Date A Mysterious Being

By Dokkkku

"This is... Me?" Lucas, a enigmatic young man who awakens to a life shrouded in mystery. Without a single mem... More

Chapter 1 - A Mysterious Being
Chapter 2 - Spirit
Chapter 3 - Omnipotence
Chapter 4 - A new beginning
Chapter 5 - A Girl with no Name
Chapter 6 - Give me a Name!
Chapter 7 - Date
Chapter 8 - Puppet
Chapter 9 - Spirit of Water Manipulation
Chapter 10 - Yoshinon
Chapter 11 - Yoshino
Chapter 12 - Frozen Field
Chapter 13 - Takamiya Mana
Chapter 14 - Tempest Yamai
Chapter 15 - Bedroom Tango
Chapter 16 - Cross-Counter Heart
Chapter 17 - Sisterly Bond
Chapter 18 - Diva
Chapter 19 - Male/Female
Chapter 20 - Maid Café
Chapter 21 - White Licorice
Chapter 22 - Gabriel
Chapter 23 - A Siege of Two
Chapter 24 - DEM
Chapter 25 - Strongest Wizard
Chapter 26 - Demon King
Chapter 27 - Death
Chapter 28 - Return
Chapter 29 - Gift
Chapter 30 - Game
Chapter 31 - Disappearance
Chapter 32 - Culprit
Chapter 33 - Little Monsters
Chapter 34 - Harassment
Chapter 35 - Make Up
Chapter 36 - Truth
Chapter 37 - The Great Fall
Chapter 38 - Efreet
Chapter 39 - Goetia
Chapter 40 - Rampage
Chapter 41 - True Killer
Chapter 42 - Tobiichi
Chapter 43 - Breaking the world
Chapter 44 - Devil
Chapter 45 - Memories
Chapter 46 - Disaster
Chapter 47 - Dáinsleif
Chapter 48 - Mangaka Honjou
Chapter 49 - Otaku Life
Chapter 50 - 2.5 Dimensional
Chapter 51 - Comico Match
Chapter 52 - What's yours is mine
Chapter 53 - Zodiac
Chapter 54 - Upgrade
Chapter 55 - Fairytales
Chapter 56 - Just Highschoolers
Chapter 57 - Battle of the Cosmos
Chapter 58 - Unlock
Chapter 59 - Lock
Chapter 60 - All alone
Chapter 61 - Cosmos vs Inverse
Chapter 62 - Hoshimiya
Chapter 63 - Nibelcol
Chapter 64 - Bitter-Sweet Valentine
Chapter 65 - Birth of the First Spirit
Chapter 66 - A message for war
Chapter 67 - Preparation
Chapter 68 - Distant Past
Chapter 70 - Mio
Chapter 71 - Sanctuary of all Creation
Chapter 72 - Magician
Chapter 73 - Massacre
Chapter 74 - Forgotten Memories
Chapter 75 - Murasame Reine
Chapter 76 - The Second Date
Chapter 77 - DEM vs Ratatoskr
Chapter 78 - Momentary Paradise

Chapter 69 - Family

183 4 6
By Dokkkku

"Kihihihihi. Come, let us depart we. Let us gracefully charm and ravage the enemy together."

"Yes, yes!"

"How exciting, truly exciting!"

Following Kurumi's command, numerous clones climbed out from the shadows. The clones flew through the sky like a black flash, shooting down the airborne Bandersnatch in the air one by one with the pistols in their hands.

Kurumi's clones versus the Bandersnatch legion. Although both sides were based on quantity, Kurumi's side had the advantage in terms of individual strength. Despite the Bandersnatch's efforts to advance forward, their resistance ended the moment they were pierced through the chest, arms twisted off, or shot in the head.

"Kihi! Kihihihihihihi!"

"To think that they would use such mechanical soldiers against me."

"If you're not going to even try, hurry up and offer the general's head──!"

However, at the very next moment.

Several pieces of paper flew down next to the dismantled Bandersnatch. From there, several maidens with lustrous dark grey hair appeared, piercing through the body of a clone with sharp precision.

"Gi──!" A brief dying voice was heard from a clone before falling down to the ground.

"Me!"

"Hmm......so you've come out, mass-produced type." Kurumi turned her attention to the Nibelcol now licking her blood-stained arm.

"Mass-produced type? Should I really be hearing that coming from you?"

"I've thought about it before, but aren't you all ripping off my character?"

"Take that back. You don't get to decide who is ripping off whom."

"Very well. Let me present your head before your favorite Otou-sama." Kurumi let out a devilish grin while she and her clones all pointed their muzzles at the approaching Nibelcol.

Several sparks illuminated the sky of Tenguu City.

It was a scene too disjointed from reality.

There were several battleships in the air, along with countless Wizards. One's field of vision was distorted by the reflection of the myriad mechanical humanoid dolls. The deformed buildings from the ground were attacking the warships above without interruption. Furthermore, the mechanical dolls were being constantly undermined by the Spirit Nightmare.

"Wha......"

While watching the unexpected battlefield lay out in front of her eyes, a shocked voice squeaked out from Kusakabe Ryouko's throat.

"What is this......"

As Captain of AST, and as a Wizard, they had experienced many blood-filled battlefields. While not completely intact without injuries afterwards, they at least survived fighting Princess and Hermit and the other Spirits at DEM Industries Japanese Branch.

However, even for Ryouko, such a sight was too abnormal.

Compared to the usual scuffles, both the size and scale were too different. The melee covered the entire sky as the battlefield stage. In addition, among the reactions designated as enemy, it was not only Spirits, but Wizards and battleships included as well.

It was no longer merely the AST's main task of countering the Spirits.

The sight to behold spreading right now was an undeniable war.

Being suddenly ordered to such a military battlefield without being informed of the reasons for dispatch, the degree of confusion of AST's main players, led by Ryouko, could be visualized.

"Captain......"

Then, Mikie's voice was heard coming from the communicator headset.

"This is what Origami-san had said......right?"

"..." Listen to Mikie's words, Ryouko remained silent for a while.

Certainly, it's true that the current situation was the same as predicted by her former co-worker Tobiichi Origami two days ago.

"Sure enough, Origami-san told us to hide behind the front lines......"

"W-what are you talking about? No matter what the form, the mission will not change. As long as there is a Spirit, it is our job to defeat it."

"But......"

Mikie still refused to stop.

As her superior, it was appropriate to scold Mikie for arguing against the order......however, Ryouko just snorted and said nothing. To be honest, Ryouko's current mood was similar to Mikie's.

Even if she was a former colleague, she couldn't completely believe in Origami. However, if she would go so far as to say that the contents of what she had said were completely unfounded, that wouldn't be the case either.

Based on the various events that have occurred so far, a considerable number of doubts and mistrust has accumulated weight against DEM. Depending on the individual as well, there seemed to be people who think that a mutual understanding can be reached through communicating with the Spirits.

However, the pride and responsibilities as captain of AST had forced her to minimize these sentiments that were expected to flow.

No, not only that but more accurately.

The moment of believing in Origami's words was the same thing as accepting that everything done up until now had been a mistake. To acknowledge that terrified her.

At that moment, while perceiving such thinking, the communication system rang──it was a Wizard from DEM Industries.

"Hello? Are you Captain Ryouko-san from AST?"

"......Yes, it's me? Who is this?"

