👵Gran Review👵 (Temporarily...

By TwoThreeAction

Are you a novice writer looking for feedback? Submit your work and I will read and review it! More

👵Introduction👵
👵Rules👵
👵Payment👵
👵Form👵
R#1 Love At Dawn
#R2 Ratneshwari
#R3 Winter's solace
#R4 What Do We Count In A Galaxy Filled With Unlucky Stars?
#R5 Lacuna Obscura
#R6 The Librarian
#7 SHS
#R8 Crooked Hearts
#R9 The Bedeviled Princess
#10 The Pentagon Paradox
#11 In Huck's Hands
#R12 Lion Guard : Princes Revenge
#R13 My Summer Of Untold Truths
R#14 Destined Strangers
#R15 The Prep's Diary : How the Prep became so preppy
#R16 So far away
#17 Henry Neville - The Geist Therapist
#R18 Lost In Blue
#R19 Out of the Shadows
#R20 A Second Scar
#R21 Footsteps Approaching
👵ANNOUNCEMENT👵
#R22 The Obscure Downsides of Fame
#R23 Unlock You
#R24 The Mariposa
#R25 The Untangled Fate
#R26 The Edge Of The World
#R27 Why Not Us
#R28 Finding Death
#R29 My Maid And I
#R30 Threads
👵PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT👵
#R32 Beholders Of Bamberg
#R 33 Dear Mocha
#R34 Hit Send
#R35 The Colony
#R36 Journey Of Love
#R37 How We Began
#R38 Against the Dark
#R39 Surgeon's Solitude
#R40 I'm Losing You
#R41 Free Minds
#42 My First Draft
#43 Secret Of The Snow Queen
#44 You Said Forever And Always
A Kingdom Of Tales

#R31 White Lies

29 2 5
By TwoThreeAction

👵》Cover / Title
White lies with a picture of a girl with two boys, a story about a friend group that is full of lies? Or two boys who like the girl in the friendroup? I am expecting a betrayal story or ulterior motive from the title and cover alone. Beautiful image, is that a scene from the story? That would be good.

👵》Blurb/Story Description
Blurbs usually introduces main casts and important points about them, main conflict and leaving a hook to make people read the book. There is actually nothing in the blurb for me to get an idea of what the story is about, so you could write a better blurb to attract readers.

👵》World
There is a lack of scene building, so I think you should try to describe the setting to give readers a sense of place and time, it doesn't have to be too descriptive. Just enough information to paint a visual backdrop. Without scene setting, its hard to immerse into the world of the story hehe.

👵》Plot & Conflict
What can I say about the plot and conflict? There is not much information on what the story is about? Couldn't really figure out what the plot is from reading the first two chapters as well.

👵》Characters
I think you could introduce the cast better, describing their appearance and maybe a bit of backstory through character thoughts / introspection, the only character that stands out is probably the main character. Definitely need to work on the other characters to make the story more "alive", the story kind of feels empty because of that.

👵》Enjoyment/Engagement
Personally I think the story needs to be outlined / reframed better, it feels all over the place at the moment and jumps from one location to another too quickly. It feels like there is no room to immerse myself into the world, the telling of the story is too fast so I would recommend working on pacing. Ease the reader into the story! Don't rush the scenes.

And there are moments where you try to show, but most of the time you are telling. Definitely should focus on show don't tell, painting the world through the character's eyes. I would also advise you to improve sentence structure, it does feel choppy reading it which also disrupts immersion in my opinion. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358 217 12
If you do that, I'll throw you out of that freaking window. What are you doing? Checking how high the drop is to see if it's worth it. The story of o...
3.6K 654 26
🌸 Welcome to the Blossom Mini Awards, where literary excellence blooms in miniature form! 📚✨ Celebrating the vibrant diversity of storytelling, thi...
1.5K 51 8
Welcome to Haven Hues' first award. If you are looking for some motivation to complete your ongoing stories...this might be it. Open - ✔ Judging...