Tracking The Bounty{HunterxOC}

By xoautumnbratxo

Aurora Ealis is a Bounty Hunter who thinks that it's best to be alone in life. With no one to care for, loss... More

Author's Note #1
Rescued By The Batch
Taken
Gone Again
Rampage
Decommissioned
Just A Bounty Hunter
Battle Scars
Reunion
The Bounty Hunters
Feelings On Felucia
Common Ground
Devil's Deal
I Don't Trust You
Blind Betrayal
Infested
The Poison Chosen Especially For Aurora
The Tension is Strong With These Two
It's Not A Date
War-Mantle
Return To Kamino
Kamino Lost
Death Of A Princess
Spoils Of War
Ruins Of War
A Risqué Mission
Shooting Stars
A Bounty On The Bounty Hunter
Kidnapping A Queen
Faster
Entombed
Haunted By The Past
Tribe
Boyfriends and interrogations
Truth and Consequences
Just A Dance
The Crossing
Retrieval
Red Bandana's
Metamorphosis
Making Amends
We Shouldn't Feel This Way
Gone With The Wind
A Thing Of The Past
What Happens Now?
Pabu
First Day To The Rest Of Our Lives
Tipping Point
A Day To Remember
Plan 99
The Aftermath
Rotation 96
Paths Unknown Pt. 1
Paths Unknown Pt. 2
A Different Approach
The Return
The Calm
Infiltration
Extraction
Bad Territory
The Harbinger

The Summit

265 9 9
By xoautumnbratxo

Before the group knew, it was back to work on the Hemlock case. Everyone was crammed inside the Marauder once nighttime settled on Pabu again. Tech and Echo had gone through their research on what they discovered on the research vessel. Aurora was leaning on the wall across from where Tech was sitting, who was on the comm-computer.

"Echo and I have scoured through imperial and republic files, but intel about the Advanced Science Division is limited." Tech stated.

"Do we know where they're detaining Crosshair and the other clones?" Hunter asked.

"Negative. Their base of operations is unknown." Tech said.

"Well what about their chief scientist?" Hunter questioned.

"There is even less on Dr. Hemlock, and I was very thorough." Tech added.

"Of course he is practically a ghost." Aurora commented.

"He is a ghost." Tech agreed.

"Not quite." Echo walked towards the group. "According to a contact of mine, Hemlock's set to attend a high-level imperial summit in two rotations. He sat at the computer across from Tech and Aurora got up and leaned over, observing what Echo was doing.

"Where?" Hunter asked.

Echo finished typing. "Tarkin's compound of Eriadu. If we do a covert infiltration, we can plant a homing beacon on Hemlock's ship and track him to his base."

"And to Crosshair." Omega added.

"It won't be that simple." Hunter said. "We'd be at a tactical disadvantage, and I'm not sure it's worth the risk."

"I understand your hesitation." Tech said. "We have not agreed with Crosshair, but he is still our brother." Wrecker nodded. "We do not leave our own behind."

"If there's a chance to get him back, then we have to take it." Omega added.

"Definitely." Wrecker said.

"Aurora?" Hunter questioned.

"You know where I stand on all of this. I follow you." Aurora said.

Hunter sighed. "What about reinforcements?"

"Well Rex is on a separate mission, so it's just us." Echo said. "A small enough team to get in and out without alerting them. But we'll need to move quickly."

"Well then let's get started." Hunter said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tech had the whole group on their way to Eriadu. Everyone was in the bridge, while Tech and Echo were flying through hyperspace. Wrecker, of course, was eating.

"I have identified a suitable location to land outside their sensor range." Tech stated.

"How are we bypassing those cruisers?" Hunter asked.

"Using a clearance code Rex and I acquired from one of our contacts." Echo added.

"This will be good." Aurora mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Good to have you back, Echo." Wrecker chimed in and looked at Omega. "Just like old times." Omega nodded in agreement.

The Marauder came out of hyperspace and Aurora saw all three Venators in front of them. Even Aurora couldn't help but feel anxious.

"Wrecker, man the tail gun." Hunter ordered. "Just in case."

Wrecker got up. "You got it."

"Transmitting code." Echo said.

"If this doesn't work, be ready to fly out of here." Hunter said.

"This better work." Aurora whispered right as the ship flew under a Venator. It was too quiet for anyone's liking, but everyone was almost afraid to talk. A moment later the comms came to life.

"Vessel 1143 you are clear for approach."

Aurora let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. "Thank the maker."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tech and Echo quickly got the Marauder landed and the group left the ship.

"Let's make this quick before they realize we didn't land at the base." Echo said and the group walked into the woods.

"What kind of approach are we making?" Omega asked. "A side-wind breach?"

"It worked on Raxus." Tech said.