"DEM second executive Irene Fox. I appreciate the cooperation. The situation is urgent. Please launch an assault on the Spirits at this location. We will provide support for you."

"Ha......? Wait, how come so suddenly."

Having not responded back to the question, the communication was cut off shortly. Just like that, a mark was projected onto the map indicating where to go.

Looking on the position being on displayed, just as Eileen had said, there was a Spirit fighting against the mechanical dolls. It was Hermit.

"Ah, shit, what the hell is this?" Ryouko anxiously scratched her head and let out a deep sigh before injecting energy into the arm holding her laser gun.

"Work is work. Let's go!"

"U-understood......!" As Ryouko gave out her commands, the AST members responded back despite the hesitation in their voices.

While operating the thrusters attached to their backs, they formed a formation to attack Hermit.

"Eat this!"

"! Ku──"

As Ryouko released a barrage from her laser gun, Hermit responded back by gathering the cold air to form a defensive ice barrier.

Even so, it was a routine matter to be expected for a Spirit to prevent this level of attack. Ryouko issued the next set of orders to her team members.

"Get around from behind! Pay attention to the cold air! Even the voluntary Territory will be frozen!"

"Okay──"

At that moment, the voices from her team members were interrupted. To say it more precisely, it was drowned out by the loud warning sound resounding in their ears.

"Wha──"

From the approaching heat source, there was a strong energy reading coming from behind. After seeing the undisputed fact displayed in her field of vision, Ryouko choked on her breath.

But of course that would happen. The response was not something from the Spirit──it was an attack issued out by the DEM Wizard who had just sent the message.

After some brief confusion, Ryouko immediately understood.

That DEM's wizards had no intention of helping from the very beginning. Their only purpose was to create a momentary opening on the Spirits for them to exploit. That's right, alongside the AST members who were pinned; they continued to attack the Spirits---

"......Tch!" Everyone was strengthening their bodies in preparation for being hit by the magical artillery. However, the expected shock never came. The moment, just as the magical artillery was about to be burned against their backs.

"Michael---Rātaibu."

After suddenly appearing there, the girl twisted a giant key-like staff. A huge hole opened in space, sucking in the magical bombardment.

The next moment, a similar hole was created again behind the very same Wizard who had fired the magical cannon, from which the energy that was sucked in was subsequently released.

"Eh......!?"

The Wizard, Irene Fox who was subjected to her own attack, let out a painful groan before collapsing towards the ground.

"Huh......?" Ryouko stared in open befuddlement at the girl who suddenly appeared in front of her eyes.

Long blonde hair and a key-shaped angel, although this was Ryouko's first time seeing her, the glittering garments she was wearing were unmistakably the armor worn by the Spirits.

"Hmm. You seem unlike the other people. Are you the AST that Origami was speaking of?"

"U-uh......"

Had they been saved by the Spirit?

From the unexpected state of affairs, Ryouko could barely let out a mumble. Then, Hermit, while riding the giant rabbit, revealed her appearance by releasing the giant ice wall.

"I've heard the situation from Origami-san.......Please, you all need to stay away."

"Yes, yes. Too much mischief and even the usual gentle Yoshinon will get angry."

"Ha......w-what are you......"

"Mun, let's go, Yoshino, Yoshinon."

"Yes......!"

"Okay!"

With Ryouko still in a confused state, the Spirits nodded to each other before leaping into the sky.

Then, as silence flowed in the air for a while, everyone gathered around Ryouko. Not a single one had time to process what just happened.

"......! C-captain, are you alright!? Are you injured?"

After a few seconds, Mikie let out a voice that seemed to free her from this paralysis. Hearing that sound, Ryouko's shoulders shook for a bit.

"Ah, yeah, I'm fine. No problems......thanks to the Spirits."

"............"

As Ryouko spoke out, the AST members fell into silence once again. Sure enough, it didn't seem that what was just seen was a mistake or hallucination. Ryouko grated against her head.

Ryouko and the others came at DEM's request, only to likely for the intention of being discarded by DEM's Wizards. Even worse, they were saved by the targeted Spirit.

"The information that Spirits are organisms with only destructive intentions should be regarded as propaganda from DEM. From the very beginning, we've only been dancing at the palm of DEM's hand."

Ryouko remembered what Origami had said to her two days ago. In her mind, there was a deep conflict between emotion and reason.

That was natural after all. Ryouko and the rest of AST had been fighting Spirits for both the sake of humanity and the world. Even if they suffered numerous injuries and exposed their lives to danger, they had lived with that pride up until now. It wasn't easy to reject that history so far.

However, in the present situation, the longstanding accumulations of suspicion towards DEM had pushed away the fear simmering in Ryouko's chest.

"Tch."

Bang!

Ryouko crashed her laser gun against her forehead. Looking at their captain's startling behavior, the AST members curled their eyebrows in surprise.

"......You guys."

In terms of time, it was at most ten seconds. But during that time, Ryouko condensed everything in her life into her thoughts. Then, at last, Ryouko opened her mouth.

"......Prepare for re-employment, until then, do whatever you want."

"............!"

The AST members returned that order with both confusion and surprise, but overshadowing even that, there was a rising sense of excitement.

"Fu──"

While equipped with both her limited Astral Dress and Ratatoskr CR-Unit Brunhild, Origami let out a light breath. Then at the same time, the visual support surrounding her eyes captured the location of all of the surrounding enemies.

Then, in line with that action, several feathers floating around Origami shuffled into the sky at a speed unmatched by the naked eye as they began to emit light from their tips.

The Angel of Light, Metatron, and all of the Bandersnatch who had received that blow all had their heads uniformly punctured and fell to the ground.

However, no matter how many were defeated, no matter how many Bandersnatch units were slaughtered, the next wave would flock in succession. Although a single unit was not a big deal, this level of quantity was still a threat.

"Tch, no matter how many are knocked down, it's still endless."

Accompanying that voice, a girl with a black CR-Unit flew behind Origami. Like Origami, Mana was also in charge of annihilating the Bandersnatch position at the rear.

"Sure enough, we have to sever off the source."

"I understand." As Origami replied back with a small nod, there was another voice coming from behind.

"Origami-san! Mana-san!"

"Mun, we've kept you waiting."

After saying that, Yoshino, who was riding the ice angel Zadkiel, and Mukuro, who was holding the key angel Michael, both arrived.

"You're late; I was worried that something had happened."

"S-sorry......" As Mana lashed out with a sharp glint in her eyes, Yoshino lowered her head in apology.

"We were delayed for a brief moment by your old friends." After Mukuro had refuted, Mana, having likely been aware of what happened, scratched her face lightly.

"Ah......I see. Are they really still coming?" After saying that, Mana secretly glanced over to Origami.

Origami closed her eyes for a short moment and then took in a deep breath before replying.

"Anyway, the team is now complete. We'll shift to the strategy." Yes, in order to increase the success rate for the operation, Origami had gathered together a team.

Origami, Mana, Yoshino, and Mukuro had all gathered together as a team for capturing Artemisia.

The team's goal was to neutralize Artemisia as soon as possible and escort her to Fraxinus. From there, they would use her brainwave data to stop the movements of the Bandersnatch.

Onboard Fraxinus, Kotori was overseeing the war situation, alongside Nia who provided analysis support.

On the side, Miku with Gabriel and Natsumi mimicking Gabriel with Haniel was enhancing everyone's abilities with a performance from their angels.

