Up All Night ➸ One Direction...

By Carefree2222

"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter... More

1 : Mobs and Such (Trailer!)
2 : Trapped
3 : Paparazzi
4 : The Paparazzi Games
5 : Laughs and Limousines
6 : "Houston, We Have a Problem"
7 : Dinner and A One Direction
8 : The Ellen Degeneres Show!
9 : Wrestling 101
10 : Back To Class
11 : Challenge Accepted
12 : The Game [1]
12 : The Game [2]
12 : The Game [3]
13 : Hide And Go Cheat
14 : Ella Strauss vs. The World
15 : Mission Impossible [s.e]
16 : We've Gathered Here Today...
17 : Candice's Corner
18 : Moments
19 : Rabid Werewolves
20 : The World's Funniest Home Twitcams
21 : Is It Me?
1D Summer Awards
22 : Tango with the Devil's Assistant
23 : Paulways In Charge
24 : Grounded
25 : We Need To Talk
Interview Questions From YOU. (Closed)
*Character Interview*
26 : Reassurance
27 : Hormones VS Kidnappings
28 : How To Seduce, Summer Evans' Edition
29 : Cruel and Unusual Punishments
30 : Tacos and Hot Bods
Book Cover & Ship Name
31 : A Taco & Some Tears
32 : In a Blink of an Eye
33 : The Reality of Things
34 : Rewind then FastForward [h.s]
Whose Point Of View?
35 : Night Changes [n.h]
36 : Jealous
37 : Little Things
38 : Begin Again
**Interview Questions**
*Character Interview (2)*
39 : Cleavage [h.s]
41 : Stone Cold
42 : Hands of Love
43 : Yours
44 : Up All Night

40 : Picture Perfect [s.e]

4.9K 142 22
By Carefree2222

Chapter 40: Picture Perfect

Summer

I hate him.

I tried to keep my focus on the words that was printed in the book. I was reading the words on the page, but problem was I didn't understand what any of it meant. My mind would wander instead of focusing on the meaning of the words. The text he sent me kept returning to my mind and my curiosity only grew with it. It was vague, uninformative and ugh,

I hate him.

There was a three paged study guide I needed to complete and haven't even started. I was already behind as is. At this point I could literally drown in all the assignments that piled up. I might as well drop out now and become a stripper.

Oh yeah, I definitely hated him.

I quickly scanned the page in the text book before allowing my eyes to wander around the library before they landed on the girl sitting across from me - Ella. Her lips were placed in a thin line, fingers rested against her face and elbow on the table for support. She sighed before flipping a page in the packet she had placed on the table before her. I was sure she was just as stressed as I was. Maybe even more so because of recent events. I mean, have they even spoken?

My mind trailed back to the article I found online of Harry and Ella. I hated most articles about them because they were false, but this one in particular was right on the money. The picture that first appeared was of them when we arrived after the cruise. The beautifully photographed picture of Harry carrying Ella bridal style was captured at the right time. They were staring deeply at each other with far more emotion than anyone could imagine. As a plus, not once did that article mention Lauren. Their main point was to prove that Hella is a real thing and boy were their receipts on point. They loved Hella just as much as we did. We're all rooting for them; so much so that as of now a plan is being formulated that I unfortunately know nothing about because Niall isn't giving me any details!

A plan is in motion! His text read. Thing is, he sent it 30 minutes ago and I'm still here wondering what that plan could be.

"You're staring." Her soft voice filled my ears and I quickly snapped back to reality. With an eyebrow raised, her green orbs bore into mine. I was expecting her to return her attention back to her papers, but she continued to stare and I didn't want to be the one to break her gaze. That'd make me look weak! As if reading my mind, her lips curved into a small smile and a look of mischief filled her eyes.

She's challenging me.

I pursed my lips and squinted my eyes at my best friend. There was no way in hell I was going to lose. And I would have, if my phone didn't vibrate loudly against the table. Her eyes landed on my phone and mine soon followed. 'Neil Horan' popped up on the screen and in one quick motion I picked up my phone to answer his call.