"It won't work here." Echo added. "The empire's protocols have changed since then."

Wrecker chuckled. "Thanks to us."

"I don't think that's something to brag about." Aurora added.

"No tanks and no explosions this time Wrecker." Echo pushed past the group.

"Fine." Wrecker groaned.

The group kept walking until they came up to a ledge. Aurora saw the device in front of them. They all crouched and a rail car went past them. The group was looking through their binoculars.

"The compound is heavily fortified." Hunter said.

"This place doesn't seem too complicated." Aurora casually said.

"But there's a weak point in the rail line that we can exploit." Echo said. "We'll sneak past the sensor and hitch a ride under one of the cars."

"You mean hang?" Omega questioned. "Over that?"

"Well it's the only way to access the compound unnoticed." Echo said.

"That's one way to do it." Aurora said.

"Tech, disable the sensor." Hunter said.

"That would trigger an alert." Tech said, looking at his data pad. "I can temporarily disrupt the feed, but I estimate only 30 seconds for us to clear the zone before it reactivates. We must be precise." Tech said and the group all turned to Wrecker.

"What? I can handle it!" Wrecker said.

Hunter looked through the binoculars again, holding his hand up. Once safe, Hunter moved his hand down and Tech ran forward and used the grappling cable on his gun. Propelled to the sensor. He leaned back against the wall, after taking a moment to compose himself he looked back at the control panel. Using the grappling gun, he pressed it against the control panel and ripped the door off its hinges.

"Well, wasn't that just hot of Tech to do." Aurora commented and Hunter shot a look at her and she only shrugged. "Relax, I married you."

"Stand by." Tech called into the comms and started working on the panel.

Moments of silence go by.

"Another railcar is approaching." Hunter called back. "Are we set?"

The group all heard the sensor powering down, but they still waited for Tech to inform them. "The sensor is down." Tech said. "Move in!"

The group ran towards the rail car. Aurora pulled out her grappling cable aiming it towards the cable car and shot it towards the rail car. Hitching a ride to the mountain.

"Halfway there." Echo said a few moments into the ride.

Aurora was next to Wrecker, who conveniently said. "This isn't so bad." Of course the big clone looked down and groaned. "Never mind."

Aurora shook her head. "This is why we don't look down, Wrecker."

Once the rail car was safely over the balcony Aurora jumped down. Hunter and Echo quickly took care of the three stormtroopers that were guarding the ledge. They paused at the door before Hunter nodded and the group ran inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group ran to where all the ships were docked. Hunter pulled out his binoculars again and started looking for Hemlock's ship.

"Which ship is Hemlock's?" Omega asked.

Echo looked up. "We need to access the hangers manifest from the control room."

"Tech, Echo, Aurora, with me." Hunter said. "You two plant the homing beacon." He nodded to Omega and Wrecker.

"Good luck." Aurora said and she ran off with the others and trailed up the ladder behind them. Running into the control room. Echo and Hunter stunned the workers.

"I'll monitor their security channels." Echo said.

Aurora helped Hunter move the bodies while Echo and Tech jumped onto the computers.

"Found it." Tech said as Aurora was looking out the window. "Hemlock's shuttle is at docking lane four."

"Copy that." They heard Omega call back into the comms.

"Something's not right." Echo said.

"Of course somethings not right." Aurora said.

"Many of the surveillance systems have had cycled deactivations in various corridors." He responded.

"That is highly irregular." Tech mentioned, "considering the number of top-ranking Imperial officers present."

"Who else is here then?" Aurora asked.

"Tech, Aurora, Let's check it out." Hunter said. "Echo, keep an eye on things." Hunter and Tech pulled out their blasters and Aurora followed behind the boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora, Tech, and Hunter stood in an open doorway. Tech pulled down his visor.

"Another offline camera." Tech said and the three of them made their way inside. Tech walked up to some controls and typed away. Aurora was looking down the hallway where the third offline camera was. "This quadrant of the surveillance system has been fully deactivated. I do not like this. We should leave."

"You know. I agree with Tech." Aurora whispered, feeling the need too.

Hunter walked away from them. He knelt down and looked behind some pipes. "Tech, Aurora." He eerily said.

Aurora and Tech walked over and Tech peered behind the pipes. "A thermal explosive."

"Someone is targeting this base." Hunter said.

"What in the kriff's sake is going on?" Aurora asked, pulling her blaster from its holster.

"One charge will not cause much damage." Tech said.

Hunter turned away from the explosive, already having his blaster out. Hearing the sound of more blaster, Aurora pointed hers towards the strangers as well. Tech following behind them.