As for the task force to deal with the Nibelcol it was Tohka, the Yamai sister, and──

"Origami-san!" At that instant, Mana's voice echoed in her eardrums.

"......!"

Responded to that voice, Origami reflexively raised her hands. The next moment, a tremendous force was pressed against Origami's spear Einherjar.

From the sky, a Wizard had flown at an ultra-high speed while gesturing a slashing movement with a laser blade.

Heavy pressure was transmitted to her arm. A voluntary Territory area knitted with dense magic was felt directly against her dry skin. At that overwhelming speed, even Origami wouldn't have been able to react if she hadn't heard that voice just now.

Even in DEM, there should be few Wizards who possessed such power.
Second Executive Manager Ellen Mathers and──

"Artemisia......!"

Origami called out the name of the Wizard that had just released that sword swing, Artemisia Ashcroft took a few steps back from Origami by using her body to ride the momentum of Origami's counterattack.

"Ya, long time no see. Did we meet in space last time?"

Artemisia spoke out as if she had just run into a friend by coincidence. Origami kept Einherjar up at a safe distance. While Mana, Yoshino, and Mukuro were surprised by the unexpected arrival of their goal, they also assumed fighting stances as well.

However, even though Artemisia was surrounded by four people, the casualness of her tone did not diminish as she continued speaking.

"Tobiichi Origami. I've looked into you a bit, but I don't remember. I don't know why, but it's an itchy feeling. Perhaps we've met somewhere else before?"

After saying that, Artemisia slanted her head in a cute gesture. Origami responded back while keeping her within the range of sight.

"......You were given a memory treatment by DEM. If you come with us, we can probably cure you."

"Eh?" As Origami spoke out without hiding any details, Artemisia widened her eyes unexpectedly.

"Uh......so you're saying that Westcott-san and Ellen have been deceiving me?"

"Yes."

"Uh......" As Origami gave a short reply, Artemisia sighed after several seconds of thinking.

"Sorry, I don't believe you....Because you are all Spirits."

As soon as she finished, Artemisia's figure swelled.

With the Territory ejected by her body, there was no need for any preliminary actions.

"......"

Origami instantly raised her laser spear. Heavy impact, as the laser blades of light knitted from dense magical power, clashed with each other, phantasmal sparks lit up and scattered into the sky.

However, Origami was neither surprised nor disappointed. She did not think that someone who had their memories adjusted would believe this story.

Besides, this formation was already assembled in anticipation for conflict. Nevertheless, it was the fate of the battlefield to develop beyond the expected results. Just as Artemisia led the assault, the DEM wizards and Bandersnatch behind her counterattacked, Mana, Yoshino, and Mukuro, who were aiming for Artemisia.

"Tch!"

"Yoshinon......!"

"Alright! Naughty kids are going to be frozen!"

"Mun......!"

The three of them spread out while avoiding the bombardment and missiles that poured out like rain, they continued to shoot down the enemies.

Origami raised her brow as she operated Metatron to dance in the air and attack Artemisia from all directions. However, Artemisia condensed the Voluntary Territory surrounding her body, deflecting back the direction of the ray beams to escape the attack.

Even the slightest mistake in the angle and strength of the Voluntary Territory could have resulted in serious injury; Artemisia's finesse was truly superb. While mentally praising her skill, Origami enhanced her spear Einherjar with the ambient magical and spiritual power in the atmosphere at an alarming rate.

"Hah!"

"Waah." After Artemisia accurately avoided the fast-paced thrust, she aimed to kick her legs in the gap.

Origami blocked this maneuver by pushing up with the soles of her feet. However, at that instant, having seemingly anticipated this, Artemisia aimed to lift her sword upward.

Somehow, Origami was able to parry the second blow with her laser spear.

"....."
It was a strange feeling of lightness.

At the next moment, Artemisia made a fierce dash forward, letting go of her grip and holding the hilt of her sword as she tried to pierce through Origami's voluntary Territory.

"Hyaa--"

"Ku......!"

It was too late for her body to react in time. Origami guided Metatron to fire off a ray towards herself.

The light struck Origami's shoulders a little faster than Origami's attacking. Having already lost her balance from the clash of Territories against each other, Artemisia's strike left a glancing blow on Origami's cheek.

"Ha!" In retaliation, Origami kicked Artemisia in the abdomen, recreating the distance between the two of them.

As Artemisia flew backwards from that momentum, she expanded the scope of her voluntary Territory again and pulled back the laser sword she had tossed into the air.

"As expected of you, that was an admirable counter just now."

"............" Origami's facial expression was slightly distorted upon hearing Artemisia's unwarranted praise.

Sure enough, she was monstrously strong.

Trying to capture the objective alive would be much more difficult than killing. It would be tremendously arduous for Origami to secure Artemisia alone.

While trying to force this stalemate to last longer, there was no other choice but to wait until Mana, Yoshino, and Mukuro had shaken off their enemies.

One second. Having one second would be enough if she could only distract Artemisia for that long──

"Oririn!"

As Origami was pondering such thoughts, Nia's voice onboard Fraxinus was suddenly heard through the communicator device.

"This may be bad news. But there seems to be a strong reaction rapidly approaching Oririn and the others' location. It is likely......Ellen."

"............"

Origami held her breath as that desperate news shook in her eardrums.

Five Ratatoskr airships were deployed above the skies of Tenguu City.

Onboard one of them, Ulmus the sister ship of Fraxinus, the chairmen of the Round Table, Elliot Woodmen was watching the monitor screen.

"So you came, Ellen. It's a good decision, you've grown up."

Then, while looking at the response from the radar, he let out a sigh.

Yes, the response from Ellen indicated that she was heading in the direction where Artemisia was fighting Origami and the other Spirits.

Did they sniff out that location as being prevalent, or was part of a larger strategy? Either way, the situation was quite dire.

The enemy was the former SSS ace Artemisia Ashcroft in addition to several Bandersnatch units and Nibelcol.

On a battlefield that was barely at a stalemate, introducing the poisonous drug known as Ellen would surely lead to the death of the Spirits.

Even so, what can be done here is really limited. Airships were also in the midst of battle. It was impossible for the Ratatoskr party, which was originally at a disadvantage, to send reinforcements. Even if there were more personnel, there was nobody in Ratatoskr who could stop Ellen. No, in this world there was no existence possible of that.

However, there was one sole exception.

"Karen."

"............" As Woodman called out her name, Karen, who was position next to him, shook her shoulders slightly.

"I have a request for you."

"..................Yes." After an eerie silence, Karen replied back in a taciturn tone.

Although that was to be expected. She, along with the rest of the crew, already knew what Woodman was intending to do.
Karen quietly breathed, turning behind Woodman to operate his wheelchair before calling out to him in a soft voice.

"Elliot, can I tell you a joke to ease the scene?"

"Oh, from you? This is rare. Please allow me to listen."

As Woodman motioned on, Karen continued her words in a gentle tone.

"Let's run away Elliot. The Spirits, Ratatoskr, let's leave everything behind and buy a quiet home by the countryside and live out in peace. In the mountains, a place with a flower field would be nice."

"............"

"It'll be best to have no more than three children. I don't care about gender. Whether it's a boy or girl, as long as it is with you and our children. It will be wonderful. Then, across the bustling days and even the noisy days, let's accumulate a small happiness and grow old together. And then, one day, when you're called to heaven. Hopefully, it will be on my lap."

