don't bond and yet you stay together…" He tries to change the subject. He doesn't want to think about it. It is getting suffocating.

"We loved each other before we decided for marriage. You and that alpha, you didn't like each other when the bond happened. And only now you're getting to know each other. That might not be love, Newwiee. You can't confuse yourself."

"What if it's not? As long as we're bonded, feelings don't matter right?" New starts to get defensive over it. He cannot take the questions anymore. He wants them to stop and just leave him alone. Just let him be. Tay promised to be with him. They are mates. He wants to believe that.

He needs to believe that.

New furrows his eyebrows as he hears his father sighs. Clenching his jaws, New remains quiet, "Newwiee, your feelings always matter."

"New, honey. You're bonded. He's free. If anything goes wrong, you'll be the only one getting hurt…" She rubs her thumb on her son's hand, "Breaking the bond first is not a bad idea right? Then you can be sure of your real feelings-" She stops as she hears heavy breathing coming from her son. "Newwiee? Are you okay?"

"I don't wanna break it…" New tries his best to speak between his sharp breaths, "Mum, I don't wanna be free! They'll co-, the alphas- mum-"

"Oh no. New… breathe." His mother cups his face, locking his head towards her while guiding his respiration as his father brings him a glass of water. Closing his eyes, New tries to relax himself, his right hand blindly reaching all over to find his bag. He brought his pills with him just in case. "I'm not asking you to stop seeing him. No. Newwiee… I just want you to be really sure about this."

New nods at her, knowing fully well her intention. He didn't mean to have a panic attack, it is just the thought of him being free, and the probability of the night repeating itself is too much to handle. "Tay's a good alpha. He's good…"

"I know. It's okay. If he treats you well, we'll give him a chance."

★★★

Tay taps his legs vigorously, anxiously waiting for New to call him back, or at least reply his messages. He told the omega he will go back there if he doesn't hear from him in two hours, afraid that something bad might happen, though he doubts that. At first. But now, only fifteen more minutes to two hours, there is still no reply so Tay cannot help but to worry.

Already starting the engine, Tay tries to distract himself, at least for another few minutes. He doesn't want to make a scene in case New is trying his best to convince his parents, but he doesn't want to leave New there without him. The look on his omega's face when he walked out the door bothered him.

Bzzz. Tay quickly looks at his phone and let a sigh of relief. New just called him back. He wanted to reply but decides to leave right away. Typing would only waste his time.

****

"So, Tay Tawan."

The alpha looks at the lady of the house who seems to mild down a lot from when they first met. New was asked to leave them alone to talk but fortunately, he somehow managed to persuade his parents to try and listen to Tay. So now, after accomplishing the whole story, and some light self-introduction which was very nerve-wrecking, Tay waits for the verdict. He doesn't know what to expect. Nothing happened the way he imagined it to be. He is nervous.

"Yes?"

"Your bond with Newwiee, you realized it is an accident, right?"

Tay nods. They had already established that, he wonders why Mrs. Techaapaikhun brought it up again. "New's still young. He's ambitious."

"He is…"

"Since neither of you agreed to the bond in the first place, I assume you agree with me that if he ever wants to break the bond, you'll let him."

Tay has a hard time processing the request. He asks her to repeat herself just to make sure he heard right. "I'm telling you to let him go when the time comes."

"I thought you said you're okay with me as long as I treat him well." He knows he sounded like a kid whining, but he doesn't want to agree to that. New is his mate, of course he will hold on to him if he can.

"This, and that is different. You seem like a nice young man, but no matter what the reason, you bit my son, and now he'll treasure your opinion more than his own."

"I'll never force him-"

"You'll never force him to stay. Because if you do, I'll make sure you end up in a cell. Are we clear?" Tay swallows hard before nodding his head weakly. He doesn't want to do it. He feels as if he just betrayed New with the simple nod because he promised the man he will never leave him.

Probably noticing his upset and hopeless look and starting to feel a bit sympathetic, Mr. Techaapaikhun stands up, startling the young alpha before giving him a hug. "Welcome to the family. Let's get to know each other."

