Love On The Sidelines

By shan_lw6

Courtney is trying to find her way in the new city and a new way of life. Leah is trying to figure out where... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
epilogue

fifteen

1.9K 78 7
By shan_lw6

'Morning... Give that here and I'll re-do it for you, it must be cool by now. You could've stayed in bed and I would've brought you some breakfast.' Courtney says softly as she glances over her shoulder at Leah making her way through to the kitchen.

'Thank you.' Leah replies quietly as she passes Courtney the hot water bottle.

'How are you feeling? You still look a bit peaky.' Courtney says and Leah nods her head.

'I don't feel great.' Leah admits as she leans on the breakfast bar watching Courtney fill the kettle.

'Why don't you go back to bed and I'll bring this through to you with some food? Bunny's just gone down for a nap so I can lie with you for a bit?' Courtney suggests.

'I should probably just go home... I don't want to ruin your day.' Leah replies.

'Bunny and I don't have any plans. We'll probably just potter around the house. The weather is miserable anyway.' Courtney says as she sets the kettle to boil before making her way over to the blonde.

'Mm... You don't want to be dealing with me when I'm like this.' Leah replies shaking her head as Courtney wraps her arms around the blonde.

'I absolutely do want to be dealing with you. No one should be on their own when they're feeling shitty... We can go to your place and pick up some stuff if you need to.' Courtney says and Leah sighs.

'I'm so tired.' Leah mumbles.

'Go back to bed, sweetheart. What do you fancy to eat? Toast? Some eggs?' Courtney asks and Leah shakes her head.

'No, I feel a bit sick. I don't think I could stomach anything.' Leah admits.

'Right well go through to bed and I'll bring your hot water bottle through when it's ready.' Courtney says softly as she kisses the side of the blonde's head.

'Mm... Just a minute.' Leah almost whispers, her head resting against Courtney's chest as she feels the other woman gently rub her back.

****

'Al's here with my stuff...' Leah says softly as she makes her way through to the living room where Courtney is sitting watching Bunny bounce in her jumperoo. Glancing over her shoulder, Courtney sighs as she notices the blonde slightly hunched over as she clutches the hot water bottle to her stomach.

'Why don't you ask her to bring it up or I can go down for it? You look in absolute agony, babe.' Courtney suggests.

'Mm... She's going to bring it up for me.' Leah replies causing Courtney to smile slightly.

'I'll open the door.' Courtney says softly. Forcing a smile onto her face, Leah leans on the back of the sofa and watches as the brunette makes her way over to the front door. She opens the door slightly before making her way back over to the blonde.

'I'd ask if you're feeling any better but I'm assuming you probably don't... Do you think you could manage a bit to eat yet?' Courtney asks running her hand over the blonde's lower back.

'Maybe some toast.' Leah replies and Courtney nods her head.

'Okay, I'll go and make you some toast then. Butter or jam?' Courtney asks.

'Butter please.' Leah replies. Pressing a gentle kiss against the blonde's shoulder, Courtney makes her way through to the kitchen.

'A-ba!' Bunny shouts reaching her arms out towards Leah who sighs.

'Oh I wish I could come pick you up, sweetpea.' Leah says as there's a small knock on the front door.

'Hello?' Leah says glancing towards the door.

'Only me, Le. Am I alright to come in?' Alex asks peeking her around the door.

'Mm-hmm...' Leah replies. The door opens slightly and Alex makes her way inside carrying an overnight bag.

'Oh god, you look rough.' Alex says.

'Thanks.' Leah replies laughing slightly.

'You know what I mean. I've got your tablets, some comfies and your heatpads.' Alex says placing the bag down on the floor as she wraps her arms around the blonde.

'Thanks, Al.' Leah replies as Bunny squeals causing them both to laugh.

'Oh my goodness, who is this cutie?' Alex asks glancing at the little girl.

'That's Bunny... Wait here, I'll be back.' Leah says softly as she slowly makes her way through to the kitchen.

'Co, do you want to meet Al?' Leah asks leaning against the doorframe.

'Yeah, sure... If you're okay with that?' Courtney asks and the blonde nods her head.