"......Karen." Woodman quietly said as he placed her hand on top of his own resting on the wheelchair.
When listening carefully, one can still hear the voice of crew sobbing from the lower part of the bridge.

However, Karen herself continued to speak without changing her facial expression.

"It's okay to laugh, it was just said out in jest."

"Ah......you have the talent of a comedy actress.....Karen."

"Yes."

"Sorry."

"That sort of thing is the reason that I fell in love with you."

"......Haha." Woodman let out a small laugh, and then he took out the golden dog tag shining at the bosom of his hands, the emergency outfit device.

"Who are you fighting, Artemisia? .....Tobiichi Origami. Hmm, that's fine. I'll have to return that injury someday."

Ellen, who was equipped with the platinum CR-Unit Pendragon, proceeded ahead at a high speed through the extremely chaotic sky.

Although a vast amount of sparks scattered and explosions detonated around her surroundings, Ellen's main objective right now was the heads of Kunshu Lucas and Itsuka Shidou.

Ellen increased the thrusters of her propeller as random attacks from either allies or enemies continued to bounce off against her voluntary Territory.

Nevertheless, Ellen understood that her objective likely laid on Ratatoskr's side. No doubt that Lucas and Shidou were being protected by one of their aerial warships.

In that case, the next priority was the Spirits. There were three groups of Spirits currently identified in the air. One group was Diva and Witch in front of Fraxinus.

The other was Princess and Berserk who was proceeding into a dense area of Nibelcol. Finally, the last group was Angel, Hermit, and Zodiac confronting Artemisia, alongside the renegade Takamiya Mana. Ellen had chosen the last one for a simple reason.

After all, there were too many enemies. When comparing the Nibelcol and Artemisia, Ellen judged that there would be less stress from being supported by the latter.

"It's convenient that Mana is there as well. I can kill two birds with──"

Then.

Ellen's words suddenly came to a screeching halt. She slammed on the brakes as an attack struck her while moving at supersonic speed. If it were not for the Voluntary Territory protecting her, her body fragmented into pieces.

Then, at the next moment, a shining blade laced with magical energy swept in front of Ellen's eyes.

"Wha---" Ellen opened her eyes in alarm while gripping Caledfwlch in her hands. The person who had taken the imitative to perform an ambush on Ellen stood upright while slowly turning around to block Ellen's path.

"Who are you....?"

Ellen's expression was stained with an attentive color as she pointed the edge of her sword at this person.

There was no spiritual response. It was a Wizard. However, Origami and Mana should still be with Artemisia. She did not imagine that there was another Wizard in Ratatoskr that could make a spectacular surprise attack on herself.

"............"

The Wizard, with a lance-like unit in hand, slowly turned his shoulders around. As a result, the features that were once difficult to distinguish in the shade gradually became more visible in the light.

"......What!?"

Staring at the figure, Ellen held her breath.

He was a young man with bright blond hair reminiscent of sunlight.

The CR-Unit he was wearing was also in a golden shade. The magical power rising from his entire body was openly displaying the extraordinary strength in the Territory surrounding him.

However, for Ellen, that sort of thing didn't matter at all.

"Ah......, ah────"

Those self-confident eyes, the shape of his eyebrows, that fearless look──

Everything had struck in Ellen's heart, her memory.

The man lifted his chin in an exaggerated motion as he finally spoke out.

"Hey, long time no see, Ellen. Did you enjoy boasting about being the strongest Wizard in the world without me around?"

Thump.

Ellen's heart rate spiked.

The whirling emotions in her body finally manifested out to the outside world through her throat.

"......Ellioooooooooooooot!"

That's right. Elliot. Elliot Baldwin Woodman.

In the past, together with Ellen and Westcott, they were comrades who had created DEM and vowed to change the world, and at the same time, the same unforgivable person who reneged on his promise.

The man standing in front of Ellen now was in his heyday appearance.

"You're as young as ever. Well, it's not like I have the right to say that now."

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" Ellen screamed in fury at the attack on her dignity, raising up Caledfwlch to leap towards Elliot.

In that voice, there was resentment, hatred, and fury──

And even a small amount of delight that the person herself was not aware of.

"Ah~ah~ how boring."

"Hey, the other "me" is fighting with Nightmare. I also want to do some more flashy work."

"Really, really, this must be Ellen's crafty plot. She defrauded Otou-sama and made him snub me."

"Yes, it is all Ellen's fault." While chatting amongst each other, the Nibelcol team had landed on the ground.

Their objective was to destroy the magical cannons surrounding Tenguu City.

From the vision cast from their eyes, they could see a continuous bombardment of artillery fired from the rooftops of multi-tenant buildings and private houses. It felt like an extremely surreal sight. The long chimney from the public bathhouse transforming into an anti-aircraft gun looked like something from a gag strip.

Nonetheless, it could not be left unattended due to merely being interesting to look at. The airships were still in good condition due to the constant Voluntary Territory protecting the hull. However, something on the level of the Bandersnatch would easily be blown to pieces from the artillery deployment.

Although the mechanical dolls were easy to supplement, they were neither inexhaustible nor costless. It was naturally better to avoid potential losses if possible.

However, since the turrets were also protected by the Voluntary Territory, any attacks from above would only destroy the surrounding streets. Therefore, a group of Nibelcol, known for their leadership and strength in numbers, was given the responsibility of destroying the forts.

"Hey, don't say that. This is for Otou-sama."

"Let's hurry and finish this up so we can go out and play."

"Alright~"

"Hey, who do you want to play with?"

"Well, the source of my power came from Sister. If she was used as my template, then surely she must be a stunning beauty."

"That's right. She must be a virtuous woman with an impeccable figure, a flawless superwoman."

Like a group of female high school students, the Nibelcol continued chatting endlessly.

Immediately afterwards, a "gagagagaga!" sound was let out from a hail of magazine magical bullets raining down on the group of Nibelcol.

"Kya!"

"It hurts~!"

Screams filled with no tension were uttered as the heads of several Nibelcol ricocheted off their bodies.

The rest of the Nibelcol look around to find several Wizards belonging to Ratatoskr guarding the turrets. Apparently, they were the ones who had ambushed the Nibelcol.

"How very incompetent!"

"I'll never forgive you!"

The struck-down Nibelcol let out a cry as their heads and other wounds regenerated in an instant.

"Wha......!?" Frightened by what had just occurred, the Wizards continued firing more rounds as their faces grew paler.

"Humph." Although having one or two bodies killed wasn't too much of a hassle, the pain still meant it hurt. The Nibelcol all raised their hands at once.

"Beelzebub---Page." The Nibelcol chanted in unison as they called out that name. Then, corresponding to the command of the voice, the paper in the

Nibelcol's hands danced into the air, forming a protective barrier to protect them from the shower of magical bullets.

"What......!?" The voices of the Wizards echoed in disarray.

However, that was not the end. A few of the remaining papers automatically folded themselves into paper airplanes, flying towards the Wizards at a bulletlike speed.

"Uga......!"

"Gu..."

The paper airplanes passed through the voluntary Territories of the Wizards with ease, passing through their shoulders or feet before drawing a trajectory back into the Nibelcol's hands like a boomerang.

"Ahahaha! How fragile!"

