We're in This Together

由 Vdelphine

An Artist Girl Jennifer Alison , who is taking care of 5 years old kid Adeline Alison as Her daughter. One d... 更多

PROLOGUE
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21 (Part1)
Episode 21 (Part2)
Episode 21 (Part3)
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 31 (Part 2)
Episode 31 (Part 3)
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61

Episode 5

2.1K 48 2
由 Vdelphine

"Jenni !" Adie runs out from the school and give me a tight hug.

"Hey, sweetie how was your day?" I asked by ruffling her hair slightly. "Everything is fine and I got A+ at Spelling for Today." she said with huge smile. "Wow, what a brilliant girl?" I picked her up from the ground and swing around. She let our giggles in amusement. "So, what do you want for your achievement?" I asked and slowly put her down and open the car door for her. She tilts her head while thinking about what she wants.

"I want Ice Cream" she said with huge grin.

"Oh, what a nice choice" I added and put her into the car and took a belt on her. I let out a huge sigh before I swiftly joined into the car.

"How about your day Jenni?" she asked with soft voice.

"Too well for express" I give her a huge smile over the backseat mirror. Actually, it was a fake smile that I was trying my best to put on. Today, is totally exhausted day that I ever had. After a few mins later, I parked my car beside the platform. "Come on , lets have our Achievement Ice Cream" I said with grin and quickly get out from the car. Adie was making a small dance in the backseat until I open the door for you.

"Welcome, how can I help for you" as soon as we take a step into the Ice Cream shop the shopkeeper greeted us with huge smile.

"Why don't you order by yourself Adie?" I picked her up to see the Menu card which is on the wall of behind the counter. After she carefully choosing her favorite combo , she ordered.

"I want Vanilla Strawberry with Chocolate topping" she said with her cute smile.

"Oh, what a nice choice Dear" the shopkeeper said with chuckles. The shopkeeper, she opened the fridge and filling the cup with 3 balls of Vanilla Strawberry Ice Cream. After she put up Chocolate topping on it , she carefully handed to Adie.

"Thank you so much" Adie gives her a small nod and thanks to her while I reach into my purse and pull out some cash, holding it out to the shopkeeper.

"Oh, what a clever girl!" she added with huge smile. A proud smile for My Adie, slowly appeared on my face.

" You are really Great Mother, young lady" she said while she taking a cash from me.

"Um...Thanks" I said with a small smile.

"You well trained your kid how to be polite , that's why you are really Clever Mama for her" she added again.

"Thank you " I give her a nod and put out my hand to grab Adie's hand.

"Goodbye Miss" Adie gives a small wave to the shopkeeper before we step out from the shop. I didn't do any objection about her mention 'Mother' cause I titled myself as Adie's Mother too. While I was losing myself into my thoughts of train , Adie pulls my hand to grabs my attention.

"Jenni can I have Pinwheel?" she asked with pleading eyes and pointed out to the Store which is across from our side. "Promise me, you will keep it safe" I looked into her eyes to make a promise with me. Without wasting anytime, she gives me an agreement nod. So, I took her hand and we both make a cross the road.

That shop seem like a Vintage Shop. It gives us Old Vibe of London. The door bell rung off, when we both step into the shop.

"Welcome Please" the old woman greeted us with huge smile.

"Can I have Pinwheel?" Adie softly asked to the old lady. "Sure, my dear which one do you want?" she asked and gesture her to follows with her. Adie looks up at me to give her a permission to follow. I give her a smile and nod to let her know. When she follows with the old lady , I also take a look around the shop. I saw some old enough things from ages ago. I saw pair of Tea pot with cups with are made of pure glass. Then, I saw a painting which is covered with plastic. When I took a few steps closer to take a look at the painting , a pair of small hands appeared from behind and hug my lower waist.

"Oh, hi Adie are you done with your Pinwheel?" I asked her softly.

"Yes, look at this Jenni it is cool right?" she showed me her pinwheel which shown one of the old painting when it spin around with wind.

"Wow, it is really amazing Adie" I take a look carefully.

"Yeah, it is old painting which is last 1000 years ago and they printed it onto the Pinwheel" the old lady explained. "Is that really ok to buy it?" I asked her with concerned.

"It is fine" she paused and let out a sigh. "Nobody care about old classic paintings anymore, they only know some popular and famous paintings" she added and walk into the counter. I give her a nod in agreement. Before I tried to paid cash , but the painting which is covering with plastic was keep pulling my attention.

