It Hurts To Love You

By Bangtan_0930

Kim Seokjin and Kim Jimin, brothers with different goals in life. Kim Jimin married right after college, whil... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 34

750 90 13
By Bangtan_0930

When Jin arrived at the hospital, he felt tired out of nowhere and he was stretching while walking on his way to their quarters to change. He closed his eyes while moving his head side to side, but suddenly opened his eyes when he bumped to someone.

"S-sorry." He said bowing to the person.

"It's okay, Dr. Kim." The person said and when Jin looked, he saw Jungkook staring at him.

"Oh, Dr. Jeon. Sorry." He said again with a blush on his face.

"I'm not hurt, Jin. Stop saying sorry." Jungkook said smiling at him.

For the first time, Jin felt his heart melting by the smile that Jungkook just gave. It's the first time that Jin saw that smile for a while and he suddenly feels...home.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked.

Jin was suddenly woken up by the question.

"Ah, y-yes."

"You don't look okay. You actually look pale." Jungkook asked again.

"I just feel tired." Jin said. "I'll just drink something and I should be fine. Might be the weather since it's autumn." Jin said.

"I see. I'll see you later then, Dr. Kim." Jungkook said then left.

Jin felt empty when Jungkook left, as if he wanted something more than that simple conversation but Jungkook did not say more and just left. He felt warmth in his smile earlier but he felt a certain kind of chill when he left.

Jin sighed and wnet to the quarters to change before going to the emergency room.

After changing, Jin thought he should go to the pharmacy to buy medicine. He was about to leave when a knock was heard. Since he is alone, he decided to open it and was surprised to see Yugyeom.

"Hello, Dr. Kim. How are you?" He said with a smile.

"Nurse Kim, I'm doing fine. Thank you for checking. How can I help you?" Jin asked, still confused why the nurse is here.

"I brought you these." He said, giving a brown bag to him. "A certain doctor said you need these but was too shy to approach you." He said in a whisper.

Jin looked inside and saw medicines.

"D-did J-Jungkook g-give these?" Jin asked.

Instead of answering, Yugyeom winked at him. "I'll be going now. I hope you'll feel better, Dr. Kim." He said before leaving.

"T-thank you." Jin said feeling a blush creep in to his face.

He looked at the bag again and felt giddy inside.

"D-did he really give these?" He asked himself.

"Jin!" Someone shouted and Jin looked at the direction.

"Yes, Sangyeob?" He asked seeing his friend on his way to the quarters. "Are you done with your shift?"

"Not yet. I was asked to do double shift today. You look sick, are you okay?" Sangyeob asked.

"You're the second person to ask and the answer is yes. I am okay. Probably just under the weather since it's almost summer." Jin said.

"Oh, you already bought medicine?"

"Y-yeah."

"That's good. Uhm... by the way, Jin, I have to tell you something."

"Hm?" Jin asked, feeling nervous with the sudden seriousness of Sangyeob.

"Promise me you won't get mad." He said before confessing anything.

Jin's brows furrowed, not really sure what is happening.

"Okay, I promise, what is it?" Jin asked impatiently.

"Remember the emergency cases you had weeks ago? The two patients took by Dr. Jeon?"

Jin got more curious. "Y-yes. What about those?"

"I may or may not have did you a favor."

"What do you mean?"

"I've been wanting to tell you this but I did not want to make you angry, but when you told me that day that you'll still do the surgery despite of having your duty for 24 hours already, I got worried about you---"

"You told Dr. Jeon?" Jin asked with wide eyes.

"I---I did...but you promised not to get mad."

Jin closed his eyes and sighed before speaking, trying to calm himself. The man has good intentions and he should not be really mad.

"I was just thinking about you. I know you like working and you really can do the surgery but if there's someone else who can do it, I think we had to give it to that person." Sangyeob said, explaining more himself because of the guilt he was feeling. "I swear to you that it's just out of concern and I requested---"

"It's okay, Sangyeob. You have done it for me, I know. I am not mad, I just feel like I got mad to Dr. Jeon because of what he did, thinking that he did it on purpose to anger me. I am not mad at you."

Sangyeob breathe out.

"Will you be talking to Dr. Jeon?" Sangyeob asked.

"N-no. I-I d-don't think I should. W-well, should I?"

"Did he know that you blamed him for getting those surgeries?"

"I-I don't think so." Jin said.

"I see. Then I don't think there's a reason for you to talk to him." Sangyeob answered.

Jin then looked at the bag of medicine that was given to him.

"I think I should." He said. "Maybe later during my break time."

"Okay. But to get things straight, we're good right?" Sangyeob asked.