"Isn't Ratatoskr supposed to be a companion of the Spirits? I can also be considered a Spirit though."

"Ah, so then there should be no qualms for retribution then."

"I see, ahahaha."

The Nibelcol let out a light laugh before raising her hand again, directing the paper airplane towards the Wizards.

"Ku......"

"Goodbye."

However, the next moment, just as the Nibelcol were about to release the page, a fierce gust of wind blew from behind, blowing away the pages of Beelzebub."

"Kya!"

"W-what is this?"

The Nibelcol pressed down against their skirt and hair as they turned to look behind.

Immediately afterwards, a young girl equipped with a limited Astral Dress and a huge sword rushed over to attack the Nibelcol. It was the Spirit, Tohka.

"Hahhhhhhh!"

"Kya!"

At that moment, the group of Nibelcol scattered into two groups in order to avoid the blow. Then, from behind Tohka, the Yamai sisters, armored with limited Astral Dresses that had wings on their left and right shoulders respectively, spoke out to the Wizards guarding the ground turrets.

"Please leave this to us."

"Retreat. Please head back."

"......! S-sorry......!"

The Wizards left the scene while pressing down on their shoulders, which had been pierced by Beelzebub---Yelet. While quickly confirming this with a glance, Kaguya and Yuzuru lined up beside Tohka, who was glaring intently at the Nibelcol.

Three Spirits. While looking at this scene, the Nibelcol widened their eyes in surprise before distorting their lips in a maniacal grin.

"Kyahaha, is this serious?"

"Princess and Berserk? The fighting fraction has assembled together."

"I thought it would be boring destroying this fort. You've really been considerate for us."

After they had finished talking, the Nibelcol raised their hands to call back the pages of Beelzebub---Yelet that blew into the wind. The paper airplanes unfolded back into sheets of paper before quickly assuming another shape. Paper cranes. A string of a thousand paper cranes lined up together just like a flock of birds.

"Fufu, you'll be at a loss if you think you can blow this away with your wind again."

"If you're careless, your body will turn into a honeycomb of holes."

"Now, do you think you'll be able to sever my head before then?"

"But, I don't think there is any point doing that."

"I am one of a whole, a whole composed of one."

"No matter how many you kill. As long as Beelzebub is here, I will never die."

"Kyahaha, how can you kill a woman that does not know death?"

The Nibelcol smiled calmly while standing before the array of paper cranes. However, while Tohka and the Yamai Sisters were staring intently at the Nibelcol, they did not proceed to launch forward with any attacks.

"......?"

At first, it looked like they were looking for an opportunity to kill the Nibelcol, but that wasn't right. There was nothing in their eyes that resembled confusion or bafflement. Calm, but lurking with powerful intent. That is what was spoken in their eyes.

"Nibelcol, sorry to say, but your opponent is not us."

"Kaka, that is the case, there is a more suitable opponent for you."

"Consent. Yuzuru and the others are merely the escort."

"......Ha?"

All of the Nibelcol curled their brows upwards in surprise.

The Spirits should be at the top of the fighting force that Ratatoskr possessed. If there was anything capable of replacing them, then it could only be the former Adeptus 2, someone on the level of Takamiya Mana. However, suppose even if that Wizard had appeared, the situation would not change drastically. After all, no matter how many of the Nibelcol are killed──

"............Eh?" Halfway through that thought the Nibelcol let out an unexpected stunned voice.

It was because they saw, coming from behind Tohka and the others, the face of a person walking through the sand and dust.

That is, it was the face of a single boy. Of a tall, lean build and neutral face, he was wearing neither a limited Astral Dress nor CR-Unit, but a long white coat.

It was just a boy of high school age.

"Kunshu......Lucas?"

With eyes widened with alarm, that name was uttered out from their mouths. Yes, the person, walking through the cityscape transformed into a mountain of rubble by the aerial bombardment, was the exact person the Nibelcol had sought out to kill, Kunshu Lucas.

If Westcott had died, then it was DEM's defeat.

If Kunshu Lucas died, then it was Ratatoskr's defeat.

Although it was not a written rule, both sides should have been well aware of that fact.

Therefore, the Nibelcol also thought that Lucas was hiding behind a sturdy airship. At the very least, appearing in the forefront of the battlefield unguarded was something they had never expected. The sudden surprise led the Nibelcol to remain frozen for a while.

However, such a gap only lasted for a brief second. The Nibelcol turned their expressions of surprise into a fearless smile, glaring at Lucas who approached their side.

"Well......although I don't know what you are planning to do, how very bold of you."

"You're my opponent? Ahaha, are you underestimating me?"

"Well, no matter what, this would make a good souvenir for Otou-sama── yes!"

The Nibelcol lifted their hands and fired the Beelzebub---Page that had transformed into paper cranes.

"Fu──!" Tohka and the Yamai Sisters leaped forward to protect Lucas from the scattered paper cranes.

However, that behavior was within the scope of expectations.

The strength of the Nibelcol did not lie in absolute individual power, but rather a quantity of power that pushed everything else away. The Nibelcol took around 30 copies to deal with the Spirits, while the rest headed straight towards Lucas.

"Hahahahahahaha──!"

While laughing loudly, a single Nibelcol was rapidly approaching towards Lucas. Tohka and the others were too far behind. Even for a Spirit, they wouldn't be able to catch up at this timing.

The Nibelcol extended her hand forward in order to pierce through Lucas' heart.

However.

"Nibelcol." At that instant, Lucas, who had remained silent up until now, unexpectedly let out a gentle voice.

"I love you."

"..................Ha?"

Hearing words that were too unexpected, the Nibelcol widened her eyes in alarm for an instant.

However, that was only a mere prelude to Lucas' bizarre actions. Seizing the momentary gap, Lucas placed her hands over the Nibelcol's chin──

"────"

And then, he pulled the Nibelcol forward, pressing his own lips onto the Nibelcol's lips.

"............!?"

The sudden action filled the Nibelcol's mind with a myriad of questions. The meaning was completely incomprehensible. Did he lose his judgment because death was approaching? However, there wasn't any hesitation on his part. Then why did he appear on the battlefield to do this? Is this the enemy's secret strategy? Impossible. For the Nibelcol who would never die, such a thing would never──

"Uh......huh......?"

The Nibelcol felt a sense of discomfort. As if suffering from an illusion of her body melting. Her posture could no longer be retained. Their face was struck like a fever. Burning. Heart. Melting. However, there was also the feeling of not knowing why it felt so great---

With a faint light, the Nibelcol disappeared like a bubble as a piece of paper fluttered to the ground. The moment the paper reached the ground, it faded away into light particles in the air.

"Ha......!?"

"What?! This is......!"

Individuals who were watching this sight from the side spoke out with a trembling voice.

Immediately afterwards, even these individuals felt that their hearts were beating at an abnormal rate. It was as if she was attacked by the euphoria of a drug-like sensation secreted into her brain. Then just like the previous individual, they all disappeared into light particles in a fit of ecstasy.

"Kiss...the Nibelcol......?!"

Just before the beginning of Ratatoskr and DEM's battle.

Onboard the bridge of Fraxinus, after being told of Maria's method to deal with the Nibelcol, Lucas let out a startled expression.

No, not just Lucas. The surrounding Spirits, Shidou, and crew members all made a response similar to Lucas'.
However, Maria continued to speak in a very calm tone, as the screen continued to flicker.

