Give us a chance? (Natasha Ro...

By Justine_Romanoff

You're Y/N Anderson, a cop, with powers but nobody knows that. You don't want any of this 'super-hero life'... More

The meeting
Friend's Advices
Police and Stark
Dangerous night
Girls evening
Strange behaviors
Central park
A date?
The Avengers Initiative
Beginning of a team?
Investigating
Loki
Chaos
Assemble
Battle
After fight
The new trio
Discussion
Morning
Work
Wild Night
Plans
An Official Date
Hostage
Doing Great
Challenge
Training
Car Ride
Via Ferata
Changing Roles?
Saturday
Trio's Back
Relax
Missing
Boyfriend
Fight?
Fight.
Saved
Party
Speeches
Full Attention
Coming Back
Break
Pain Killers
Missions
Lemurian Star
New Job
Hospital
Meeting, Again.
Feelings
Jim Spencer
Mall
HYDRA
Confessions
New Plan
Zola's Algorithm
The Winter Soldier
Bucky
Stress Before the Storm
S.H.I.E.L.D. Versus HYDRA
Crossbone Versus Anderson
Give Us a Chance?
Captain
Three Little Words
Standing Up For What Is Right
Shut Up
Quinjet
Russia
Fake Hope
Family Reunion
Old Room
Ice Skating
Anger Management
Questions
Cloud Gazing
Truth Hurts
Forgive And Move On
The Barton Family
Kids
Waking Up And Finding Strategies
Old Friend
After Party
Humor and Work
Seperated Floors
Brutal
Casino
Private Room
Worry
Strucker
Blanket, Korean and Jarvis
Jealousy
Love Of My Life
Worthy?
Good Old Way
Illusions
Reality Versus Fantasy
Evolution
Priorities
Protect
Reconstruction
Skills
Uno
Leads
Brussels
Attempt To a Calm Date

Captive

474 18 1
By Justine_Romanoff

Y/N's POV:

Once we're dropped at the HYDRA base we previously destroyed and where Natasha is now being held captive. Thor quickly breaks a few walls, allowing me and the Doctor to get in. The god leaves our sides right after, an awkward tension instantly appearing.

We slowly walk through the creepy corridors, I'm being careful for any robot's presence as I feel us getting closer to Nat. And Bruce is... he's following.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"I'm sorry Banner, but this isn't exactly the right time." It's true, it's a good excuse, right? Keeping the 2 of us alive is quite a handful.

"Why don't you like me?" I freeze, unsure if I should laugh or scoff.

" 'T was a funny one, I gotta admit." I mumble as I keep going.

"I-I was being serious." He says confused.

"Then I won't answer, or this is going to get even weirder than it already is."

"Anderson, I'm just trying to make peace here." I stop in my tracks for a second time and turn around, looking at the annoying man.

"I don't like you because you can't keep it in your pants. Because you flirt with Natasha, often in my face. Because you just say anything that you assume she'll like and don't look at her actual reaction. I also hate that I can feel your jealousy and how much you like my girlfriend. Here's why I have such a hard time being besties with you, Bruce." I finally reveal trying to stay as calm and kind towards te man when I say these things, 'cause deep down I know he doesn't have control over some of the above.

Somehow, the information surprises him. "I-I'm sorry." He blurs out after the uni to al shock, speeding up once he realizes I've went deeper inside the building.

"You don't actually mean it, but that's okay." I brush off as I notice the hallway splitting in 2. Perfect. I hand the man a gun and he looks at me utterly confused. "You go left, I go right. If you need to tell me something, it's channel 7." I explain rapidly, gently tapping my earpiece, before heading where I can feel Nat's presence.

"Natasha?" I shout when I consider myself close enough. "Nat?"

"Y/N?" I hear her beautiful voice, bringing so much calm within me, I knew she wasn't badly injured because of our link, but to confirm it by the sound of her voice is so much better.

I start running there and finally arrive to some Ancient Greece type of cafe with the biggest metal bars I've ever seen.

"You all right?"

"Yeah." She says, looking at me with those captivating green eyes.

"The team's in the city, it's about to light up. And the twins are with us, along with a new guy." I sum up what she missed in her amount of time being held in here.

She smiles a bit. "I don't suppose you found a key lying around somewhere?" Right. Getting her out would be nice.