"If you don't mind can I ask you about that Painting?" I asked her and pointed out the painting.

"Oh, that one? Well, it is not for sell but I will show you" she walks towards the painting and pull it out from the shelf and towards me. The more it comes closer the more the strange feeling growing deeply inside my chest.

"It is not old painting but it is really full of meanings and it makes me sad every time I feel this painting" she said with soften face.

"Do you know who drew..." before I finished my words she pulled out the plastic over the painting.

Oh My God....

"It is from Hal ... my husband brought it before he died with cancer. It is not classic or ventage but , it is really kind of something" she said with small crackling voice and show me the painting. As soon as I saw that painting , I sobbed out by pain which is overwhelming with sorrow. Then, I cried out loud.

The Painting :

"Oh Dear, are you ok sweetie?" the old lady puts the painting near the table by leaning against and runs towards me. She holds my body by grabbing my arm and hugs me into her embrace. I tried to breath myself between hard sobbing. "Are you ok Jenni?" Adie comes towards me and asked me. I can clearly see some small tear into her eyes. Her eyes was full of worried and curiousness.

"I ...need a fresh air" I swiftly swing open the door and rush out from the shop. I still cant take my breath into stable stage again.

"How did this happened...why it is here" those questions keep killing me inside my head while I bumped into the stranger man while I was trying myself to control.

"Wooh...are you ok Jennifer" the man asked with soft tone. My vision was blurred by tears. So, I cant clearly see who is he until he slightly grabs my shoulder and shakes it.

"Jennifer ...are you ok?" It was Daniel who has a huge smile almost all the time. 'What is he doing here'. He carefully looks at me while holding my arms. After a few seconds of being faded out , I become relief again.

"Oh, I am sorry " I slowly mumbled him and take a step back from him. He still puts out his just in case to catch me if I fall down. "Thank you " I paused and look at him "Daniel". He slowly gives me a nod and he tried to say something but he was interrupted by Adie appearance.

"Jen!" she rush out from the shop and hugs me tight.

"What happened?" she asked me with her red eyes which are full of tear. I brushed my face with my both hands before I bow towards her wiped her tears.

"No, nothing I was just stressed out" I softly said to her.

"Sorry about that Dear, I am really sorry for you and for your little daughter" the old lady said while she was standing at the entrance of Shop. As soon as she mentioned ' Your Little daughter' I can clearly see from corner of my eyes that Daniel's face turned into soft and at the same time it was full of curious.

I shake my head "No, you don't need to apologize for that Madam, I am really sorry about that and here the cash for Adie's Pinwheel" said and I paid for the pinwheel. Then, I swiftly picked up Adie and walks back to my car. I put Adie into the backseat carefully and I also joined into the driver seat and directly drove back to my apartment.

"You can do this alone Right?" I softly asked to Adie who is wearing her pajamas to go to the bed while I was leaning against the bedroom door frame. She gives me a hug smile and nod. Then I walks towards her bed and took a seat at the edge of the bed. She gives me a smile and looking at me with her huge eyes.

"Are you ok Jenni?" she asked.

"Of course, I am fine now. Don't worry too much" I give her a wink. "Come on , let's go to bed for tomorrow" I covered the blanket over her small body.

"Good Night Jenni" she gives me a smile and opens her arms to hugs me. I swiftly sink into her arms and hug her back.

" I Love You Jenni" she softly said and kiss my cheek.

"I Love You too Adie" I kissed her forehead. "Good Night Adie, have a sweet dream my Little Girl"

" You too , my Pretty Protector Jenni" she called out before I stand up from her bed.

I give he a small smile before I walks towards the door and leave the door slightly open. I let out a sigh as soon as I walked out from Adie's door. I slowly took my steps into my room which is nearly with Adie's one. I locked the door and sat on the floor by leaning against the door. I looked up to the Ceiling like I used to staring alone... last few years ago.

"What am I supposed to do James" I mumbled to myself and sink my head into my knees.

Take me back to The Night We Met ...

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

15.4K 460 11
In which Lando Norris becomes infatuated with a girl who is the equivalent of Sunshine and Rainbows. A FORMULA ONE BOOK LANDO NORRIS X FEM OC Cover b...
375K 8.4K 50
~ '𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫' ~ ❝You know I'll w...
30.4K 606 20
Jules Bianchi, the guy she admired with everything she had. The best father she could ever ask for. The best driver on the grid. The savior of many...
286K 6K 60
Sticking around was never her intention. She just wanted to watch one race and the people around her made everything in their power to keep her there...