"Yes, through a kiss. Although a pseudo-one, the Nibelcol is still a Spirit. Indeed it is reiryoku and not magical power that is being observed from them. As a result, it should be possible to seal them through Lucas' power."

"W-wait a minute. Even if the situation is just as Maria said, there needs to be a positive likeability to establish a seal on the Spirits. If the other party is not in a state where they had opened their heart, then no matter how many kisses......"

Lucas spoke out with sweat dripping down his face.

Yes, that was a point that he had been told multiple times up until now. Even if there was an opening to kiss the Nibelcol, the opponent is a Spirit created by DEM and aimed at Lucas' life with clear murderous intent. Lucas did not think that sealing the spiritual power was possible.

Having said that, leisurely chatting in order to raise the goodwill of the Nibelcol was also not an option. Maria's proposal could only be described as empty talk.

However, Maria, who seemed to think that Lucas' response was rational, let out a sigh (or at least a sound resembling that) before continuing on.

"It is true, just as you said. However, that is only the case for ordinary Spirits."

"What do you mean......?"

"Please recall the source of the Nibelcol, from where they are created from."

"From where......"

As Lucas said that, he turned his attention to Nia. Similarly, the other Spirits followed suit. Having suddenly been showered with unexpected attention, Nia lowered her back with an "uffun" sound. However, no one responded to this.

The Nibelcol is a Spirit created from the power of Beelzebub. And the Demon King Beelzebub was originally the book Angel Rasiel held by Nia.

"Yes, the origin of the Nibelcol is Beelzebub, but the Sephira Crystal is not the only thing taken from Nia."

"That means......" Kotori raised her brow after thinking of something, to which Maria quickly interjected with a "yes".

"Nia. What do you think about Lucas?"

"Eh? If it can help prepare a seal, then I can raise it for him at any time." As Nia replied back rather gloomily, Maria let out a cough of dissatisfaction before continuing on.

"Wait a minute. Are you saying that whether or not the Nibelcol can be sealed is linked to Nia's positive favorability......?!"

"That is likely the case. To use common jargon, even if the mouth of that low-degree woman is skeptical, at least the body is a little bit more honest in its place."

"............"

For that to be deemed common jargon, Lucas wiped away the sweat on his forehead.

That being said, if Maria's theory is true, they should be able to neutralize the difficult enemy, the Nibelcol. Bandersnatch and Nibelcol. If those two, who comprised the enemy's main battle force, disappeared, there was a chance for victory for Ratatoskr, who was heavily outnumbered.

But just then, Kotori gently shook her head.

"Even if that is true, it is too dangerous. Since kissing the Nibelcol is the requirement, then that would mean, Lucas, who is being targeted, has to appear on the battlefield."

Indeed, if thought of in terms of common sense, it was an absolutely impossible strategy. After all, it meant sending someone who should remain hidden away directly onto the forefront of the battlefield.

"........."

However, Lucas was not at a loss. After all, Lucas....was made for war. Lucas stared at everyone with a determined look.

"Let's do it. If this is the only way. Rather......it would be better to say that this method fits our style the most."

At the same time, the sensation of the kiss faded away, and the girl held within his arms disappeared into particles of light.

"............"

From that mysterious feeling, Lucas remained at that spot for a moment. No, it wasn't just that.

Having seen the kiss between Lucas and the Nibelcol, the surrounding Nibelcol flushed their faces with a red blush, twisting their bodies while clutching their chests before immediately disappearing as well.

The possibility of this phenomenon had been suggested by Maria in advance. The Nibelcol are one part of many, many composed of one.

Therefore, the same effect may be seen in kissed individuals and individuals who were aware of being kissed. A fatal hole in the complete group, the undead army, the Nibelcol.

Having the vulnerable Lucas on the battlefield is, on the contrary, the only blade that could destroy the strongest army!

"Shall we get started Nibelcol, it's time for me and you to begin our date."

Lucas declared in a quiet but evocative tone. Then, as if to provoke the Nibelcol further, he extended his fingers forward.

"......!"

"Don't underestimate--"

"We have---!"

The Nibelcol who had escaped from the seal flushed their expressions with anger as they all leaped forward to attack Lucas.

Although the seal could still be done, the opponent was still a Spirit. Basic physical ability was as much of a difference as the distance between heaven and earth. The power of an Angel was indispensable in trying to catch the speedy movements of the Nibelcol.

"Ahahahahaha!"

"Go to hell!"

The Nibelcol yelled as they attacked Lucas from all directions.

The Nibelcol seemed to be anxious about this unexpected situation, but their response was still coming. Certainly, there was only one pair of lips that Lucas had, it would be impossible for him to respond when pressed from so many directions at once.

However.

"Zadkiel, Haniel...!"

A different voice echoed. After those names were called out, the moisture in the air condensed to form three icy pillars behind Lucas.

"Wha......!?"

Faced with this surprise, the Nibelcol approaching Lucas hesitated. From a time perspective, it was less than a second.

However, that was ample time for Lucas.

"Un....."

"............!?"

Lucas seized an approaching Nibelcol and subsequently snatched her lips.

"Ha......this is......" Then, individuals who had witnessed that scene faded into light particles along with the one that was kissed.

"Thanks, Shidou."

"Don't mention it. This is only my payment for everything you've done for me."

Just next to him, Shidou who should've been on the Fraxinus bridge, placed his feet on the ground next to Lucas. Yes. This was all according to plan.

Lucas had predicted this much, the small time frame for Lucas to kiss a Nibelcol was still enough to counterattack, therefore, it was necessary for backup.

"Wha...What, you guys──!"

The Nibelcol who had survived because of the distance in their formation let out a roar.

This time, they did rush towards Lucas. Quickly raising their hands, the pages of the book floating around rolled up into a conical shape, pointing its tips towards Lucas and Shidou's direction.

Indeed, if being sealed required a kiss, then they could just attack at a safe distance. Although simple, it was an efficient strategy.

But.....If they would disappear because of recognition, then perhaps.

Bringing his right hand towards his lips, he made a playful gesture forward extending out his hand towards the Nibelcol group about to release the cone.

"Uh............tch!" That's right, it was just like. A flying kiss. Or in layman's terms, it was a blown kiss.

"Ugu......!"

"Ha──!?"

Having received the thrown kiss from Lucas, the Nibelcol all blushed madly while pressing their hands against their cheeks.

"I'm not done yet, my dear Nibelcol!"

Seeing an opportunity, Lucas quickly approached a nearby Nibelcol and stole her lips.

"Ahh......"

"Umm......"

Leaving out an intoxicated voice, the surrounding Nibelcol also disappeared. Remaining in the distance, the Nibelcol let out a frightened "Hii" sound.

"Now then......who is next?"

"Kya...ahhhhh!"

"Otou-samaaaa!" Letting out a scream, the remaining Nibelcol fled for safety. However, even if they looked like a weak girl now, they were still a threat to other Wizards and Spirits. Although he felt slightly guilty for bullying them, Lucas leisurely caught up to them with his speed.

"I won't let you escape."

Then the tempest of love was unleashed.

Whether it was the fleeing Nibelcol or the attacking Nibelcol, both groups were trembling as they were either trying to hide in the ruins or strike down their target.

Lucas made no distinction between them. He whispered to them sweet words of love before gently sweeping their lips away.

That attitude was matchless against those Spirits.