"Mhm?" I answered returning my attention back to Ella. She was staring down at her papers.

"I'm outside. We need to discuss operation Hella," Niall told me.

I didn't reply. Instead I quickly gathered my things with the phone in my ear being held in place by my shoulder. I tried to look panicked as I got my things together. I needed to form an excuse to leave, a good one so Ella wouldn't get suspicious and I knew just the thing. I rose to my feet as I placed my bag on the desk and zipped it up. With my frantic actions, I knew I had Ella's attention now.

"You've got diarrhea? Oh, babe. I'm on my way," I breathed out in a soft, sad sounding voice. I threw my bag over my shoulder and glanced down at Ella who nodded in understanding as I sped my way out the library. Niall's laughter filled my ear and it took everything in me not to break down into laughter.

"What are you on 'bout? I haven't got diarrhea. At least not that I know about."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure if you had diarrhea, you'd know."

"Maybe you're right. Now get your arse here, I'm hungry," he whined.

I stepped outside and scurried to the car parked out front. I made my way to the passenger's side and opened the door. I was immediately greeted by a grinning Niall and a unison of "hello's" erupted in the back from Zayn and Liam. I made my way inside, placing my bag on the floor and shutting the door. Even after meeting each other, Niall and I still had our phones placed to our ears.

"You going to hang-" Without hesitation I ended our call and immediately, Niall gasped. He stared wide eyed at me, flickering his eyes between me and his phone. A few moments passed by, his expression unchanged as he turned in his seat to look at Liam and Zayn in the back. "She hung up on me!"

"Shut up and drive," I told him, laughing.

For what seemed like centuries we rode in silence, the only sound filling the car was the music being played from the radio. Occasionally when the car would come to a stop, Niall would glance at me and we'd exchange smiles before his attention returned to the road. When he did, I took the opportunity to take him in. His hand rested easy on the steering wheel, the other on his lap. He sported a gray t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. His blonde hair was placed in a messy quiff atop his head, but the look suited him. Hell, any look would suit him.

"Honestly, take a picture," Niall told me, laughing. I didn't know how long I'd been staring, but it must have been awhile for me not to notice we've arrived. His thin lips curled into a smile before he tore his gaze away from me and to the restaurant, retrieving his keys and stepping out of the car. Liam and Zayn stood on the sidewalk, chatting away and waiting for us. I felt my cheeks grow hot stepping out the car. The silly smile Niall wore didn't falter as I approached him. Without any warning he cupped my face and he planted a soft kiss against my lips. I gasped in surprise but closed my eyes and returned his kiss. My cheeks grew hotter once he pulled away and kissed my forehead gently. To make matters worse, Zayn and Liam began to make kissing noises behind us.

I rolled my eyes, a smile threatening it's way to my lips. Niall ignored them and made his way inside the restaurant with me trailing behind him. He reached back to retrieve my hand. His hand felt warm against mine.

We made our way inside and straight to the bar where a boy with a head of curls was seated beside a boy with disheveled brown hair. The two of them turned as we approached and greetings were exchanged between the five boys. I gave Harry and Louis a quick hug before my eyes landed on a wrinkled piece of paper of a picture laying against the bar table.

"Good to see you boys," Liam announced, patting Louis and Harry on the back. Louis quickly shrugged Liam's hand off him with a look of disgust on his face, although I could tell he was fighting a smile.

"Don't act like you miss us when we literally spend every day t'gether." Harry turned in his chair to fully face us. His dimpled smile returned, a genuine one I haven't seen in awhile. He looked good, better than he did the last time I'd see him.

Liam waved off his comment, a unison of laughter's filling the air.

"Let's get down to business, lads. What's the plan?" Zayn asked. He shifted, placing his weight on his other leg while shoving his hands into his pants pocket. His jaw clenched as he glanced between Louis and Harry, waiting for an answer but instead got complete silence. His lips parted as if to say something, but let out a breath of air, shaking his head in disapproval.