Jin smiled at him. "Of course we are but next time please tell me right away. I promise I won't get mad." He said. "Let's go the ER."

"Drink your medicine first and I will wait for you there." Sangyeob said.

"Oh right. I'll be there shortly." Jin said and went back to the quarters to get his water. He drank the medicine Jungkook gave.

He remembered what Sangyeob said about how Jungkook took over after knowing that Jin was on duty for 24 hours already.

"I got mad at him for the wrong reason." Jin said to himself. "I guess he still treats me as his friend."

He got a different feeling knowing the possibilities of Jungkook still caring for him but shook his head and realized that he needs to focus on his work for now.

He went out of the quarters and decided to go to Jungkook's office to at least say thank you for the medicine he gave.

He knocked to his office but no one answered for 1 minute. He thought Jungkook is not around so he decided to leave.

"Dr. Kim?" Dr. Shin said as he met Jin on his way to the ER. "Are you looking for Dr. Jeon?"

"Ah, y-yes."

"He has an emergency operation. I'll tell him you were---"

"Oh, no need, Dr. Shin. I will just visit him later. Thank you." Jin said hurriedly and quickly left after bowing at Dr. Shin. He suddenly got nervous if Jungkook would know he was looking for him.

He just focused on his work as he should, and tried to forget about the kindness of Jungkook towards him.

The other doctor who's supposed to be on duty same time with Jin was out due to a family emergency and Sangyeob had to cover for her. Jin also agreed to do another shift since they have another doctor in ER who needs to rest due to sensitive pregnancy.

Jin usually do emergency trauma surgeries but in the absence of doctors in the ER, he also performs other doctors' tasks.

"You should take a break." Sangyeob said to him as he went out treating another patient from bed 3.

"Nah! Resting will make me sick." He said while typing the observations he had from the last patient.

"At least take your lunch. You do not look good earlier, you should eat and take another medicine."

"I will after this." He said.

"By the way, Dr. Jung was looking for you earlier. He said he texted you but you were not responding."

"Hoseok might be bored and would like to have a lunch buddy. I will message him after." Jin said fully focused in completing the chart of his patient.

Even before he completes the chart, 3 emergency patients came in due to burn from a nearby restaurant.

Jin hurriedly helped Sangyeob in checking the patients.

"What are the vitals?" He heard Sangyeob asked.

He immediately checked the other patients and asked the nurses to help in taking them quickly to the available beds for an assessment.

Two patients are unconscious with obvious third degree burns while the other one seemed to have 1st degree burns with pain as he kept on shouting.

He quickly performed necessary procedures after changing his gloves and checked the patients for possible tangential excision.

************

"You don't seem fine." Hoseok said upon seeing his friend.

"I am okay. I just performed two surgeries."

"You should rest. I heard from Sangyeob that this is your second week taking double shift, with no rest day. I heard that it's also voluntarily. What is up with you?"

"I enjoy what I am doing." Jin said as he started eating the food in front of him even though it's tasteless for him. Hoseok said it's delicious but he is having a hard time identifying the taste of it.

He wanted to eat more and taste the food when his phone rang. He immediately took the call seeing that it's from the emergency room.

"I'll be there." He said and immediately stood up.

"Sorry, Hoseok, I need to go." He said, taking his tray to the dirty plates.

He ran going to the emergency room. So far, this is his 16th hour shift and the only break he had was the 'supposedly' break time with Hoseok but even that he was not able to complete. He is not complaining but he just really feels tired for today.

He stopped running as he suddenly felt out of breath.

He supported himself by holding the wall and breathe harder.

"What is happening?" He asked himself as he started seeing double.

He tried to squint his eyes but he started to get dizzy.

He tried walking but he saw more blur in his surroundings.

"Dr. Jin!" Even before he can look after the person calling him, he suddenly dropped. He expected to drop on the floor, but that did not happen when the person who called him ran and supported him immediately.

"Jin! Wake up!" That's all he heard when everything suddenly turned black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 8.7K 43
"Will you two idiots ever fucking leave me alone?" Seokjin was exasperated. He had had it up to his ears with these two idiots. From grade school to...
62.8K 2.3K 23
[COMPLETED] Jeon Jungkook, an intern in a small company, and Kim taehyung, the powerful CEO of Kim corps. A month ago, Jungkook went to a reception o...
177K 10.2K 35
Jungkook is homeless. He's lived on the streets for so long that he's forgotten there is such a thing as human kindness. Enter Seokjin. Take a peek i...
288K 16.2K 30
"You're smiling, but why do your eyes tell a completely different story?" Park Jimin is just barely getting by, having to take care of his two year o...