Although Bandersnatch and other Wizards were trying to rush down from the sky after noticing this anomaly, there was no one who could break the formation set up by Tohka, the Yamai Sisters, Lucas, and Shidou. Soon after, most of the Nibelcol sent to the ground to destroy the fortifications had already disappeared.

"Fu──"

However, there were still many Nibelcol on the ground. With the next battlefield as the goal, Lucas marched forward to a dense area populated by Nibelcol on the other side.

However──

"Lucas, Shidou!" Tohka's voice suddenly resounded from the sky. At that moment, Lucas felt the presence of someone lurking behind him.

"Ku......!"

──Was he being lured by the Nibelcol to suffer an ambush......!?

Thinking for a moment, there was only an instant of regret. Lucas stretched his hand to protect his back.

Even if a blow landed, he could still recover with his regenerative power as long it was within his regeneration frame. Then, Lucas would have to steal her lips even if it meant gambling his life.

However.

"Eh?"

"......"

The moment Lucas turned around, his eyes widened as he stopped moving. The reason was simple. What Lucas had assumed to be a Nibelcol was actually the shadow of──

"......Ara ara. How bold of you, Lucas." With two eyes of dissimilar color, the girl had a charming smile on his face.

"Ha......ha......"

Hiding in a deserted alley, the boy fiercely swirled his shoulders up and down. Large beads of sweat exuded down from his forehead as he pressed against his bleeding arm. The boy gritted with the back of his teeth to endure the pain while slowly squatting his body against the wall.

"I-it's nothing to worry about, Mio......"

"Un......compared to that, show me your arm."

As the boy was asked, Mio, who was also running away into the alley behind him, placed her hand over the boy's arm with a calm expression.

Then, as the part wrapped in her hand began to emit a faint glow, the pain felt by the boy's arm slowly disappeared.

"Wow......that is amazing."

"I just blocked the wound with reiryoku.... From that."

While speaking, Mio glanced quickly towards the direction of the street. From there came a steady stream of footsteps and voices searching for the boy and others.

"......Ah. Who are those people?" The boy whispered while staring at the silhouette flashing through the slit in the building.
That right. Right now the boy and Mio were being perused by an enigmatic group.

The reasons for the pursuit and their true identity were not clear. However, while the boy and Mio were going shopping like usual, foreigners suddenly appeared and began to attack them. It was just like a cheap scene from an action movie.

"............"

Mio closed her lips, remaining silent. The boy slanted his head in curiosity.

"Un? What's wrong, Mio."

".......Probably, they are chasing after me."

"Huh?"

"Inside, there were some people I had the impression of having seen already. We've talked about this before, the people I remember seeing first." Mio creased her eyebrows as she painfully continued.

"......I'm sorry. You got involved because of me. Run away, after that I'll......"

"I don't want that!" The boy interrupted Mio's words as she quickly sprang back up.

"Eh---"

"From the very moment, I talked to the girl at the center of that explosion; I was already prepared for trouble. And──" The boy pulled up Mio's hands in order to prevent her from seeing his flustered face while he was speaking.

"We are......family."

"............!"

Mio's hands trembled a bit from being surprised. Afterwards, she tightly gripped back the boy's hands.

There was no need for words. This was the best answer. The boy gave a slight nod, pulling on Mio's hand as they began walking.

"Anyway, let's first head to the police. We'll say that were being chased by dangerous people and need protection. Don't look down on the rule of law for this country......"

However, at that moment, the boy suddenly stopped his feet dead in his tracks. The reason was simple. Just as they were leaving the alley, they ran into a man while walking.

Bright blond hair and a lean face, it was a Westerner who was dressed in black clothes. Without a doubt, he was part of the group chasing the boy earlier.

"......! Get down!" Mio stepped forward as if to cover the boy.

"Mio!"

"It will be fine, I won't kill him.......!"

After saying that, Mio glared at the man.

However, the thick tension did not last very long. The man took in a heavy sigh while placing his hand against his forehead.

"......Hey, hey, are serious? You're the ones who ran into me here!" Then, the man began to speak in fluent Japanese.

"Huh......"

The unexpected response left the boy and Mio momentarily stunned. However, the man continued to speak in a calm voice.

"............Mio, is that this child's name?"

"......Ah, I chose it."

"That's a really good name." Then, as the man was speaking, he turned his attention to Mio. "Hey, right now....are you happy?"

"......At the least, I don't have any propensity to rejoice when chased by hostile people."

"N-no, I didn't mean it like that.......Do you want to stay with that boy?"

"............" Although Mio stared at the man with some ounce of hesitation, she gave him a swift but small nod.

"So that's it."

Then while the man let out another deep breath, he made a thumbs-up expression while directing them back to the alley.

"Go."

"......Ha?"

Hearing those unexpected words shocked the boy's eyes opened. For a moment, he thought it was a trick to cause him to lower his caution. However, he couldn't detect the slightest degree of hostility coming from that man.

"W-what do you mean?"

"There's no time for asking that. Hurry up and go ahead. Otherwise---"

"--! Found them! Over there!"

The next moment, a large cry was heard coming from the street. Accompanied by intense footsteps, three chasers ran over.

"Aaahh really, didn't I say so."

The man then exaggeratedly shrugged his shoulders, placing his head on his forehead as he sharpened his gaze and stomped on the ground.

Then, after slipping past the boy and Mio, he opened of his palm, striking the pursuers directly at the stomach.

"Kaha......!?"

"Woodman-san, what......!"

The pursers let out a pained voice as they fell to the ground one by one. The man who was called Woodman scratched his head as if annoyed by the trouble. Then, he pointed his thumb to the alley to urge the boy once again.

"......Hurry. That child. Mio. I'm leaving it up to you, Boy."

"......Ah, um......!"

Whether it was infighting or betrayal──it wasn't clear what had just happened, but they seemed to be saved. Shortly after, the boy grabbed Mio's hand and began to run.

However, while he didn't know how long they ran, he suddenly felt the force exerted by Mio's hand, which suddenly pulled the boy backwards.

"Waa!?" The sudden emergency brake caused the boy's body to sway back from whiplash.

At that moment, "pan!" accompanied by a dry sound, in front of the boy---or rather the location he was just at a moment ago had burst into sparks.

"Wha......" The boy furrowed his brow. Following this action, a number of pursers armed with guns appeared from the front alley.

And from the very back of the group, a very prominent man came to the forefront.

It was a tall man who was about 20 years old. He was characterized by dim silver hair and rusty eyes. Although his expression and behavior were very gentle, his body was emitting a strange atmosphere that he couldn't completely hide.

"Long time no see, Spirit. I've wanted to see you."

"............" Mio let out a sullen expression. However, the man did not take heed of that and simply redirected his attention to the boy.

"This is our first time meeting, isn't it boy? Thank you so much for protecting our Spirit. I really appreciate it. Of course, we've prepared a corresponding gift in return."

The man let out a light smile while speaking. Hearing these words that resembled as if one was treating a pet, the boy could not help but raise his voice.

"What are you playing at....?" However.

"We are currently protecting your sister. Let's return to each other everything to the correct path."

"Wha......!?"

"......" Hearing what the man had just said, the boy and Mio both stood breathless for an instant.

"You bastard! If you try to do anything to Mana, I will never forgive you......!"