"Good thing we have more." A voice came from a connecting hallway. He appeared, him and his counterpart wearing clone armor and held up his hands and waved his counterpart to put their blaster down. Slowly he took off his helmet. "Didn't expect to find you two here."

"You know him?" Aurora asked.

"Saw Gerrera." Tech stated.

"Saw Gerrera?" Aurora questioned. "As in Saw Gerrera the freedom fighter?"

Saw Gerrera nodded. "I told you on Onderon you had a choice to make." He said. "Looks like you've chosen."

"I'm confused. Hunter, what happened on Onderon?" Valerie asked.

"Keep an eye out." Saw turned to his companion. He walked up to them, Aurora still held his blaster towards him.

"What exactly is your plan here?" Hunter asked, lowering his blaster.

"I'm leveling this compound, along with all the Imperials inside it." He said.

"That's a dumb plan. You know the Imperial officers here have contingencies in place to keep them safe from petty bombings." Aurora said.

"We can't let you do that anyways." Hunter added. He rested his hand on Aurora's blaster, slowly lowering it for her. "We're tracking one of the officers. We need to find his base where clones are being imprisoned, including one of our own."

"You expect me to call this off to save a few prisoners?" Saw asked.

"Yes, those are lives we can save." Aurora snapped. She had a bad feeling about this man.

Saw walked up to Hunter, Aurora kept her hands wrapped around her blaster. "We are trying to fight an empire."

"And you better back away from him." Aurora defensively said.

"Have you considered that by destroying this facility you are wiping out any chance to gather intel that could help your cause?" Tech chimed in.

"Taking out several of their top commanders is a good start." Saw said.

"Well that victory will be short-lived." Tech added, "as their ranks will quickly be replenished."

"Maybe so." Saw said. "But sacrifices have to be made for the greater good."

Saw's companion walked back up to him. "We have to go now. A security team's been alerted."

On cue a stormtrooper walked in. Hunter quickly grabbed Aurora and pulled her behind him before he and Saw shot the trooper multiple times. More troopers started filing in. Aurora leaned over Hunter's shoulder to shoot some of the troopers as well.

Tech crouched behind a pillar while Hunter and Aurora got behind another one. Aurora looked up to see Saw helping his injured companion.

"Hunter, we've worn out our welcome. We need to leave, now." Aurora informed him.

"Don't you think I know that?" Hunter said.

Tech threw a shock grenade. Taking out two of the stormtroopers and he shot the last one. The three of them continued running. Aurora was running ahead of the boys. Shooting the stormtroopers. Hunter and Tech shooting the ones she misses.

"We've been compromised." Hunter said into the comms. "Get back to the rail line."

The three of them were still running. The stormtroopers behind them gained momentum but the closing doors cut them off. They rounded a corner to more troopers running towards them. They ran back to the closed hallway.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Aurora groaned.

The stormtroopers rounded the corner but before they could start shooting they were taken out and the group heard the familiar laugh of Wrecker. The door behind them started to open and everyone took off running again.

They made it to the ladder and one by one started sliding down. Tech threw another shock grenade, taking out three stormtroopers. Everyone ran back to the rail car. Once everyone was in the rail car, Tech closed the door.

"Anytime Tech!" Aurora yelled.

"We need an access code." Tech said.

"I'll override it." Echo said and plugged into the rail car. Omega pulled out her bow and started shooting the stormtroopers that came down the ladder. Aurora, Hunter, and Wrecker turned as well to start shooting the stormtroopers coming into the car. Echo got the rail car moving.

Looking through the shuddered window's Aurora saw smoke coming from the compound. "Looks like Saw blew the place up!" She informed everyone.

The rail car started to lose power. "We're losing power!" Echo called out. The group took out the last of the stormtroopers while the rail car came to a slow stop.

Aurora walked up to Tech, who was looking out the window. The two of them saw another rail car stopped with them. Stormtroopers getting the doors opened. "This is going to be a problem." He turned back to the group. Aurora turned around as well. Meeting her gaze with Hunter. A deep pit sat in her stomach. Hunter and Wrecker walked up to the window, seeing the stormtroopers. Everyone turned to Echo who was still connected to the rail car.

"Stay close, Omega." Aurora said and the group huddled, unsure of what to do now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.3K 1.8K 34
Delta. That is what they choose to call her. Delta is a bounty hunter who has been assigned a very special mission.... to protect the Clone, Ome...
51.7K 2.1K 82
𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disliking. Ry, taken from her home when she...
168K 5.1K 64
Order 66 has been initiated...And yet, the Bad Batch, besides Crosshair, are excluded from the ruthless act. When they return to Kamino, they learn t...
73.2K 2.7K 100
Survivor. Outcast. Fugitive. Astera Lyell barely escaped Order 66 with her life. Now she's on the run, looking desperately for someplace to lay low...