"Uh Anderson, there's nothing on my side." I had forgotten about him.

"She's with me Banner." I reply making Nat tilt her head. "Not my idea." I tell her. "At least if this doesn't work," I show her the secondary pistol in my hands. "he'll Hulk out on the bars."

She quickly moves out of the way and I shoot the lock, but the bullet only ricochets. Wonderful.

"Can't you find something more powerful, darling?" As she suggests it, I'm already walking around the room, trying to find some kind of HYDRA weapon but only find robot pieces and corpses. Which is pretty worrying.

"I got it." Banner says confidently, making me turn around and see a giant gun able to shoot photon laser in the scientific'a hands.

It instantly blows up the lock and allows Nat to open her cell and run in my arms. I hug her as tightly as I can, like she could slip out of my hold any second. "I'm sorry, I should've been there. I love you. I love you so fucking much."

She kisses me, shortly and softly, filling me with energy and passion. The simple action reminding me why I'm madly in love with her. "I love you too." She answers, as you reluctantly let her out of my embrace. She clears her throat.

"I'm here to get you to safety." Bruce explains. No one told me about this part of the plan?

"Job's not finished." Nat says frowning and then looking at me, but N idea crossed my mind.

If she stops now, she surely won't get injured, because there's no way I let her get another scratch. The emotional roller coaster of today was enough.

"We could help with the evacuation, but I can't be in a fight near civilians." Banner argues.

"And you've done plenty." I add and she looks at me, not expecting m to take his side in the slightest. I don't think any of us expected that, actually.

"Our fight is over." Bruce says, taking a step very much closer to my girlfriend. See? That's the kind of thing he does that I hate. Nat doesn't need to know the last thing he ate while they talk, does she!?

Though irritation quickly disappears when Nat turns towards me and takes my hands in hers, looking at me in the eyes lovingly.

"You're doing exactly what I did." It's my turn to frown, what je sais she talking bff about? "You can't let me out of a fight because you're scared. The job always was dangerous, always will be. It's not because I've taken a few hits that I can't face it anymore." Goddamn it! Why is she so right!?

Suddenly, before I can give her an answer, the ground starts shaking and cracking. Instinctively Nat tried to cover me from any possible rubble hitting us, but I end up moving so I'm the one protecting her. Proving the point that was made a second ago.

Once it all settles down Banner's the first to speak. "We gotta move." I couldn't agree more. Agreeing with Bruce within the same day? This is getting worrying.

"You're not gonna turn green?" My girlfriend says, confused but mostly worried.

"I've got a compelling ND reason not to lose my cool." He flirts. Again!?

"And after that y don't get why I don't like you?" I complain, the man giving me a guilty look like he can't help it. No wonder why I prefer Hulk.

"Y/N, love, can you make him lose his cool, please." Nat asks something I never thought I'd get the chance to do.

"What? No! Don't use your powers on me! You can't do that!" The man panics and as annoying as it is, it kind of blocks me. It would be messed up of me to use my powers, quite aggressively, on someone on my team, right?

"Y/N-"

"I can't Nat. Can't you call Mjolnïr or something?" I suggest.

"You wanna call Thor?"

"Shut up Bruce." We reply in sync.

"I can't, Thor's using it. He might be flying and needs the hammer for all we know." Nat refuses my idea.

"Well I can't use my powers on my teammate without his consent." I argue.

"Don't I have a say in this?" Banner tries to speak up.

"No you don't. Cry about it, bud."

"That's it! Anger him without your powers." Nat says. That could work.

I look around for a way to annoy the man, a way that does not involve hurting him before Hulk takes control, preferably. Then, looking at the space between the ground we're on and the land going up, I find my solution. I push him down.

"You enjoyed that a little too much, didn't you?" My girlfriend says with a look that clearly says she's onto me.

"What was I supposed to say? Oops?" She rolls her eyes and kisses me.

That's when Hulk arrives next to us, roaring. "Mean." He shouts angrily.

"Sorry big guy." Nat mumbles.

"It got you didn't it?" She glares my way, while he just huffs. "Can you get us up there, please?" I request shyly.

The green giant extends his hands for us to hop on and places us on his back, the second we grab his hair to hold ourselves steady, he's in the air, and let me tell you a Hulk ride is frightening.