"Huh? So that girl is called Mana. Haha, looks like my joke was useful after all. It seems that there was not without reason that the Spirit drifted into your hands."

While not understanding of anything being wrong, the man openly laughed.

Of course, he may have been lying about abducting Mana. However, his frantic behavior and numerous subordinates likely meant he wasn't kidding.

Having probably guessed the same thing as the boy, Mio stepped forward with a sullen expression.

"......Promise me that if I go with you, you'll return Mana."

"Ah, of course."

"Mio!?" The boy let out a surprised voice. However, Mio slowly turned around.

"......It's alright. Originally, I am an existence that shouldn't have appeared here. I can't afford to put Mana in danger because of me. Even if it was short, I was happy to be with you."

"......"

From the depth of the boy's throat, he let out an inaudible sound. Mio gently smiled before walking towards the men.
However──

"......Don't joke about that......!"

With strength infused in his trembling body, the boy rushed to grab Mio's hand in order to take her to quickly escape.

"! Wait!"

"Scoundrel--" Left in a panic, the pursuers took out their guns and began shooting; sparks flew as their bullets ricocheted against the wall.

"What are you---"

"You idiot. Do you really think that these guys are trustworthy!? Even if they've got you, there's no guarantee they won't kill me or Mana afterwards!"

"......! That's---"

"As long as you are still here with me, they won't be able to lay a hand on Mana! In any case. let's rethink our position. Recapture Mana while also continuing to let Mio live happily. That is the best route!" The boy was screaming while running. Mio opened her eyes with a feeling of relief.

"......! Un......!"

However, at that very instant.

"Oh my, how troubling. I wasn't intending to lie." From the corner of his vision, he saw the figure of a man holding a large caliber gun.

The boy felt a scalding feeling come from his chest.

"Ah...?" After a single pulse, the boy understood that he had just been shot.

Severe pain. The vibrations transmitted throughout his body made it impossible to breathe. Suddenly, his legs went limp as he collapsed on the spot. Slowly, slowly, he felt the feeling of being soaked by a lukewarm puddle.

"──!? ──!" Mio was saying something, desperately shouting something.

But soon, even those voices could no longer be heard.

Right now, it was the middle of the day, 1:30PM. They weren't stuck inside the laboratory like animals in the winter. Actually, it shouldn't be compared to that since it was Summer. In any case, right now, the man was dressed in a more casual outfit instead of a lab coat. Lucas was too. Instead of wearing nothing but a gown, this time, he was dressed in something more appropriate for the outside. After all, right now, they were in the middle of the city.

Since Lucas was still small, and the man too tall to comfortably walk hand in hand with him. For that reason, he was walking with Lucas sitting on his shoulder instead. That way, Lucas could see more of the city in a shorter amount of time because the man has longer legs and feet.

"The town is quite nice, isn't it, Lucas?"

"......." Lucas didn't respond to the man's question, but rather continued looking around the town instead.

"There's a lot of people around here. Although I do go often here, it feels nice every time."

"....." Lucas completely ignored the comment, and continued looking around the area restlessly." Seeing Lucas' curiosity, the man couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"Has anything caught your interest yet?" The man asked one more time. Although he didn't expect an answer, Lucas slowly raised his hand to point at a nearby shop. The shop was surrounded by many children with their parent(s). That was because it was an ice cream shop. It was summer, so it was natural the line was pretty long. After a bit of waiting, it was finally their turn to buy ice cream.

Lucas' expression didn't change, but somehow, the man could feel an excitement radiating from him. It was only something the man could feel, unlike everyone around. The flow of mana around Lucas had changed a bit when he laid his eyes on the ice cream.

The man was a magician capable of perceiving and manipulating the flow of mana and magic.

From the magic power radiating from Lucas' body, the man somehow figured out which flavor of ice cream Lucas wanted.

"Two Strawberry ice cream cones please." He said, and a short moment later, the cashier gave them the ice cream he ordered. Ice cream was quite expensive around here, but it was still a very enjoyable dessert, regardless of the high pricetag.

Lucas didn't seem to understand what it was when the man gave him his cone. Lucas stared at it blankly, watching it slowly melt and flow in between his fingers.

"Hey hey, don't just stare. Here, look." The man let him down from his shoulder and the two of them sat down on a nearby bench.

"Look, you're supposed to lick the cream. Like this." The man explained and licked the ice cream with his tongue.

"....." Lucas watched for a moment and imitated the movements. He started licking the ice cream the same way the man did and licked away the melted cream on his fingers. It seemed he grasped the idea quickly.

The man kinda felt like he was teaching a toddler....well, considering it's only been a week since Lucas had stepped foot on the planet---He was practically a newborn baby but in the body of a six-year-old. It was to be expected that he didn't have much knowledge yet. But, the man was quite surprised by the speed Lucas was learning. Being able to walk, speak, and understand on the same day he 'woke up' was something he didn't expect.

"How is it? Sweet and Yummy, right?"

"....." Lucas nodded and continued eating his ice cream.
The man relaxed his shoulder and also ate his ice cream. It was refreshing on a hot summer day such as right now.

"Oh, hold on..." The man raised his wrist to his hand to take a look at his wrist-clock. The time was exactly 2 PM.

"Elliot and the others should be going home soon. Let's go see them." Then, after they both finished their ice cream and ate the waffle cone, they stood up and the man picked up Lucas on his shoulder again. On the way, Lucas' stomach growled ever so often, maybe a bit too much...

The man was forced to buy much more food than he had anticipated. Well, it didn't matter too much anyway. He fortunately had enough money in his pocket.

"........" Lucas stared at the large building in front of them. It was a large building with a giant clock on the top. Then, the sound of a bell rang, and many students were passing by Lucas and the man. It was a local school.

"Cute...."
"Black hair...is he perhaps a foreigner..."
"I wish he was our age..."

---And so on could be heard from the passing female students. Of course, Lucas didn't respond to them as he had no means of talking yet. But, a drop of sweat ran down the man's face as he did understand everything they said, unlike Lucas. Well, he kind of expected it. Lucas' looks are quite unusual in the area.

"Ah! There they are." The man spoke out as he saw four familiar figures walk through the entrance door.

"Elliot! Ike! Ellen! Karen!"

"..? Father?" Upon being called, the boy named Elliot ran up to him. "What are you doing here? And...." When he placed his eyes on the boy sitting over his shoulder, he became confused. "Who is...that?"

"Ah, let me introduce him." The man started, and slowly placed Lucas back on his feet. "His name is Lucas. From now on, he'll be part of our family."

"....? Is that so..." Elliot then took a step forward in front of Lucas and crouched to his height. "Yo. My name's Elliot Baldwin Woodman. From now on, I'll be your older brother."

".....Elli....ot." Lucas muttered in a small voice. Elliot smiled as he stretched out his pinky finger.

"Welcome to our family."

"....." With a small tear escaping his eyes, Lucas grabbed onto the pinky with his tiny hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 316 88
He didn't know the first thing about running a school, nor fixing a political disaster spanning all of Remnant. Hell, he didn't even know how to deal...
12.6K 643 101
When love between a human male and a female dragonkin blossoms, a harem grows in place. Kaze had the chance of meeting a dragonkin, Lunaria, who even...
1.1M 40.6K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
32.6K 1K 26
Louis Tomlinson's the head school's football team (a school jockey to be more precise) and is dating Stacy the head of the cheerleading team. what a...