'Of course.' Leah replies smiling. Together they make their way through to the living room where Alex is playing peek-a-boo with Bunny from her position at the back of the sofa.

'Al, there's someone I'd really like you to meet.' Leah says immediately causing the other woman to glance towards her.

'Alex, this is Courtney... Courtney, this is Alex.' Leah says gesturing between the women.

'It's so lovely to finally meet you... I've heard so much about you.' Alex says softly as she immediately moves to embrace Courtney.

'Likewise.' Courtney replies smiling.

****

'You're starting to get your colour back a bit, Le.' Courtney says as she runs her finger down the blonde's cheek.

'Mm... I feel a bit better. I don't feel as nauseous now.' Leah admits.

'You managed to keep the toast down which was good.' Courtney says and Leah nods her head. She smiles as the brunette gently lifts her legs and slides her body underneath, resting the Leah's legs over her thighs.

'Mm-hmm... I'm sorry you've had to deal with this so early on.' Leah says.

'I didn't have to deal with anything, Le. I didn't want you going home while being so ill. Like I said this morning, whether this happened now or six months down the line my reaction was always going to be the exact same.' Courtney replies.

'And now you've got to meet Al as well.' Leah says and Courtney nods her head.

'Tell me why when you were talking about Alex, I totally was not thinking you meant the Alex Scott?' Courtney asks causing Leah to laugh.

'Should I have given you a heads up?' Leah asks and Courtney immediately nods her head.

'Absolutely... I was internally freaking out when she was just casually standing in my living room.' Courtney replies.

'You never would've known. You kept your cool well, babe.' Leah replies.

'Stop laughing at me, Le... Just because you've known her for years. This is all new to me.' Courtney says and Leah nods her head.

'I know, babe. I'm not laughing at you, I just- It's cute.' Leah replies.

'What are you wanting to do for dinner? I can make us something or we can order something in? Is there anything in particular you fancy?' Courtney asks and the blonde shakes her head.

'I'm not fussed. I'll just have whatever you are having.' Leah replies.

'Do you need me to re-do your hot water bottle?' Courtney asks.

'No, I'm good.' Leah replies.

'Okay, just let me know if you need anything.' Courtney says softly.

'You've been amazing.' Leah replies.

****

'I've got you. I've got you.' Courtney says softly, her arms wrapping around Leah as the blonde leans heavily against her.

'I just- I need a minute.' Leah mumbles, tears streaming down her cheeks as one hand rests on Courtney's shoulder and the other clutches the hot water bottle to her stomach.

'Take all the time you need, Le. I'm not going anywhere. No need to rush.' Courtney says. They'd had most of the afternoon with her being in pain which was managable until around forty-five minutes ago.

'Do you think you can make it through to bed?' Courtney asks after a few minutes of them standing in silence in the hallway of her apartment.

'Mm... Maybe.' Leah replies quietly. Together they slowly make their way through to the bedroom where Courtney pulls back the covers and helps the blonde climb into bed.

'Right I'm going to go grab your tablets and some water so that if you need them, they're right here... I'll be right back.' Courtney says softly. She makes her way through to the living room and grabs everything she needs before returning to the bedroom where Leah is curled up on her side. Sliding into bed beside her, she immediately pulls the blonde into her side allowing Leah to rest her head on her chest as she runs her fingers through her hair.

'How long does this usually last?' Courtney asks and the blonde shrugs her shoulders.

'Varies each time. There isn't really a set time, sometimes it can be just a few hours and other times it's days.' Leah admits.

'Try get some sleep. I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere.' Courtney says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 993 18
Who knew signing to a new club would result in two contracts. When Leah Williamson comes to you with a no strings attached contract you can't help bu...
14.2K 401 13
Despite both being very famous in their fields, they had no idea who the other was, is it possible for a great love to emerge from there? Watch the j...
414K 6.4K 54
ON HOLD "You know, I made a promise to myself a year ago that I'd never fall in love again." Niamh spoke as Leah tilted her head to position her ear...
29.6K 804 19
Leah Williamson x Fem OC Where a rugby player understands the pressures of being a captain for both club and county, just like a certain blonde Arsen...