I'm magically on the flying part of Sokovia trying to recover from what just happened and notice Nat already on her 2 feet. How did she do that?

"I really hope this makes je sais even." Nat jokes, a little scared." Agreed.

The beast grunts. "Now go show the world how kind you really are." I encourage, still trying to catch my breath and hear the green guy jumping away.

"Come on, we gotta be heroes too." My girlfriend says, while helping me up.

"Coming!" I answer as she runs away, how is she so fast!?

Nat's POV:

As soon as we arrive in the fighting zone, robots show up to attack us. I'm quick to defend myself, with my electric batons, my girlfriend was kind and smart enough to bring those for the 2 of us.

Our pace slows down a bit, but we still manage to arrive to the team's location quite fast and come across the Cap and the Maximoff girl. I notice Y/N tensing up slightly as she arrives. I can feel her nerves about it too.

"Rogers." I greet.

"Romanoff, glad y-"

"Is that my jacket?" I realize when I notice the clothing is a bit too much alike mine. I get my answer once I look between my girlfriend and the teenager who both look away shyly.

"She's with us." Cap states.

"Still doesn't explain the jacket." I argue, crossing my arms and enjoying both women's reactions.

Clint arrives right as Steve moves on. "Fighting these robots is getting us nowhere."

"The air is getting thin, if we go much higher, people will start dropping." Clint states.

"There are people in the city still hiding." Y/N warns.

Roger's looks at the young Sokovian. "Move 'em out. Barton."

"I got her six." My best friend confirms, jogging away with the girl.

"And us?" I ask.

"We fight robots."

"Today?" The speedster suggests as he arrives. "We fight robots today? Or is next month better for you?" The boy teases, before zooming away as fast as he arrived... I like him.

We leave in the same direction as Pietro, arriving in front of a building where a ton of civilians are, Thor protecting them. Most of our fight consists of protecting those people and we're gaining terrain.

That's until the og version of Ultron shows up and flies away with Thor. That slows our success a bit. A lot, we're losing terrain now.

"We're all clear here." Barton announces calmly.

"We are not clear. We are very not clear!" Steve replies for the 3 of us as he throws his shield through metal monsters and Y/N and I are back to back, meeting a new Ultron every time one collapses to the ground.

"All right, coming to you." He announces nonchalantly, I don't think the archer heard the urgency in Steve's tone.

Y/N and I finally manage to get out of the circle of enemies we were in and earn a little more freedom of movement as we fight.

"Romanoff." Rogers shouts, throwing his shield in the bit before me.

"Thanks!" I throw one of my electric sticks in an incoming enemy, protect myself from a second robot with the shield before hitting the metal being with it.

As Cap gets closer, I gently throw his shield in the air so he catches it mid way and splits my last opponent in half with it.

I look around to make sure no Ultrons are left and see Y/N still against 2 of them. So I take back the Cap's weapons from his hands and throw it into one of the head.

The woman shocks the last enemy of the wave and comes back to us with the shield as I retrieve the weapon I threw.

"Have you noticed that every time we face a world threat I can't use my powers? 'Cause I picked up on that and it's pretty fucking annoying." She comments, making me smile.

"Did anyone ever tell I, you have a weird timing, hon?"

"Sam complained to you, didn't he?" She plays along.

Steve starts jogging to the civilians right after her sentence, so we follow and I feel Y/N using her powers to reassure them while Rogers and I try to help them get to the safest spot on this flying rock.

A/N: Here's this week's chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed it. I'm curious, do y'all think I'll kill Pietro or not...? Anygays, have a great week and see yaaaaaaaaa :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 13.8K 85
Y/N has been trying to live the most possible mundane life as possible for the past 10 centuries. But she is dragged back into the superhero life. Sh...
5.6K 103 10
Experiencing summer love with a former assassin isn't what you expected.
84.2K 1.4K 22
⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️ Natasha x Fem Reader Enemies To Lovers ⚠️There will be some swearing⚠️ Read the Intro ig This story uses she/her pronouns but feel...
33.9K 1K 41
Natasha Romanoff: killer of men, lover of women. But what happens when she's hired to kill a woman? Will she finally meet her match? Or will the desi...