Tay forces himself a smile. Still stiff in the manly hug, Tay feels himself being pat in the back before Mr. Techaapaikhun lets go of him. "Newwiee said you like hiking? We're planning to go for a trip nearby."

"Great." Though he said so, Tay cannot help but wonder how, and why they are planning for a hike during winter. It sounds a bit stupid to him. But there is no way he is going to say no after getting an invitation from New's father. That will be suicide.

"You wanna get New and Love back? Dinner's in an hour." For the second time today, his heart almost dropped. Mrs. Techaapaikhun is really scary. That question sounded more like a command than a request. And Tay doesn't know why a noble like him feels the need to abide. Aren't omegas supposed to be the one who submit to the alphas?

Oh wait, now that he thought about it, his grandmother is the highest rank in his house. She is an omega too. "I-I'll get going then."

"By the way, Tay?" He stops his step at Mr. Techaapaikhun's call, "You'll be sleeping in the living room. I don't want any stupid stuff going on in my house." He sighs inwardly. After the rough day, he longs to hold New in his arms tonight. Guess he will have to take what he can before dinnertime. Maybe they can-

Argh. He forgot he has to bring Love together with them.

"Don't worry. We have comfortable mattress." Mr. Techaapaikhun adds while laughing, thinking the frown on the alpha was the result of not wanting to sleep on the couch.

Tay laughs awkwardly.

****

"-Te? Are you asleep?" Slowly opening his eyes, Tay groans a bit while turning his body. He cannot see clearly due to the dark, but he knows New is sitting on the floor beside him, hugging his knees. "Did I wake you?"

"No, I was- what are you doing here? It's late, what time is it?' He mumbles as he lifts his head up slightly, trying to find his watch.

"I dunno." New replies. "Can't sleep."

"Nightmares?"

"Uhn."

Tay sighs. He wanted to be with New but since the man's father made it clear he doesn't want them to sleep in the same room, he had no choice but to spend the night here, in the living room. They were very hospitable though; as the old beta said, the mattress is very warm. They even rearranged the coffee table so he would be sleeping on the hot carpet instead of the floor. He figured the guests of this house are all treated the same seeing the lack of guestrooms. This is as welcoming as they can get.

"Te, sleep with me." New puts his hands onto Tay's left arm and the latter draws a breath of regret. This is the first time New is being this needy while not in heat, and yet, he cannot do anything about it. He wants to see New's face so bad, he must look so cute right now. Tay can imagine a pout and puppy eyes, or maybe just his normal poker face. Tay prefers the first one so he will just imagine that.

"Your dad will kill me if he finds me in your room."

"Taee~" the omega whines while shaking him, "I can't sleep…"

Oh god. He cannot take this. This is too adorable. Why the hell is New acting like this now?? Why didn't he do this back at his apartment where they are free to do whatever they want? God dammit New Thitipoom. Seriously, this guy really drives him crazy! What the fuck?

Shit. He really wants to hold New now. Maybe if he gets up early, nobody will realize he is even in New's room in the first place.

No, if that plan fails, it will be the end of him.

Oh. He just thought of something brilliant. Mr. Techaapaikhun only told him to sleep in the living room, which he is. He said nothing about New not being allowed here as well. And the man can do whatever he wants since this is his house too so…

"Come here." Tay pushes his blanket open and offers his arm as a pillow which the omega happily accepted. He was about to pull New close before the man starts to shuffle inside the blanket.

"Newwiee, leave your pants on!" He hisses, almost having a heart attack with that habit of New. Jesus, this guy will be the death of him! Having New sleep beside him is risky enough, if his father finds his son without pants tomorrow morning… Tay shivers just thinking about it. Locking the omega's hands in place so he will not do anything foolish, New grumbles, "Tsk. Fine."

Shifting their position excitedly, Tay pushes their body together so New's head would be near his face. Taking in New's scent, enjoying the lovely jasmine, Tay places a soft kiss and closes his eyes. Feeling an arm around his waist, Tay simpers to himself.

Maybe being here isn't so bad after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.8K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
608K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
43.2K 3K 65
kavi/ karvi story... just peep inn
128K 5.9K 45
Pete is an omega and is a second son of the Pongsakorn family. His family is a well established Mafia, one of the competitors of Theerapanyakul Clan...