"That's the thing, we haven't got much of one," Louis deadpanned. He leaned back against the bar for support as the others groaned in impatience. Louis only smiled as if amused, but it faltered once he caught the look Harry gave him. Harry's brows furrowed, looking back at Louis as if the boy had just slapped him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Harry shook his head. "I've got a plan, I thought it was quite brill-"

"Are you kidding?"

"I'm quite serious," Harry whined. His eyes left Louis' to scan the rest of us before smiling. "I'll tell you all my plan and we'll cast a vote. How 'bout that?"

Louis rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

I pursed my lips. If Louis says it's bad, it must be bad. The green in Harry's eyes twinkled in excitement as we all agreed to hear his supposed great idea. It just better not be as sour as his jokes.

He rubbed his palms together and swept the hair that shielded his eyes over his head. His eyes bounced between us all. "I rent a horse and carriage and buy an expensive, great looking suit from Saint Laurent, yeah? I send Ella a ball gown and surprise her with it before the movie premiere tomorrow-"

"What movie premiere?" Zayn interjected.

Harry's smile dropped. " Don't interrupt. We'll get to that later, mate, let me finish. So she agrees to wear it and we ride to the premiere in horse and carriage. We separate the horses and we ride them on the red carpet. Few minutes later, this is the best part, I get her down from the horse and lean in for a hug, but instead we kiss! Guess what happens? We disappear from the premiere to Paris and-"

"Is this some sort of fairy-tale you made up?" Niall was the one to interrupt this time and Harry shot daggers at him.

"I tried to tell him. That sort of thing only happens in the movies," Louis said, shrugging. He reached behind him to grab the cup sitting at the table beside the wrinkled paper and took a sip from his drink.

The other boys shared the shame expression, most likely un-amused at Harry's fairy-tale idea of a plan. Only thing missing in that story was the fairy Godmother. How could anyone forget her? I mean, I'd be happy to play the role if it came to it. I laughed internally.

"I don't think that sort of thing happens in the movies, Lou," Liam laughed. Louis waved his comment off, continuing to drink. "Please tell me someone's got a real plan in mind."

Silence once again. When Niall texted me a plan was formulating I was thinking it was an actual legit plan that would work. I kind of ditched my homework for this and now I was beginning to regret it.

My eyes adverted to the paper on the table once more. I took the opportunity to reach passed Louis and Harry to grab a hold of it. My curiosity was finally eating away at me. The others watched as I studied the image and once I realized what it was, I smiled. It was the photo that was taken of Harry carrying Ella bridal style when he rescued her. Had the paparazzi not of been there, this image would not be out there for the world to see. That's when an idea hit me.

Niall took the paper from my hands, releasing the hold he had on my hand. I glanced at the boys, my smile growing in excitement. They met my gaze and I knew I had everyone's attention. I knew for sure this plan wouldn't fail. Most importantly, it was far better than Harry's. Not that this was a competition or anything, I'd just hate for my plan to top is horrible one.

"I have a plan," I announced. Everyone's demeanor changed. Five pairs of eyes stared back at me and I gave myself a moment to collect my thoughts. One thing for sure was that we needed to start using the paparazzi to our advantage. They want a big scoop, well they've got one coming their way.

Thoughts on what Summer's big plan could be? ;)
I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in awhile, but college isn't exactly a walk in the park, lol. But I'm doing my best for you. Sorry 1,000,000 times.
Vote, comment let me know what you think! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 921 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
1.1K 64 14
*****SEQUEL TO LIVING WITH LOUIS***** ****READ LIVING WITH LOUIS OR THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL**** Hannah and Louis are getting serious. They are...
1.6M 15.4K 199
What's it called? That's what they are! I just really love 1D and writing about my bizarre life. YOU SHOULD READ THIS...or not. idrc :) ~~~~~~~~~~...
7.2K 167 7
**COMPLETE** Louis is picked to appear on Love Island when a friend signs him up. He is pessimistic about the whole situation. That is until he meets...